•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

It is hot out today. Hot for here. Weather dot com says that it is 83 degrees. My personal thermometer (weather station actually) says that it is 88, with 30% RH. I know good many of you will tell me that is not that hot, but it is close to a 20 degree swing in temperature this week. I hope the plants appreciate it. I suspect all that tall grass around tempers the temperatures a small bit. I gave them a good feeding and watering today. Hopefully I will see some results soon.

Initially my plan was to re-pot these guys, and I may still do it. I am playing it by ear. This is not my property and the owners are kind of funny about growing weed. They visit some, and I have family around me a lot. I am can grow big outdoors, as long as I don't flaunt it. Generally nobody goes behind the chicken coop, hence the tall grass. However, people do go in and out of the coop to collect eggs and feed them. The one that goes out there the most is my nephew, the one that was jacking my stash for the past few months.

Today I just handed my nephew a little bud. I just said to him, "Ask and I may give you some". Making friends with this guy may go a long way, but many of you have been had by those you trusted, close friends and family. That is where the saying, "Tell No One" comes from. If that fucked jacked my weed we would have a family problem. Last time I played it cool, but in the future I won't.

So I have to use a shred of discretion with size. There are easily moveable right now and that is an asset. Even if I put them all in 5 gallon pots I can still move them. 5 gallons my have to be my limit. Keeping them in pots seems to be the best thing with all things considered. I believe I can get a 6 foot plant in a 5 gallon pot. It will be bushy and like a Christmas tree I image. With only 5 plants unsexed I may only get one female or none at all. Odds are 2 or 3 will be smoke. But two outdoor 6 footers could be 8 ounces of weed on the high end. Most of that would be made into hash anyway. That is what I prefer to smoke.

Since the plants will remain moveable in pots I ha

Group Shot, Five Kolossus Un-Sex'd at the moment.

gallery_7799_4972_1753675.jpg

If you look below the plant you will see some blackish goo on the top of the soil. That is the snail bait.

gallery_7799_4972_301682.jpg

• Like 3

Mr. D is right again- BT -the most useful and direct acting active ingredient in most good caterpillar killing sprays. I prefer the "Safer" brand line myself but if u know some organic farmers with vineyards or something u might find a pesticide which is industrial/organic & much cheaper with plain packaging that has BT in it.

You may know already, but outdoor cannabis does Not need an exact 12/12 for flower. As long as the plant is mature/old enough and has a quick enough flowering response you should already see preflowering pistils (like little white hairs) @ some or most of the higher branching nodes. Also, new branches will start growing staggered rather than directly oposite to each other on the stem. You will probably notice actual signs of flowering starting much much earlier than September. Maybe even the end of July or beg of August for the strain ur growing in ur location.

If you choose to grow outside in 5 gallon pots I would recommend opaque 5 gallon buckets with a white outside and minus the handle and multiple drilled holes in the bottom. Just remember. a big cannabis plant in a small bucket under summer sun can develop a huge root mass and needs a lot of water very regularly. You'll have to be able to water them almost every day during the heat of summer.

When everything works well for the plant, an 8 foot plant can, in the ground, yield much more than 8 ounces dried & trimmed. My hands are sore just thinking about the days of trimming come September & October. Maybe I should hire a couple of Labor Ready guys to help. :)

-Passion

• Like 2

Passion, that sounds like some good seasoned local advice. I really do appreciate it. Most of my outdoor plants have failed for one reason or another because I was not around them enough. That will not be the case this time. I have good soil here to plant them in, but I am wanting to keep my options open. I can probably just sit down and talk to the property owners, show them my license and see where it goes. Once I confront them the cat is out of the bag and they may tell someone else. The best thing is to just keep quiet about it and try to remain stealth. If they get too big I will put them in the earth. hopefully by then I will have sex'd them. I think next time I do an outdoor like this one I am planting female seeds. A lot less wasted time and money growing just want I want.

Thank you kindly passion. I was seeking help with my grow and you are a good source.

ran ole friend, I feel they do beter in the .ground. muy soil here is great.... black humus .lite high inph ut they sem to like it. if I can he yaagain my friedi am hr.

