•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Dr Don Bonez

the docs aerogarden

Greetings og

After a long unanticipated break, I have whipped out the aerogarden once again. I will only running one system for now with multiple strains including:

Killing fields f3

Jackberry

Tahoe og

Og 18

8 holy princess x (ah x g13)

Kf f3 x cbh

All seeds were germed in clone collars and are mixed in the system. Some like the Kf can be distinguished by the stem smell, others, we will have to wait lol. Currently in Veg for one more week, possibly two. Been in true Veg for around 10 days. Using a 600w dual SPEC with atami nutes. Pics to follow soon and Thanks for tuning in :)

:popcorn: Got my seat front row! I have an Og 18 just put into flower....first time to grow any Og's and I got the #18 as a freebie with a Skywalker Kush order. Since I'm a few weeks a head of you, I will post up pics as the #18 kicks into flower. The Skywalkers are 4 weeks in flower and actually more impressive than I expected.....I just wanted to see what all the Og hype was about......which according to what I read on Open Grow I'm probably too late. Looking forward to your grow!!

Peace BQ

hey doc! glad you are back dude,i thought we was missing a canna-jesus recently. lol

nice little lineup there. should be interesting how the different strains all compare in the aero. grabbing a seat , looking forward to learning something too.

@ baqualin - i've never tried Og18, and half the OGs and Kushes are hype... but everyone should try some good cali style kush at least once. it's still a unique flavor and smell... and if you find something very special, the high is superb. yield is probably the reason the original clone is gone by now, once you smoke it, you'll see. just never yields that well that you could keep uourself stocked, much less others. easily the strain who's jar you will empty first and very fast.

/ end kush talk

should be worth a shot, I've put a few plants in 1 pot and treat them as 1, save you a little space for selection and you can still run something you have experience with.

• Like 1

Thanks thesamyboy,

So far I'm really impressed with the Skywalker...it's exploded out of the pot and is not Mazar like some people say....it stretched like a MoFuker and is full of buds...I will post up some pic's of them in a couple of days a long with the others (Stacked Kush, Sour Kush (RP), OG # 18) so you all can take a look and tell me what you think....plus give everyone a chance to see and comment on RP's & DNA's OG's.

Peace & Thanks!

BQ

PS

First and only run of OG's to see what they're all about....with that said if the Skywalker & the Stacked Kush turn out as good as they look I will keep and run for a while.....until Esko & Dr. P's stuff fill up my room & run them out. HAHAHA!

just for clarity's sake, skywalker is Blurberry x Mazar, this is a dutch strain. Skywalker Og is one of the more popular OG Kush clones along with Larry OG, SFV cut and a handful of others i forget right now, these are clone only, originally from California.

I smoke, run constantly and have a mom of KO Kush F4 that I love. Great stone, easy to grow... ect. The flavor is just not 'kush'. Strong coffee flavor and very smooth taste all the way through... makes sense with the Heri in there. Eventually though, I will grab some OG clones from the club to do a comparrison for myself.

Hey thesamyboy, The Skywalker Kush I have is from Reserva Privada (DNA) and they claim their Skywalker Kush (FEM) is the clone only Skywalker X with OG #18 and not Mazar...I will post up pictures of the 2 phenos I have in a little bit and you all can tell me...I will start a new topic and get it off here so not to take away from Doc's Grow.

Peace,

BQ

PS

Love KO Kush, one of my favorites.....the silky look and feel to the buds are crazy and the pheno I'm working with has the strong coffee with a light hint of dark chocolate....still have 5 more to crack. I also received the last of the JB X KO as a freebie....cracked and pumped to grow these.....we will follow them along with a Chocolate Rain run!

@the same boy, thank you, its good to be back

@baqualin, hi, my first try of og 18. i tried dinafems once :wacko: my smiley says all lol

update time with pics

i had suffered from root rot as i was gonna keep it all chems, no organics, but after the heat we are getting in our side of the world, things went bad quick. i decided to invest in some microbes and it was the best step i could have ever made. i will show the progress from that period till now at 7 days of 12/12. i recommend all hydro growers to inve3st in some bennies :).

this is all from seed germed in no media placed straight in clone collars, males have been removed, females relocated etc. heres the pics in chronological order of recovery

gallery_7061_2906_392640.jpggallery_7061_2906_400484.jpggallery_7061_2906_89965.jpggallery_7061_2906_571566.jpggallery_7061_2906_725488.jpggallery_7061_2906_863191.jpggallery_7061_2906_381951.jpggallery_7061_2906_881656.jpggallery_7061_2906_951936.jpggallery_7061_2906_144497.jpggallery_7061_2906_559660.jpggallery_7061_2906_593775.jpggallery_7061_2906_528604.jpggallery_7061_2906_1010346.jpggallery_7061_2906_488264.jpggallery_7061_2906_668134.jpggallery_7061_2906_640107.jpggallery_7061_2906_233479.jpggallery_7061_2906_185589.jpg

as you can see the roots have improved dramatically all down to the microbes added. no need for tea. its a long process while the ladies suffer for it to prepare. i just added the recommended dosage ang added an extra water pump in the rez to keep the water in motion then enzymes to convert the dead roots floating in rez. the brown roots on the plants started to grow fuzzy white tips. dead roots still attatched to the plant can be revitalised. the do not require removal or cutting off. well at least for me anyway lol :). updates soon. questions and info is welcome

a humbled doc :)

