•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Misterdirt

Anyone tried Peak Seeds BC?

High OG!

I've spent my rookie growing year(2014) growing *almost* exclusively PeakseedsBC strains. So far I've grown 6 strains from PSBC and it has all been "fire" "dank" "top shelf" "insert your local slang for really good herb here". Northernberry, Northern Skunk, Skunk Berry twice, Northern Lights, Sweet Skunk and Kush x NL. I am particularly fond of the Skunk Berry and Sweet Skunk. The Sweet Skunk has a wonderful very functional daytime high that I am not used to and is absolutely covered in resin glands.

It appears to me as though most of PeakseedsBC breeding has been geared more towards overall effects, resin production and potency as opposed to having complex terpene profiles(smells and flavors) however this could be attributed to my environmental conditions and amateur growing methods. I cannot say for sure although the 2 ladies I grew from other breeders alongside PSBC plants were very "loud" in comparison.

Here are some of the best photo's I have captured of the dried flowers. Cheers!

Kush x Northern Lights

gallery_12328_4840_2578901.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_3605434.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_70642.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_406331.jpg

Sweet Skunk x Blueberry

gallery_12328_4840_1340169.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_1523522.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_35742.jpg

Sweet Skunk

gallery_12328_4840_4041680.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_3676529.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_243844.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_2984307.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_4180199.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_2894508.jpg

gallery_12328_4840_1133044.jpg

• Like 11

Hey Brother,

I agree. I got some good scents from Northern Skunk, but they are not the show-stopper type scents that you get from Esko or ProfP. A solid 8 out of ten in potency.

• Like 4

Hey Brother,

I agree. I got some good scents from Northern Skunk, but they are not the show-stopper type scents that you get from Esko or ProfP. A solid 8 out of ten in potency.

Cheers. I will be throwing a bunch of Dynasty into the mix amongst my PeakseedsBC this year. I nabbed 10 packs of PeakseedsBC and 8 Packs of Dynasty seeds last month along with a few other gems.

I also have some C99 and Sweet Skunk x C99 on the go from PSBC. Pictures of those to come in the future.

I'd be interested in the SS x C99. That would probably be a rather 'up' high.

• Like 1

yes why don't i see that strain on his site?

I'm not 100% sure why the c99 and crosses are not listed. Best bet is to shoot him an email and make an inquiry. Over the past year he's been very friendly and answered all of my questions.

From what I understand he has been working on the C99 for a while but the SS x C99 is new. The story of how he obtained the c99 can be found on the TY forums. He told me he has added 3 generations onto the C99 since receiving the Frost Bros C99(Bros Grimm f4), which would make them f7's. The uniformity is stunning.

wow, you can clearly see the bb and the kush in there, verrry nice :)

i have some kush x nl, that i recieved as freebies

and am all the more stoked about them now *woot*

thank you, medi for showing us these (sadly) rather unknown gems B)

• Like 2

you are welcome santero, its my pleasure to grow them

thanks for having a look

here is some kush x nl in flower week 4 or so (kush pheno) (front left and back right) northernskunk (SS pheno tall girl)

gallery_9702_4743_1727164.jpg

• Like 6

I think Brother Urb is making a good observation re: smells. The Skunkberry had a definite blueberry smell for me, but not super strong. Sweet Skunk, a pleasant, not real skunky smell. The exception is the C99, which has a straight pineapple pheno consistent with the reputation of C99, and consistent with eskobar-level smell (and esko uses a lot of C99). I made my own C99-Sweet Skunk cross, and the pineapple comes through there, definitely, but more faintly. Northern Lights, is supposed to be a low odor strain, so you can scratch that one. I failed on the Blueberry, so I can't talk about that one.

Two other areas where PSBC excells is 1. ease of growth (except maybe Blueberry), 2. solid yield. It seems like real functional weed that would work well in a commercial grow. This may be related to the fact that his strains are more from the 80's Reagan drug war years. It seems like nowadays, people will grow lower yielding, lower potency, harder-to-grow strains just to get some smell/flavor, stuff that would not fly in a super-illegal environment.

• Like 1

How was that C99 x Sweet Skunk cross? I'm thinking it could have some rocket fuel to it.

• Like 1

I,ve been growing only few years, all "commercial" seeds I ever grown came from Peak and Sanny. Peak,s "best" was C99 although it is not listed, got it as freebie. In my humble opinion Peaks strains are more leaning toward indicas, comparing to roaring potent top Sannie's sativas. Also generally Sannies strains came out more potent than Peak,s. However Peak's customer service is just as good as Sannies.

