•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Smokey Pockets

Black Sabbath...who carries the torch?

..i´m not really a Metallica-Fan,but "Justice" is their only LP in my Collection...and their best Album ever,imho

..i´m not really a Metallica-Fan,but "Justice" is their only LP in my Collection...and their best Album ever,imho

This is a top shelf choice for vinyl!! headphones , a nice doober.....wow,doesnt get much better...Yeah Saxo

Cool story Smokey. Nice to get to know more about our OpenGrow friends. Good on the not drinking so much bit too. I can tell you from Past experience that alcohol has caused me a lot of problems. It is as bad as crack and I mean that.

Thanks Randude,and I agree ,booze is a lifewrecker....and it has billions of maketing dollars to keep it going...unreal . sorry for the downer folks....back to FUCKIN METAL!!

1989, best year for them, imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9MrLJDS8Mc

The late 80s were the best! Fickin Metallica concert in 88, and probably 10 times since all over the US. I dont care man, Metallica live is hard to beat...

But SLAYER is insane live! Its a culture. But with Lombardo out and now Hannemans death, it just aint the same. Plus, Kerry King, as much as I want to like him, is a prick.

• Like 4

Guest BrockSamson

check out Pelican, it's all instrumental (singing sucks- Fuck the World), except if its black sabbath, pantera, the doors or led zepplin, jimmy hendrix- or any blues artist.....well i guess singing aint bad.....but most of the time (mainly comtemporarily i GUESS) it sucks guc (ballsac-wasn't sure if there was an h in the guc {guch?} [guc?]) I didn't use those brackets correctly btw.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNZCuH-iYLo

-Listen to it all the way through it builds up to a good finish

holy effing stinkpack ... i totally forgot pantera ... hells yeah. "vulgar disply of power" is my favorite

album of them closely followed by "far beyond driven" (simpler, stronger, but very different to me).

also, the first machine head album smashed me and bands like suicidal tendencies and tool, the

dillinger escape plan and stuff like slayer and the haunted go right under my skin. but i listen to all

kinds of music.

the haunted - bury your dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrCL4fnFM_A&pxtry=1

carcass - no love lost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZgKASLpbfw

• Like 2

Gwar concerts fucking rule! Just don't go in something you plan on wearing ever again, it'll be totally ruined! Lol

• Like 1

You guys got this one? its an import here in the states,recorded live in 1980,past their peak,but its my favorite Sabbath album next to VOL IV gallery_8378_3815_1468862.jpg gallery_8378_3815_1924335.jpg

• Like 2

I can't believe I missed this thread.!

Apparently a lot of us have more in common than previously thought. :) Music is very important to me... good music, that is!

I am also in my 40's... turned 45 last July. I'm trying to go see Black Sabbath at the end of the month... probably in Devore, CA.

My first gig was Black Flag/ 7 Seconds/ TSOL... and my first concert was Led Zeppelin, although I don't remember it... I was like 2 or something.

I have listened to every band mentioned. Slayer, (old) Metallica, Pantera, Mastodon are just a few of my favorites. There is one band that I thought I would definitely see here, but didn't... Opeth. Opeth has been around close to twenty years and they are one of the best metal bands around... and they put on one helluva concert. I saw them at the Wiltern a few years ago. It was incredible... they may have even played longer than Tool usually does... now that's sayin' something!!

Guess I smoked too much Cataract Kush... didn't notice this thread was a idle for 2 months.

Someone read this thread today? Damn...well since Im bored nbjust re read the fuckin thing, heres whats goin down. Slipknot, Hellyeah, Rob Zombie, a few others coming soon. Just like u dudes love tool, and theyre in my collection, you can take any rob zombie cd n just crank that shit. All time for me is definitely Metallica with Pantera bein like their lil bros. But if you go guitar player, take Hendrix, VH, Page, Iommi, any of them...mash em into a ball...take the best of the best, and you end up with Dime. Bands ill give in n say others can be better. But crank any Pantera and Dimes country ass could make his piece of shit guitar make sounds Hendrix mighta been able to mimic. But no one else.

