•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

10 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Thank you! I have more questions about it but I'll wait til I get one.

peace

It’s super easy. Extract with alcohol like you already do, pour it into the distiller and turn it on. I set my temp at 82C/179F, it takes less than an hour and you have a very concentrated alcohol/ thc tincture, plenty thin enough to pour into a dish. Then just finish evaporating off the alcohol like you do now. If only ran two batches, so the Angel May have better info. She’s probably thinking I should shut up now...so I will. Lol

• Haha 1

Ok, thanks that's about it! I was wondering where you stopped. Which distiller did you get? I always wanted to make or buy and nice small home distiller to make spirits at home.

If I ever get back on my feet I'd like to start my homebrewing again and distilling would be a nice addition. Homebrewing is so cool. You can use your spent grains for the garden, making bokashi, bread, feed other animals... Very little waste in homebrewing. 

peace

One of the things I have found, I run a gallon at a time, it decarbs it, and then any finish off of decarbing on the heated magnetic hot plate. I do not decarb prior, and it comes out more fluid.

20 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

It’s super easy. Extract with alcohol like you already do, pour it into the distiller and turn it on. I set my temp at 82C/179F, it takes less than an hour and you have a very concentrated alcohol/ thc tincture, plenty thin enough to pour into a dish. Then just finish evaporating off the alcohol like you do now. If only ran two batches, so the Angel May have better info. She’s probably thinking I should shut up now...so I will. Lol

Just repeating what I taught you lol

36 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Ok, thanks that's about it! I was wondering where you stopped. Which distiller did you get? I always wanted to make or buy and nice small home distiller to make spirits at home.

If I ever get back on my feet I'd like to start my homebrewing again and distilling would be a nice addition. Homebrewing is so cool. You can use your spent grains for the garden, making bokashi, bread, feed other animals... Very little waste in homebrewing. 

peace

This is the one I have. I poured 4 bottles of wine in and got just under a quart of brandy. Didn’t check the alcohol content, but it was strong, I estimate it at around 100-120 proof.

My largest run for oil was 3 quarts, I haven't run a gallon yet, but I’m sure after this grow I will be ready to.

They had one a little cheaper, about $120, but this one has a digital display, I liked that option.

8956EED8-C538-4C37-9E0C-0AC067E6465C.thumb.jpeg.50d23c5977a640d365cda000ca167e13.jpeg

Okay, the same type Garden showed me. I'll shoot for that soon. thx

Man, that green dragon I made has a lot of fats/lipids drop out. I did soak it longer, and swished it more. I doubt I'll fill the syringe but it'll get me me buy until I can buy more alcohol. 

peace

• Like 1

Some comes out so clean, others have a ton of waxes and lipids, think it depends on a few things, age of material, strains, etc. Sure makes a clean oil taking those out, worth the time for sure. Very potent oil that way as well. Dang near pure :)

16 minutes ago, Justcozz said:

This is the one I have. I poured 4 bottles of wine in and got just under a quart of brandy. Didn’t check the alcohol content, but it was strong, I estimate it at around 100-120 proof.

My largest run for oil was 3 quarts, I haven't run a gallon yet, but I’m sure after this grow I will be ready to.

They had one a little cheaper, about $120, but this one has a digital display, I liked that option.

8956EED8-C538-4C37-9E0C-0AC067E6465C.thumb.jpeg.50d23c5977a640d365cda000ca167e13.jpeg

So you have actually made brandy with this?

Hre's my latest batch. This picture is out of focus and the jar frosted up before i got a shot. You can se the lighter colored stuff on the bottom. I left the jar with the trim on an incline and it looks like I have collected another 3-5 ounces to add to this. 

IMG_1770.thumb.jpg.af15e9084fb3003fda5d0ca073dfe0a8.jpg

peace

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

So you have actually made brandy with this?

Oh yeah, it comes out clear but has a nice flavor. I used wine I got from my sister. She is always going to wine tasting events and gets it quicker than she drinks it, so anything over about 6 months old she gives me. I got about 20 bottles from her when I bought the distiller. I’ve made a few batches. I’ll have to see how much wine I have left, maybe I’ll make another batch today. 

34 minutes ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Hre's my latest batch. This picture is out of focus and the jar frosted up before i got a shot. You can se the lighter colored stuff on the bottom.

That’s looks nice, I decarbed first, so mine is a dark greenish brown. I’ll have to try a run without decarbing first and see how I like it. I didn’t think it would fully decarb in there, but if Gardenartus says it will..I believe her. 

• Like 2

Ok, It’s running, see how quick it is to set up? 

I run it at 95C/203F for brandy.  

First pic, 4 bottles of wine brings it almost to the full line.

3ECB6E77-D1B7-4107-BD07-B73EBE5EA8EE.thumb.jpeg.fc384c3bc1ce5c4ee79e6a1891222989.jpeg

Put the top on, plug it in and set the temp. thats it.

9727D18A-9D68-435C-8581-CC3CD6EFCC6C.thumb.jpeg.fd408571771ab01de0c442fc653996cb.jpeg

When its done, I will show what I got from it.

• Like 2

Theres no dope like tokers in this town

I been so stoned

Wasted

Nodding at work wasted lol

Who ever said autos were not strong is full of shit

Small nuggs wreck for hours

Im smoking caramelo now hoping i didnt let that go to long for my tastes

Wrecked

Gotta get my shit together but im so stoned all the time

Smoke more that 2 hits and your ready for bed wrecked

Moby is still a tad wet to try

Triple cheese is a good high flyer 

1/3 a joint gone and im so high

Ears ring but im not ready to go to sleep

Caramelo is tatsy as shit by the way

Ya feel it screaming like top end.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Justcozz said:

Ok, It’s running, see how quick it is to set up? 

