•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

So... I have five Kollosus that have been vegging nicely outdoors for five weeks. We are looking at solstice in three days, the longest day of the year. We are looking at just under 16 hours of daylight.

One of my plants is showing male pre flowers. Maybe even just flowers, depends who you ask.

The flowering male smells like quality bud only fainter. It is a nice plant. I hate to kill it.

• Like 1

Ok, so update on my life. woman made me tell her i don't want her at my place. but in the process of her tossing her shit out of the door she allowed the big puppy to bolt past her and run off. which prompted me to tell her in a rage "if that bitch gets shot or run over i would shoot her in her head ! "

thankfully i found her and she galloped back to me. the lady said to a guy crossing the street that the owner was getting the dog. his response was in the realm of he didn't want to hurt her but would have. that's the biggest reason i caved and took her off the street. as i came back with her another dude on my block said when she ran by he was sacred to death. she is a whopper of a female, and folks do not think or know dogs well enough to realize she just wants attention/love that's all.

so to move on the woman is still here. supposedly the last interaction we had woke her up to reality. i forgave a similar incident last night. right after we talked about the issue of full disclosure and leaving important shit out when giving answers to questions.

so last but not least is the worse part of all. My Sassy is dead as of this morning and it is all my fault. she could easily be alive right now had i know that the condition that the vets told me about could kill her. here is the story i put online to explain more.

I killed my dog behind a bad decision that at the time i thought was the proper decision. the situation was in short as follows.

This is what i wrote on the FB page to the Vet the i use Everhart

when i brought her in and they talked with me they acted like they had no idea what was going on. i asked had they seen this before and they said yes. but still acted like it could be all sorts of things. one of the issues was this Lar Par condition. so that's why i wrote what i did on their page.

If i thought for one second this condition could kill her i would have allowed the operation even though they said they weren't sure what was wrong with her. this article says that those symptoms are basically known, and she exhibited all of them.

they were more interested in trying to get me to do every test under the sun instead of advising me on the severity aspects of the Lar Par ( vet med nick name for the condition) that could lead to my dogs death.

So, in a way I killed my own dog without knowing i was doing so by not having the operation that they( VET's) presented as speculative in nature. grrrrrrrrrrrr

you told me this Laryngeal Paralysis could be her problem, you told me the operation is like 50/50 successful. what you neglected to tell me was that without the operation this condition could kill my Sassy. Sassy is dead now, she suffocated while i watched helpless do do anything. ride to the vet came too late even though she didn't take long. Sassy was on her last breaths then seem to try and mount a comeback as i massage her ears to try to alleviate shock. she even stopped breathing once and actually came back to fight some more for her life. I guess that was the A.P.B.T. in her and her natural instinct to survive. i failed my Sassy, but i feel you folks failed her too not advising me of the seriousness of a known condition. i read this to find out all the details that you folks didn't tell me. maybe this will help someones dog in the future.

http://www.pethealthnetwork.com/dog-health/dog-diseases-conditions-a-z/laryngeal-paralysis-not-a-death-sentence

• Like 1

sorry about ur dog man- that's fu(king horrible---my pup is like family & I can't imagine life without him

-Passion

• Like 2

uh, it wasn't my dog, urban guerilla. she was sacred plant warriors.

i know it's inevitable that the day will come when i lose my boy, but please let that not be for a long long time. a decade at minimum.

after years of not being able to have a dog because of where i was living and i was working too many hours even if i was allowed by a landlord, i consider myself amazingly fortunate that i'm able to have my boy with me almost 24/7.

it's not surprising to me that he's more popular than i am, his personal out look is, 'everybody is a friend, some just don't know it yet.'

gallery_2751_3044_2459873.jpg

• Like 3

I know it is a hard decision, I put down my Jack Russel " Pee Wee" after having her for 10 years. She had cancer and it was like pulling the plug on a family member. It still haunts me 6 years later. I have my dog Sammy now and he is an awesome dog but not a day goes by without thinking of her. Now I can think about the good stuff and smile rather than focusing on the loss, but it is still hard. I am so sorry for your loss.

