•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
amw

16/8 for veg?

is 16/8 o.k. for veg?

thanks again for a really fast answer guys! yeah they are indica and indica dominant and have been on 18/6 for 3 weeks but the heat is getting up. but they show know signs of stress whatsoever. im just trying to keep temps to a minimum and figured if i could take 2 hours of light away and let the lights come on 2 hours later , by then the temps would be a little cooler. by the way this is a shed grow with 1000 watts in a 6 feet by 4 feet by 7 feet high. i always run my lights at night and let the timer bring the 1000watter on at 5 o'clock pm and cut off at 11 o'clock am the following day.ive used this setup for 3 years all year round and have never had temps get any higher than 90 degrees during lights on. ive heard some say that 90 degrees is too high but ive never had any problems since ive gotten everything dialed in. 465cfm exhaust with 240 cfm intake with an oscillating fan to keep the air moving. exhaust is controlled by a diy thermostat also. cooler months go much smoother needless to say but the yield isnt compromised much and as long as i grow indica or indica dominant they always make tight hard nugs! i figure if plants outdoors can take 100 plus degrees then 90 should be o.k. as long as i keep fresh air coming in from outside{intake is a 14x14 hole with a filter and a 240 cfm blower bringing in fresh cool air ] ill post pics soon and let yall take a peek! thanks again guys for chiming in, peace and happy growing, AMW

Only downfall I see is a longer time for vegging to the size your after...... Shouldn't make a massive difference though.

Grtz HC

thanks again hillcrest! well the next week is going to be cooler and ive always used 18/6 for veg with good results and i gotta say there's no heat stress or any other problems . nice short node distances, lush green foliage with fast growth rate. so far so good. when i visit the grow later this evening ill try to remember to take some pics! ive topped them at the 5th node and they are really getting full and bushy. thanks again to everybody here at OG for all yalls help.ive been growing for 16 years outdoors and was taught by a professional seasoned geurilla grower but indoors is much different man. i ve been doing the indoor thing for 3 years total and learn very fast. having 14 years in hvac and electrical helps alot too. i could not have learned this great hobby as fast without all yall here at opengrow and the help is much appreciated !!! peace and happy toking, AMW