•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Darth Budder

Hello Open Grow!

Hi All,

I am a fairly new grower and am migrating over to opengrow from another site. Ill be moving my growlog over as soon as I can. Currently I am finishing up my first LST plant in soil which is at about 6-7 weeks. It was a revegged clone of a bagseed plant. I am also dialing in a perpetual grow/breeding experiment, and this seems to be the place to learn from some breeders!!!

My goal is to get the perpetual up and running to where i am actually havesting every 1-2 weeks, and then bring in some of Sannie's genetics. I have been drooling over Blue Rocket, Jackberry and NYCBD (not sure if it is still around?) for a few years now and am months away from starting, very exciting.

Here is my LST Project at 6 weeks flower

LST project, 6 weeks veg 1

LST project, 6 weeks veg 2

And my overstuffed vegbox!

My overstuffed veg box

Hope to see you all around!

DB

Hi Darth, welcome to OPG :wave:

Throw up a journal, perpetual is a great way to grow, lots of work, but rewarding and easy to keep variety through the tent :icecream:

• Like 2

Welcome to OpenGrow Darth Budder.

This is one of the best cannabis growing communities on the web, as far as I'm concerned... we have easy going and knowledgeable members here. Drama is kept to a minimum.

Nice plants you have. Whoever said that nothing good can come from bagseed? Many great strains have come from bagseed.

As TSB stated above, a perpetual grow can be a lot of work, but it will pay for itself quickly. It's a good thing to have diversity in a grow.

Looking forward to your journal.

DesertGrown

• Like 2

Thanks Everyone,

It is surprising how much working keeping a few plants alive is. And keeping up with the cloning, feeding, and having room for everything. On the up side for me just taking care of the plants is rewarding never mind what i get from harvest, and because of my work with cannabis I am planning an all out vegetable garden for next season. Im going to be growing everything i need for my tomato gravy.

And yeah, as far as bagseed goes I am working with a set of seeds collected from a single bag. The bag was very uniform, so my guess was it was all at least grown together. As far as run of the mill commercial bag goes, it was pretty high quality and we really enjoyed smoking it. The seeds all looked good and we saved them all. I've popped 4, 1 was a weak male and was culled, 1 got sick and died. JB #1 and #2 were grown to 5 nodes, then topped to 2 and trained out to a "strongman" position to give me a nice wide area for clones. I have 1 JB #2 and 2 JB #1s ready to go in mini-hempys. Currently in buckets i have 2 clones from a clone of a white label double gum plant that was pretty good and i trained the same way. I have 3 more rooting of these rooting with as well as a cutting from JB #1 because he was looking a little sick.

Ill get that thread up and post a link shortly, thank you all again for the warm welcome.

DB

Hiya! Welcome to OG. Nice grow you have there :) Everything I have tried from Sannies shops (Growing my 13th and 14th strains from his repitoire, library) is worth a shot.

I highly recommend the Herijuana, Cheese, Cindy crosses. The freebees are of great worth. Currently, I am flowering 2 of Eskobar's Sour Diesel riri cut x DJ Short Blueberry special freebee. Good luck with all of your grows and breeding. Looking forward to the evolution of the buds. Peace.

Welcome to the O G

Scoring high with bag seed is like hitting a homerun. I hope it works out as good as it is starting. Growing from seed is always a bit of a crap shoot, and when you use bag seed even more so. Lots of great herbs have come from bagseed though, in fact every strain in existence was bag seed at one time.

Good luck and thanks for joining and sharing your grow with us.

What was the weed called that you collected the seed from, if you don't mind me asking. I know some places the weed has no name so that is cool too.

• Like 1

Welcome to the O G

Scouring high with bag seed is like hitting a homerun. I hope it works out as good as it is starting. Growing from seed is always a bit of a crap shoot, and when you use bag seed even more so. Lots of great herbs have come from bagseed though, in fact every strain in existence was bag seed at one time.

Good luck and thanks for joining and sharing your grow with us.

What was the weed called that you collected the seed from, if you don't mind me asking. I know some places the weed has no name so that is cool too.

HAHAH!!! Yes, we have names here, but this is something most folks on these grow sites would never smoke. It was plain ol' commercial brick weed. The only difference was I think is was locally grown instead of imported from mexico or whereever. It was greener, had less seeds then normal, and the high was clean crisp and energetic.

I don't think i have many of these seeds, maybe 50 or so? Out of that I'd like to find a keeper male and female. I plan to cross it with my White Label Double Gum mom it she is still alive by the time i find em. Then i have about 20 or so seeds from an accidentally pollinated white label double gum. These SHOULD be f1 hybrids if they are viable, as the pollen came from a random bagseed sativa that stressed into hermaphrodite, actually the original of my lst clone above. In the end what i am doing right now is looking for two decent plants to start with. Then ill be mixing in bagseed and purchased genetics probably for the rest of my life just to see what i can do. From what im reading, breeders have to keep mixing in fresh genetics or the plants will get progressively weaker and less fertile, but im a total noob and havent even finished my first book on breeding yet so...

DB

I don't know where you live, but domestically produced brick weed is fairly common. When I was in Louisiana I got brick from Arkansas as well as Texas. Mexicans are still growing it, only they are growing it up here now. They bring old habits up with them, people buy brick still and it is a lot less trouble than manicuring buds and keeping them all intact. Just put it in a form and compress it with car jacks. Same as Mexico less the border. The west coast is too weed snobbish to pull that stuff, but I would not rule out Mexicans in California making brick weed and smuggling into places were it is accepted.

It probable would be one of the better places to grow it. I miss California weed, lol. Nothing can afford on the east coasts comes close to it. Iam sure it is around here, it is just much more rare and very expensive. On the up side, I am a grower now, and my WL double gum was on the right track as far as taste and high I have been looking for.

Hey dude, yeah Cali was fun. I got the whole LA experience. I lived down on ocean ave in Santa Monica. It was gorgeous. Though the drive to Hollywood for weed was a bitch lol.

Db