•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

Colombian x Jamaican USC ala randude

Opengrower Hello, Hallo, Salutations, saludos

I watched the pro LaVieEnRose make a nice grow out of Colombian x Jamaican (Col Jam) and after his smoke report I had to have some. I went to the site and there were none to be had, sold out. However, a nice person heard I was looking and gave me ten seeds he has. In exchange I have to give him something back in a personal deal that I will maintain private.

So far things have been going well. Originally I germinated 4 seeds. 3 of those germinated. I had them in the window getting indirect sunlight and supplemented with compact fluorescent (CFL). My pit bull puppy went nuts when we didn't take him with us. In a spoiled fit he tore up the plants that were in the window. One of my precious young Col Jam seedlings was uprooted and laying on the floor. I swept up all the soil and put it back in the cup and replanted the uprooted seedling. It was touch and go for that little seedling, but it made it. What I have is a stunted Col Jam now and I cannot wait to see how this turns out.

Here are the seedlings about 3 weeks ago

gallery_7799_3771_1655122.jpg

Here is the the poor little seedling about two weeks ago, about a week after the puppy lost his mind

gallery_7799_3814_660000.jpg

Okay now here is the poor little seedling last night. I have named this plant The Runt

gallery_7799_3819_1502560.jpggallery_7799_3819_1366948.jpg

Okay so there were two other plants that were planted at the same time. Here they are for reference. Actually these pictures are about a week ago and the plants are Much bigger than shown here. I have topped these these two plants already in anticipation of the sativa stretch.

gallery_7799_3814_195335.jpggallery_7799_3814_1314734.jpggallery_7799_3814_2822849.jpggallery_7799_3814_1716420.jpg

• Like 1

I'm psyched to see this play out Randude,cant wait to see what you do with these ladies...

Now this is a Col Jam thread like all the others, but I want to keep an eye on the runt. Stunting a sativa landrace as a seedling may be a good way to control it. My runt seedling is less than 10% of her siblings in growth but The Same Age. In fact I have delayed it's growing but could not delay it's age. It will begin to flower under 12-12 light once she reaches sexual maturity in about three weeks or so. The plant is 2 inches (50mm) high and three weeks old. In another three weeks she should be about 4 inches (100mm) high and should begin to flower. Everyone should watch this for reference on what happens.

I'm in.

Although surely a bad start in life is just going to inhibit this from acheiving maximum potential. Kind of like a baby being dropped hard on its head after birth, it will never be quite right again after, but we will see!

• Like 1

It's time for me to make some updated photos to this thread. I will try to do that this evening. The problem being that my two bigger Col Jams are integrated in the canopy of my Blue Dream at the moment, and total pain in the ass to get to. However, I am probably 3 weeks from these plants starting to flower and I need to get my clones soon. I need some help on missing information here. Since the Col Jam is a bit of a limited production strain I cannot seem to find out when the Col Jam first showed signs of sex. If I knew that I could focus on when it would be best to take clones. When I topped them I only took tiny cut and I smoked that cut to get a feel for the plant. Fact is I got a bit high off those top eary shoots of new growing leaves and to me that is a very good sign. If you catch a pick up buzz from leaves after smoking buds all day you may have a good strain growing. At any rate I will take the Col Jams out tonight and take a progress photo. If I have anything I can cut yet for clones I will.

Okay I am tardy on my photo update and will be on that straight away, on Saturday in the USA.

Growing a Sativa is a long boring process, especially in the vegging period. I am pacing myself through this.

Once we see sex on the plants things will start to get excitiing and I have not heard word from any of the experts on when exactly I should start to see it. I am currently feeling that I should see sex 2 months from the birth of a seedling. I am a month into it now.

The Runt that I showed above is currently under a skylight (window on my roof) and about 4 inches (100mm) tall and one month old. It is in a 2L pot so root growth is not a problem. It is just staying stubbornly stunted all on it's own from the root damage it sustained as a young seedling. It is a month old and getting weak solutions of AN Micro 4.0.0. At the rate it is going presently, something that can change at any time), it should only double it's heighth at best in the following 4 weeks. That would mean that it should go into flower at or about 8 inches or 200mm. Who knows if it will get some surge of energy and grow like mad, but currently it is just hanging in there. It gets light from the sun from the skylight and the household lighting in that space. I will put it in the flower room after sexing or once the other two that are in the flower room show sex. At this rate I am having a hard time seeing a clone coming off of this plant. Time will tell.

The other two Col Jams are in my flower room, in the middle of the canopy of my flowing Blue Dream (they are at two weeks of flowering and doing marvelously), I have to take the two Col Jams out of the flower room this weekend and take clones and generally inspect the plants. Right now I cannot even see them in the canopy (I have not tried that hard actually). Today is flower feeding day and I may take them out today. I don't know what the nutriet needs are for those plants without looking at them. With that said my canopy is a nice dark green and nothing stands out of an off color. It will be nice to be able to gets some clones from them started and get those two labeled.

