•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

GreenAngel

Your Tastiest Ganja Cuisine?

Hello fellow Opengrowers!

Cooking has always been my # 2 passion to # 1 passion of gardening, as they go well hand in hand.

Today, I have a question regarding medibles. What would be your personal, favorite food to mingle with cannabis in a dank tasting dish? I ask this, hoping someone will come through with some culinary inspiration. I would prefer the dish to not include sweets, cake and brownie mixes...no thanks lol....well, if it is a very nice desert, I might like to hear it :) I know the crowd here is an international one, and I would just love to try something new to my somewhat dulled down American tastes with hamburgers, biscuits and gravy, and steak haha :)

Pictures are most welcome, but not necessary, just a name of a dish that composes a symphony with our beloved ganja. Thanks in advance! Peace!

To give you an idea of what I like to eat, I prefer home cooked and authentic recipes. I never eat McDonald's. I have been cooking since I was 6 years old and was my job cooking for officers in the military for 7 years, among other kitchen roles up to running a professional kitchen that cooked meals for more than 300 officers, traveled and ate my way around much of the world, loving "foreign" food more than anything a chain restaurant, or food processing plant could produce. I lived in Italy for 2 years, so I developed a love for their cuisine and style of simplicity and healthy living. The food in France, Greece, Morocco, Mexico, Spain, and the spices and coffee of Turkey all impressed upon me very much. Thanks guys and gals!

i too am like u green, i love cooking, n gardening. animals mixed in there somewhere. my father would always season his jerk chicken with added leaves coated with thc. claims thats y everyone loves it so much. i have a vegatarian friend who just adds the coated leaves in with his salads and claims to feel something. something my father also does is an old jamaican kinda all purpose remedy potion. he would have a bottle of wrey n nephew (jamaican rum) uproot the plant when it was harvest time, chop from bottom leaving a lil stem and lots of roots. wash it off and stuff it in the rum bottle along with a lot of pimento seeds. let it sit for a few months and let marinate. that shit is extremely strong and i dont seen it heal the worst colds over night, sleep sweating profusely, if u have a pain, u rub it on the area, pain lessens.

• Like 3

GreenAngel. i could go off on the subject at length. what i will start you off with is stuffing and or gravy.

it is hard to make a savory dish that is more inundated, but mac and cheese works well too (using buddha milk and buddha butter).

with stuffing you can add raw leaf/trim/bud/shake AND buddha butter AND canna oil if you want to go triple threat.

that is why it would be hard to get more infused than this. if you make your own bread, you can even put canna oil in the bread, and use that for the stuffing. as for the gravy, buddha butter or canna oil would be the fat source. always cook these things on lower heats, as anything over 180 degrees starts to break down the molecules. i always love to make irie feasts for holidays using these methods.

also, consider a bit of canna olive oil for salad dressing, or dipping bread in. all quite wonderful savory methods of ingesting cannabis.

i also make an irie banana bread with buddha butter. i make it ital, i like it because it's not too sweet but you can fit a lot of buddha butter in there. as strong if not stronger than brownies.

enjoy!

• Like 1

Thanks guys! I will give some, if not all of these suggestions, if I have not already. I assume it is fine to put any ganja butter in place of regular butter, or any old fat in any food. At present, I am buzzin around on some ganja banana walnut bread, served warm with regular butter to cover up, what I find to be a slightly unpleasant flavor the ganja imparts into the food. The stuffing, I have tried that, very yummy, with gravy.

I have not yet tried, but will soon make use of my ice cream maker and make some medicated vanilla ice cream for strawberry shortcakes or milkshakes :) Ganja cinnamon rolls are bad ass, but again, I am looking for savory or spicy inspiration. Thanks again. Peace!

