•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Reallate1

Maverick

It is with great sadness that I must inform the membership of the passing of a great friend, and moderator extrordinaire, Maverick.

Paraphrased from his Obituary:

Maverick passed away at 11:32 p.m. on Friday, April 12, 2013, at a local Hospital after a sudden illness.

Born May 13, 1946, in Missouri, he was a 1964, graduate of a Missouri Senior High School and lived in Missouri most of his life, except for 10 years which he spent in California. A Journeyman Electrician, he was a former member of the I.B.E.W.; was a store owner for many years, and worked in the field with his father as well. He also served in the National Guard and enjoyed gardening.

Survivors include a daughter, a son, two grandchildren, his mother, and many extended family and friends. He will be greatly missed by his faithful companions, Feebie and Jimbo.

Maverick was preceded in death by his father and maternal grandparents.

At his request, the body will be cremated with no formal services. [End]

Maverick was a great friend and mentor to me. We spent long hours of the day and night sharing stories and life experiences. Albeit from a distance, we shared many great smokes together. I am so much the wiser, better person for having known him, and I miss him terribly.

Mav was kindhearted and cared deeply for this website. He could be harsh at times, but was always fair. He was even-handed, and meted out discipline as a last resort. He stood for what he believed was right, whether it was in the forums or behind the scenes. He held the members interest at heart, but was also a staunch supporter of his good friend Sannie.

He had many friends here and on other sites he enjoyed spending time at. I know they will miss him as I do. I know he cherished those people and the time they shared together.

He was an extraordinary gardener in his own right, but as his health failed him he resorted to helping and advising others in the art of the garden. He was always willing to offer advice when asked.

He loved the artwork of Lowell Davis, a childhood friend. He had a massive collection of those works. He loved to eat alligator, gumbo, and even an occasional bull ball or two. He loved dogs. (But NOT to eat)

He lived long enough to see the beginning of the end of cannabis prohibition in the United States, but not quite long enough to see the end of the Jodi Arias trial. These were a couple of his muses.

I hope that those of you close to him hold him in your heart with fond memories. I know I will.

I welcome any comments, stories, or kind words for Maverick that any of you would like to share with the members.

Finally I would like to propose to Sannie and the admins here; in Mavericks' memory, that the "OpenGrow Word Association" thread name be changed to "Mavericks' (OpenGrow) Word Association". It was his "pet" so to speak, and I believe it would be an honor to him.

Sincerely,

Reallate1

• Like 16

I have no problemscwith the tribute name. Mav I never met in person but he done major personal favors to me... Im gonna miss him dearly

Sad news. Best wishes to his family and friends.

That was well written tribute to a great friend of yours. He is smiling down on you :) Rest in peace, Maverick!

• Like 1

You'll be missed, Ol'Mav.

The game won't taste the same without you.

Take care, ol'friend.

Bnj

Omg! :cry

The forum lost a fine man.

A real grow-teacher with a good hart.

May Maverick rest in peace!

Greetings

Torsti

Lost for words.

RIP Maverick

One of Opengrows finest.

:grinning_respect:

RIP Maverick

U will be missed by my me, my entire Fam and friends.

I had the luck knowing u personally and that i could be your host in West europe here when u came.

My garden is full with seeds that u fixed me from Baker Creek.

Each packet i use to germinate i think about u.

Yes, It is hard to lose a good friend.

Sweet dreams buddy

e$ko,

• Like 1

Sorry I haven't been on here long enough to really have gotten to know Mav. but he will be remembered as one of the first to welcome me and let me know that he was close to my area. RIP :innocent: Best to your Family!!

Dear all,

Maverick was a great man.

What he started must go on.

I also know hem personally, I will miss him very much.

Take Care all.

Very much a surprise. I was wondering where he had went and now I know. RIP brother

I felt a respect for him, and will miss his presence. He felt real on here.

I had the honer to excange a few emails with Maverick.He was a straight talker with good heart.I know that we all have it comming but it still hurts when you lose a friend.