•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

1 hour ago, gardenartus said:

They are getting college degrees in cannabis, the book read is trying to teach those that actually do and not just read ;)

I can't wait to tell one of them, "You're over-watering."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I have had many a dispensary worker try to tell me how cannabis is.  The person does not know who I am.  Let's just say.  I just laugh internally and hope the patients get lucky.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Hempyfan said:

I have had many a dispensary worker try to tell me how cannabis is.  The person does not know who I am.  Let's just say.  I just laugh internally and hope the patients get lucky.

I had a young one tell me I was not treating my patients correctly if I didn't teach them it is cultivars, not strains lol I asked, have you ever treated a patient, Crickets :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/18/2020 at 5:04 PM, saxo said:

thats a nice lookin Trumpet!

The trumpet fell off, shortly after I pollinated it.

large.DSC_4830.JPG.9920663d6aff91fafaa3e

But this time the base of the flower stayed on.

large.DSC_4831.JPG.4739e25079fa9e45f0758

So I think it worked, and this will become the "thorn apple".

On 12/23/2020 at 4:48 AM, Shoeless said:

Nice triploid. What's the strain?

I would not call it triploid, as I am not able to count it's chromosomes.

Misterdirt is right, that is called a whorled phyllotaxy.

The trait often fades away as the plant becomes mature.

It's a cross I made between two cultivars. Probably polyhybrid.

Looks like "wide leaf drug type" to me.

But I lost the label. it's one in a group of sixteen plants that I recently started.

I'll show it again when it has made it's next pair of leafs.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hempyfan said:

I was traveling through Massachusetts back in February, had a look at the Weedmaps app and found a recreational dispensary along the route I was taking. The bud tender was directing me away from the high potency strains, telling me I was just going to fall asleep. So I told her I needed a lot of sleep. Now give me that sleepy Durban Poison cross already.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

My doc is educated, he is really cool, he plays a little game. Some patients are rec but play medical, he asked them questions like so you have anxiety what type do you use, he said when the guy said Sativa, he wanted to be a game show host and squawk the horn, wrong! He says he does not say a thing, just makes mental notes :) I have to go see him soon, and see how he liked the goodies I gave him last time. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, gardenartus said:

My doc is educated, he is really cool, he plays a little game. Some patients are rec but play medical, he asked them questions like so you have anxiety what type do you use, he said when the guy said Sativa, he wanted to be a game show host and squawk the horn, wrong! He says he does not say a thing, just makes mental notes :) I have to go see him soon, and see how he liked the goodies I gave him last time. 

I have to say that the sativa-indica "scale" is no longer very useful. It used to be that sativas all had a speedy thing going, and would not be a good choice for anxiety. That just isn't the case anymore. I seek out the hi-paranoia strains and they're not easy to find. Sativas, these days, have been sanitized for your protection.

I would say most of Dynasty's sativas could be used to treat anxiety, as can many sativas with a orange scent. There's a sativa I tried from a dispensary, called Tranquil Moments, which is quite friendly and calming.

Anyway, I can offer up a few sativa dom strains that would work for anxiety.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On Sannie's site I read:

The cannabis plants all have male and female chromosomes which means that both male and female genes are present...

Is there any proof of that, or did he make it up?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, gardenartus said:

One that comes to mind is when I had a dispensary person tell me that there was no difference between sativa and indica.  It has to do with shelf life and the older the date more indica affect.  So they recommended middle aged weed.  :whistling

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, FoolOnTheHill said:

On Sannie's site I read:

The cannabis plants all have male and female chromosomes which means that both male and female genes are present...

Is there any proof of that, or did he make it up?

This article makes it clear as mud:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10681-004-4758-7

One one hand, they are saying that sex is determined by X and Y chromosomes, but those chromosomes may not be set at the creation of the seed, but at some time before the fourth node appears.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, gardenartus said:

OK — found an article in my new favoritest-ever scientific journal. It looks like potency, not indica/sativa that is important.

https://jcannabisresearch.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s42238-020-00051-z

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misterdirt said:

OK — found an article in my new favoritest-ever scientific journal. It looks like potency, not indica/sativa that is important.

https://jcannabisresearch.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s42238-020-00051-z

I don't completely agree with this study, I have treated too many patients and eye witnessed the relief, and the issues. Some simply can not use a lot of THC< rather it be indica or sativa, it will set off anxiety and panic disorders. One of the things I found, just add in a nice amount of CBD, one to one is best, to be able to use enough THC to find relief, without anxiety or panic. We can't stick all into one model and expect it to work.