• Like 1

I looked at 'em, thing is, if I'm sending cash in the mail anyway I'd rather send it to Sannie, besides, with the 20% discount everything in the shop except some of sannies more expensive gear costs less what I'd get at peak seeds, even with Peak Seeds free shipping.

Stay Safe.

BalzOut

• Like 3

It's hard to get a better deal on seeds than through Sannie, especially now with Euro being so low. I might just have to make another order.

• Like 2

How was that C99 x Sweet Skunk cross? I'm thinking it could have some rocket fuel to it.

They are just finishing up. I won't know for a few weeks yet but I'll definitely leave a detailed report. :D

I looked at 'em, thing is, if I'm sending cash in the mail anyway I'd rather send it to Sannie, besides, with the 20% discount everything in the shop except some of sannies more expensive gear costs less what I'd get at peak seeds, even with Peak Seeds free shipping.

Stay Safe.

BalzOut

For Canadians we also have the option of paying by interac e transfer (EMT) when ordering from Peak. Very convenient for me and one of my original deciding factors to go with peak for my rookie year. Cuts the shipping time in half too if you're imaptient. :D

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sannie's Shop and PeakseedsBC are both great. They all seem to be on a similar level. Quality genetics, quality service, under hyped with no fancy packaging or advertising. I could care less for fancy packaging and advertisements or a little card with a picture and very basic information. I just want quality herbs with irie vibes. In fact, PeakseedsBC seems like it would fit in perfectly in Sannie's Shop.

For me, as a Canadian, each have their bonus reasons to order from.

Peakseeds gives me a deal I can't get anywhere else. He hooks me up fat for buying in bulk(prices are negotiable as stated on the website). He also hooks me up because I correspond with him regularly and give him feedback and details on my experiences growing his strains. I show a ton of interest and ask him a ton of questions. This is super cool to be able to "work with" the breeder in that aspect and be able to give and get feedback. I don't know if I could get that from any breeders at Sannie's or any other breeders at all for that matter. I also post nice pictures of his plants and buds around the web. For these reasons he is very appreciative and he sure shows it. Free shipping and the fact I can pay by interac e transfer and no international borders is a big bonus.

Sannie's on the other hand has the best prices anywhere on the web. Straight up. Can't beat it with that 20% discount. Not to mention an AMAZING selection that could keep one busy for a couple decades to a lifetime. I have yet to grow any of my purchases out(8 packs of Dyansty gear wooohoooo!) but reports around the web are very positive, just like peak. I won't be afraid to dedicate a large portion of the garden for the test run of Dynasty. It seems all the breeders here are the real deal. Quick and inexpensive shipping is also a nice bonus, I just wish I didn't have to risk cash in the mail but hey, most of us are gamblers in a sense anyways right?

Much love for PeakseedsBC. IRIE vibes for sure. A couple PeakseedsBC strains will always have a place in my garden and in my heart, but in 2015 I will be introducing much Dynasty and Bodhi to the lineup. I'm also hoping to get some Sannie's,E$ko and Greenpoint in there along with a few others at some point. Damn such a small grow space, so many strains/breeders.

Much love for Sannie for bringing such a wonderful selection of offerings to us at amazing customer friendly prices! Really enjoying this community as well.

Cheers!

not saying I won't shop at Peak Seeds, they're local and they've got a couple strains I'd like to try, sannie on the other hand has several and I'd like to get as many as I can while the discount is on.

wouldn't mind some more freebies too :)

might buy a couple mixed packs from PS, plant 'em outdoors this summer to sex 'em and take cuttings to graft on to my mother plant, got a couple dozen malberry seeds I could do as well, only having 5 plants makes pheno hunting a pain.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

not saying I won't shop at Peak Seeds, they're local and they've got a couple strains I'd like to try, sannie on the other hand has several and I'd like to get as many as I can while the discount is on.

wouldn't mind some more freebies too :)

Dang now why'd you have to go and say that! There's a few things at Sannie's I have in my wish list which I'm going to have to send away for.

I thought the 20% off was a regular all the time thing being new to Sannie's.

Cheers!

Well, cash is in the mail to Sannie's for a few packs of Killing Fields. I couldn't resist.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tons of pictures of harvest to come soon. C99, SS x C99, Northern Skunk and Northern Berry