For me, I get sick of eating excessively sugary foods ie Rice Crispy Treats or Brownie type desert, or extremely rich chocolate is not to my liking. Peace. GA

OK Greenangel... i answered the question in your post, but not in your subject heading...

i will think on the TASTIEST... tough one.

in the mean time, since my other suggestions are familiar, i offer an old classic, the Leary Biscuit (invented by Timothy Leary)

you take a ritz or townhouse... whatever kind of cracker, or slice of bread. you add a piece of cheese. you grind a desired amount of bud on top of each appetizer. you toast/bake at no more than 180 deg. until cheese is melted. the oils in the cheese suck up the THC from the buds, and the weed becomes activated for consumption. simple, but classic. awesome too! i know sometimes you don't want to taste the ganga... this is for when you do. a real nice treat. simple. and VERY effective. obviously this same technique can be used with a pizza, but only if you pre-bake the crust. i make my crust with canna oil, and sometimes throw some trim in. and then you can put trim/bud in the sauce, assuming there is some oil/canna oil in there. i love italian dishes because you can layer it in. pie crust can use a lot of canna butter. try some savory pot pies with some buddha butter gravy. that'll get you soaring. i've also made some wicked medicated shepherd's pie: mashed potatoes can hold quite a bit of canna butter, and you can always throw some canna oil in there too.

i will think on the TASTIEST. i always have a problem with questions referring to the bestestest stuff... too many good things.

i made some chocolate banana canna ice cream: buttermilk style. was pretty damn good. heavy stone, because of the concentrated fats. sometimes it's nice to have a little something else in the stomach to help buffer and hold everything down, that's why the mac and cheese is good.

peace!!! and happy baking!

Thanks guys! I will give some, if not all of these suggestions, if I have not already. I assume it is fine to put any ganja butter in place of regular butter, or any old fat in any food. At present, I am buzzin around on some ganja banana walnut bread, served warm with regular butter to cover up, what I find to be a slightly unpleasant flavor the ganja imparts into the food. The stuffing, I have tried that, very yummy, with gravy.

I have not yet tried, but will soon make use of my ice cream maker and make some medicated vanilla ice cream for strawberry shortcakes or milkshakes :) Ganja cinnamon rolls are bad ass, but again, I am looking for savory or spicy inspiration. Thanks again. Peace!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, Midnight! I will give some of those ideas a try. I will hit the library soon and pour through some cook books for some more ideas. :) Happy growing! Peace.

Haven't cooked with cannabis for a long time but back in the day . . .

Spaghetti sauce is a good use of Mexican brick weed.

• Like 1

this looks like a fun and flexible recipe idea... Bar-B-cannabis sauce...

kind of sounds like something Stoner Barbie might create.

i wouldn't take it over 180º though, 200º seems a bit... uhhh.... HIGH. :smoke

http://www.hightimes...-cannabis-sauce

Cook Ashley Boudreaux devised this BBQ sauce recipe that's perfect for grilling out and getting stoned this Memorial Day. Simply smother any meat, vegetable, or tofu in it, then chow down and wait for the ganja-infused fireworks to follow!

Makes 2 cups

• ⅓ cup vegetable oil (not olive oil)
  • 10 grams commercial-grade cannabis (or 5 grams high-grade), finely ground
  • 3 tablespoons chopped green onion
  • Juice of 1 small lime 1 tablespoon water
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • ¾ cup tomato paste
  • 1 tablespoon minced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
  • ½ tablespoon chili powder
  • 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
  • ½ cup apricot nectar (you can substitute pineapple or mango juice)
  • ¼ cup water

In a Crock-Pot, combine oil, cannabis, green onion, lime juice, and water and cook at no more than 200°F for at least 90 minutes -- the "keep warm" setting will probably do the trick. Add apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic, dark brown sugar, chili powder, cayenne pepper, honey, ground ginger, apricot nectar, and water. Mix well, and simmer very gently on the medum setting for an additional 35 to 45 minutes while stirring occasionally.

Getting a good, solid stone takes no more than 3 to 4 tablespoons per person. Use it for basting, dipping, or as a condiment on burgers and other sandwiches. Refrigerate after use and it will keep for up to a week.

