•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

went to the grow area this a.m. and shook all the rain off from yesterday

trimmed a couple to let them dry off and go back later to cut them

ten minutes after getting back home, it comes another rain

I hate rain, I hate rain, I hate rain, I hate rain, I hate rain, I hate rain

0002038B.gif 0002038B.gif 0002038B.gif

• Like 1

The way we grow outdoor weed in North America is a bit messed up. We water all summer and at the end when you don't need water it rains. Dry buds suck up water and want to fall over. Add rain on the buds and it is a foregone conclusion they are going down. Even is properly staked the fat indica buds will mold. If you live in an arid location and water the plants they stand out like a sore thumb to the law or crooks, and if you live in a damp place you get mold or rot. That is after a long summer of bugs!

Indoor you can still get bugs. You fight the heat and the space limitations.

Weed may get cheap in the future, but never cheaper than corn and tomatoes. :yummy:

There will always be some profit for those in the market.

I do have some wild ass sativas outiside that are in the very earliest sign of flower. These plants handle the wind and rain like bamboo! My step daughter is back from Orlando and moved them close to the house to protect them, but I was never worried. These plants could handle anything I think, if you have enough time. The only reason I see to protect them at all is to give them a little extra light or heat in the coldest, darkest days of the year. If these plants Ever finish it is at least 4-5 months out there... About February?

We smoked some of this wild sativa lately and the high is refreshingly different than anything I have smoked in decades. It was early still, poorly dried and not cured, but the high was good and up. It tasted like smoking just pure leaf. Hardly any trichomes to the naked eye. Not sure where the THC is in this plant, but it is there in the high. Very enjoyable and worth the wait.

Go Seahawks!

Before I looked at the starter of this thread, I said randude!!!! Looked and sure as shit lol!!! Love ya brother...

Just a quick stoner thing, have you guys seen the movie Leaves of Grass with Ed Norton??? Its definitely worth a watch. Its got a fuckin great hydro setup and ed norton is dead on as a grower...fucker knows his shit lol! Netflix it or whatever. Ibought it for $3 at a military px! I felt weird buyin it since i had my badge n shit on, but....

• Like 2

Indican, Is that the one with where he has a twin brother?

And Yes Scone, I am a red wine drinker. I prefer the spendier stuff, but buy a lot of stuff from Trader Joes. I seen some good looking stuff at Target of all places the other day for about $10 a bottle.

Yeah When it comes to wine I like to blow money too.

Trader Joe's, hell yea fantastic wine selection. For that matter the Haggin has a great big wine section too. We drink like a rich Tacoma up here in Hamsterdam.

Real proper good wine is an experience that no one should leave this world without. Reds are my favorite too of course, kinda obvious with the pot I work. Ya know, pot comes in every color wine grapes do.

I had some Extrema I grew out once, totally nailed it. Its great pot but its more of the bottom end high med patients like. Being more of a haze type I left a jar of it sitting in a drawer for three years without opening it.

Well cured buds keep at least that long. It was so rich thick and tasty, had a real stink to it too, hashy. The stone was just starting to go off, and the buds were very fragile by then but it should be possible with greasy enough pot, say silverfields, to age it for a couple years in small wooden casks as a high end product.

I know our state set the initial rules to favor a sterile boring 'trip to the pot bank' type market, but were just getting started. Eventually there will be more states legal than not, and by then the federal will get off our necks. We should be able to bring all sorts of new cannabis products and services to the hungry market.

Some day if I get to be a big cannafish or just have an extra 5000 laying around I want to get me a gas chromomatograpic pot testing gizmo. Then use the thing to start extracting individual canabinoids like pure thc and thcv so I can mix up special batches of scones custom medicinal goo.

Its a topical but must be applied directly to the brain

I don't think a gas chromatograph would distill out the individual constituents in large enough quantities for any kind of commercial production. Granted, it's been well over 2 decades since analytical chem, and I was likely stoned at the time.

Might be interesting to develop a sort of vaporizor that can deliver an individual cannabinoid, or custom mix of two or more.

Oh my no,

Use that thing to test what I make to see when I get it pure

and yea I've thought of vaping it at a controlled temp in some sorta tub with a cold sheet of glass on top to collect it on.

Or solvent extract in a centrifuge maybe

Since leaving work with the guv'mint a long time ago, I've never been able to make buying expensive lab equipment make sense economically if there were private labs available.

Hey -- that could be your niche in the new pot economy! Be the lab!

Make sure people sent you at least a gram more than you need to do the actual lab work. Depending on the test results, you may say, "Holy shit! I gotta smoke that one for quality control purposes! It's in my client's best interests!"

Since leaving work with the guv'mint a long time ago, I've never been able to make buying expensive lab equipment make sense economically if there were private labs available.

Hey -- that could be your niche in the new pot economy! Be the lab!

Make sure people sent you at least a gram more than you need to do the actual lab work. Depending on the test results, you may say, "Holy shit! I gotta smoke that one for quality control purposes! It's in my client's best interests!"

What is the result of the test Mr Scone? "Man, that is some good shit"!

Oh were just brainstorming new ways to use trimmings and so on,.

I think as long as the state is making us lab test it and keep such detailed records doing actual research on marijuana might be a good use of our time.

I would use a cannabis fingerprinting setup to breed pot, testing both males and females for the balance of canabinoids I want first then later potency of that. And I would use it to test different hash making methods both in use today and just bizarre stuff I come up with.

It would likely be the best 6 or 8 thousand dollars I ever spent if I were really working in the industry.

Id spend allot of lab time testing the effect of different balances of THC and THCV on myself as well as the minor ones for obvious reasons.