And when they add this part at the end, my head went sideways " In conclusion, while the clinical drawbacks of using cannabis can include the potential for dependence and addiction and increased risks of motor vehicle accidents,"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Misterdirt said:

One one hand, they are saying that sex is determined by X and Y chromosomes, but those chromosomes may not be set at the creation of the seed, but at some time before the fourth node appears.

If that is true, and if Sannie's statement is true, the making of feminized Cannabis seeds would not be possible.

The article you quote is sixteen years old, btw.

Maybe the modern gene mapping methods have found new information?

• Like 1

On 12/23/2020 at 11:52 PM, gardenartus said:

I do THC at 200 for 20 minutes and at 220 for one hour, then CBD the same but for 2 hours. Oddorked in this study, I wonder if they took it longer what the numbers would be. CBG is a funny one, sneaky gal, turns on ya lol.

Thanks for sharing @gardenartus I've been decarbing with differents temps, times, weed, shatter, oven, stove etc for years with mixed results.. Gonna give this procedure a try :)

• Like 2

Been using an Insta-pot to decarb.

Started at the recommended 40 minutes.

When I did the boil-off, I noted "tiny bubbles".

So, did the next batch at 42 minutes.

Less CO2 at the end.

This batch will run for 45 minutes. V-shell-C. :D

• Like 1

Someone starting talking to me about decarb times on another forum, this one blows me away. https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/news/scientists-pinpoint-ideal-decarboxylation-conditions-to-maximize-thc-and-cbd-312843?fbclid=IwAR0ARMmuMDWn22tllG5k5YsQFap96PNOrvThRMZCpGT9YLhrvPGx64EFrcw

Over 300 temp, like 7 minutes for THC, and 25 HOURS for CBD!!!!!!

• Like 2

On 12/16/2020 at 1:28 PM, gardenartus said:

I am the last of my immediate family. It kind of feels a bit surreal lol Like I am the lone strain now ha ha

We want to b around a LONG TIME..

Hoping everything is ok and .Wishing u and yours a Happy and Prosperous NEW YEAR..

• Like 3

12 hours ago, bigun said:

We want to b around a LONG TIME..

Hoping everything is ok and .Wishing u and yours a Happy and Prosperous NEW YEAR..

I hope you are too dear, Happy New Year to you and the Misses :)

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, FoolOnTheHill said:

So I think it worked, and this will become the "thorn apple".

Ja,looks like it works!  i´m guessing the apple comes out like this......

stechi.png.e4372e9ef8255a793e7509ceb734283b.png

.....my Neighbors "Apples" did look like this ones. with this short,dull spikes....not the sharp pointed thornes,we got on our local ones.....

image.thumb.png.62ba800d2f37900a7df60f0726539bbf.png

• Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, Misterdirt said:

On 12/28/2020 at 4:27 AM, Misterdirt said:

It doesn't matter how old an article is, unless it's been refuted.

Phylos project says it can do a sex test just seven days after germination.

https://phylos.bio/plant-sex-test

Our DNA-based method identifies the Y chromosome, making it possible to identify males at the seedling stage.

Again, at Sannie's site I read:

On Sannie's site I read:

I find that a lot of growers use terms incorrectly. They learned what they know about biology through experience and self-directed study. You'll have to ask Sannie exactly what he means.

Environment sure seems to have an influence on the male/female ratio of seedlings. If it's too hot, I get mostly males. If temperatures are moderate or low, or if there is a source of ethylene, I get mostly females. This is not just a phenomenon that I noticed. Are you sure the sex of every seed is determined when an ovule is pollenated?

The Phylos site does not address the apparent malleable nature of seedling sex at the earliest stages. Is temperature and ethylene treatment an old wive's tale? Maybe it is, but you're not going to find out by perusing the Phylos site. The site doesn't even have a page of citations for their methods.