•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

barney

White specks on my leaves ?

I looked with a loop and I think there is a bug doing this.gallery_7552_3767_4093767.jpg

I'd say you have a full blown spider-mite infestation. ButchBB

Now I looked with a 420 scope and one of them walked through the frame. The white spots look like dead leaf not like fungus.

Is it getting a little hot in the grow room? Do you see webs on the lower parts of the plant? I wish you the best in destroying those little jerks. Peace.

gallery_6278_2645_2605.gif

I've had them, I hate them. If you have them them you brought them into your grow area.

gallery_6278_2645_28993.jpg

I had to take everything out and spray the room top to bottom.with 10% bleach water, lights and all need to be cleaned as well as the outside area. When dry, I used some Dr Doom fogger, after that another round of 10% bleach water.

check your habits. only go to your grow area when you know you are clean

DO NOT GO INTO YOUR GROW AREA:

...after being out side around other plants

...after mowing the yard

...with some gifted clones or equipment

and when in doubt, go change clothes

mites are airborne critters that lay many eggs and getting rid of them was a challenge for me. Once you have a large population, like my picture above, it is almost useless to salvage the current grow.

I use Neem oil and Floramite http://www.texashydroponics.com/shop/product.php?productid=3256&cat=107&page=1 on my outdoor plants in veg. The Floramite is pricy, but it is the best that I've used.

good luck buddy

p.s. when smoking mite buds, there is a lot of snap, crackle and pop lol

• Like 2

Thanks GA. I do not see any webs yet. Thanks Robo, good info. I just read the other thread on mites in here. The Bird # 2 is most affected but it is being harvested tomorrow. It sounds like You think the buds will be ok? Will I need to do any special drying? My new seedlings are from else ware. Can they be saved?gallery_7552_3767_9313168.jpg

Mites for sure.

Pets are a good way of getting mites too ;) especially cats allowed in your grow.

Their a bugger to get rid off but it's possible if caught early....but can take time.

Best sure fire way to get rid is throw the lot if your can bare to do it. Cleans your grow room to a silly degree and start again. Extreme I know but the only 100% method.

Seen folks have issues with these grow after grow after grow if not done right.

Good luck

Grtz HC

the plants harvested tomorrow will just have some snap, crackle and pop.

the seedlings will need to be washed off with some cold water, top and bottom of the leaves, and maybe some light amount of dishwater soap in a small hand sprayer to make sure the eggs do not hatch (every 4-5 days ) maybe 2-3 times.

I would transplant them, but that's just me

I had a minor mite problem. I alternated Azamax and Neem oil treatments and never saw those buggers again. I have only 1 visitor I ever allow in the garden space, out of fear of contracting pests and disease. Hope the mites piss off lol. Peace.

omg second picture, this is one of best massive infestation pictures. I would just take few liters of gasoline and burn it all.

you have to know their eggs are all over grow equipment, inside ur fans, inside ur filters, inside ur box. You have to stop your growing project and clean hard all your equipment that can be cleaned and throw away old dusty pieces that you cannot open and clean.

Neem oil will not help lol it will only slow them down. There are hard chemicals that can kill those but they are advised only in vegetation !

i know for top two hard chemicals one is designed to kill adult ones and one is for eggs and babies, you need two since they change their biology while growing up.

thats why every grow starts first with sterilization, disinfestation and disinfection. And people should care about that thru entire grow.

Good luck fighting them : )

I hate the little fuckers. Thats why after every crop I drop p bombs, 3 days apart 3x.

Neem works by coating the exoskeleton. This prevents them from molting, which prevents them from laying eggs. They can grow from a hatchling to egg layers in 5-7 days depending on temps and rh. Thats why you must treat them every 3-4 days. It is also a good idea to alternate treatments, as they will build an immunity to any one type of treatment really fast.

Good luck

• Like 1

Thanks guys! The bird is down and the CJU will come down tomorrow. The rest will move to flower in the veg cab. I will strip & clean the room. Spinosad and Pyrethrum sounds good Rev. I will have to look up the Spinosad. Mighty Wash - NPK industries was in the other thread and looks good.

Hey Shiskaberry, I bookmarked the page and would like to hear more details regarding Liquid Ladybug before I buy....I use Pyrethrins and Aza Max successfully, but this shit sounds to good to be true....anyone else here that has used this please chime in..... I hate Fuking Mites!!

BQ

Last winters run I had mites to the point of webs being built ! 3 treatments over 5 days no more mites! I sprayed the plants and used a scope watching them die just like in the video ! It's a peppermint based organic I did spray full blooming plants with no ill effects in taste ! Shiska

Last winters run I had mites to the point of webs being built ! 3 treatments over 5 days no more mites! I sprayed the plants and used a scope watching them die just like in the video ! It's a peppermint based organic I did spray full blooming plants with no ill effects in taste ! Shiska

Wow this looks too good to be true. Great we have a member to provide this. Mites are a total drag.

How much did this stuff cost?

I can vouch for Azamax. I haven't had spiders, but it does kill bugs effectively without damaging plants in my experience.

It is one of the more expensive products for sure but it's not spinosad or pyrethrum based as far as I know, so that's another chemical to alternate with if needed...

• Like 1

Doktor Doom DDTRF5-1/2OZ 5-1/2-Ounce total Release Fogger, transparent-pixel._V386942464_.gif

NPK Industries / Mighty Wash (1 Liter) / The Spider Mite Solution

by NPK Industries , transparent-pixel._V386942464_.gif

General Hydroponics General Hydroponics GH2045 4-Ounce AzaMax, transparent-pixel._V386942464_.gif

transparent-pixel._V386942464_.gif

Maverick Sun LLB32OZ Liquid Lady Bug Spray Bottle, 32 Ounce, The CJU came down today. I went to Lowes and got concentrated neem oil and organic insecticide soap in a spray bottle. The young plants got a good soak with the soap spray. Amazon has those links, I might get them all. transparent-pixel._V386942464_.gif

Monterey LG6135 Garden Insect Spray Contains Spinosad, 32-Ounce

I use the Dr Doom and Monteray....not that I get a lot of infestations, but I've never had one that forced me to stop, drop and shut down shop :)

• Like 1

Cool I'll give it a try...Amazon has it for $28 & free shipping....I will continue to use pyrethrins and Azamax, but it would be nice to have a 3rd that you could use during bloom.

Peace,

BQ

• Like 1

It has been two months now and I have not had any mites return to my grow room. I had a few young plants then that were treated with soap then azamax then mighty wash then azamax again. applications were about 3 days apart. The mighty wash comes ready to use and I used the whole quart letting overspray coat the walls and soak the soil. I got the Monterey as backup but have not had to use it. Once again thank You guys for the help. I must try to keep myself from letting them in my grow room again.

• Like 2