The research we all want done but no one with the money to do it would. Like how much of what makes the perfect high, and why does one of that outperform three of anything else.

• Like 1

I always use the Bubbleman analogy. He did pretty good making and selling those bags, and they are totally legal. I think he was a little too greedy on the price though. Something to watch out for. He forced the copies to come out. And where is the loyalty when he raped his customers?

The stoned mind is one that explores possibilities and in this new world the possibilities are growing.

I like your line of thinking, Scone. It would be good to see full profiles, then a guy could figure out why something rated at 10% THC gets you ripped more than some 20% stuff. (for example; I don't know if there are actually cases as extreme as that)

Scone excellent idea!! You do all the leg work, i'll grow n smoke da shit out of it!

There goes another key board!

I have been following that shut-down of the strange black market drug site that the FBI has been bragging about, and it was really eye opening. The suspect mentions a paradym shift, and I have to agree. I looked at the forums. as they are still open, and it was amazing to read. Thought provoking to say the least. I don't think I would ever partake in such a thing, as the risks are extremely high, but wow. And while reading the departing words of the members and vendors in the shut-down thread, I see a wide range of very interesting people. It is better than reading a novel for me. They all were saying they would meet on another site that is similar so I went to have a look, and indeed, there are people still selling hard drugs on the internet and mailing it to people, and they are still using the internet currency.

As you can see, I am not mentioning any of the correct terms in this post. Not because I don't know them, but because I don't want to bring anyone in here that is searching for that sort of thing.

WOW, Thanks for sharing Ran!

• Like 1

BQ, not sure what to make of your comment, but I suppose sarcasm is hard to translate in raw text.

The story is rather facinating and touches on some very interesting things. The founder was interviewed by Forbes.

MrD. if you have some time look into it. This kid made a lot of money and the way that he did it was pretty amazing to me. I see people selling pure hard drugs on the other site with high feedback numbers. Now that the news if covering this story it is going to make a lot of publicity and flood the internet, and flood the postal systems etc. It is almost like the FBI has introduced the world to a new internet.

Some of the things I was getting are people that lost money because of the shut-down because the money was still in escrow... Big Money, and from products that were fronted. Some people may have some real problems because of that.

Anyway, that is what I am reading now, but in no way partaking. I prefer to buy my yayo from hispanics in Houston, the old fashioned way.

?????????? I was being serious... I wasn't aware of this and I was thanking you for sharing. I didn't know hard drugs were being sold that open on the net, that's why I went wow....not one who looks for or wants to be around hard drugs.... i don't even drink other than a hit of good moonshine on special occasions. :) I get everything I need out of weed.

Peace brother,

BQ

PS

I don't watch the news (intentionally), read the paper or follow the news on the internet, at my age I decided not to get wrapped up in all the bullshit anymore (it can be stressful), so I miss a few interesting things along the way ( that's what I have you for....sac on this time :likken: ).

So seriously Thanks Ran!

Aww that's cool BQ. I had thought that everyone was more educated about this bust than I am. I pretty much follow the law and so these boot-leg sites really catch my attention. This kid that is 29 has generated sales in the neighborhood of $1.2 Billion in about 2 1/2 years with a commission of about $80 Million. But.... he got caught and it likely to spend the rest of his life in jail, or at least the best part of it. Just fighting this case is going to take a long time because it is so complicated. Having read a bunch about it I see he made some errors in judgement. He is not street smart, the guy was a kind of a geek. You need the perfect blend of geek and thug to pull that off, or a team made up of such.

On another note: My Seahawks are really doing outstanding. I am not all caught up in it, but it is better than losing :)

• Like 1

OOPS...Sorry about the Sea Hawks, looks like the Colt's had their # today! (sarc off)

• Like 1

Yeah, the Seahawks lost one. You can't win them all, and the Seahawks are just not that good, iike the teams of the past that have stomped everyone. Moist of the games they did win were not a stomping. I do hope they continue and win more, but wouldn't lose any sleep if they didn't.

How's everyone doing? I have been a little quiet lately and keeping to myself. Doing the same thing at home too. It seems like all my waking thoughts are this project I have at work. I am in the hot seat, a place I love to be, but this project is very complicated and tasking. I know, this isn't very hippie of me to be involved in.

Last week we harvested our grape ape and it is some very potent weed and a completely different high than the Blue Dream. We harvested some of that too. Lately I am just putting in and pulling plants out of my flower room in a more-less random fashion. I predict when I will be harvesting some plants and I prepare seeds or clones to go in as replacements. I have some lady cane and herijuana crosses in there now, as well as my col jam and blue dream. I need to do that again now, make some clones and sprout some seeds. I need to see what I am going to do now

How's everyone doing? I have been a little quiet lately and keeping to myself. Doing the same thing at home too. It seems like all my waking thoughts are this project I have at work. I am in the hot seat, a place I love to be, but this project is very complicated and tasking. I know, this isn't very hippie of me to be involved in.

Last week we harvested our grape ape and it is some very potent weed and a completely different high than the Blue Dream. We harvested some of that too. Lately I am just putting in and pulling plants out of my flower room in a more-less random fashion. I predict when I will be harvesting some plants and I prepare seeds or clones to go in as replacements. I have some lady cane and herijuana crosses in there now, as well as my col jam and blue dream. I need to do that again now, make some clones and sprout some seeds. I need to see what I am going to do now

I was actually starting to worry until I saw you on here today, glad to see all is well......Hippie is a state of mind..... we live in the real world and have to treat it as such....until you retire to just growing weed!

Best,

BQ

• Like 1