•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

It's been a year now since I grew a Sannie strain, so I thought I'd fix that. I've wanted to grow Shackzilla since trying a friend's efforts. He's pretty much a newbie and produced some excellent weed. Last weekend I started soaking two seeds.

I grew one KF plant once, so after this grow I will be able to say I grew one KF plant twice. One fem seed germed with the Shz.

Mrs. Dirt requires an indica dom for insomniac purposes, so one Mad Scientist fem was sprouted as well. I believe Mad Sci. is Knutsel's work, but I might be wrong.

Looking at three fem sativa doms and one indica dom made me want to fill in the gap between them with one of my favorite hybrids, Esko's Chocolate Cheese. I had six seeds left, now I have six seedlings. Hopefully, one will be a mom I keep for a while.

I'll start posting pics when there is something worth looking at. All seeds were received by me from the shop or Esko about a year and a half ago, or more. 100% germination. The Shackzillas took almost a week to sprout, the others took about a day or two. One freak Chocolate Cheese has only one cotyledon. If this seriously slows growth, it might be culled.

More to come over the next few months.

• Like 1

Nice lineup, hopefully you find a nice pheno of the ChocoCheese, sounds like a special cross.

Grabbing a seat!

Esko made chocolate cheese freebies a couple of years ago, some of which were UK Cheese x CR, some were UK Cheese x CK. These happen to be the Cocoa Kush cross.

If you've tried cheeseberry, the effects are very similar -- powerful 50/50 hybrid with a significant body buzz, plus that happy cheese buzz we all know and love. Last time I grew it, they were mostly fruity, but some had a distinct cocoa powder taste on the exhale. The buds were generally round and dense, rather than tails.Any

I also have some CC f2 seeds from Santero, which haven't found themselves into the lineup yet. Those could be interesting. I'd like to see if I get a more cheesy pheno out of those.

Good stuff Mr D! After we harvest this round we definitely need a smoke session. Go ahead. N put ypur leave requst for the day in now

• Like 1

Yeah we do. This round will be ready around Xmas, but Chucky's bride is entering her prime. I expect her to finish in about three weeks. Pineapples and cheese.

• Like 1

Put me down for the ChocoCheese! :icecream:

BQ

Good stuff Mr D! After we harvest this round we definitely need a smoke session. Go ahead. N put ypur leave requst for the day in now

I want in! :)

I should have 1st nugs in about 4 weeks. Im gonna clone the fuck outta this blue chocolate and my favorite selene f2. Im tryin to get a HUGE crop by xmas...Im getting my co2 tanks back up soon. I dont care what people say about co2, the shit dramatically increases yiels. Period. But get on whats his name about that other thing and we got alot of things to talk about lmao!!! We need to live in a legal state brutha...

• Like 1

Put me down for the ChocoCheese! :icecream:

BQ

I want in! :)

Depends where Oz is, doesn't it?

• Like 1

Depends where Oz is, doesn't it?

Indican knows!
  • Like 1

Florida is just shy of 20,000,000 people, so that mean about 11,000,000 of them smoke weed.

You guys need to get that ball rolling. Not having weed when I was in Florida (Pensecola/Panama) made an awesome trip not so awesome. I loved it down there and it was only about a 4-5 hour drive from where I lived in Rural SW Louisiana for a couple of years.

I told the folks in Louisiana I would come back when my rate was $100 per hour. I was offered $70!

Update: I'll get some pics tonight. So far:

The Chocolate Cheese is growing like a very vigorous F1. Hmm... why would that be? One is definitely a male, two are almost definitely males (meaning, of course, that they are males and I'm in denial) and the other three have shown no sign of preflowers. They've been transplanted into 12" x 12" pots (30 cm x 30 cm for those of you who use the system that only about 6.7 billion people use) and each has received two buffer tabs, to date.

I've found that Esko's strains don't need more than 2 buffer tabs in a 21+ liter pot to be happy.

The Shackzilla was doing OK, and then started developing what I think was an iron deficiency. It was a non-mobile nutrient that caused interveinal chlorosis. pH was 6.6. It happened right after I put a buffer tab into their 8" pots, so I'm thinking maybe that had something to do with it. The plants were pretty small when I did this. Anyway, Cal/Mag did nothing, but a foliar spray of iron plus some other micronutes did the trick.

The KF was kinda sickly and stunted, due to an attack of tiny caterpillars that I could only see with a 5X lens when I cleverly put the plants outside to soak up the sunshine. Anyway, she's back on track. I'm guessing she's a green pheno. When I grew her once before, the purple pheno had reddish/purple growing points, and this one is green through and through. This is actually the pheno I was hoping for, if it is green.

The Mad Scientist is quite healthy. Of the four fems, she's the most robust

They were picked back and will be flipped tonight. They're still kinda small, so I don't know when they'll start to flower. No preflowers on any females yet. NINE DAYS until I have to leave them for 12 days. Soil, buffer tabs and Blumats: don't fail me.

• Like 2

Loggin in for this grow, hoping for the best with that 12 day excursion. Can't imagine leaving the ladies that long. You wont recognize them when you get back!

Yes. I'll do before and after pics from the doorway -- no matter what I find when I get back. If the Blumats are adjusted right, it should work out unless some catastrophic fail happens.

Damn, I can't wait to see this when you get back! Welcome to Jungle!

