•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

I run mine the last hour of the light cycle. Trying to use UV for sterilization would kill your plants.

UVB is the important one for increased THC production in Cannabis, it’s not output by LEDs, but is by HPS lights. 

• Like 2

Here’s what I use, I have the power veg, so I can use them on seedlings, too.   I’ve also read of people using aquarium UV lights, too.  

I run them the whole flower cycle, veg too, just plug them into my timer.   They claim keep them 16 inches, but I usually go about 8 with no problems.   I like hanging them along the walls angled down into the canopy.  Any T5 fixture will work.   

Can’t recall where I heard of these, here maybe? When I switched to LED a few years ago, one of the main reasons was more potent buds due to UV coverage.   So I bought the Hortilux first to use with my Hps since they’re so much cheaper than a full LED.   Liked the results so bought the LEDs   

https://eyehortilux.com/grow-lights/powerveg-family/

• Like 2

That’s the one I was thinking about, DD. I can get those in our local grow shop. 

Actually, most of the good LED’s are full spectrum these days, including UVA/B, and infrared.  Both UVA, and B have been shown to increase THC, with B being the one that causes sunburn,   

Hadn’t looked at it all in awhile, but did when studying LEDs.   They definitely change plant shape and response, usually more compact and frostier, given the fine tuning of spectrums.  Early LEDs mostly sucked.  

Frankly, I believe we’re at the point of diminishing returns in lighting technology, plants can only do so much genetically, no matter how artificially perfect lighting we give them.  

• Like 1

I would agree with that. Even with the real sunshine, it only does so much.

These are my new little friends. :wub:

I hope all of you guys are ok. 

20200321_192154.jpg

20200320_222710.jpg

20200310_193615.jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, baqualin said:

I run mine the last hour of the light cycle. Trying to use UV for sterilization would kill your plants.

UVB is the important one for increased THC production in Cannabis, it’s not output by LEDs, but is by HPS lights. 

That is what I am trying to avoid, kill them lol there is a way to do it, but specific timed, was hoping someone here had done it for sterilization, not just for trich production. I think I am going to get those shoom caps for the vents, that should help.

What happened was I brought in PM, from processing someones trim, it went through my bathroom vent to my flower. Since I had to do the clean up, and setting the rooms back up, was looking at ways to prevent, was looking at the UV for that. I might skip this and just get the shroom caps, I';ve been known to kill my plants with natural fixes ha! Probably better just skip the UV.

• Like 1

I think they make a UV box to sterilize the air coming in your duct work. I've seen one somewhere.. probably not cheap. I think that PowerVeg light @dieseldog381 showed is made to run all day. Probably just a factor of strength.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

That is what I am trying to avoid, kill them lol there is a way to do it, but specific timed, was hoping someone here had done it for sterilization, not just for trich production. I think I am going to get those shoom caps for the vents, that should help.

What happened was I brought in PM, from processing someones trim, it went through my bathroom vent to my flower. Since I had to do the clean up, and setting the rooms back up, was looking at ways to prevent, was looking at the UV for that. I might skip this and just get the shroom caps, I';ve been known to kill my plants with natural fixes ha! Probably better just skip the UV.

If the rooms empty it will work, in those situations after harvest I hit the room for 2 hours with a shock ozone generator, kills every fucking thing.

• Like 3

Heat.  Have you tried heat?   Fastest and easiest way.  PM sucks, and I found just turning my fan off and running it up to 95 for a few hours stops it cold.  Sure, stresses plants a bit, but not as much as PM.    All the rainbow and unicorns stuff was a waste of time, except Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance, but it’s pricey.  

I think PM dies above 90.  I ran my room to 110 once, just to show the little bastards who’s boss.  That’s also a great way to sterilize a room between grows.   Lots of papers out there on powdery mildew and temperatures, I hate that stuff.  

Best of luck.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, baqualin said:

If the rooms empty it will work, in those situations after harvest I hit the room for 2 hours with a shock ozone generator, kills every fucking thing.

Including you, if you run it too long, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, baqualin said:

1 hour ago, dieseldog381 said:

Heat.  Have you tried heat?   Fastest and easiest way.  PM sucks, and I found just turning my fan off and running it up to 95 for a few hours stops it cold.  Sure, stresses plants a bit, but not as much as PM.    All the rainbow and unicorns stuff was a waste of time, except Ed Rosenthals Zero Tolerance, but it’s pricey.  

I think PM dies above 90.  I ran my room to 110 once, just to show the little bastards who’s boss.  That’s also a great way to sterilize a room between grows.   Lots of papers out there on powdery mildew and temperatures, I hate that stuff.  

Best of luck.  

I was going to do heat, but thought it was in the 100s and I think plastic would melt lol seriously, some of the equipment has limits, but I could do 95. I sulfured all rooms, and took down Mylar, put new up, bleached everything. But you just never know if I missed a crack or corner. I hate PM, it just messes everything up, and I will not use those harsh ones on the plants.

I think I will do heat, just to make sure :) I don't want to ruin anything, or kill myself lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

Wow, that is pretty cool, I have really bad allergies, that might help me! :) Wonder if you could put those in ducting, that would solve issue of coming through the vents 

YES!!!!!!!! Simply attach the U-shaped bracket to the inside of your ductwork or the inside of your furnace. I think you found my answer dieseldog TY! I ordered some

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dieseldog381 said:

If you don’t know how to properly use it, sure. 

4 minutes ago, baqualin said:

If you don’t know how to properly use it, sure. 

LOL think Diesel knows me too well Baq, I would be the one to kill myself

Just now, gardenartus said:

LOL think Diesel knows me too well Baq, I would be the one to kill myself

I was only stating what I do in that situation not recommending, I’ve used ozone for years, worked for a fire and flood restoration company for a bit. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!

Quit worrying about what "we" do

Worry what You will do.

Shit is happening right now

Around us all

Only thing we can do is figure out what we will do.

Cover your ass always

• Like 1

9 hours ago, baqualin said:

I was only stating what I do in that situation not recommending, I’ve used ozone for years, worked for a fire and flood restoration company for a bit. 

I work with ozone almost every day, it's part of our cleaning process. At home I have a dual plate 10,000 mg/hr unit.  Here's a link for a newer version of what I use. 

https://foreverozone.com/product/10000-mg-h-bare-bones-ozone-generator/

• Like 1