•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

So moving right along

My welshies are all grow and been laying well for winter.

I getting the ball rolling on being able to mail eggs

Eating eggs are 8 a dozen

Hatchers even more

28 days or so from now we see if tokers still got it.

Been years since i did this

Now its digital and a humidity display

In the 90s ya had to use old school tools

20210110_074636.jpg

20210110_074706.jpg

• Like 1

Spider Farmer seems to be popular on other sites. They use quality components.

I got an HLG kit for $607 that is going to replace my 1000W HPS, though I'm interested in seeing how it changes the temperature in the tent.

• Like 2

This one Spider Farmer is enough to cover a 5x5 room, it is really bright!!!! 4k. The Skys, had to buy two to cover that amount of area, those dropped my electric 100 a month.

• Like 3

A guy on another site, who grew organic soil, until recently, said he thinks LEDs create a bigger demand for nutrients in the plant, and he doesn't think organic soil can supply those nutrients quickly enough. I guess I'll find out, soon enough.

I have a couple of gallons of Urban Farm nutrients (the vegetable fert and Garden of Eden) so I can supplement, if necessary.

I used to use Canna's organic line, to supplement during flower, but a lot of plants seem to show P deficiencies. Purple stems, purple veins — yikes.

I've never used living soil but my friend had that issue as well, I am not sure but I think he did end up supplementing. I remember he was a bit confused on what to do, because the living soil folks say no no no. But I think he did, cause I remember he had yellow leaves going on. I'll ask and see what he did.

Edit, he said they suggested molasses and some other things like that.

Love molasses!  Not sure it does anything, but grandma used it, and grandmas know stuff.  Actually, lots of evidence it’s great for the soil leprechauns that make soil work. 

When I started, I’d bubble molasses and guano s overnight to get the bugs going before watering with it.  Forgot about that.  

Ive found bigger plants will deplete the soil over a grow cycle, unless I’m using really large containers.  But nothing gives a great fade like guanos .  

• Like 2

On 1/7/2021 at 10:18 PM, Hamme Hydro said:

If you want to be paranoia go to a party with some anusholes in their car and smoke a pure joint of Amnesia.

Smoke to much Amnesia and you’ll be paranoid. With or without people lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I do not use molasses in large amounts when I mix up a liquid nourishment for the girls. I really do not measure it per se, but I know a couple of glugs is tablespoonish, maybe a tad over, IDK exactly. I mix that into about 9-10 gallons of water/tea, I have a well, so no worry of water sanitizing stuff in it. Maybe it just feeds the gnats.

• Haha 1

i'll start backwards with molasses. i used in the past on the regular. yet, used it mixed in water only and not when feeding with nutes. back then i payed more attention to typical feed schedules based on if the plants kept looking lush and i never maxed out nutrients. i will go back to that in the soon to come grow.

@gardenartus from reading threads of the TLO experts on various sites new folks get confused and jump in with less than optimal knowledge. they usually screw up because in TLO you aren't feeding the plant, you are feeding the soil and the life it contains. the plant just takes advantage and thrives. at least that is what i have understood thus far.  Also reusing soil doesn't become an issue for those experienced in replenishing theirs. easiest way to use soil is by being the typical fert type grower imho = deplete the soil/pro mix and flush. then go back to adding nutes as usual regardless of teas/organics/chemicals .

Note: anyone want add too or correct me please speak up about the soil stuff  just mentioned

So far as LED's making the plants use more nutes is concerned. = just my logic says that if the plants are getting a more usable spectrum of light, it should naturally make them grow better and use more nutes by default . ijs addressing organic feeding would to me simply mean they get a higher concentration of organic nutes to adjust to the higher nute requirements. i imagine there would be a learning curve if using TLO and coming from standard HID's . imho those organic nute/soil masters learning curve wouldn't last more than two runs i imagine based on their superior knowledge and experience most growers lack.

So, made it back to LEDS and as i told @gardenartus i would be right behind her, that time has come now. pulled the trigger not long ago. and came in under the stimulus amt too. which will help me pay for beans i already made a commitment to buy. Ha   thx. sistah for the catalyst to get where i needed to be on lights. 

