•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

You are cool passion, you speak from that heart and that is all that matters to me. I would light up with you any time I am in your part of the world, which is kind of often. I drive from Seattle to Prineville over Mt Hood to see family and enjoy life in the high desert.

My plants were about 3 foot tall in the pots. Once I put them in the dirt they were about 2 feet tall. They had been outside their whole life. I even sprouted the seeds on my desk outside. So they are hardened for outside.

Where I fell into trouble was transfering my two biggest plants in the biggest pots (5 gallon). They were Not rootbound, and many of the roots were in the upper half of the pot. I had to lay the plants down and dig it out laying down. I hear a couple little pop sounds as I broke a couple roots. As long as it isn't the tap root all is well, although I am sure that contributes to the transplat shock they experienced. Day one they are kind of wanting to lay down and I braced them up with the sod chunks to keep them from falling down. I left them like that and returned the next day. They were standing up, just not as bright as before the transplant. This was rough on the bigger ones. The two smaller ones were in smaller pots and rootbound. They just come out of the pot by pulling on the stock. It is much better to transplant a rootbound plant I believe. Best to transplant several times in smaller pots building up to the larger.

I will go see the plants after I leave the office today. I will post some pictures to show what I see. It is all a mystery to me right now, although the kid that lives there says they are fine. I told him I would split the bud with him 50 50. You would think he would take more interest. I have 4 plants outdoors. These plants could get as high as 6-8 feet with lots of bud sites. I am not topping it. I will take some clones today, from growth between the main stock and a branch. I have pulled One male out of the five, he was an early and weak bloomer. He only made like 4 flowers. I hope non of the 4 that are left are male, but you just never know. I was really surprised to see male flowers so soon on my male. You had told me you can get flowers any time after sexual maturity. I wish the rest would show their sex so I know what I have left the work with.

Away from this grow I have some more plants in pots I have that heavily sativa leaning Boudica x Silverfields that Islay gave me. I planted that seed well over a year ago in a drink cup and it sat in there for months. I had a couple of those and flowered them on the back porch. One we smoked but this one plant was taking too long to flower so I put it in a five gallon pot and started to regen it. Laura and I moved from that spot and left all our plants behind. Just recently this kid gives me my plants back. The old Boudica x Silverfields and this Permafrost clone I bought. The Silverfields is going to stay in the five gallon jug. It takes so long to flower that we will have to move it to this covered deck when the heavy rains start. This plant could go to December. I plan to regen it again because it might be really good. This plant is a year and a half old. I will take some clones today of course, but I don't want to kill this interesting beautiful plant.

gallery_7799_4972_1329288.jpg

I must be sentimental or something.

• Like 2

The main problem I've faced when growing outdoors is from insects and other invertebrates and sometimes fungus. You get a different bunch of pests, too -- like fucking caterpillars. Everything will be fine, and suddenly a moth decides to lay eggs on the underside of a leaf. If you don't catch it early, they can drive you insane. The late season ones like to bore into buds, leaving dead, worthless bud tissue in their wake. I don't know if they're a big problem where you are.

Something cool you'll notice is there is NO STRETCH. The plants just grow and grow and suddenly they're flowering. Stretch seems to be a reaction to suddenly going to 12/12.

When I first grew indoors, about a dozen years ago (I was strictly outdoors until then) I was reading about some crazy bullshit about "stretch." What the fuck were these idiots talking about? I was seeing "3X" and "4X" and I completely laughed it off, because, dammit, I was growing since '76! I knew fucking everything! And I knew nothing about stretch, so it wasn't worthy of my attention.

Then reality set in. Oh, so that's stretch. Uh, OK. Maybe I have something to learn here...

• Like 4

I have been a little ill for the past week. It has been much hotter here and I managed to get dehydrated.

I had a problem at work and now I am out. This place was too much for me. They had me working in engineering and sales with all that i between. With my hand in so many things I made some mistakes. I am just too old for this much pressure. I was really the only person in the company that was so over worked and stressed out. I feel like a fool for even accepting this job. I knew it from day one.

I visited my plants. They are all healthy and vibrant, but not growing super fast. Perhaps that last transplant was hard on them, perhaps they are hungry. The soil that I used when I put them in the earth says that it will feed them for six months (MG) and I didn't want to burn them transplanting them. It has been very hot but they are bright green. I may give them a light feeding tomorrow.

I will try to get some photos tomorrow. I have had so much going on lately. It is hard to get much done. I have had to get used to the heat. It us never this hot here.

• Like 2

heat stroke sucks. and I'm sure u will land on ur feet with the job thing.