• Like 1

Passion and Bigun, under your advice I went out to my spot and put some weed block cover in some places that I can grow in the earth. Currently there is tall grass there. If I block the area for a couple of weeks it will kill the grass and in the meantime I may be able to find out who the girls are of the group. Once the grass is gone I can dig pretty deep and prep the spot for transplant. I will be taking clones in about a week and I will use those clones to determine sex. Once I have determined sex I will consider planting the females directly into the earth. Like I say, in a couple of weeks I should be able to do that.

This spot is pretty good in that there is some framework that I can use to make a mini greenhouse when the rains come. Also, It is on a hill so standing water will run off as well. Perhaps this outdoor will be a success. It would be a lot better if I didn't have to keep them reasonably stealth. I have a regular garden spot here that is about is good as you can get. I could grow 400 gallon smart pots if that were the case. Someday I will, maybe in this exact garden spot. I have not tested the water, although I should. The water comes from a well and is better tasting than anything I can buy by the bottle. That doesn't tell you the PH though. I sure don't see any signs of a PH problem in the plants yet. They are aggressive feeders and aggressive growers. I know the conditions are near perfect for them with sunlight and temperatures, but I have never seen plants grow so fast as these.

I just started to sprout some more seeds, in a bag with no name. Whoever gave me them didn't put anything on the bag and there are a lot of them, like 50. I am sprouting them all in paper towels and some in peat pots with native soil. Not sure what I am going to do with all of these, perhaps over grow the world. There are lot of places around here and I may just stick on here and one there. Kill all of the males and hermis and see what happens. This batch is just for fun, in other words.

• Like 1

Ran, hope those aren't the mistic I sent you. there ws a bunch and they weren't marked. the others were marked lol

• Like 1

Bigun thanks for the warning. I tossed those seeds right after you toldme. These seeds come from a guy that has 4500 plants growing. This guy grow plants that he sells to others to finish. They call them RTFs (Ready To Flowers). I know a kid that worked for bim.

One day the kid come home telling me he seen all kinds of signs that the Frds are on to him. He seen a van parjed in a strange place and guys sneaking around taking pictures. The lkid was 17 but I was still able to convince him it was time to quit.

This fellow will be going to prison. You just can't do that shit. There is no place you can do that.

I am doing some camping,in a tent. Not deep woods camping, but a campground near town.

It's still nice though. It's peaceful.

It has been so warm, and not too humid. Kind of pleasant.

Of course I am high. Smoking that expensive Buffalo Bill sativa from Olympia.

My plants were discovered yesterday and I have to move them. Common sense didn't prevail this time and now I have to find another spot. This does suck but I have some options. It just won't be as convenient.

• Like 1

Yesterday I had a funny moment. We were putting together a big new tent for the first time, struggling a bit. It took both of us acting in concert. A big black crow shit on here and she was stuck holding up her end until we finished. She kept shreaking eww bird shit all over me. I reserved my hysterical laughter until we were at a safe point. I laughed like an idiot as she ran to the camp showers lol. We are going to stay at least one more night. Loving it here and it is close to my job.

I went out to check on my plants expecting them to be dry after not seeing them for a day. It has been pretty warm outside and dry. To my surprise they were not dry. If they were in my hot closet growing I would only water them on the third day and I guess that is the same outside.

They are looking well, to me, and I enjoy looking at them. I had some kind of bugs on them today, but the leaves didn't look really eaten. Nothing new as far at that is concerned. I don't know what they are doing on my plants, but I will let them be for the time being. Trying to exist within nature right now. If they are there next time I will take a picture and ask some questions.

gallery_7799_4972_1600886.jpg

The two in the light colored pots need to be transplanted this weekend.

• Like 2

If you choose to- you might consider covering the sides of ur dark colored pots with something white like (duct taped on) white plastic bags like you get @ Safeway or Winco. The black planting pots have a tendency to help the sun cook the roots. The white color reflects rather than absorbs heat from the sun. I was using black 3 & 5 gallon nursery pots (free is a good price) for a few plants this year while hardening off before transplanting. A couple three yrs ago I wasn't thinking and cooked the roots of a domestic dwarf hybrid rose in a 3 gal black pot only 2 days after watering during a 90 degree spell.

-Passion

• Like 2

I think I need classes to get me to stop growing weed. Or is that counseling?

I grow weed because of the voices in my head. They tell me to grow weed.