$518.50 shipping included = https://www.budgetgrowlights.com/collections/lighting-for-large-sized-grow-spaces-4-x-4-or-larger/products/series-3-lm301h-500-watt-dimmable-grow-light

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gardenartus said:

The Spider Farmers uses Samsung diodes too SPW :) I think you will like growing under them.

yes, i saw they did and i looked at their fancy page today. but when i saw the reviews on amazon awhile back i ran for the hills as usual. granted some of them are knock offs likely but i don't trust big ticket items on amazon at all.  so i went for veteran owned and lesser cost than hlg's close version that i wouldn't be able to take full advantage of in a tent anyway.  also because their refurbished units only had a 1 yr warranty with hlg and i didn't like the idea of being given a refurbished unit that i wouldn't be able to tell was refurbished most likely. i didn't want to risk that so i eliminated the possibility.

so i'll be able to use the 600 hps and led once i get organized. i'm going to have to offer some bud up to fund a new dog and emergency vet bill for it and work on getting a scooter/electric moped i've been peeping for the last 2/3 yrs. the wheels will let me hunt outdoor spots without depending on sporadic a drivers sporadic schedule that might not meet my needs. 

so i'm satisfied with my purchase choice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

yes, i saw they did and i looked at their fancy page today. but when i saw the reviews on amazon awhile back i ran for the hills as usual. granted some of them are knock offs likely but i don't trust big ticket items on amazon at all.  so i went for veteran owned and lesser cost than hlg's close version that i wouldn't be able to take full advantage of in a tent anyway.  also because their refurbished units only had a 1 yr warranty with hlg and i didn't like the idea of being given a refurbished unit that i wouldn't be able to tell was refurbished most likely. i didn't want to risk that so i eliminated the possibility.

so i'll be able to use the 600 hps and led once i get organized. i'm going to have to offer some bud up to fund a new dog and emergency vet bill for it and work on getting a scooter/electric moped i've been peeping for the last 2/3 yrs. the wheels will let me hunt outdoor spots without depending on sporadic a drivers sporadic schedule that might not meet my needs. 

so i'm satisfied with my purchase choice.

Pssst, I am not sure which one you looked at on Amazon, the one I bought is from Spider Farm Store, and has awesome reviews. :) Cool, glad you like what you bought, I think I will be happy with this one too.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gardenartus said:

Pssst, I am not sure which one you looked at on Amazon, the one I bought is from Spider Farm Store, and has awesome reviews. :) Cool, glad you like what you bought, I think I will be happy with this one too.

looked at amazon awhile back after a grower on IG talked them up a bit. but i figured it was because he was sponsored. they sell them as a vendor on one of the boards if i recall. i just looked at their actual site yesterday and i too will be happy they turn out for you as well as others.

just spent 5 minutes looking for the damn bucket and i figured out where it was. = less than 3ft away lol. easy floor to mop though simply green does a good job xtra cheap and safe for my furry family too.

went in 1/2 on a zip blue cookies and though I’m going to sit on it awhile it’s worth the coin MOs def. not the best bag appeal but it has good feel appeal ! 

Anyone know how to clean the screen of a kief box without fucking it up. alternative is how to secure a new screen and best place to get a couple. this has lasted 8 yrs or slghtly more since it was before i moved here that i won it on PG. Fuck are me and @webeblzr  the last overgrow to  planet ganja refugees here ? hmm somebody say it ain't so shout out please !

32DA0F7F-D48D-4ADD-9322-E570AE0EBD78.jpeg

• Like 2

Anyone know how to clean the screen of a kief box without fucking it up. alternative is how to secure a new screen and best place to get a couple. this has lasted 8 yrs or slghtly more since it was before i moved here that i won it on PG. Fuck are me and @webeblzr  the last overgrow to  planet ganja refugees here ? hmm :no somebody say it ain't so shout out please !

1 hour ago, Sacred Plant Warrior said:

Anyone know how to clean the screen of a kief box without fucking it up. alternative is how to secure a new screen and best place to get a couple. this has lasted 8 yrs or slghtly more since it was before i moved here that i won it on PG. Fuck are me and @webeblzr  the last overgrow to  planet ganja refugees here ? hmm :no somebody say it ain't so shout out please !

Would a toothbrush work?

Isopropyl alcohol will clean it and recover the resin. 'course, by now it will be mostly oxidized.

• Like 2