•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

DesertGrown

What is Canada thinking?!

Canada is going to go through some drastic medical marijuana changes in 2014. Another Government that 'really cares' about it's sick/ill citizens.

Check this out...

http://metronews.ca/news/canada/701018/growing-medical-marijuana-at-home-to-be-illegal-in-2014-health-canada/

What is Canada thinking? That emurphy character in the comments answers your question.

That emurphy guy is a douche bag. A pot troll. A negative, disagreeable person... no use for people like that. Not all lung cancer is from smoking.

Canada is going to make their country like most states in the US that don't have MMJ laws. Good people growing their own medicine will become criminals in the eyes of the law and a lot of cannabis patients will end up going to jail... needlessly. Not everyone can/will be able to afford high cannabis prices at dispensaries.

This will be a lose/lose situation for all.

I guess a Canadian should chime in.

This is how the Harper government rolls. He is horny for corporate money, in large volumes so he wants companies to produce large volumes so he can tax the shit out of them directly.

On the bright side, anyone will be able to get a med card in Canada.

I lose my right to grow when the new law takes affect, trust me...I'm morally crushed.

RM

None of this applies to me, as I am a recreational user, so I'll just keep growing, and occasionally support illegal grow-for-profit (aren't they all?) operations.

My words to my government would be "go fuck yourself, and the horse you rode in on"

Talk about a monopoly, here it comes. This is where the push for legalizing marijuana strictly from a medical standpoint has gotten us.

Excellent.

Time to stock up on seeds, because you know they'll be putting the clamps to places like Hemp Depot next.

I'll remain illegal, thank you.

• Like 3

As far as the Liberal government using cannabis as an angle to get votes, it's a failure before it starts because the only people who vote in numbers here are the 50 and up crowd....not into seeing cannabis legalized.

That survey is not a glimmer of hope unfortunately to anyone with a realistic outlook.

It is a pity, but about the same here, if your ask the people, most of them is against legalization (around 60%) ... Reefer Madness still alive ...

As a Canadian citizen and legal med grower, all I can say about our government is "Adolf Harper is a fuckin weed nazi and needs to be voted out no matter what!"

I'm a voter over the 50 year mark by quite a bit and many of my friends are going to vote for who ever can beat Harper myself included. I think you can expect a much larger turn-out of voters in the next election. My mother and her friends are all for legalization these ladies are in their 80's and will be voting out Harper. My children are in their 30's and they will be voting as well. So three generations right here voting against Harper. I grow organic medicine of several different strains at a cost much less than what the govn't proposed $ 8.80 a gram. They offer one kind of weed grown in an old mine site "TOXIC!!!!" Lots of nasty things in mines Arsenic is just one of them. As with any poison it'll get you high before it kills you. Get out and do your part Canadians sign petitions and Vote next election. Make lots of noise with your MP's and write the other parties with your concerns as well. ButchBB

Here is a link to you other Canucks, you should sign up for the class action suit and sign the petitions.

http://www.johnconroy.com/mmarcoalition/

• Like 2

The Sheriff of the county I live in uses 'scare tactics' to get ignorant people to vote his way... and it works every time. An ordinance was passed last year to limit the amount of plants you can grow in this county, the limit is now 12... down from 18. There are no more 99 cards or higher allowed in my county.. even if you have an Ag license. In other counties you can grow more cannabis than you know what to do with, just not here.

I would like to follow the letter of the law, but I grow the amount I think I'll need, I don't sell it.. I smoke it. I've smoked at least 6 or 7 pounds since last November... most of it by myself.

Even if California reverts back to the way it was before 1996(before MMJ), I will still be growing cannabis just as I have for 31 years.

Right now I may only be able to grow 12 plants, but there is nothing in the law that states how big they can be... and that's great for me.

• Like 1

"there is nothing in the law that states how big they can be"

This makes me smile. :)

• Like 1

That emurphy guy is a douche bag. A pot troll. A negative, disagreeable person... no use for people like that. Not all lung cancer is from smoking.

I know, but my point is douches like that aren't particularly rare. Not in society, and not in politics.

• Like 1

There's never a politician when you need one.

Not one who has the integrity to keep their word.

"there is nothing in the law that states how big they can be"

This makes me smile. :)

This makes me smile too. I've grown some HUGE plants in my time; I'm certain others have done the same thing. Some plants can become absolute giants... with little or no real help from the grower. An old-time grower once told me.." The really big plants have Mother Nature genetics in them.. and you can't beat that!"

What they are thinking..,

"There are private citizens growing a very lucrative cash crop at home and they aren't getting a piece of it".

The threat to "public health and safety" is really that individual Canadians will have an extra source of income they cant regulate or hold hostage. This makes that whole segment of society much more difficult to control in general.

Anything that we do that provides us with any form of security or income on the side, is a threat to what they call 'public safety'.

By this I mean it makes the public less safe to them.

This also applies to recreational legalization.

Sometime when the market has been out of the closet for a while the laws will relax to better accommodate it.

But like it or not we are all looking at a future where individual citizens are legally barred from participating in this.

Sometime when the market has been out of the closet for a while the laws will relax to better accommodate it.

But like it or not we are all looking at a future where individual citizens are legally barred from participating in this.

It certainly looks like there will be plenty of absurdity before the governments come to terms with the fact that anyone with any gardening skills can grow the highest quality weed, undetected. Politicians first deal with political reality before actual reality.

When weed is widely available, who is going to want to spend money and time prosecuting everyone with a dozen or so plants in their gardens or backyard greenhouses? I can't imagine a future Big Weed lobby being strong enough to stop the millions of small time gardeners who will take up growing it.

They wont have to.

Just doing in three or four families for this is enough to scare off most of the rest, and they know it.

Getting society at large on board wont be easy either, most people are superstitious frightened animals who are still easily convinced that the boogieman is going to get their neglected children hooked on reefer.

"Cannaphobia"

The big weed lobby is already here, its the medical pot lobby.

They have exclusive access to the market already and do not want to share it.

The one thing we pirate gardeners have going for us is ours is way better than theirs.

• Like 3

This makes me smile too. I've grown some HUGE plants in my time; I'm certain others have done the same thing. Some plants can become absolute giants... with little or no real help from the grower. An old-time grower once told me.." The really big plants have Mother Nature genetics in them.. and you can't beat that!"

Big Plants, Big roots, Big Buds and Lots of it! :showoff: SCROG is cool and yields big if done right,but I want to see the character in what I'm growing, so I've gone back to big ass trees....Indican knows what I'm talking about! :)

BQ

• Like 1

That's what I'm talking about...nice LaVie!

Best!

Haha, awesome La Vie.

Sucks I'll be forced to stop growing at the end of this year, but thankfully there are 11,000,000 illegal growers out there in Canada that will provide me cheap, clean and tasty meds :) My 9 plants at all times is a serious fuckin drop in a bucket of infinity.

There are towns in BC where it's estimated 1 out of every 3 homes has a grow going on. I think I'll be okay haha.

Cheers,

RM

• Like 1