•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

randude

stoned ramblings, say or post anything you want.

randude, if the temperature hits freezing will it hurt plants ? dsj

• Like 1

If it Freezes it will Usually not freeze hard. Cannabis has been known to take freezing temps, although that has to be strain specific. Big Leafy plants don't like freezing for instance.

Usually plants have to be taken down because of constant rain before it freezes. Every winter is diffefent here, but freezing typically doesn't come before late November. The way most of my plants are budding now they should be finished in Late October. If it doesn't rain too hard before then I will be good. Good for all but the Silverfields. It is going to have to finish indoors. That was the plan all along for that one.

Smoking Males:

So I had to take down a giant male a week or so ago. It had a lot of bud sites and I picked some of them and threw them in the back of my truck (in a camper shell). It has been sort of damp outside all week and the tops are taking a long time to dry. I wanted to get a little Pollen out of the flowers to put on a select bud or two on Tuesday. I am also thinking of smoking a bit of this, just to see if I get high. What do you guys think? I know some breeders smoke the males, for obvious reasons. I have been extremely broke lately since my recent incarceration and it would be nice to save a few bucks by smoking the males. I have a little bit of bud now, but it won't last with no real money coming in. I was penalized 6 weeks from unemployment for being fired for being put in jail and I have a few more weeks before I will see any money. In the mean time the bills are rolling in. I had a sell some things to get by. Things that weren't stolen because they were in storage.

Life goes on. Just waiting for a break... or maybe a maricle. Laura Just stopped calling yesterday. It's a good thing as I am getting kind of weak.

I'm sorry for your situation, that's terrible. Thank you for the advice, it has been freezing here at night but warms up during the day. There are lots of flowers starting, I didn't know if the cold nights made them start flowering or if it is just time to. I have been getting ice on my truck windshield lately. dsj

• Like 1

while I am at my brothers I figured I would drop a note to all my friends. I moved back in july and still have no internet. I would like to let everyone know all is well. I visited my plants and all I have is 6 but they are nice babys.they are out of a huck x selene male over a bb x romulan x heri female. I cal thm "roadtrip". thy will be ready in a few weeks. you guys take care and hopefuly i will have service before long.

• Like 3

DJS, if you are getting ice on your truck already I would be a little worried, depending on how much further you have until finish. I thought you were asking about my grow and freezing here is not usually a problem. Sometimes, but not usually. I have about two months before I have to be concerned about freezing (at least) and I can probably yank them in about 6 weeks. As mentioned, my concerns are heaving rain and winds. They can take a budded plant down in a heart beat. I have some tall plants that would be at serious risk (Kollosus).

Good to see you bigun. Looks like you are going to have some outdoor homegrown to smoke this year. I love having that.

• Like 2

@ Randude

Besides the two heights of netting I have on my outdoor trees I had to also just last week installed some 8' plastic coated metal stakes. One on each side of the trunks (or stems) with tree tie. Same way you would with a maple sapling. Some of mine are 9' + and a few already have a heavy load of buds. With the rain dounpour and some wind I got a bit concerned as some were leaning and I don't want any stems to break or plants uprooting. You might try staking ur Kollosus... Would be a shame to come out one day and have it laying on the ground.

• Like 1

Ive never posted in this thread, but this Banner#3 x GSC im experiencing tonight has got me doing many things ive never done before @_@ haha

I found this earlier and it made me chuckle quite a bit (by bit I mean I feel really bad how much I chuckled)

https://www.leafly.com/indica/jedi-kush/reviews?page=1

Its from Leafly, a cannabis strain review site with people reviewing fantastic strains.

This one is about Jedi Kush, a cut I am growing first time round.

Everybody rates the the strain highly, 4 - 5/5 out of 5 stars... except one. Alohamora93... who writes,

"“This strain is the only one I've actually disliked, it left me trapped in my own mind and unable to talk to friends. Also felt glued to the couch in a negative way.”

