•           ai.php.gif

Heya :wave:

I have the honor of running some very special seeds gifted to me by mr LaVie. Merci beaucoup!

The first cross is an old Sannie freebee and a recent Esko special: { The One X Chronic X NYCD } x { Killa Kush X Amnesia Haze }

The second cross is some legit old school genetics: { Columbian X Jamaican } x Pakistan Chitral Kush

gallery_3438_3326_3828.jpg

I started 2 of each in wet coco and 48 hours later, had 100 % germ rates.

conv Lvr seeds 1

conv Lvr seeds 2

conv Lvr seeds 3

conv Lvr seeds 4

conv Lvr seeds 5

conv Lvr seeds 6

conv Lvr seeds 7

conv Lvr seeds 10

conv Lvr seeds 8

conv Lvr seeds 9

Within 24 hours of that first photo, the seeds had tap roots showing and were ready to go into cups

:verrygood can't do better then that!

• Like 3

thanks smokey. I hope I can keep this green streak going.

I spent a few hours in the room and can practically see them growing :)

wonderful genetics and a great match !!

it is great to see those grown out *yaay*

thanks for the show, samy and thank

you so much for making those, lavie :)

I wish you the best with this cross.

The TocnycD x KKxAH is a vigorous cross with nice perfume and big yeld who should be ready in 9 weeks, stretch x3. I have on at week 5/6, i'll try to make nice pictures. Seds are female.

The Coljam x PCK i have is a Coljam pheno, the other PCK phenos were all male, so big stretch and maybe around 12 to 14 weeks, so you'll see early by the leafs shape and the colored stem and broad leaf for PCK leaning, if you want to keep her or not, long sativa are not often like to be grown - The PCK pheno should be ready in 10 weeks, but i just had male for instance :)

Thx for showing :)

The One Haze is a good name, much better than [(The One x Chronic) x NYCD ] x [Killa Kush x Amnesia Haze] :lol:

i keep it ;)

wonderful genetics and a great match !!

it is great to see those grown out *yaay*

thanks for the show, samy and thank

you so much for making those, lavie :)

Hey San, nice to have you here. I don't know which cross I am most excited for, they both are great matches and very different.

hanging out with all those limited releases wasnt for nothing, if making all of us a little jealous, lol, laVie's seeds have been very fast to germ and vigorous. I am proud to show them here.

Damn this'll be good to watch, sounds like an awesome cross u made lavie.

I wish you the best with this cross.

The TocnycD x KKxAH is a vigorous cross with nice perfume and big yeld who should be ready in 9 weeks, stretch x3. I have on at week 5/6, i'll try to make nice pictures. Seds are female.

The Coljam x PCK i have is a Coljam pheno, the other PCK phenos were all male, so big stretch and maybe around 12 to 14 weeks, so you'll see early by the leafs shape and the colored stem and broad leaf for PCK leaning, if you want to keep her or not, long sativa are not often like to be grown - The PCK pheno should be ready in 10 weeks, but i just had male for instance :)

Thx for showing :)

The One Haze is a good name, much better than [(The One x Chronic) x NYCD ] x [Killa Kush x Amnesia Haze] :lol:

i keep it ;)

Thank you LaVie!

I remember you mentioned they were female seeds, but I did not write that down and was doubting myself when I started them, so thanks for confirming.

The more ladies the better! :icecream:

9-10 weeks flower time for The One Haze sounds perfect, she will fit right along side Sugar Punch and Mad Shack, those are 10 weeks and 2.5x and 2x stretch respectively.

The ColJam X PCK is going to be another deal. I read your threads and know the theory of how to keep a plant alive and happy that long, I've just never done it. 12 Weeks is the longest anything stayed in my ten, and that was not my best plant :whistle:

I will have to select early on for some less extreme sativa phenos, even though I would looove to grow them.

We'll see how it goes, but maybe I can clone a ColJam pheno and flower it as soon as it roots, and up pot once it doubles / triples in size.

Not the nicest thing to do, but the only way for me to make it work in my space.

I like the name too actually, and I feel like it's fair, not so much a stretch to call her a 'haze'.

Just need to think of something for the ColJam X PCK...

Damn this'll be good to watch, sounds like an awesome cross u made lavie.

Hey Wonton! welcome to my latest quest for a tasty, complex and fun sativa. :punk:

the ColJam x PCK I think is kind of special in that it's rare to see such legit, old school genetics that have been well breed so that's it's not wild, even if it can be a bit challenging for those of us accustomed to the super-hybrids that are much of the market.

Super-Hybrids like [(The One x Chronic) x NYCD ] x [Killa Kush x Amnesia Haze] which have genealogy trees composing of a dozen or so elite strains :showoff:

And if LaVie's photos are the reference, I better get ready for a wild fun ride. I literally can't wait to grow these. I'm thrilled to know that The One Haze is females only, more to select from :jump:

So some bad news... my most recent purchase, 2 bags of soil, were infested with gnats.

I just had started to us it 2 days earlier when I noticed bugs flying around the veg tent. I got a pit in my stomach, I just knew that my days of being blissfully bug free were over. 5 minutes later I assumed that the soil was the source and had to get rid of it before hundreds of flying fuckers emerged.

Of course I went in full terminator mode, but it was already 10 pm. I decided I had to be 100% sure of the soil being the source since I had a few plants already in it. I saw esko's post about testing soil and letting the larva float up in a cup of water. I did that and the bag of soil had the most by far, my seedlings had lots too, the Coco plants and moms very little.

I decided I would get rid of all of the soil, including the seedlings, maybe drastic, but paranoia was high and I could not afford to have the adult population go up and damage plants. I then sprayed all the remaining plants, walls, everything, with neem oil to control the few flying fucks. The next day, I went to buy Azamax and soaked each of my pots because overnight, the larva increased drastically in my moms and even a little in the coco plants.