You are not kidding about the heat- damn it's hot. my plants are soakin up the sun and growing big and fast. but it's so unseasonably hot and bright here. what happened to our typical mostly rainy 55 degree F spring weather? never happened this year.

-passion

• Like 1

Here in Seattle we have had the hottest, driest May and June in recorded history. The average temperature is 71 and we are in the 90s. Our friends South and East of us will offer no sympathy as that is normal for them. The saying here is that summer starts on the 5th of July. I have seen many cool and wet Independence Days (4th of July for those outside the USA).

Passion do you have a grow thread? I would like to see it if you do.

I am not tripping about the job. It was too much for me. Not worth the effort and a lot less money than I am use to. I don't know why I even accepted it. I will have to go to work tho. Unemployment only last so long. I should try to enjoy myself. Not having a job in the Summer is like a vacation of sorts. When I do go back it has to be for my normal rate. I could never do anything but thread water with what they were paying me.

• Like 2

I tried to get some pictures yesterday with my phone but they were really not worth sharing. I could not see the duaplay on my phone because it was so bright. There is not a hell of a lot difference since transplanting to the earth. The get continuous sun so perhaps it is time to pump up the nitrogen. At the rate they were growing prior to the transplant the should have grown a foot or more. They are green and healthy, just not bursting in new growth. I cost myself a couple of weeks of vigorous growth from rough transplanting I believe.

I will put some pics in my outdoor 2015 if someone wants to post them for me. Please and thank you.

mr. d ,it is a battle no matter what genes you have. I have had my friend spray daily as long as this humid and wetness persists. it rains about every evening. I took a peek and I have seen a lot worse. down to 11 now and think 9 will be a good muber for females. they be pretty sob's

• Like 1

We have been camping. We are doing a lot of that this year. In the woods, in the shade, near the Puget Sound.

Not a lot to do but try to stay cool. Ihave been using my phone for everything, even this.

Met a family out here in real trouble. Out of work, homeless, and the other day they rolled their vehicle with camper in tow. They lost everything.

The woman said she was waiting for food stamps to happen. They were just huddled together and waiting hungry. We fixed them up with all we could spare. They needed everything.

It felt good to help. They are good people just having some bad luck. Our society treats you like a criminal when you are in need. They are smokers too. From Arkansas of all places. Out here like the grapes of wrath just tring to survive.

• Like 1

Ran if they are stalling a little bit, Id just slap a thick 2-3inch layer of compost or worm poop with some neem meal mixed in and away they should go. Its amazing how a thick layer of compost/ewc brings things back to life...Just a friendly suggestion : )

• Like 2

Thanks KTA. I am certainly no expert and can use all the help I can get. The people that own the property tell me I can grow them as big as they will grow. We are secluded from prying eyes and the neighbors are just chill elderly Asians that keep to themselves.

Oh yeah,thanks for dropping by

• Like 1

That poor family got their foodstamps today, thank god. The looked so miserable and beaten down.

• Like 1

We live in one of the wealthiest corners of the world . . . and homeless is an entire class of people here, now.

Sunday, the man's wife come to our camp. We offered her coffee and she picked one of this really thick sweet packets over just black. I felt she was starving. She talked on and on about all that they have been through, but it was not bitching and complaining. It was just a state of disbelief of series of bad breaks in the last two weeks. They were fallowing a carnival and happy with the money that brought and the life style they were living, although it sounds like a rough life to my spoiled ass. They had some seal break in their engine or transmission, I forget which. The the time spent on the repair put them behind with the carnival and they were replaced.

The brother with them got online and set them up with another carnival. They were excited and making way to thr new gig when a semi truck literally blew them off a mountain pass. The man and wife were in the trailer when it rolled (not a good idea if you ask me). The man says he eas not hurt too bad, but the wife got hurt. All they had was liability insurance. The woman spent the night in the hospital while the men and boy slept in the ER waiting room. The next day the redcross gave them a night in a hotel and a couple meal vouchers. They lost pretty much everything but the clothes on their backs. The emergency crew would not let them get anything.

So I meet these people in a city campground that charges them only $12 because she is apparently disabled. They managed to rent a Uhaul Van to camp in for a couple days. The guy said he has twenty dollars, enough for one more night. Of course I will give them whatever cash I can, but my finances are a disaster right now. I had fed them, given them all the clothes I can and things I had on hand that you can't buy with foodstamps. I just feel for them and want to take care of them. It seems like the most important thing right now.

