•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

I always go by pistils and trichs. When you buy seeds, the breeder gives days to finish, I am just curious if their day count starts at 12/12, or when they first see bud sites, cause the timing is all over the place. I just use it as a guide but we have a ton of new growers here and as you probably know, they use that as gold lol. I tell them just use it as a guide, go by pistils and trichs. But when you plan a garden out, and a new grower, would be nice to have more accurate harvest dates.

I am not sure the coffee grounds will do the trick, but the ferts seem almost spot on, so don't want to risk burning them with too many nutes. As I say not sure if nitrogen or magnesium, leaning toward mag because all over loss of color, no yellowing on the bottom leaves. Did not lower PH, I am running about 6.2 so they could handle a touch lower, but coffee did not take it too low, seems to be about the same. Give it about a week and see if it makes a difference. Seems when it rains it lowers the ferts, so I am having to feed more. All so new to me growing outdoors in nature, new learning curve. :)

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gardenartus said:

I am not sure the coffee grounds will do the trick, but the ferts seem almost spot on, so don't want to risk burning them with too many nutes. As I say not sure if nitrogen or magnesium, leaning toward mag because all over loss of color, no yellowing on the bottom leaves. Did not lower PH, I am running about 6.2 so they could handle a touch lower, but coffee did not take it too low, seems to be about the same. Give it about a week and see if it makes a difference. Seems when it rains it lowers the ferts, so I am having to feed more. All so new to me growing outdoors in nature, new learning curve. :)

What san said

I dont think they can do more

So many factors influence outcomes

Trichs tell the story

• Like 1

My turkeys my sweety gave me

Man she spolied them

They follow me like children

But its fun and now my burbon red hen

Has a male poor  girl sits on ground

With butt up in air and no boy turkey

Ya think a rooster help her out

They jump everything lol

Anyway my heritage turkeys

No freaks here

They can fly and mate

Me thinks gonna be a brawl with the wild ones in spring

Cant wait

Love to watch gobblers

Thomas

Timmy

Tiffany

And Jenny

About 12 weeks old

Thomissaina my burbon red

And the gooses

20210723_070022.jpg

20210723_070114.jpg

20210527_073348.jpg

20210613_101025.jpg

• Like 1

Nice looking birds there Toker. Yea for sure, too many variables, too many new growers too that do not seem to know what a book is. ;)

• Thanks 1

When I lived in NC, I remember listening to some show on NPR where they were talking to a farmer about the different heritage turkeys out there, and how they were different than the mass produced kind. Then I moved and never got a chance to try them out. Sure sounded good, though.

• Like 1

The coffee grounds were a success, took the fading right out. All nice and green again. I didn't let them go too far before I treated them with something, but that was a pretty quick result.

• Like 2

WOW ground hogs in a Mulberry tree, I wonder if they are collecting leaves for their silk worm operation?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Decided to put netting on the plants, and attach it to the ceiling with s hooks and string. Think it will work.

plants netting on gg and alien 8 6 21.jpg

Plants are getting huge! Slow down and just put bud out now please ladies :)

plants from right 8 6 21.jpg

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, webeblzr said:

WOW ground hogs in a Mulberry tree, I wonder if they are collecting leaves for their silk worm operation?

That is funny, it seems all the wildlife love the Mulberries, from deer to squirrels, even the rabbits eat them.

• Like 1

Excited, my friend ended up monster-cropping couple DJ Blueberry for me, was not sure they would root, They have Roots! I love DJ's blueberry and am so tickled to get it back.

• Like 1

I picked up this expensive natural stuff for bugs, Azera. Kills every pest we have to deal with, thrips, aphids, whitefly, spider mites, borers, caterpillars, springtails, the list goes on and on. Spraying outdoors is no issue, it is pretty sensitive to indoor lighting so have to turn lights off indoors. You have to be careful of bees, water runoff, but otherwise pretty safe.  Well, there are dead thrip flies all over the plants, that stuff works. I never see those flies, unless stuck to buds gross ha! That stuff must kill on contact, kills all stages. Expensive but worth it.

Did a boo-boo, thought I had put out the Black Cherry without taking clones, so took them, brought them indoors, DOH, there must have been thrips. Dang things take over in no time.

azera-32_t_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pyrethrin & azadiracthtin = the best indeed.
that's supergood advice here, thank you GA!

nothing helps better than nature herself :)

Neem Tree Growth And Care - Learn About Neem Tree Benefits And Uses

Chrysanthemen pflanzen, pflegen und überwintern - Mein schöner Garten

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OMG!! These space invades are driving me far deeper into bat shit crazy, than I've been in a while!! They are super good dudes for sure. Very respectful, to neighbors, with trucks coming and going, blocking the road way, to unload trailers, with materials or equipment.

It is so loud while they skin the bricks off the back wall. I'm glad my wife went on vacation with her family, as I skinned the 50's paneling off the basement walls, and scrapped that dry lock shit off, and repainted them.

I am feeling all of my almost 65 years of life, sore, but happy and dazed.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I am telling ya, old age is Not for Wimps! When I was in my 20s and pregnant, on total bed rest high risk, road construction out front of my house, no air, 90 degrees, loud and dusty, I about went insane.

• Like 1

I pushed this to see how much medicine I could infuse into these 3D Doritos, they are 20mg each! Those could get someone in trouble, you can not taste anything but the Doritos. 

infused doritos 20mg each.jpg

• Like 7