•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

On 12/26/2020 at 9:44 AM, FoolOnTheHill said:

So I think it worked, and this will become the "thorn apple".

Ja,looks like it works!  i´m guessing the apple comes out like this......

stechi.png.e4372e9ef8255a793e7509ceb734283b.png

.....my Neighbors "Apples" did look like this ones. with this short,dull spikes....not the sharp pointed thornes,we got on our local ones.....

image.thumb.png.62ba800d2f37900a7df60f0726539bbf.png

• Like 2

On 12/27/2020 at 3:27 PM, Misterdirt said:

This article makes it clear as mud:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10681-004-4758-7

One one hand, they are saying that sex is determined by X and Y chromosomes, but those chromosomes may not be set at the creation of the seed, but at some time before the fourth node appears.

On 12/28/2020 at 4:27 AM, Misterdirt said:

It doesn't matter how old an article is, unless it's been refuted.

Phylos project says it can do a sex test just seven days after germination.

https://phylos.bio/plant-sex-test

Our DNA-based method identifies the Y chromosome, making it possible to identify males at the seedling stage.

Again, at Sannie's site I read:

On Sannie's site I read:

The cannabis plants all have male and female chromosomes which means that both male and female genes are present... 

I find that a lot of growers use terms incorrectly. They learned what they know about biology through experience and self-directed study. You'll have to ask Sannie exactly what he means.

Environment sure seems to have an influence on the male/female ratio of seedlings. If it's too hot, I get mostly males. If temperatures are moderate or low, or if there is a source of ethylene, I get mostly females. This is not just a phenomenon that I noticed. Are you sure the sex of every seed is determined when an ovule is pollenated?

The Phylos site does not address the apparent malleable nature of seedling sex at the earliest stages. Is temperature and ethylene treatment an old wive's tale? Maybe it is, but you're not going to find out by perusing the Phylos site. The site doesn't even have a page of citations for their methods.

For Americans, they deposited that 600 stimulus check into my account today, can not be used until the 4th, but might want to check your banking accounts.

• Like 3

On 12/30/2020 at 5:29 AM, Misterdirt said:

I find that a lot of growers use terms incorrectly. They learned what they know about biology through experience and self-directed study. You'll have to ask Sannie exactly what he means.

Environment sure seems to have an influence on the male/female ratio of seedlings. If it's too hot, I get mostly males. If temperatures are moderate or low, or if there is a source of ethylene, I get mostly females. This is not just a phenomenon that I noticed. Are you sure the sex of every seed is determined when an ovule is pollenated?

The Phylos site does not address the apparent malleable nature of seedling sex at the earliest stages. Is temperature and ethylene treatment an old wive's tale? Maybe it is, but you're not going to find out by perusing the Phylos site. The site doesn't even have a page of citations for their methods.

The Phylos program has been a cluster fuck.

• Like 1

I know at times folks don't see what I type. But I seriously would like to mention again, I had Covid earlier this year, it was pretty bad for a few weeks, but what was worse was the long-haulers after, finally, a few weeks ago I got my energy back, brain fog is still bad. I can watch a movie I have seen before, and not remember it. 

Why I mention this, I believe, why I made it through this, I eat cannabis daily, both THC and CBD, am on Vit D daily, and a blood thinner. I think to fight Covid, that might be the ticket, eat CBD and THC< take a natural blood thinner, such as nattokinase,  and Vit. D. Covid is causing blood clots as well.

• Like 2

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM COLORADO!!

Pikes Peak Add A Man fireworks 12_31_2020-23-Edit.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND WHISHING YOU ALL A HEALTHY, HAPPY AND SLEEPY 2021!

cannabis_grower_new_years_resolutions.png

:spliff::spliff:           :spliff::spliff::spliff:

• Like 8

it is a new age wether any of you like it or not     -        REALITY.

7 hours ago, sunstone said:

it is a new age wether any of you like it or not     -        REALITY.

I see it

Bad bad moon rises

To many mullets

Were screwed

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toker said:

Well the grand solar minimum pleases the ducks anyway

Ponds where once There Were fields

Food gonna be a bitch in 2021

Well they are having fun! My backyard floods out too, have ducks come, why I am gonna have to do a grow on my deck! ha!

• Like 2

On 12/29/2020 at 8:39 PM, saxo said:

Ja,looks like it works!  i´m guessing the apple comes out like this......

stechi.png.e4372e9ef8255a793e7509ceb734283b.png

.....my Neighbors "Apples" did look like this ones. with this short,dull spikes....not the sharp pointed thornes,we got on our local ones.....

image.thumb.png.62ba800d2f37900a7df60f0726539bbf.png

Looks great, how they taste? :popcorn:

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2020 at 8:34 AM, webeblzr said:

I only exchanged a few emails with Bog, long ago, well before his beans were in a shop. Such a very nice guy. Very sad day for his fam.

i was saddened by the news. i didn't know him personally but mole and him were friends way bag on overgrow. mole always told me yo work with his sour bubble strain. took me years to get some in the vault. 1st grabbed repros and then got some direct from bog too.

he seemed nice enough. he also wasn't as honest back in the day as old stories tell it. yet, he persisted and solidified a positive reputation based on his gear offerings. in the vault was UC x Sour Bubble white immature. pretty sure they didn't germ for me and some might have been gifted as well but might have more to try.

had his sweet cindy x juliet and sweet cindy 99F2's. i think i gave @Mr Goodfellow SC x Juliet and kept the others. i'll repro anything good that comes from what i have and share them .