• Like 4

I am sorry to hear about your loss SPW. No words. I know how much she meant to you. I have an aging dog myself and cannot imagine life without him.

• Like 1

So here are some more pictures that I took a couple of days ago, 6/15/15.. They are growing so fast that I need to take pictures right before my post to be accurate with you all. The tallest are about 3 feet tall now where the shorter are about two feet tall. The one that is male is 2 feet.

gallery_7799_4972_134551.jpg

As I had mentioned, one of them as shown male flowers.

gallery_7799_4972_1072719.jpg

Please excuse my phone pictures. I don't have much creative control with them.

gallery_7799_4972_573814.jpg

• Like 4

I never let my plants watch television. It gives them nightmares.

• Like 1

oops stoned again sorry dream

I'm jealous, I have been dry for two months. I just look at everyone else's stuff here and drool.

Ha I wondered what kind of comments that picture would generate. My plants only watch educational programming and that is after they have finished their chores.

Nobody even noted that they are in a tent as in a camping tent. My plants got to get a little recreation in while being moved. I thought the TV would add a little scale. I have never had six week from seed be three feet before. These sucker want to grow and with only four half strength feedings. I can't imagine what they would be like with a super N regimen, good soil and no pest attacks. I know it is far from over, but these are quality genes. Right now they look so bright and green. Time to take some clones. It has been warm but not above about 85. The days are long. Its a good time to veg.

I'm growing in my homebox S (80x80xc160cm) grow tent and using 250mh/3 fan as exhaust but I'm too scared to run any Clip-on or fan like that since I think they could catch a fire with their sucky little electrical motors. Hope I will be fine with my dehumidifier and probably I'll have to use my Honeywell fan in the tent at the end of the flowering period but only when I'm home! :wave: Anyone else who is afraid of fires?

If you are concerned about overamping you circuit use an inline fuse like you get from an auto parts store. An inline ATC rubber coated one with a sealed cap will be water proof and protect against burn out, this can be wired with wire nuts and tape inline or soldered and heat shrank with the cord. DO NOT USE BUTT SPLICES!!! They suck and become a fusable link, dangerous stituation. Most fans will pull only a couple watts max and are marked for max wattage or OHM resistance. You can then convert your maximum amperage with one of a zillion online converters for your max amperage. My guess would be 1.5 to 3 amps would do it. I have seen thousands of shaded pole and watt motors lock up and usually the field burns out first causing an open cuicuit, with and open field the motor just stops working and the wire never heats up in the cord. If you use any UL listed fan you should be just fine as the feed wire is much heavier than the field winding and just cooks up ZAP then nothing happens. If humidity is a big concern buy a cheaply bath exhaust fan and wire it for a neutral ground " three wire cuicuit " so if you should touch a ground like plumbing or an electrical box you do not get hit. Electricity takes the path of least resistance if the easiest path is through you then it will travel that way, electricity is like water in that respect and it always is trying to find its way back to ground that is why all modern wiring is three wire to protect the user from completing the circuit. And remember to never use the hair dryer in the tub kiddies LOL.

• Like 1

glad I know an electrician irl- half of what u said (Metalhead) was above my electrical pay grade. lol not my cup of tea but glad someone understands it. :). I just plug it in and cross my fingers.

No, not really, but if I had to diagram, wire and install a subpanel again I'd call Tim instead of doing it myself as that shit can kill you. 220 from the main will fry you like a Thanksgiving turkey.

-Passion

I am camping so I am using my phone for this. I dont see a real electrical question there but a fear of fire. Indeed many grow rooms of poor design catch fire. If you smell anything hot like burning rubber shut it down. It is not worth the hell a fire will put you into.

I have been thinking of what I should do with that early flowering male Kollosus. I really like the plant so I have decided to collect and pollinate some select buds.