The best Metallica album ever for me, hands down, is Kill 'Em All. Just pure raw unpolished, unpretentious garage style speed metal. Dimebag? Yeah, I don't think there's anyway any guitar player can match him. I heard a rumor that Zakk Wylde was gonna replace him, and he MAY(big may) have been able to pull it off but I doubt it. Indi, you missed SRV in that list of great guitarists. Been jamming some Face to Face, FuManchu, and Lars and the Bastards at work today. Just went and saw slightly stoopid. Great show if you're into surf, stoner, reggae rock. But my roots always take me back to the late 80's GNR, pre black album Metallica, Deftones, and good solid punk. Unless of course I go with the likes of Hendrix, early stones, zepelin, etc. Or some ska, reggae, sublime type shit. And I'll even admit to some country in there. Fuck it's easier to just say I like just about all of it, except the Bieber, Miley, Gaga, Young whatever and lil dontgiveashit stuff.

I'll second Tool and the good reverend maynard... The thing is he mostly chills and grows wine grapes these days.

Wolfmother is legit.

Personally I'm more into eletric hard rock like Trent reznor and such, but Wolfmother is really Fing good. I think they are Kiwi's

Also if you like tool check out a perfect circle and pucifier... All maynard

Rob zombie... Dragula and living dead girl stand out to me out of his stuff.

Kasabian is a good mix, along with the newer smashing pumpkins as farad electro rock... Lorn as well... There is a sick Korn albumn that's all remixes that is legit... Same with Filter, Bush deconstructed albumn

Korn not Lorn damn auto correct

My ultimate band never really existed, it was a Maynard/Reznor and they never released the albumn, but most of the work they did together is on eMotive under A Perfect Circle. Reznor actually laid the beats down for the best song in that albumn, and that albumn is sick.

As far as good smoke music not mentioned elsewhere:

Slightly stoopid - good reggae

Sublime

Butthole Surfers - hard acid rock

I literally could talk music in almost any genre except country, although I love old school hill country bluegrass, shit is real and raw unlike "country"... Johnny Cash was the man and willie Nelson, other than that country isn't my thing. I love almost anything... Oh and if you don't mind very little lyrics and love the rock sound and electronic rock I forgot to mention Celldweller... If that guy only had the lyrical gift, there is little left to improve on from that guy.

• Like 1

I also love the early Sabbath,

Symptom Of The Universe was amazing to me at 5 years old

so my bro bought it for me - my first single/record.

Strangely for me I've got recommendation for a current band

just starting to make themselves noticed - they just won a battle to get to play at Bloodstock

Synaptik

They're kind of grind/thrash but the singer does actually sing, I don't know if they fit any genre.

But they're heavy and I definitely felt METAL at their set.

Someone mentioned Trent Reznor - I think 'Pretty Hate Machine' is great.

Next door have a cockerel, pisses me right off,

I found that Insect Warfare silences the little shit for a while, and I enjoy the violence of it if I'm wound up.

But if I'm honest the artist/group I have the most albums of is probably Elvis Costello.

Pass me coat… it's the one with gob all over it.

If you are into this kinda music,what do you think? I am talking about Ozzy era...good solid,heavy ROCK & ROLL... No corpse paint or cookie monster vocals,I don't care about some extreme black metal nonsense... I say Sweden's Graveyard is the answer http://youtu.be/He1HViDKWdg

Here is another clip of them from the same show,these guys are the real deal....just check out the sound that the drummer gets out of that lil jazz kit! http://youtu.be/2UiuN5TXbrs

Man, how can you compare any band to the Sabs? You can't even compare their own band to themselves they had so many line up changes. Gillan FFS? Dio was the better half of it all.

Anyway, have you seen this site called Six Degrees of Black Sabbath: http://static.echone...OfBlackSabbath/ ?

Quite a fun and informative site to see who played with who and when, who knew who, kind of thing.

I'll give you an example, it's really amazing how they do this, Here is Accept (German Rock Band) with Scorpions (German Rock Band):

http://static.echone...25&dest_id=1605

Crazy isn't it? Just fill in your own bands you like.

Here is Black Sabbath to Bonnie Tyler:

http://static.echonest.com/SixDegreesOfBlackSabbath/?src_id=1419&dest_id=9213

Here is Black Sabbath to The Beatles:

http://static.echonest.com/SixDegreesOfBlackSabbath/?src_id=1419&dest_id=303

was rockin out to Dio followed by Willie Nelson followed by Avenged Sevenfold on the way 2 work

Dont mess with Sabbath!

Dio is missed dearly. My all time favorite band is Iron Maiden! Though I rarely listen to this style of music these days.

would never dis Sabbath- was actually listening to "War Pigs" (with Ozzy of course) on a local radio staion bout an hour ago.

Black label motorcycle club is good too. Different than sabbath but still good.

I dont think they have song I dont like.

Black Label Society -with Zack Wilde immediately came to mind.