• Like 1

Every day they look bigger and happier. And this is with very few feedings. Imagine if I were pumping them with N in these incredibly long days. I just ran out and keep forgetting to get more nutes. There is some nutes in some of the soil. I mixed local native top soil with some soil I bought that says it has nutes in it for 6 months or some damn thing. So they are getting something, just not being pumped full of N. I took a few pictures tonight, and although they do look bigger, I don't want to be like one of those parents that photographs every stage of development. I would like to go two weeks so there is massive differences between photos.

I was told I need to move them this weekend and man I don't want to. The spot they are in is perfect. The property owners don't want it getting back to anyone that they allow it on their property. They have grand children and are trying to convince them that smoking is bad news. Good luck with that one I say, but regardless, I got caught watering them and agreed to have them moved this weekend. I can move them 100 feet away from where they are and be fine with the property owners, but then the deer and rabbits come back into play again. Makes it more difficult to water too. Whatever, I guess this is what growing pot is supposed to be like.

This is a broke weekend for me. I don't get paid shit at my new job and it is bi-monthly. That means the money runs out fast and I have to wait broke for more. As much as I love this new job, something has to break. Like my first bonus check would be fine. I am about 2 months away from one of those.

That would be $79/mo. well spent.

Jeez, what a crook. The first lesson should be How To Stop Flushing Your Money Down The Toilet. Anyone who can grow a vegetable garden can easily figure it out. Anyone who can read this forum or a similar one can figure it out.

• Like 1

It was $:20 [edit: 4:20 somewhere}

Aurora Indica is potent in the snese af not building up tolerance but I'm out of the good phenos fater this jar.

• Like 1

3 days ago I dropped my lap tp and it had the charger plug n t...yep you guessed it. broke the fkg thing off. ..wish I could post some pics. this Road Trip stuff is looking good as any I have grow. can't wait to work with them this winter aong with Sinisters other gear...

Oh that sucks Bigun, and so common. Lots of people do that.

In the future you may want to just unplug it when you are using it. Just plug it in when you aren't. The battery charger connection takes a lot abuse and can get worn out without dropping it.

Sorry to hear. It is fixable but not for everyone.

Well, I'm buzzless - for the first time since an overseas trip in Feb.

Since harvesting Chucky's Bride in early April, and then JJ, I've essentially been perpetually high. Not good. So I've set my brain out on a window sill to air out. Maybe I'll shove an aeration stone in there, for good measure.

It's been about 5 days, and when I do the vipassana meditation thing, I can still feel a touch of residual "stone."

So anyway, if my posts seem odd over the next few weeks or months, it's the product of burning straightness. Sometimes my brain spontaneously combusts without weed.

• Like 4

well, i'm a lot happier having to exert the self-discipline to tapper off or quite for a while to lower my tolerance than i was when i had a low tolerance because i could never find anything worth smoking.

if it weren't for the over priced crap quality and lack of availability i prbly would not have gotten back into growing. and i love love love growing, so it's worked out nicely that all that miserable time was for a good outcome.

• Like 1

Discipline when you've got a ton of weed on hand is always a little tougher. I actually decided to go off on a business trip, leaving the weed at home. My last tokes were off my favorite "Barney" pipe on Monday, with a mixed bowl of CB and JJ. Then I took off. Now that I'm back, discipline is so much easier! I just needed that start.

I did come close to grabbing a quick hit last night, but decided against it. A couple of margaritas with dinner, and my resolve was wavering.

• Like 4

I seem to be able to stop smoking when ever I need to. Because I do this frequently I manage to keep my tolerance low all the time. I will take a hit with a group gathering and pass for a good while before taking another. Having a low tolerance is a good thing. I get high easier and it isa significantly better high than when you just smoke all day every day.

I do catch a little shit for my low tolerance, but I am an adult. I wont do shots of tequila if someone tries to shame me into either. The way that the culture is means that you are all in or all out, and that puts me in a difficult spot at times. But I can't change who I am.

Growing weed is another story. I have to grow and not just weed. I am an exotic gardener from way back and always will be.

Good to see you MrD. I guessed that you were away on business. Good to see you back. I do enjoy your take on things.

ran, I am like you I quit for a little while and it seems to me a person is more enhanced with good weed doing that. mr. d idon't think I could resist a goo bowl if plenty .was at hand,. lol I did quit cold turkey drinking and smoking cigs 25 years ago. I told my wife to stick a small bud in y box when i go ..lol mr. d you could always send some of that surplus my way. lol :innocent: :whistle: