•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

PurpleBuz

Santa Maria, Blue Santa

Escobar and friends

I'm growing out some Blue Santa seeds right now, and was wondering what you were hopeing for when making the Santa Maria Bluberry Indica cross ? They are almost ready for flowering and so far have identified at least two major phenos. One with wider fatter leaves, and another with thinner smaller leaves and a more open grow structure.

Not having grown either parent before, its hard for me to differentiate the phenos per their parents.

Second Question is if you will be producing some Santa Maria seeds in the future ? I heard you did some Santa Maria fem seeds as freebies a while back. I'd love to try some inbred Santa Maria and do some pheno hunting!

I'll post a few pics of Blue Santa before I flip into flower.

Thanks all

Purp

There is a wide variety of phenos, I think. You will not have a problem choosing your favorites, once the different scents come through.

I popped a 5 pack of Blue Santa seeds about 7 weeks ago. So far I have 2 females, 1 male (trashed), and 2 unconfirmed.

Growing with ebb & flow, T5s and LEDS. The plants have been topped once and some light LST to spread the plant and control height.

BlueSanta #5 probably a male

gallery_8080_4012_188268.jpg

BlueSanta #6 Female, showed sex early, notably thin leaves, open structure, distinct phenotype from others.

gallery_8080_4012_28346.jpg

BlueSanta #4 Probably female

gallery_8080_4012_126687.jpg

BlueSanta #7 female

gallery_8080_4012_116863.jpg

• Like 3

I'm guessing 4 & 7 are SM phenos. Number 6 may be BB leaning.

I was smoking one of my SM phenos yesterday. Still kicks ass, even though it's not my favorite.

Hands down, it's a blueberry-leaning pheno that will send you to heaven -- just by the scent alone. The one I got was among the very best smelling/tasting plants I've ever grown.

Rock hard buds, capable of being used in a slingshot to kill squirrels.

• Like 1

look for this in the holy princess and be surprised, hahaha.

i was wrong when i thought the cocoa kush was what i liked

(it was the cheese, lol) ... and i am telling you, mate. you're

digging the santa maria-side of things, hehe :)

the BB makes fluffyier buds and smells rather leathery, not

so sweet, but the stretch and bigger yield comes from him.

but hey, maybe i am completely off, though. if so, then

kick my butt hard, fellow dirtster ... no problem, hehe ;)

look for this in the holy princess and be surprised, hahaha.

i was wrong when i thought the cocoa kush was what i liked

(it was the cheese, lol) ... and i am telling you, mate. you're

digging the santa maria-side of things, hehe :)

the BB makes fluffyier buds and smells rather leathery, not

so sweet, but the stretch and bigger yield comes from him.

but hey, maybe i am completely off, though. if so, then

kick my butt hard, fellow dirtster ... no problem, hehe ;)

The reason I call it a blueberry leaning pheno is that it smells like blueberry, with the Santa Maria in the background. The two SM phenos are all skunky "red fruit," whatever red fruit is - I have no idea what fruit this might be. But it's a similar scent to the SM x Cheeseberry.

I have never grown out blueberry. I just assumed it had a blueberry scent because... If the bud density is springy dreadlocks, I got that pheno, too.

Anyway, as far as Purple Buz is concerned, you will know the killer pheno by the scent.

Holy Princess is in the lineup for my next grow. I expect the effects of the cross could be as interesting as the scents and tastes.

reads like i am mistaken, bro. sorry for that. i sure am impressed with the SM,

so i am biased on her a lot. everything she is involved in seems to be upgra-

ded to better taste. esko showed some flowered out clones of her and these

were quite "dready" looking too, though. but the BB foxes out hard tails in the

end, so it really could only be one of the infamous san-genetic-mix-ups, lol.

anyhoo, you make me go to my fridge and hold this lil baggie with about a dozen

blue santa that i watch with gloomy eyes now. your description of them sure tingles

quite the right spot in me.

• Like 1

well now I am totally confused :)

I have seen escobars pics of Santa Maria and it had foxtails climbing to heaven, but then I see other descriptions by Escobar of meteor lava rocks.

And then the Blueberry Indica is actually a red stemed stretchy blueberry indica like.

Santero from the pics do you know which is from what side of the family ?

Maybe it would be easier just to send you to a thread with pictures:

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/46580-santa-maria-x-blueberry-free-stock/page__pid__578751__st__40?do=findComment&comment=578751

The linked page has the two tall phenos -- one is The Great One, the other is just dreadlocky. The previous page has the Santa Maria pheno.

damn, thats hard for me *pfff*

blueberry has red stems and the SM too ... :unsure:

i was under the impression that he meant that the

planck dreads out but still makes rock hard buds.

the SM makes buds like a star (in every direction),

while the BBs i grew and saw so far went foytail in

the end of flower.

usually it is very hard to tell at this stage, cause

they will show a lot of more traits while flowering.

bud-formation and the very end product will tell for sure, i guess.

i sure understand the being-curious-part. i am super impatient

and declare phenos while vegging them and notice them change

a lot along the way.

good one, misterdirt ... you can see them change leafshapes

in their upper half on the 2nd half of flo ... this will help a lot.

verrrry nice :)

This is great...getting ready to transplant 5 BS's into to their final pots while you all do the hard work for me...keep it going!

Peace,

BQ

If you go back a little in that thread, you can see that my guesses as to what the phenos were shaping up to look like changed.