• Like 7

ps soz i never took pic of the actual rot just the recovery, but im sure all hydro growers kno the nasty brown translucent colour the sick roots become lol :)

Nice setup there! I am paying attention lol. Good luck with the grow. Peace.

but im sure all hydro growers kno the nasty brown translucent colour the sick roots become lol :)

yes indeed, been there and do that. Your plants are looking Great Doc. wishing you a safe passage from now till harvest :tu

very nice strain lineup.. :popcorn:

very nice turnaround indeed

in %, how much of the res ic occupied by roots and how full do you expect things to get? I'm limited to some soil & coco knowledge, so if my question isn't exactly in context, feel free to redirect ;) I'm curious and love to hear the why and what behind a system.

:tu

Hi

Thanks everyone :). The kind words are uplifting and motivation.

@ tsb, the roots have their own growspace seperate to the main rez and will fill quickly. Eventually they will try to occupy the main rez. I suspect this run is gonna be huge judging by some of the ladies :)

Good vybes, Dr db

hi all. update time. most are in flo strong. the most extreme sativas are just producing pistils. some are huge like a lone blue lemon thai and others like the og show small flowers. I will not run this og again lol. I will show pics of the progress now.

a big cheesy stinky lady. I hope for around 3 oz of hergallery_7061_2906_1174546.jpg

this next lady is straight grapefruity pineapple dankness. I estimate around 4 oz hopefully :). this seed came off the holy princess x (ah x g13). the cross was an accident from my (ah x g13) going hermy with a friend and hitting up all the clones in the tent. very baaaad, but it had its good pointsgallery_7061_2906_552729.jpggallery_7061_2906_882805.jpg

next up is a purple girl. dull smells. kinda metallic and like chocolate. colours in person are strong. I enjoy watching purple weed grow lol. not the best pic, but....gallery_7061_2906_632134.jpg

here is the blue lemon thai. smells very devine. huge sativa structure. cant really judge weight as its a whispyish plantgallery_7061_2906_701214.jpg

a very huge and very extreme sativa next. cheesy aromas. absolutely huge but just starting to make flowers after all this time. wtf loolgallery_7061_2906_962908.jpg

group shotgallery_7061_2906_642009.jpg

roots made it into the rezgallery_7061_2906_366989.jpg

water is a lil murky from a booster I use. here is the main root zonegallery_7061_2906_586910.jpg

best wishes og

• Like 2

thank you robogrow. next time tho I will decrease plant count for this type of system. there are 11 in there, but its a bit crowded in some spots and they get absolutely huge in the aero setup :)

• Like 1

Wow :jump:!

Wonderful grow Dr Bonez, thank you for sharing it. Respect to getting the roots so healthy! What product do you use to add the microbes to the system? It has worked very well!

Thank you swazigh.

The microbes I use a vitalink biopac and bioplus. They need to be used in conjunction with each other for full microbes action.

Hi og

Have just cut 3 very ripe ladies and I'm smoking the scissor hash :). The harvest will be staggered as some are very sativa.

I have harvested holy princess x (ahxg13), a cheesy girl and what I thought was blue lemon thai, but actually smells like ah x g13 so i think the extreme saliva in the tent is blt and the harvested girl is the hpxahg13.

Tomorrow I will try to source dry ice for trim extraction as water wastes waaaaay too much trichs.

Pics in a lil while. I'm too high lol :)

Hi og

So sorry to not post pics yet. I've been high lol. I will put couple pics up tonight 100%.

I ended up taking it all down 10 days ago. They got too heavy and 30% of colas had snapped and were hanging over the system. The broken branches pulled down other branches and it was quite a mess of tasty herb lol. The aero systems arent great at holding up huge plants in a 2" net pot lol :).

The trouble started when I harvested the three ripe girls, they were supports for other plants, and when they went, colas fell like asteroids.

Anyway I have germ new seeds and will be doing a sannie run with Jackberry, Kf fem, kfxkatsu, kfxcbh plus couple extras, Shiva haze, blue dream.

Pics in a lil while

sweet looking buds Dr Don, as a fellow once said...something is better than nothing..Even if taken early you will have some nice smoke and there is plenty of sugar on those buds :wave:

Dr Don I'm looking to use bennies in my rdwc set up for the first time ,have been using cannazyme but just ordered a litre of biopac

Does the biopac make a mess ,was thinking it must be pretty soluble if you are using with misters and is it ok to mix with zyme also is the smell really bad .

Any tips greatly appreciated as I am about to flower six shackzillas .

Forgot to mention did you find you ppms needed lowered with the biopac due to easier feeding of the roots with the bennies.

Thanks in advance .