•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
islayhearts

Second grow..

Hello all,

This is my second grow. Just figured I would start posting my progress so you could all follow along. I know everyone here loves photos so I took some to post up. Nothing exciting yet, just vegging away.

Have 2 Kolosuss, 2 Shackzilla, 1 Barneys Farm G13 haze and 1 Reserva Privada Kandy Kush. The Kolossus and Shack are doing a side by side grow, one each is in a normal pot and 1 in a smartpot to see if there is any difference in the final outcome.

Well enough flapping away about boring stuff, here are the pics so far. Feel free to rip me apart, any comments are welcome as they will just help me learn. Thanks

Kolossus #1

gallery_7892_3769_6493895.jpg

Kolossus #2

gallery_7892_3769_4138979.jpg

Shack #1

gallery_7892_3769_1158374.jpg

Shack #2

gallery_7892_3769_6516576.jpg

Kandy kush ( a small amount of nute burn, which I have stopped nutes and just gone to straight water)

gallery_7892_3769_5866071.jpg

The whole grow this time thru... 2 kolossus front left and front middle, shack are the front right and back right, Kandy kush is back left and G13 haze is the stumpy one in the middle back.

gallery_7892_3769_7895021.jpg

Guest UfoDisclosure

Hi Islayhearts

Your plants look healthy, no problem so far.

What fertilizers are you going to use, hardware, light, ventilation?

The light seens very white, a MH isn't it?

Best luck man

UD

UD -

Ferts I am planning on using the Fox Farm line.. Still pretty hesitant to play with nutes, seems every time I try I burn the plants. I only start them out at 35% or so but still see mixed results. I have a 400 watt light, nothing fancy. MH for veg and a HPS for flower. Ventilation is just a 400cfm fan at the top of the tent, passive intake at the bottom. Have a Filter on there for when she decides to get stinky.

Currently they are under the MH, might seems super white because of the camera correcting the white balance for me.

Looking good mate, new people and threads are always nice to watch... keep us update.

You can surely hold the automatic balance from your camera and setting it better yourself.

What are you thinking please about smartpot vs standard ? roots a big difference ?

Happy growing... :j

So far there seems to be no real difference in growth. Time will tell over the flowering period. They do tend to dry out faster than normal pots so that just means more watering for me. Other than that, it is just too early to tell.

Wrecks - thanks for the compliments!!! they are still green, I am still happy.

Brock - Been 28 days from seed during these pics. Looking back these might become monsters...?? not sure but we will soon find out.

Islay,

Looking tasty! Are these fem seeds or are we waiting to see signs of sex?

I was fooled for a second on the first Shack pic... It looked like a root poking through already then I realized it was the bag tag... :whistling

Keep 'em green!

:spliff:

Guest BrockSamson

those are looking nice for 4 week veg (I've got 10 of em (kolossus) coming up to a 4 week veg...they grow up quick don't they?)

your plants look great.

during mid to late flowering

watch that Barney's plant for nanners,

and put it on an edge if you scrog so it can be cut out easily.

it will grow very large in flower.

• Like 1

Reallate1 - They are Fem seeds, and yes that is just the tag of the smart pot. Haven't made a decision yet if they are worth the extra cost.

Brock - Yeah I switched them over to 12/12 4 days ago. Been trying to get on here to update this thread but OG wasn't having it for some reason.

Mariano - Thanks!!! Also thanks for the tip on the nanners, no scrog this time thru just a straight up grow, love me some big colas!

Pics coming soon. Everyone loves eye candy!

Here we go with a visual update...

Whole garden..

gallery_7892_3769_8871430.jpg

Kandy Kush

gallery_7892_3769_17580.jpg

Kolossus

gallery_7892_3769_5153134.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_7818516.jpg

Shackzilla

gallery_7892_3769_8572482.jpg

G13 Haze

gallery_7892_3769_4461136.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_8567692.jpg

Kolossus Smartpot

gallery_7892_3769_7013621.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_3573452.jpg

Shackzilla Smartpot

gallery_7892_3769_7296940.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_1234207.jpg

Not sure if anyone is paying attention but it helps me stay on top of the grow so here we go with an update....