They have a 14 year old son that is a great kid.

just a quicky,

1st. if you take pictures with phone or camera clean up the vital info 1st. before posting. this is only one quick reference http://www.howtogeek.com/203592/what-is-exif-data-and-how-to-remove-it/

also to all those who have facebook facebook tracks your online activity. because of that, and a bullshit ID. verification i told the fb CONTACT THEY can close/delete my page. i used a blue download button to try to save 411 i wanted. my other fb page with very little 411 on it will also be closd. as much as i like to add content to help folks on fb their invasive habits don't make me feel comfortable. i lived with our fb before, and will do so again. :)

the outdoor plants i grew were set out late on purpose. they stayed small and on got a couple of z's for the biggest one. hardly any stretch on the ak47 mystery? plant (thought to contain a lot of sativa); or blue lightning . fimming them i feel reduced the yield imho, especially since they were so small. but my priority as to have plants that were hard to spot and in that i succeeded.

i'm itching to toss some autos outside hidden in dl area that i can access easily if i find it soon enough. i'll try to do a better job at od locations as my life permits it.

i wish you all the best. i don't worry about transplants that have a decent root system in place. a few broken roots or trimmed will be fine as long as they are set in place properly/cared for . they are very resilient usually and seem to do fine as long as what the roots grow into isn't to dense to restrict root growth.

all i did was put mine substrate in large trash bags in liu of large pots ( digging was out of the ?, too many rocks/shells grrr.), with plenty of holes for drainage. had it been directly in the grown with that substrate my yield would have been better no doubt .

Sacred, my brother from another mother.

My complaint about my plants is that they were growing crazy fast in the pots. I dig four holes in a back city lot near some grapes,soften up the packed sandy loam soil,pour in some MG soil and transplant them. That crazy fast growth stopped. The plants look great, they on the last page of my outdoor 2015 gallery but I can't post using my phone. Anyway they look good but in three weeks with complete sun exposure all day they are just inching up. In a three week period in this weather I would expect a foot or much more new growth.

If someone post my pictures they are the bottom four plants. My sativa in the five gallon pot is doing an amazing job btw. I probably won't have any buds from that on till Christmas. Its a silverfield.

I'm still learning to decipher various leaf curls.

Googling cannabis taco leaves, the answer is low humidity.

I'm getting some taco indoors with a humidifier--lots of fan cycling even with lights on from 9pm to 9am.

@randude

Sorry for not answering you sooner. BTW randude, you come across as a laid back & easy to get along with sort. I'd smoke with ya too sometime. No grow journal on OG for me yet. I am still a bit paranoid about posting real-time plant pics for indoors and out grows. Laws are in the process of changing in Oregon, but the fed laws need to be updated also. A grow thread with no pics is a sad thing in my opinion. So no pics for me and hey, without pics to prove what I can or can't do: I could just be a 14 year old girl who likes Hello Kitty and chews bubble gum while playing in the forum...rather than a 36 year old man with... Oh yeah, the outdoor girls are getting big. I busted out the yo-yo today and a couple of my DKs are just over 7' tall and 2 or 3 of my (Blueberry X Amnesia) X Hashplant's are like 4'-5' wide with multiple tops. All plants are showing female preflowers for me now except 2 of the DKs and the 4 Herijuana X Jackberry. If nothing else I'll take some oldschool optical pics in September and October to post the completion of my outdoor '15 grow pre and post chop with finished weights and maybe a couple stoned & disjointed smoke reports typed as I blaze on some LA Confidential X Endless Sky which should come down around the first of September this year. Thanks.

-Passion

• Like 1

btw u might wanna clone the Silverfields plant- It looks like it would make a bangup indoor plant and with those sativa style skinny leaves and it's genetics she probably won't finish in time without a mini-greenhouse or something. You may be close to right in ur idea of it finishing in December. :)

Do you guys think that Super silve haze would be the closest thing to the 'coffeeshop smell' that I remember from visiting amsterdam :D

I think it could be since hazes are everywhere in 'dam and extremely lovely

Mostlikely yes, or a sweet smellin bro or sis

We've had some tropical temps in Europe, hopefully they stay gone, Mowgli ain't made to be well done all day

• Like 1

@mowgli -the character Mawglii might be just as happy sitting in the shade made by balloo's big bear body while smoking some home-grown ganja- (sounds like a kick back chill day to me.) course Disney decided to cut that part instead putting in the song, "the bear necessities (of life)". figuires -warm or damn hot weather here also unseasonably and for months. Hope we all get appropriate weather soon.

@randude -interested to see how your outside grow turns out for u. It would be cool to smoke with u sometime. Swap some stories, some smoke, and maybe a laugh or two. I keep hearing that Washington weed is as bad as the Seahawks... just kidding (and I don't watch sports unless you count the UFC.)

thanks all

-Passion