•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

I was dreading this one, his songs have been in my heart since I graduated high school in 1971, John's first album. To one of my music / American heroes, so glad I got to meet you in person. My heart goes out to your family and friends! RIP John Prine! Thanks for the memories!

665444294_ROMP201506_26_2015-334.thumb.jpg.77c7377efbd78d1c7d3a0e4925438bba.jpg

• Like 5
  • Sad 3

Man I just read he passed. He was a blistering poet, song writer, and many other things. Man, his work just attacks your heart, mind, with a profound hammer. Such a loss, rest easy JP.

• Like 2

Charlotte Figi passed as well, the little Colorado angel who inspired Charlotte's web :( Breaks my heart

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, baqualin said:

I was dreading this one, his songs have been in my heart since I graduated high school in 1971, John's first album. To one of my music / American heroes, so glad I got to meet you in person. My heart goes out to your family and friends! RIP John Prine! Thanks for the memories!

665444294_ROMP201506_26_2015-334.thumb.jpg.77c7377efbd78d1c7d3a0e4925438bba.jpg

I, too, graduated in 71.   Thanks for the souvenirs, John, your leaving us too soon is a tough one.  Grace and peace to your family.  

• Like 4

I got to see John Prine live once and it was all you would have wanted it to be. It's been so long I can't remember where I saw him. I's really sad, he was only 73 I believe. I guess he had neck cancer for a while and I hadn't known that. He was definitely one of the big ones because his sound was completely unique. RIP JP, and thanks for the entertainment in all of those weed sessions back in the day.

• Like 1

I could get used to the mask thing!:rofl

889A3886-3A61-4DB9-A825-0077D960E686.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

we actually got a Vermummungsverbot (masking ban)...wearing a facemask would be a violation...kinda

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

That's what happens when you cut high school health ed. classes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, saxo said:

we actually got a Vermummungsverbot (masking ban)...wearing a facemask would be a violation...kinda

Suddenly those burkas don't seem like such a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

John Prine

A look back at the esteemed personalities who left us this year, who'd touched us with their innovation, creativity and humanity.

By CBSNews.com senior producer David Morgan. The Associated Press contributed to this gallery.

Sometimes my ol' heart is like a washing machine
It bounces around 'til my soul comes clean
And when I'm clean and hung out to dry
I'm gonna make you laugh until you cry.

A songwriter revered by other songwriters, John Prine (October 10, 1946-April 7, 2020) grew up on the outskirts of Chicago, and after a stint in the Army, he became a mailman, writing songs as he delivered letters. He was just 23 when he performed at a local coffee house one night in 1970, and got really lucky. "Roger Ebert from Chicago Sun-Times stopped by," Prine told Anthony Mason for "Sunday Morning" in 2018. "And instead of writing about the movie that he walked out on, he wrote about me. 'Singing Mail Man Delivers The Message.' And from that day on I didn't have an empty seat!"

Prine's eponymous debut album, in 1971, became an instant classic, with songs like "Sam Stone," "Paradise," and "Your Flag Decal Won't Get You Into Heaven Anymore."

He twice survived cancer, including a squamous cell cancer in 1998, which cost him the ability to sing for a year following surgery. But his recording output, though under the radar to many, was prodigious. Over five decades he released 18 studio albums and four live recordings. His most recent, 2018's "The Tree of Forgiveness," debuted at #5 on the Billboard charts.

Prine won two Grammys, for Best Contemporary Folk Album ("The Missing Years" and "Fair & Square"), and received a lifetime achievement Grammy earlier this year.

In the song "When I Get to Heaven" Prine wrote:

When I get to Heaven I'm gonna shake God's hand
Thank him for more blessings
Than one man can stand
Then I'm gonna get a guitar and start a rock 'n' roll band
Check into a swell hotel
Ain't the afterlife grand!

• Like 4

Happy Good Friday

The World could use a Miracle.

For us the Highest day of the year

I bid you all His Peace

• Like 2

They deemed garden centers non essential, that is really wack. All these garden centers have plants ready for folks planting, and they can not sell them. Landscaping non essential, those who are disabled and do not own lawnmowers or who can not, are shit out of luck. No craft items, no paint.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

They deemed garden centers non essential, that is really wack...

You still don't get it, do you?

Happy Easter Holidays to U all !!!

easter20.thumb.JPG.fd74ab83ae1a2aa74f7362cee324acf1.JPG

Take Care & Stay Healthy :)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, saxo said:

Happy Easter Holidays to U all !!!

easter20.thumb.JPG.fd74ab83ae1a2aa74f7362cee324acf1.JPG

Take Care & Stay Healthy :)

You too brother, cheers!

And the rest of OpG:yummy:

• Like 2

Folks are buying pot right now like they hoarded TP< the growers are running out! lol Like a crazy dream, we were not prepared for. I might run out!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I was given these so what the hell

I was planning on doing some to attract bees

20200410_202409.jpg

• Like 2