The Tent

gallery_7892_3769_6459073.jpg

Kandy Kush

gallery_7892_3769_7180972.jpg

Kolossus Smart Pot

gallery_7892_3769_4400361.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_4197128.jpg

Shackzilla Smart Pot

This plant is a good 10 inches(25 cm) shorter than the other plants.

gallery_7892_3769_2934557.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_6898910.jpg

G13 Haze

gallery_7892_3769_2591764.jpg

Kolossus

gallery_7892_3769_6473747.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_5112924.jpg

Shackzilla

gallery_7892_3769_4019395.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_2498704.jpg

Coming along nicely :tu

Sweet variety you have going. That Shackzilla has really nice form so far. She's gonna be a nice one. :specool

Guest BrockSamson

daaaayyyyymmmmeee...... (dayme (damn).. Those are looking sexy, I see there's only the primary cola on each of those (with side branch colas) did you top these?

Beachbud - thanks, haven't had the luxury of trying either of these sannies strains yet but have read amazing things.

Roodni - Thank you, variety is my main goal right now in growing.

Brock - They are looking nice, hope they plump up! I didn't top or fim them, just a natural grow for the first time through with these plants. Next time I think I am going to top them and throw them in a scrog. Sound familar haha? I am watching to see how well that grow goes.

Also these are 18 days from the switch to 12/12. took about 5 or 6 days before I saw the starting of buds.

Thanks everyone.

new pics.....

Something is off with the smart pots, I know they dry out faster but the amount of lower fan leaves dying off seems to be far ahead of schedule. Maybe I am just making it up but I thought they don't die off this early on and the same strains in the regular pots have no sign of this at all.

G13 Haze

gallery_7892_3769_428374.jpg

Shacks....

gallery_7892_3769_1860040.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_1411787.jpg

Kolossus's...

gallery_7892_3769_2191803.jpg

gallery_7892_3769_2279020.jpg

Kandy Kush

gallery_7892_3769_2599882.jpg

Thanks all for looking, just trying to learn as much as I can. Right now still under the 400hps, feeding with Molasses every watering and molasses and nutes at 1/3 strength every other.

• Like 1

Hey, your pics look good, but it looks like you are showing classic mild over-fert/over-water signs. The hooked leaves are classic, and still bother me on some plants. Aside from that, the leaf edges are curling up. The yellow/crinkle on the lower fan leaves suggest nitrogen/cal-mag, but the curling and deep, crinkled undulations on the leaves suggests that you have too high nutrient concentration, or very low humidity that is causing you to eat too much nutes. I think a light flush followed by light nutes might help...compost tea with beneficial microbes would certainly help I think. Perhaps I am completely wrong, though.

• Like 1

Also I think you should let your medium get a bit on the dry side before watering again. It will help microbe/root health. I suggest buying a cheap air pump/stone to aerate your water and nute solutions. Be careful not to over-water as well.

Brock - They are both around 27 Inches (69 cm)

Nil - I think you are right.... I also think the problem has gotten a lot worse over the past two days and might not be fixable now. I have been watering more often but it seems that the plants were taking more as the weeks went on. Maybe I was just being too cautious. :( The Kandy Kush has nute burn from early on, and haven't been giving it much other than water and molasses. The others I might have over done it on the nutes but I suspect the biggger problem is the cal/mag level. It happened to me on my last grow and stopped when I started feeding the plants molasses but this grow doesn't seem to be helping it. I will have to order some cal/mag to resolve the problem and while I am at should pick up an air stone as you suggested. Just been doing this on the cheap when I really shouldn't skimp. Thanks for the honest opinion.

Will be posting an update with pics in a few days hopefully.