BUSHY OLD GROWER thanks dude for your presence with us. sincere condolences to MRS. BOG and family/friends.

On 12/27/2020 at 9:27 AM, Misterdirt said:

This article makes it clear as mud:

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10681-004-4758-7

One one hand, they are saying that sex is determined by X and Y chromosomes, but those chromosomes may not be set at the creation of the seed, but at some time before the fourth node appears.

which seems to be inline with the methods used to try to induce seeds to be female. also in the new tech to ID sex early on which is targeted t commercial growers mainly. imho we nor commercial growers need bother, based on the ease of sexing. ijs

i think it was dutch passion back in the day who put out methods to increase females in seeds and then after awhile others mentioned their methods/other methods designed to do do the same. my recall is bad = get out of jail free card lol. yup just thought that up. maybe this warriors tonic helped that idea manifest. idk ha

On 12/26/2020 at 11:50 AM, Misterdirt said:

I have to say that the sativa-indica "scale" is no longer very useful. It used to be that sativas all had a speedy thing going, and would not be a good choice for anxiety. That just isn't the case anymore. I seek out the hi-paranoia strains and they're not easy to find. Sativas, these days, have been sanitized for your protection.

I would say most of Dynasty's sativas could be used to treat anxiety, as can many sativas with a orange scent. There's a sativa I tried from a dispensary, called Tranquil Moments, which is quite friendly and calming.

Anyway, I can offer up a few sativa dom strains that would work for anxiety.

i concur and ironically there were always sativas that helped us with anxiety. the jamaican stuff was ex excellent for that imho. loved it's relaxing calm feeling they induced. like u had no more cares/troubles. that's why i still want to go there to hunt the blue skunk, wicked chocolate and two more. they are near the bob marley museum area. 

with that said i've heard many of the  more racy/paranoid sats are still available based on posts i've run across last year alone. so as usual it's a matter of access but seed banks do seem to carry a few. sorry i can't recall what offerings/where. 

many of the sat doms i've puffed last year were more head thumpers imho. even to the point where i didn't like them that much because of it. cookie dawg thumped me good and after a cfew weeks it's now pretty comfortable and i can puff 1/2 a joint no problem.

the pre 2k blueberry is the most excellent of all with the perfect head feeling and mood enhancer imho similar to the lambs bread in effects. the colombian samples i puffed via keyplay were calm and serene and my 1st clear highs. i could see keeping that in my stash for certain occasions mos def.  based on flower times a couple seeds will get 12/12 treatment if i get to them.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 11:53 AM, gardenartus said:

I agree, we have basically about bred that out of the plants, with all the hybrids, hard to find a really good quality Sativa.

clean ur inbox = news related to old and the above. ha 

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 10:22 AM, Misterdirt said:

OK — found an article in my new favoritest-ever scientific journal. It looks like potency, not indica/sativa that is important.

https://jcannabisresearch.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s42238-020-00051-z

created new BOOK mark for such pages/info and added the above home page too. thx. for sharing dude.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2020 at 3:07 PM, FoolOnTheHill said:

If that is true, and if Sannie's statement is true, the making of feminized Cannabis seeds would not be possible.

The article you quote is sixteen years old, btw.

Maybe the modern gene mapping methods have found new information?

i don't get how you make that conclusion . i see nothing that would prevent fem seeds based on said info. ijs the sex is already determined when you try to reverse a female. doing a genetic forcing so to speak isn't dependent/related to the natural start of seeds ijs.  

On 12/27/2020 at 12:07 PM, Sanji said:

"My mind’s a prison with divine bars
They don’t see the vision, they busy punching their time cards"

who is they ?

On 12/28/2020 at 7:55 PM, gardenartus said:

Someone starting talking to me about decarb times on another forum, this one blows me away. https://www.analyticalcannabis.com/news/scientists-pinpoint-ideal-decarboxylation-conditions-to-maximize-thc-and-cbd-312843?fbclid=IwAR0ARMmuMDWn22tllG5k5YsQFap96PNOrvThRMZCpGT9YLhrvPGx64EFrcw

Over 300 temp, like 7 minutes for THC, and 25 HOURS for CBD!!!!!!

how does that compare to what you currently do ? also i meant to ask you when you harvest your plants that are cbd cultivars like the perkins cut for instance. do you vary the harvest time  based on medicinal goals and if so how/why. i see the info that says harvest cbd plants earlier than typical harvest times. thx.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2020 at 10:34 AM, gardenartus said:

For Americans, they deposited that 600 stimulus check into my account today, can not be used until the 4th, but might want to check your banking accounts.

i need mine to pay myself back for the 420 i bought. need to start another vet fund for a new dog i want. i don't check my account and let the stimulus surprise me lol. they sent a letter after the last one was in the acct for quite some time.  congrats

• Like 1