So between Azamax for larvae and spraying with neem every 5 days for 3 weeks and spraying once with Azamax in the middle, I should kill them all. I hope.

So this is to say that the two The One haze and ColJamPCK are gone... :( But I have more seeds, so once this bug issue is cleared up, we will start again. This is just an interruption, we should be back in business within 2 weeks when I know for sure I'm clean.

Pesky little buggers aren't they. :no

For the first time in 3 years I have them too since buying new soil. What a pain. :verryangry:

Pesky little buggers aren't they. :no

For the first time in 3 years I have them too since buying new soil. What a pain. :verryangry:

Hopefully they are soon to be extinct buggers, as far as I am concerned anyways.

Its a horrible feeling knowing you're infested. I guess i will have to drench anything i ever bring in the room...

how are you treating it?

Yikes! Were those gnats or mites?

Gnats = not a big deal, IMO

Excited to see you grow these out, one way or another! :)

pretty sure gnats, is the treatment that different anyhow?

as long as they are all dead and dont screw my plants, really wanted to get the perpetual going strong.

i probably over reacted tossing the seedlings, but i would never have trusted 'em

as soon as the coast is clear, we'll go for it. no sense in sending seedlings into to bug hell

Spider mites are nasty business, but fungus gnats are pretty harmless in my experience. The gnats look like fruit flies. They can presumably do root damage, particularly to younger plants, but I've carried some pretty big populations at times without any discernible harm (besides for having to pick them off of buds during trim.) Just annoying, mostly.

The few times I've had spider mites I've noticed first from the damage they do to leaves, they are small and quite hard to see.

For gnat control I do a top-dressing of Neem seed meal/cake, covered over with mulch (I am using my aeration ammendment - parboiled rice hulls.) For mite infestations I use Neem sprays. Spinosad is another great thing to use, especially for thrips.

By the way, while I personally do not think sterilization is worthwhile for soil growing, you can always do it in the microwave or oven (before planting, of course.) I bet those gnat eggs wouldn't survive a zap in the microwave.

• Like 1

i dont own a microwave, and i imagine the girlfriend would be quite upset with me if I had 30 gallons of soil in the kitchen.

i know some bugs are more superficial pains in the ass, but i can't handle it knowing they are there. i wont have any compromise with them and will take a very serious approach to overal prevention and pre-treatment.

if I never have to deal with bugs in my room again, i dont think that makes any less of a grower. the best way to deal with bugs is to never deal with them again. that's my attitude right now. not meant to be aggressive towarda anyone ;)

neem is good stuff, i should get some meal with soil treatment... i need a whole range of bug fighting crap!

If u can get hold of them, nematodes are best at getting rid of gnats in my experience. Its their larvae that do most damage and thats what the nematodes target

• Like 1

C'est la vie, pas en rose, mais la vie tout de même :(

But you made a wise decision, you should kill then in the nest, otherwise you could be annoyed a bit like me in semi-perpetual grow, it is the plague to get ride totally.

As there is few types of nematodes, i'm a bit lost in the one to use for such gnats, if somebody know where some could be available in this part of world :)

thanks for the kind words everyone, this is just a quick reply from work... but what kind of nematodes?!? and they are the cool, no damage to me kind of bugs of course, right?

i know my azamax and neem doent play well with nematodes, it will kill them, so i will treat first and bring in troops if we need to go in an smoke em out, cave by cave, pot by pot !

• Like 1

Steinernema feltiae and Steinernema carpocapsae are the species in the packs I use

• Like 1

Hi friends,

TSB i hijack your topic for the record, i don't want to open a special thread.

([The One x Chronic ] x NYCD ) x (Killa Kush x Amnesia Haze) a.k.a. OneHAZE - Day 67 - Harvest time

gallery_992_3382_1154719.jpg

gallery_992_3382_187104.jpg

gallery_992_3382_56062.jpg

• Like 5

with updates like that, you can hijack all you want! lol

but this is a good place for this strain, why not.

perfect timing la vie, I could not wait for treatment number 3 against bugs, popped replacement beans last night!

2x The One Haze FEM

3x ColJam x PCK ( tentavely named Purple Jam since i will only select 'easy' phenos )

also popped a few more, but these will be logged in the regular thread:

1x Kolossus FEM

2x Chucky's Bride

2x Riri SourDiesel x Esko Blueberry

I'm back! and will update when things dont become bug bait.

• Like 1

tentavely named Purple Jam

Going, going, gone ! :)

Great name too, i know now who to call for labeling :)

Let's Go for Purple Jam, as 75% of the pheno turn purple, and the ColJam mother is Lambsbread dominant.

If you grant me to squat, here is some pictures of the Purple Jam i kept to work on. She is at Week 10, so let's say 15/16 weeks (you will not like that news). Still too long for mostly people, so i'm thinking about a PCK father backcross in da foot-shure :P

gallery_992_3601_696636.jpg

gallery_992_3601_996496.jpg

gallery_992_3601_269781.jpg

gallery_992_3601_223540.jpg

gallery_992_3601_684237.jpg

• Like 2

thanks, it takes me a while with names, a couple freebees I still have no name for...

lets make this the Color Jam and One Haze thread. I do plan on keeping updates regular as I am discovering these myself and having folks contribute will help as I learn the intricacies of longer flowring Sativas.

I think once I see 12 weeks and manage that without too much deficiencies, I will give the longer phenos a try. What sativa lover would refuse that chance?

That lady looks superb, 10 weeks already ( or is it only... perspective is different with these compares to hubrids )

Backcross huh? for sure the shorter flo is attractive, but what about the high? Dont want you to compromise a good electric high.