•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
BeachBud

Anybody Know Purple Strains?

I recently purchased Purple Elephant and Purple Walrus clones, 1 of each. I got to try the Purple Elephant before hand and was very impressed with the looks, smell and high. I've not grown either of these before so am hoping someone here may have experience with one or the other. Mainly I'm wondering about expected size, flower duration and such but I'll take whatever info I can get.

Here's a look at them just after up-potting a couple days ago. They have grown a couple inches since then, really taking off in the new soil. I've had them for 12 days now so they are just over 3 weeks old total.

gallery_7905_3827_29020.jpg

gallery_7905_3827_773043.jpg

Also picked up a Blackberry Kush. She was the largest to begin with and is really branching out now.

gallery_7905_3827_157358.jpg

Any info on her would be appreciated also :)

• Like 1

If you like Purples

gallery_833_383_111595.jpg

You've come to the right place.

gallery_833_383_61056.jpg

Blue Hammer Killingfields Jackberry sugarpunch

gallery_833_383_29092.jpg

These are all berry hazes as well.

Gotta warn ya, purples are fussy.

• Like 2

sounds interesting,BeachBud.......can´t wait to see them flower!!

found on Seedfinder.eu:

"JojoRizo´s (RIP) Purple Elephant is basically a Purple Urkle Hybrid or perhaps a selection of S1 seeds......"

• Like 1

@SOA - thanks for the pics, pretty aren't they? I'll be happy if these turn out likewise.

@ saxo - appreciate the link info. I'll check it out. :)

If it's from a dispensary there is a good chance they just made the name up and it is meaningless. Try it and see.

If it's from a dispensary there is a good chance they just made the name up and it is meaningless. Try it and see.

Always that chance, I suppose time will tell. The 2 "purples" are very similar at this stage as far as size and structure go. We'll see how they mature.

Being a new business I'm hoping the guy wants to get off on the right foot with folks and isn't playing games as you describe.

I have had Purple Walrus. It appears to be a local strain.I got an eighth from the market in White Center for $20. It was frosty and compact nuggets, but I cannot remember it. I don't mean to discourage, but I don't think it really stood out to me. I hit a lot of dispensaries and eventually sample everything. Some strain really stand out. A purple strain that I have been getting from one of my local dispensaries is Grape Ape. That stuff is very very stoney. We got some from another Seattle dispensary today and haven't tried it yet. It all depends on the grower and especially the lighting I feel. But some strains stand out and command a good price like GSC Cookies. I got some Northern Lights today, $8 a gram or $28 for an eighth. That shit is so bomb. I have been smoking all day hitting various things in my stash and took a hit of the NL. I was freaking stoned. I mean that stuff was a real pick-me-up. I have to drive a long way to get more of that stuff and I think I will. But I have to call because you cannot count on these guys always having the same stuff, especially if it is good. gallery_7799_3819_356245.jpg

The Northern Light

gallery_7799_3819_903380.jpg

• Like 1

never heard of the walrus though the more elephant 411 can be found @gagegreen's site

they might be able to tell you more about the walrus too. could very easily be related some how imho.

quickly found this on the p walrus

http://forum.grasscity.com/smoke-reports/1143375-purple-walrus.html

grow journal has some here = http://www.rollitup.org/grow-journals/504249-my-journal-green-crack-n.html

http://www.420magazine.com/gallery/member-galleries/p309009-purple-walrus.html

Mixted popsted in a top 3 favorite strains thread = http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-cannabis-seeds-banks/1192447-top-3-favorite-strains.html

Posted 22 March 2013 - 12:34 AM

• 2,250 posts

In this order.

Purple walrus (clone only) - Kick you right in the fucking head high, no couch lock but a very long lasting and powerful high.

Blue Mystic (Nirvana) - Seeds seem to always produce the exact same type of weed, very flavorful, not the most potent but a good lasting high.

Berry bomb (bomb seeds) - The perfect cross between couch lock and head. Plants finish fast (6 week flower in my case) Produces a decent amount per plant and smell/tastes fantastic. Was in the top 2 until the walrus came to town.

But I could go on for days like this, Smoked lots of good stuff and can really appreciate many varities of herb if it suits the enviromental situation.

found this @seeddepot = http://forum.seeddepot.nl/showthread.php?3311-Purple-Walrus-x-Ortega-Testers-Wanted!