I run it at 95C/203F for brandy.  

First pic, 4 bottles of wine brings it almost to the full line.

Put the top on, plug it in and set the temp. thats it.

When its done, I will show what I got from it.

Damn, that may be just a little too much work for me. I had no idea you had to go all into that...

• Haha 3

Happy 420 folks both old and new friends and comrades and all members of opengrow. today is our day TO CELEBRATE our wonderful and cherished MARIJUANA/CANNABIS  viva la the SACRED PLANT. 

bringing it in with some rhino blood floating inside my cranium as i type with 1 finger. time to bake cookies and hope i didn't fuck up the dough to bad. even if they don't taste great they should get us zoinked.  i'll be sharing with the dude who made the mile high trip possible. got there once in my life and hope to get back in summer to go to the zoo. 

be back in a minute or 2 yawn. standing too much. tuna pasta salad is done, cucumber salad is done, ribs done tomorrow, frozen fruit in smoothie fridge for a cool tastie refreshing finish, simply's lemonade and juicy juice fruit punch, orange gatorade so, i imagine some slushiness will be made to cool throats down.  i'll have a couple weed song playlists from youtube. will search them asap. 

• Like 7

I finished the brandy yesterday, took about an hour. I ended up with about 360ml of about 150-160 proof, maybe stronger. Taste is good, but pretty hot. The burn can be felt all the way down to the bottom of the stomach. I may need to cut it a bit, I prefer my booze closer to 100 proof. I need to get an hydrometer, then I will know for sure.

360 ml may not seem like much, but the wine is only 13% so I pulled about the best that can be expected. 

A81BB82D-2B2F-4810-8966-2954F1A00EBE.thumb.jpeg.748607c402b519a3ff78e0c79380710e.jpeg

I plan on making my own mash and doing a run. I should be able to double or triple that. Also, if I want that dark brandy color we are all used to, I just have to add some charred oak and let is age a month or so. 

Maybe I need to make some green dragon for 420 shots. I have about an oz of very nice trim and ground bud waiting for a good bath. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I will be eating medicated prime rib and coconut shrimp, I believe might be a band there? :) I will be Served tonight ha! Normally I am doing the serving. :) Happy 420

420 in sign language.jpg

• Like 7

My guy does not drink, but he said he likes to sip on Brandy, did not know that lol I will have to try my hand at this. :)

• Like 1

Bath Township Police Dept Posted this lol

Weed be lying if we said we didn't know what today is, so doobie careful with your decisions in how you celebrate the day. Hash out a sober driver and make sure they don't go blazin over the speed limit. We wouldn't want them to go smokin off the road and mess up the grass in front of Mary Jane's house.

(Sorry to be so blunt about it)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

My guy does not drink, but he said he likes to sip on Brandy, did not know that lol I will have to try my hand at this. :)

Make some. You will have to try different wines to see what he prefers. I haven’t tested individual wines yet, I just mix and toss in whatever I have. I want to try some cheap box wine.

The event I went to was boring lol but OMG the food! They served us in courses :) First coconut shrimp, then a special chicken dish, then prime rib, then a fancy banana dessert. I was so full had to undo my pants lol we had to bring food home. They gave us a little baggy of medibles, and had a joint ready for us at the table, thought that was pretty cool. That food was like gourmet! OMG it was good. But I did not feel a thing,  lol, I am used to 50 to 100mg treats lol I didn't feel a thing

• Like 3

On 4/20/2019 at 12:45 PM, Mr Goodfellow said:

Moonshine!! :D

yes, sweet flavored so i'll drink it = women will drink it. might have to dilute it though.  a local lady does it on the DL.  I don't need to sell it but someone might barter an item or some good vittles/cooking  it's way down the road to do though. the plant is priority,

so, my 420 dude canceled he thought he sent a message. he's going to dinner with his folks. he takes care of them s they are in their 90's.           today is the 2nd day of Passover. so que sera sera. Rescheduled for tomorrow with the dog/cat lady.  a relative might top by not sure with these young-ins these days. he's a good kid though never any trouble, good heart.  i hope weed doesn't bite him in the ass though.  they don't take safety precautions like some of us. like no driving under the influence is a big deal. never smoke in the car or let others do so. 

the cookies were hit and miss because the pyrex baked ones turned out lovely. the smaller ones on aluminum foil i cooked way too long. i was able to finally bite into one with some of the last of my molars.  smdh lol  need to dunk them in milk or set in ice cream ... got a little dough left. definitely Pyrex baking dish. u have to adjust the heat by lowering 25 deg's cause the glass heats faster. 

hmm i think it's time to burn one .          

@gardenartus  can you find out how they infuse weed into prime rib and amounts. ask about the shrimp too. i don't eat shrimp like that but i can offer that as a dinner meal idea folks will pay for, especially ladies. i smell a whiff of the ribs wafting by my nose. yummy. ijs                           you might want to investigate what else you don't know about your dude. ha :wub: love can be blind... 

the almost ex might stop buy wed or so to use me as her boy toy, i hope so that makes us feel better. plus she has those Jill Scott skillz frfr no doubt about it in my top 3 personally  and she's number two maybe 1 lol. 

• Like 1

The sauces they use :) Like the horseradish sauce, the coconut shrimp sauce, you could make medicated cocktail sauce. You can make a rub for meat, infuse sugar and salt. You can marinate meats and medicate that way. Make shrimp scampi with infused butter. There are a few ways. :)

They put a pic of the second course, Chicken with a special Hawaiian sauce. Greens with bacon and onions.

second course of cannabis chef meal.jpg

cannabis chefs what we ate menu.jpg

• Like 3