Recipe from Ashley Boudreaux

• Like 1

Thanks midnight! This is exactly what I was looking for, like this :) I grill, rain, snow, or shine! I am going to dig up some Tex Mex and Mexican cuisine to fuse with Cannabutter or Canna-Olive oil for healthier alternative. Then I will come back here to this thread and post my favorite recipes, at the top of the list. Peace!

GA

• Like 1

So far, my favorite cookie to make with ganja butter are Peanut Butter cookies. They do not taste too sweet. In fact, they are a little on the salty side but just right, I think. Instead of quarter cup butter, quarter cup shortening, I substituted those with my ganja butter. The rest of the recipe I follow like a science.

The peanut butter really covers up the ganja flavor well. I have used this recipe the most so far and I come back to it. Takes about 10 minutes to whip up the dough and 2 hours to chill in the fridge, but I tossed a tester cookie in the oven and it came out just fine, a little crumbly. Much easier to ingest these cookies imo than anything with chocolate, which is just too rich and sweet for my liking, and not the best choice if you are cooking for special diet.

1 cookie is doing me pretty good, occasionally with some trippy effects. For lightweights, I will recommend a half cookie. 2 would be beddy time and 3 cookies....wtf are you doing? Lol you won't remember if you do :)

I am still on the hunt for better and better recipes that include less and less sugar. Peace.

• Like 1

Getting to be butter-making time, up in here...

This is about 6 or 7 inches of pure Volcano grinds. Make no mistake, this butter will put some people in the zone, they will be blazed, pass out on a single cookie :) Also have a quarter pound of low quality bud, slightly immature that is. I had to chop due to move, floors got cold. Lesson learned ;) I will make some more butter with, combine the two, then clarify.

gallery_7829_3826_43470.jpg

Going to use some butter to make Ganja Banana Bread. Almost season for picking blackberries, which means...cobbler :) Updates to come! Peace.

• Like 1

Bran scones made with lard which enhances the effect.

Hiya! Thank you for the idea, always appreciated :) However, I cannot use lard in my cooking, as my girlfriend is % 95 vegetarian lol. Eggs are as meaty as she will eat. Perhaps, I will try without the lard. Peace.

so i came up with a good one. i made it veggie, but it doesn't have to be.

this is my new all time fave...

BAKED BBQ (faux)Chicken Pizza!!!

i made my variation of the BBQ sauce recipe from above, only i called it CHURCH sauce. since my most sacred herbs went in - one of which is the rasta weed, church.

i then cooked up some soy in the BBQ sauce to emulate the BBQ chicken. i pre-soaked it in sauce for maximum saturation. then i sauteed it gently.

the pizza was slathered in the Church Sauce.

then i proceeded to make my standard favorite BBQ chicken pizza:

red onions, some peppers, mozzerella, BBQ (faux) chicken, some garlic, some mushrooms, and some basil

fresh milled, stone ground wheat crust... inundated with canna oil.

you can top it with some fresh cracked pepper, some red pepper flake, and some blue cheese.

heavenly irie ites for the lovers of the savories and not the sweets.

a heavily STONED ground wheat BAKED BBQ chicken pizza.

the wife's new favorite!

should've taken pics... guess i'll have to make it again so i can.

there you have it my friend. my BEST ever recipe, just for you Green Angel!

i'm thinking you'll like this one.

happy BAKEing.

Not quite "cuisine" but I tried a method new to me this weekend with making brownies.

I sifted 10g of trichomes out of 40g of broken bud. I spread the trichomes on a cookie sheet and decarbed them at 225F for 25 minutes.

Then I added the trichomes to 1/2 cup (slightly over for heat loss) of canola oil and cooked that on super low for 1.5 hours.

Then I used that 1/2 of "cannola" with a box of pre-mixed brownie's and cooked them as directed.

10 min after eating a 2x2" square, I could feel my legs go rubbery. I have never, ever...ever been that rocked off of an edible before so I brought 2 pieces to work for a couple of mates to try. They both said that the high kicked in the fastest they've experienced and both said they were in bed 2 hours after eating them not because they were tired but from sheet panic haha.

I'll never make butter again.

Peace

RM

• Like 1