•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

I saw a you tube yesterday, I'll see if I can find it. So many of them FOTH. I'm a total novice to orchids, so still learning.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webeblzr said:

Phalaenopsis: just some beauty, in our stark reality...for now.

I never even had an eye for these things. I went with my wife to a local nursery, looking for a gift for an old dear friend. We know she does have an eye for orchids, these were $25.00 a pair, or buy one get one free. H'mm free tickles me a bit, and I know wifey needs to see something other than plumber butt, ladder acrobats and the thousand questions that arise during a major construction thingy. Our freaking refrigerator is in the living room, all I need is a crapper LazyBoy, and I'll feel like I'm in the movie Idiocracy!!

We bought these last week, and I did add the 3 ice cubes Dr.Internet suggested. Today, the real Dr.Internet spoke up, and said, orchids from mass producers will be in crappy pots, then in a drainless pot, and never add ice cubes to water your orchids.

So I gutted them, poked holes with my wood burner, in the very tight plastic pot, dunked them in some ReCharge, a tiny pinch of it, placed them back into drainless pot sitting on some rock.

If I do not murder these, I'm going to seek out more, clone them, and fill an old 4x8 tent, I was going to dump. A new hobby for retirement!! Enjoy!!

9 7 2021 001.JPG

9 7 2021 002.JPG

9 7 2021 003.JPG

9 7 2021 004.JPG

9 7 2021 005.JPG

9 7 2021 006.JPG

Those are stunning.

• Like 1

Duh foolish

Hehe

You know he was being snide

Right?

"Like other plants, you can clone orchids through a method called propagation. Mix a solution of 1 part bleach to 3 parts water and use it to clean the razor blade or knife you're using to cut the orchid stem and the pots that the new orchids are being planted in."Jul 21, 2017

He was to lazy to Google

This

Tissue culture, or micropropagation, is the standard commercial way of cloning orchids. It's hard to do at home because you need sterile conditions. Although cells from almost anywhere in an orchid plant can be cultured to produce a new plant, shoot tip cells are usually taken.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, FOTH amuses me. I love their grafting skills.

I knew exactly what they were on about, that was why I picked one UT that called it cloning.

I've been reading for about 10 days now, NOT constantly, but when I find something my wee mind can grasp.

I'm learning orchids are not the fragile plant I'd always have thought of them. Fugging tree huggers!! Who Knew? 

Once I murder a few Phal's, I'll buy another PHENO, and clone them!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webeblzr said:

Fugging tree huggers!! Who Knew?

large.DSC_5263orch.JPG.4b1e285eeb87d77c1
large.DSC_5261oo.JPG.22bcea100a8401c9881
Mine grow on a tree top. I did not buy them, they are rescued from the garbage. Good luck at cloning them, because you need a lot of luck. A lot!
  • Like 1

Hey FOTH, failure is only when you do not try a thing.

Stunning display!! Ok I'll never be that good, and I'm very comfortable with that.

The orchids in temperate zones can be delicate. Sure are a lot of rare/threatened ones.

Thank you FOTH!! I need all the luck I can get to start this clone empire.

[Sure are a lot of rare/threatened ones.]

Maybe that is why FOTH rescues them from garbage cans? I find that brilliant!! I wish I had eyes good enough to see through the sides of the cans!

Or what pick up every lid then lift and rummage? Nah, $12.50 a pop I can afford.

It certainly is not beneath me trash pick. I went dumpster diving on construction sites for useful cast away items, to build my first NewGanjaBoy stealth box, back in 2000, so yeah I get it. Saved me tons of money, all the stuff I rescued.

I’m too high to figure out who posted the orchids but they are gorgeous!  Ive tried to incorporate them into my pond theme in the past but never succeeded. 

• Like 2

I pulled my second batch of potato's from the 4- 10 gallon pots. I had some small petite potato's going south, well the eyes started to sprout, so since I had some old spent medium in 4 pots, I simply added some organic items, added a couple of scoops of some stuff from  the compost barrels, threw a girdle around them, and forgot about them, after I plopped them under the Rose Of Sharon, since it was start of heat of summer 70 days ago. 

So I'm going to try another batch, but with less soil from my garden or compost barrels. Seemed very wet in the very bottom of the pots as I dumped/plucked them in my wheel barrel. From 3-4 potatoes, cut in chunks, each with some sprouts poking out, each barrel got a 2-3 pieces. Not all produced, but I did get way more than I expected. We love potatoes, but started cutting back on them by buying the petites varieties. I did not weight these but they are in a 12  g saucer.

Enjoy the tribe of hillbilly potted potatoes. And the tomato groupie's that popped up from the medium.2061342273_9122021015.thumb.JPG.686f938d68cb7941c602d3ed1343ab70.JPG

9 12 2021 006.JPG

9 12 2021 012.JPG

9 12 2021 004.JPG

Edited by webeblzr
pic did not migrate
  • Like 2

Made and did my first wax dab

My rigs shit but now i know i like it

I spend more on a proper bong

But the pen with mods works

Holy shit

I think i can see smoking flowers fading

Away for me or diminishing somewhat

Tastes so good and hits ya hard

And long

Took a bit to teach myself but i got it

Thanks to some tubers 

• Like 1

Hey now Toker. Don't ditch the flower just yet. You may find your lungs feel little heavy doing dabs all the time, at least I did. As a matter of fact I just found a box with a bunch of different concentrates I'm had forgotten about,  probably a couple grams.

• Like 2

I am getting exhausted, have 3/4 of the oil run done, I have 960 grams so far, this is the largest run I have ever done. Think I am going to end up with about 1300 grams.

• Like 3

Hey GA, no I did not even think of canning some. Thanks!! That is probably more potato's than we will eat in a few months time. All for a few eye sprouts that would be composted. Sounds like a lot of work in the oil patch.

I always enjoy a few pulls of the concentrates, but I build up a tolerance very quick to it, so much so, that I'll usually smoke flower afterwards. It covers  you in places   when flower smoking is not going to work. But yeah, I'm a flower addict, not to all of them, just cannabis.

• Like 1

I don't smoke at all any longer, I cough up a lung on those dabs so stay clear of them. Been eating it, put me in remission with MS and a whole lot of other health benefits. I actually came to cannabis because of RLS and found all the other wonderful benefits, was able to drop 20 pharmie meds, got me out of a wheelchair and healed my brain from stroke damage.  :)

• Like 1

Anytime my wife does not eat either the green butter or add some Hemp Oil, I had run through the MBM with bud, she will have either or both RLS or night sweats with a side order of leg cramps!!

Smoking it helps her to get her mind calm, as she can be a worrier at times. But smoking does nothing for legs, RLS at all!

• Like 1

On 9/14/2021 at 8:41 PM, gardenartus said:

No doubt, smoking is nice for quick attitude adjustment or mild pain relief but the magic comes in when you eat it.

Wax....omg

Wax

Lol

• Haha 1

I finally got the oil run done, took me 3 weeks. Got 1346 grams back, one hell of a haul, I don't want to do oil again for a year ha!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Holy Moses, the gent just let me know he will have outdoor he wants me to run. So much for not doing any more oil for a year. I am gonna die from doing all this ha!

1346 grams of oil.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Getto wax

I need bags

First press approx 20 sec

Pardon my plant matter

Used a flat iron lol

Maybe a better tool?

Im such a self taught newb lol

C99 bud

Wax hits ya and then diminishes