I just took a picture but can't seem to figure out how to post it with my phone. The hassles of camping. It is in the second page of my folder called outdoor 2015 and labeled 6_20_15.

A couple of my male flowers have opened but not enough to collect pollen. I know I need to get that dude out of here but I guess I'm a dumb ass. Some pollen has already been released and no matter what I will have a couple seeds. I would prefer to be in control but outdoors I kind of have to go with nature.

One of the plants is seriously stunted. It will never produce much but it will produce something. I don't know if I did something or it is in itd genes. It is in a small pot. I need to get them all out of pots soon. We will see what happens then.

I will be taking clones soon. I never intended to pheno hunt this batch but I will be. Which ever plant is the winner will be the clone I keep. If things get under control I will make seeds from that one as well. This male is a great plant and will make an excellent father.

Someone with a computer please post my last picture please.

• Like 1

I have been called upon to look at someone's outdoor plants. I am told they are doing everything correctly, but you know how that is. It is hard to help people grow. It seems like you get it or you don't. I grew up gardening.

Ok the plant problem was pots too small and under watering. They have a really skinny leafed sativa in a two gallon pot. They are putting it in a five gallon pot. I think this is the silverfieds I started over a year ago.

• Like 1

I too grew up gardening and landscaping, I always find more to learn even with growing up on a farm. Outside it seems as long as you have good soil and till in mulch every year that is mostly all I ever needed. I always till in my mulch, leaves and some grass clipping when I bag the grass and leaves, it also help aererate the soil and acts as a natural fertilizer. I always water after dark to prevent burn, the sun combined with water will fry your foliage every time.

• Like 1

Holy shit we have had rain for two months strait now, last night we got another 5 inches of rain the four hours. Everything is dying from water and no sun, too bad Mosquitos aren't worth anything I could sell those and be a millionaire LOL. I can only remember one time in my life the flooding was this bad and that shut down the whole state, we are nearing that level now.

glad I know an electrician irl- half of what u said (Metalhead) was above my electrical pay grade. lol not my cup of tea but glad someone understands it. :). I just plug it in and cross my fingers.

No, not really, but if I had to diagram, wire and install a subpanel again I'd call Tim instead of doing it myself as that shit can kill you. 220 from the main will fry you like a Thanksgiving turkey.

-Passion

Try getting hit with 460 thee phase, it hurts trust me. I still have burn scars from working in factories and such. I figure what doesn't kill you makes you stronger LOL.

• Like 1

Here in the southeast, we had non-stop rain until the beginning of June. Ever since, it's been in the mid to high 90s and even triple digits (34 - 38 C) and the only rain comes in those little pop-up thunderstorms that are hit-or-miss. I had to pull up some trees I planted last year and replant them in mounds, because the roots were dying. NOW I have to water them every couple of days, or they'll fry.

My lazy-ass neighbor lost several trees. Easy for me to call him a lazy ass, I guess, but he's really not. He's got a 4 year old and a brand new one who is only a few months old. That might be taking his mind off his yard.

I have been working in 460 volts for close to 36 years now. I get spooked at higher voltages.

One time I made a DIY Ozone Generator. It involve using a neon light transformer that converts 120 to 15000 Volts. Higher volts require a different class of insulation and I just used speaker wire that I had laying around. One morning I went to the garage to check the ladies and seen a brilliant purple glow where the wire was touching the concrete floor. I ran over to pick it up and got 15000 volts. It was an interesting experience and I am different now. Perhaps wiser.

Hey I have some nice pictures in my album outdoor 2015. Go to second page. Three photos named 6_21_15.1 and so on. If someone would post them I would appreciate it. I am kind of stuck with just a phone to surf and cannot figure out how to cut and paste the bb code with it yet.

My plants are all going into the ground today. All but the one that is known to be male. I am going to keep that one in the pot and near me so that I can collect some pollen. So far I love the strain and really want to keep it.

The weather here has been really pleasant. Not much rain and yesterday it was in the lower 70s.

• Like 1