Here are some up to date photos. These plants are about 3 weeks old.

gallery_7799_3819_470663.jpg

Here is the runt.

gallery_7799_3819_1717606.jpg

The two that were not stressed are growing like Colombians. I pinched the top early on and now it is splitting into side branches. Lanky Sativas.

looking good how big are they

Haha So I didn't measure their height. But, there is a 12 oz beer bottle next to them for reference. The two are about two Heiney bottles tall. I can see by the node spacing I am in for some work to manage these bad girls.

I have two new seeds sprouted, one of which is a tiny seedling now. I thought I better get some more started to have more choices down the road.

sorry i took a quick look didn't see it at first was looking at greenery.

even the runt looks like it pasted throught the shock. keep up the great work

I am not sure if it was mentioned or not, and I cannot suffer to read my own entire thread again. My plants have been under 12-12 lighting since the beginning. I have wrestled with the concept for years, and even wondered if a sativa is even photo sensitive in regard to maturing sexually. Would a sativa flower if kept in 24 hour lighting? I suppose there would be no sativa mother clones in existence if that were true, and we all know that there has to be mother sativas out there to continue a desirable pheno type. At any rate I have decided to keep my plants under flower lighting their entire lives, as per their normal environment.

As shown in the photos taken two days ago, two of my Col Jam are big enough and showing sufficient branching to take clones. My only hindrance thus far has been the materials to properly label the plants and new clones. As simple as this sounds, I require a method that is foolproof. I do not want to mix up the principals of such a rare selection. Rare in the avialability of these fine genetics and rare in regard to how many specimens that I have that live.

I received 10 seeds. I attempted to germinate 7. I currently have 4 plants living. I have the two bigger plants that I will name today and the one that has the name already runt. A new seedling that has recently broken ground has made the total 3. I have one germinated seed in the soil now that is stubborn to break ground. I am saving my remaining seeds as backup in the rare chance that of the 4 living they are all a single sex. And if my runt is female, which I really hope is true, she will not be likely getting any pollen. She will be an experiment of mine that prove invaluable to the marijuana community. If she becomes a manageable sativa in stunted stage I will consult with botanist on a safe and reliable method for stressing masses of seedlings for use as a crop of sativas under a manageable canopy.

So far I am very proud of my runt, although I would like to see some more growth. I suspect that my son, my young apprentice has been over watering the runt and we have had talks about that concept. I am of the school of letting a plant nearly wilt for lack of water before watering. I thought he was of the same school, but her pot has been heavy for a good week and it has been a cause for my concern. If this continues throughout today I will repot her in a same size pot with a generous helping of perlite. She lives well, but the pot is heavy and she has grown little. In my experiment I want the runt to be 1. a female, 2. one meter high 3. single cola. If she develops a few branches I will manage that in a way that I have yet to consider. Being a small yield species I may have to allow branching to have any bud at all. Managing multiple branching will be considered when flowering develops.

Of the two bigger plants, named Adam and Even we would hope to have one male and one female. I have a 1 inch (25mm) seedling coming up and if I get two male or two females of the two bigger plants it will be my salvation. In the odds of marijuana sexing it has been noted to be a 50:50 ratio. That is merely a statistic and anything can happen in nature. This mission is for the sake of seeds primarily, and a long term mission at that. I will use two of these plants for the purpose of seeds and the runt will be seedless. I would ask JahGreenLabel how many seeds I would expect to get out of a run like this. I believe I could get a ratio of some time on what to expect from a seasoned grower of the strain. I will also be pollinating some of my Blue Dream. In the next couple of years I expect to do a few projects crossing the Blue Dream with the Col Jam in several ways. This is a very exciting prospect to me and I plan to devote a lot of resources into the project. We are currently scouting locations in rural areas where we can have a green house. More on that later.

I know my selection of Col Jam is limited. It is my understanding that the seeds contain a wealth of genetic diversity that can be exploited. The seeds that I do produce will have the genetic background to coax any of the available pheno types. My background is electrical engineering. I mastered that many years ago and spread into machinery control and high tech methods of doing so. I can control massive, infinite amounts of power from this study. My hobby has been gardening since the beginning and I put the same level of study into that. I have learned that you cannot change nature, but to adapt to it. We are servants to our garden. We watch nature take her course and hurry to adapt.

Hello Sativa enthusiast. I am still here and still growing it. Not much of an update, but who knows what one may get from these slow updates.

gallery_7799_3814_1875624.jpg

The plants are 24 inches now, or a little under 50cm. Still un-sexed, I am in no hurry if you aren't.

Okay so in a few minutes something did change. I took clones off of the two branches that you see sort of twisted together in the photo. I did that to both plants.

When the plants were about 6 inches tall (150mm) I topped them. That caused the plants to grow two branches Today what I did was top those two branches. So I have four new cuttings.

gunna pull up a chair!!! i have been waiting to USC to restock his col seeds!!! so i ended up buying the double jam but havent yet popped any seeds!!! cant wait to see what you get going!!\

This grow is long and slow, so pace yourself. I have to as well

gunna pull up a chair!!! i have been waiting to USC to restock his col seeds!!! so i ended up buying the double jam but havent yet popped any seeds!!! cant wait to see what you get going!!\

ordered it too waiting for it

Well...I guess I haven't posted for a month on this thread... that is what it is like growing pure sativas. I wanted to wait for a development and there has been some.

1, The runt and the other two new seedlings are gone. I had a scare regarding plant numbers and had to make a decision. Enough said. So all I have growing are the first two seeds that I planted.

2. Of those two original seedlings that I planted two months ago I see sex in one of them, it is growing white hairs. They are scattered and sparse, but definitely a female. The other one hasn't done that yet and it is funny that I have usually seen Males show sex first. I think the odds are against me having a male but I have my fingers crossed. I wish this strain was more common and I could just ask a friend for some pollen. At any rate, if they both turn out to be female I will just have to plant some more seeds and wait another two months. This is why few people attempt to grow things like this. Hybrids are so much faster, fuller and predictable. I expect the weed will be awesome though, and I will treat it like an expensive bottle of Champagne,

So pictures say a thousand words and I haven't got any recent pictures yet. I will do that tomorrow. I am pretty loaded tonight smoking BHO on top of Blue Dream bubble hash, Trainwreck and some GS Cookies. I have been smoking all the hash and TW a lot lately and actually got higher smoking the cookies. I splurged and bought a couple grams of that tonight. It was sure worth it. We spent the day with the dogs cruising various parts of the Seattle waterfront, stopping to walk the dogs and getting things to eat.

gallery_7799_3814_14270.jpg

I am doing something like super cropping with the two original seed plants and I will show those in pictures tomorrow. Here are a couple clones I took off of them and I think these will be more fun to grow.

gallery_7799_3814_884072.jpg

• Like 1

Oh man I promised pictures... I had a great day with the gf and the dogs today and never got around to pictures. They are sleeping now on their 11 hour lighting schedule. Pictures tomorrow. Sunday

As Promised here are my photo updates.

Both my col jams are females and they have baby fever. I need some pollen and it will take two months to get some.

gallery_7799_3904_104416.jpg

I am supercroping these girls now instead of cutting them down. I just pinch the stem of a tall branch and bend it town.

gallery_7799_3904_1610035.jpggallery_7799_3904_1833070.jpg

My Col Jams have been abused. It is not on purpose of course. It is like they are some kind of trouble magnet. In this photo you can see that the girl had a fan fall on her and split way down. I didn't see it happen, I just seen it all apart and splitting down the middle. I took one of my trusty zip ties and pulled it together. This was a couple of weeks ago and the plant seems to be fine.

gallery_7799_3904_184095.jpg

gallery_7799_3904_1956777.jpg

Going to be huge beast :)

I had the same snap problem on one of my plant, but hte collar is to tight and almost graft in the trunk. Just take care to not overmoist this section.

I used my Canon Rebel with a 18-55mm lens. I am pretty certain that it was zoomed all the way to the 55 end of the scale.

Not the best equipment, but it will have to do until I get some more. I am actually trying to save for a new camera. It will be a Canon, (one of the higher end models) because I have a lot of good lenses for it. I should pony up for some macro equipment so I do not have to try so hard to come up with just acceptable photographs for these kinds of things.

Thanks for dropping by bro. I guess I may need to pop my last three beans to see if I can get a male. Such a long time to wait, but with three beans one of them has to be a male.

I think these females are going to be okay in my grow room. I have managed so far to stay ahead of it. If these plants tripled in size in the next 16 weeks it would be okay. I have room for that.

My girl friend thinks I am nuts growing these things. She is like most of society when it comes to that I guess. Most people haven't the patients to work a sativa. I just so miss that old high and LaVie reminded me of it in one of his writings where he shared a joint with some people he met walking his dog. I may just hoard the buds all to myself... I will break it out as a surprise treat and see what happens.

I guess we are in this until about late October early November.

• Like 1

nice save randude :smoke

Out of Likes, but thanks bro

gallery_7799_3814_4949447.jpg

My Col Jam ladies are flowering and I am in need of pollen. I can start my last three seeds in hopes for a male but that is two months from proving itself and getting some pollen from a friend would be faster. Seeds in November instead of seeds in February 2014 lol.

gallery_7799_3814_667926.jpg

I am pretty much bending All the branches down with a pinch to the stock, supercropping.

gallery_7799_3814_612037.jpggallery_7799_3814_1676062.jpggallery_7799_3814_381722.jpggallery_7799_3814_230098.jpg

Here are my two mothers of the two different seed plants. Maybe they will see some pollen in a few months.

gallery_7799_3814_1327156.jpggallery_7799_3814_544996.jpggallery_7799_3814_1906148.jpg

When you pinch a branch and bend it down it creates a tough knot or node. From here grows a tough big cola, or like an entirely new plant

gallery_7799_3814_38730.jpg

gallery_7799_3814_1380260.jpg

A new flowering clone. Hopefully these clones will be easier to manage than the seed plants from which they came. Sorry it is blurry, I had to use natural light from a skylight at perhaps the wrong time of day.

gallery_7799_3814_1287726.jpg

Group shot indoors

gallery_7799_3814_1603070.jpggallery_7799_3814_77001.jpggallery_7799_3814_158700.jpg

• Like 1