The "rock hard" part does seem to be an SM trait, and there is a huge difference between those star shaped rocks and typical tails. The dreadlock pheno was typical tails, had more of a non-descript leather with a hint of pine or spice scent. The dreadlock pheno is the only one I'd get rid of before maturity, if/when I grow it again.

thanks all, that helps me to understand. I'm holding the plants back in veg, waiting for space in my flower room. It currently has Selene just entering week 9, which may be ready any day now to be chopped.

I have 3 females and one male out of my 5 pack of freebies. Had another male but culled him. Kept the better male in case I want to pollen chuck one of the FEMS or something else. Two FEMS smell of what I guess is red fruit(like hawain punch fruit drink) and have a nice Xmas tree shape before topped and purple streaked/lined stems. Other was same shape but almost half again as big and a bit more spaced out, or if not as dense of stackimg nodes, but tbh I think I like this one best so far. Smell of that one is more skunky with some faint sweet rotten fruit in the background. I have a feeling this is the blueberry pheno, but my guesses are just guesses. I will be cloning them in the coming weeks and these along with some chuckys bride and whatever else I get ready in time will take a maiden voyage on my first Maputo run.

Also, I have one Boudica in flower. Share some genes so thought I'd throw this here. About 4 weeks in 12/12 and buds are so different to anything I've seen. Looks like lava rocks. Hairs don't stand straight up like on many when blooming. These want to mold onto themselves and creates a landscape on the bud that's kinda crazy. Like on the lava rocks you find in yards/gardens. Look very dense with fair yield, not great, not bad, so far anyway.

guess i got the blueberry leaning pheno...

smells strongly of blueberry candy and has a hint of a liverwurst flavor, guess that could be leather. smells reminiscent of the super blue dream. tastes kind of hashy, hash seems to overpower the berry flavor. kind of a harsh back hit on the throat though, but really smooth, no cough. i've only smoked the charas so far. that's usually how i make my first impressions.

trippy, dreamy, heavy, stoney, floaty, goodness. perfect smoke for the full moon.

kind of similar to the blue dream, but definitely more... spiritual and placid, less zippa dee doo dah zippa dee day more buddha mind. they should make a nice cross, the blue santa and the super blue dream. i made some f2's of the Blue Santa as well. from the looks of the seeds, i am guessing there will be 2 predominant phenos.

wow.

smokin' some of the charas.

this is really heavenly.

thanks E$KO! damn. i'm in love. i'm excited about this green queen.

one of my favorite blues yet!

oh yeah. nice plants Purple Buz. rumor had it that E$KO will be dropping a limited drop of some Blue Santas every Christmas. so... we'll see!

peace.

Escobar and friends

I'm growing out some Blue Santa seeds right now, and was wondering what you were hopeing for when making the Santa Maria Bluberry Indica cross ? They are almost ready for flowering and so far have identified at least two major phenos. One with wider fatter leaves, and another with thinner smaller leaves and a more open grow structure.

Not having grown either parent before, its hard for me to differentiate the phenos per their parents.

Second Question is if you will be producing some Santa Maria seeds in the future ? I heard you did some Santa Maria fem seeds as freebies a while back. I'd love to try some inbred Santa Maria and do some pheno hunting!

I'll post a few pics of Blue Santa before I flip into flower.

Thanks all

Purp

I had some major issues with this grow. The flower room wasn't ready on time, Selene was producing a huge crop, but was finishing late.

I held back the blue santa, and had to root prune just before putting into flower. That was a huge mistake, resulting in major leaf drop in the first few weeks of flowering.

Nonetheless I managed to pull the plants through, and they are finishing with a low yield of decent flowers.

gallery_8080_4012_263507.jpg

gallery_8080_4012_369048.jpg

gallery_8080_4012_112441.jpg

Nice scent? That was my favorite part of Blue Santa. Blueberries are jealous of that scent.

• Like 1

this was by far the most blueberry tasting n smelling plants i've come across, with good potency to boot!!! i'm so glad i decided to f2 that pheno! they were freebies too....thanks esko!!!

• Like 3

Nice scent? That was my favorite part of Blue Santa. Blueberries are jealous of that scent.

Yes one of the plants has a nice light berry scent. It was one of the santa maria phenos. (#4, #7) not sure which tho since they overlap in the grow.

so far buds sampled have a Strong stone, I got to taste some on christmas morning.

Pheno #6 is a low producer, ended up branching and stretching all over the place with small leaves. spider plant.

I'm in a second grow now, and #4 and #7 are growing really strong. In early flower looks similar to Selene, except a bit taller.

Hey Purple would you mind sharing your thoughts on the Selene you grew out?

dee

I love Selene a good strong plant with lots of good colors and fragrance. There are some green phenos that finish a little bit earlier with dense buds. I do get a bit of bud rot with the denser buds. The other main pheno have purple/blue colors, large not too dense colas and great berry smells with a background of ginger\diesel.

Blue Santa and Selene in the same grow, a few weeks into flowering.

Blue Santa #4

gallery_8080_4012_172305.jpg

Selene

gallery_8080_4012_129487.jpg

and Finally Blue Santa #6, a branchy stretchy spider with dark red\purple stems.

gallery_8080_4012_16337.jpg

• Like 2

waiting patiently for the bleusanta to come in my mail :)

• Like 1

blueberry has red stems and the SM too

The red in the stems is a natural chemical in the plant that is used by the plant for pest control. I cant remember what it is called. It is emphoscianan (sic) or something like that. I found a video where it is mentioned. Video is from a growhouse in Colorado. Somewhere around 3:32 of the video it is mentioned. If someone knows how to spell this please correct this for me. I want to read more on this natural chemical in the plant.

Can't figure out the video drop here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v= RgWOQRCBWic