Wonderful HPS pics galore! I'm not a huge fan of pics of vegging plants under HPS, but I suppose I have to start the pic posting at some point.

I was dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century recently, when I replaced my old magnetic ballast with a digital. When lights went off last, I switched out a 400 W MH for a 1000W HPS, which is now burning at 600W. I'll boost it before I leave for the other side of the planet. So anyway, digital HPS looks slightly better in pics, but not much.

Here's the group shot from the doorway. This is where I'll take the last shot before I go, and the first shot when I come back.

gallery_3138_4040_380789.jpg

The two suspected male Chocolate Cheeses are in small pots to the left. I was once wrong about an early call on a male, and never forgot, so these guys will live a few days longer. The three plants on the right are, front to back, Shackzilla 1, 2 and Mad Scientist. The four square pots on the left are, front to back, CC#1, KF, CC#2 and CC#3. You can see that the KF is noticeably lighter in color than the other plants. You can't see much of the interveinal chlorosis on the Shackzillas here.

gallery_3138_4040_361876.jpg

Here's the little KF. I hope to see some snapping the fuck out of it soon.

gallery_3138_4040_500310.jpg

Here we have Shackzilla #2 and Mad Scientist in the back. You can see bad interveinal chlorosis, but it's not on the new growth, so I guess we're cured.

gallery_3138_4040_48442.jpg

Shackzilla #1.

gallery_3138_4040_381093.jpg

Last but not least are two of the three Chocolate Cheese girls (hopefully). Chocolate Cheese is a pleasure to grow. It was an above average yielding plant last time I grew it.

The next pics will likely be the before and afters. I don't want to tempt fate by talking about pics after that.

• Like 1

Man some of your shit is too funny...now, if given a quick choice, if you culd get 2 1000watt magnetic ballsts for $300, or a digi for around $400, but only 1000 watts. Which do u think I should do? I definitely have room for 2 more 1000 watters, but ur real opinion after buying that?

The KF, Man I dunno what it is, but Ive grown it maybe 3 times and I just cant pull it off correctly..I see massive beauties on hete, n mine havent done worth a shit. Yet. Im not done....and I think my seeds from Sannie arrived, have to pick something upat the po! Havent ordered anything else...if so, the herijuana crosses will begin again, with shiatsu added... Anyway, i was thinkin of your situation today. Ive regularly left lights totally off up to six days with no probs...I do that when I go home for xmas n shit. Darkness they just use up available nutes n energy to grow...ive never went 12, but 5-7 id have no issue with...whats anotjer few days of darkness? But I had no way of knowing of house on fire or anything was my reasonong. I guess your wife will smell the weird smoke should an issue arise?? Whatvactual day u leavin?

You can get magnetic ballasts for the low 100s and digital for around $200 or a little more.

One thing you'll notice right away is that digitals are dead silent. You just hear a faint click when it first sends current to the lamp. I literally suspended my old ballast on a chain in mid air to keep the noise and vibration from going through the house. (I have better hearing than most geezers my age, I found out.) Another thing to consider is that magnetic ballasts become less and less efficient with use. How long do you intend to use them? I usually use stuff until it's no longer usable, but the old ballast is still working. I thought it might be wasting a lot of power, and we pay ridiculous rates in my part of the state.

Bottom line is, I don't know HOW much more efficient digitals are, so I don't know what the savings is. I do like the flexibility of 400, 600, 1000 or the power boost setting (somewhere above 1000W). Heat is an issue at this time of year for me (especially for the next week, when it will be in the 80s) so being able to drop to 600 is a plus.

If you were replacing ballasts one by one, I'd go with digital for sure. If I had the cash on hand, I'd probably also go with digital to buy two. I'd only go with magnetic if I just couldn't swing the cost at the time I needed the equipment.

I'm leaving next week and should be back the 22nd or 23rd. Fire would certainly be a bummer, but the circuits are not overloaded. It's a pretty simple system -- just a light and a couple of fans with a thermostat. No supplemental heating, no pumps.

I do have a weird fear of my carbon filter breaking free and falling on the plants and reflector. Probably because I dropped it a couple of times while reinstalling it last week. Fucker can do some damage.

The first time I grew KF was outside. I got a large purple one that was much more vigorous than this one. Got the flavor and the potency was pretty good, but the buzz didn't exactly float my boat. Sort of a lost in space feeling. I thought I'd give it another shot since a lot of people whose opinions I respect are nuts for it. This one may not be a bin busting harvest, but if she's green, she'll probably have some serious potency to her.

I know how you feel about posting veg shots. There are so many fantastic bud shots I don't feel worthy unless I get a nice pic of one anymore.

I hope your trip is good and otherwise uneventful.

OK, here we go. I took this last night. This morning, I raised the light about 5 - 6 inches. Use the shelves in the background to judge height change when I get back, rather than the reflector.

gallery_3138_4040_15278.jpg

The Blumat system is set up, the new thermostat is working fine, all is well. For now.

I'm off to creep around some tropical rainforest during the rainy season (not when you want to visit for sight-seeing). Should be, er, interesting. I shouldn't pretend to be whining about it, since I live for traipsing around in the wilderness, but conditions will not be wonderful. I'm told we'll be traveling by boat, and then we have to hike to various points. When we get OUT of the boat, we're in waist to chest-deep water.

I'll pop in and say hello if I get a chance. But if not, happy growing!

• Like 3