A little humor, poor guy *teehee

• Like 4

Passion, I need to stake up my Kollosus Tuesday. I believe I have to keep these girls in the ground until the end of rOctober

• Like 1

i recently got my boy registered as a emotional support dog, so now some friends tagged me with a new nickname, Linus. because he's my security blanket.

• Like 3

My Kollosus and permafrost are really filling in. Will be a nice harvest for only three plants in about a month. The silverfields is flowering slowly. I knew it would.

Had a little time on my hands so I have been panning gold. Some people are letting me use their property and I have been doing quite well. Well for western Washington. I am getting small pieces but a good many them

• Like 2

Eureka.

Yeah, I know, not a l lot, But it is Free, pure and all mine. I will just collect it until a have a gallon jar of the stuff and gold is 3700 per ounce

• Like 1

My buds on the Kollosus and Permafrost are getting big and filling in. Not much at all on my silverfield :( I will have to bring that one in the house in about 6 weeks.

I found a new spot to get gold on my river that is producing well. My whole body is killing me from this hard work but I still can't stop. I love the color of gold.

My stepdad (who's 62) has had gold fever for the last few years. He and a buddy are out on placer claims every weekend 2/3 of the year with their pans and sluice boxes and vacs and whatever. They love panning and have quite a few small nugs and quite a bit of dust to show for it. I was always more of a plant guy myself lol.

If ur Kollossus finishes before turning to brown furry mush you are gonna have a bunch of weed @ a low low cost. That's one of the nice things of growing outside. :)

Harvested my second outdoor plant of the year today. Probably have to harvest 6 or 8 in a couple weeks about the same time dammit.

-Passion

Passion, my Kollosus are budding like crazy now and I have two of them over 6 feet tall. They are not all that bushy, but still a few branches. I expect a few ounces of of both of them.

My Permafrost is a crazy plant. I bought it as a clone last October. It has been stunted and root bound for most of the year. A couple months ago we put it in a five gallon pot and it went nuts with growth. It is about 3 feet tall in a five gallon pot, but has all kinds of buds. It is very bushy. I really should try to clone this one before it is too late. Anyway, I expect about as much from this little plant as I am getting from the two 6 foot Kollosus plants. They should be bigger, but they have been transplanted roughly last time and that probably cost me a month of growth from transplant shock.

I plan on harvesting the Kollosus in a month. I have my reasons. If it is not ready I will just make hash with it. I will be taking the Silverfields and Permafrost away to let them finish in a house. The permafrost should be ready in a month. If not it will wait inside my house. They are both in five gallon pots.

As for the gold, I do have the fever. It is all I think about. I love looking at it in my vial. I want to get a lot more so I can just look at the pretty yellow color and feel the weight. It is an amazing thing.

• Like 2

Oh I forgot to mention, I took the pollen from that one giant male Kollosus and shook some on some of the branches of the Kollosus, Silverfields and Permafrost. I will have some seeds I hope! I think the Kollosus x Kollosus will be some good seeds. Both male and female were big awesome plants.

• Like 2

The weather has been pleasant this past month for finishing my outdoor crop. I see another month or so before the chop. I have not seen them for a couple weeks so I could be pleasantly surprized. Last time I looked I was pleasantly surprized by their rate of progress. My only complaint is that they are not bigger. That is my fault from moving them around too much. I willl be getting some buds and concentrates this season the way things look so far. They could always get stolen or something, however,so it aint over till its over.

I checked my plants troday, they are finishing nicely.

The Permafrost is turning purple and has a strong smell of bud.

The Kollosus are doing well, not as smelly.

The Silverfields isn't doing shit

• Like 4

bout the silverfields- for 10 or 11 weekers (unless they start budding fast and are mold resistant) I haven't been able to finish here. Some plants just take longer to realize it's time to flower outside. Some of them go from that early tufted puffball look to finish in a month or a bit more after 3 weeks or more of doing nothing but growing even though they are preflowering. I planted a 10 week strain out this year. Onle 1 left from 5 seeds and the last one that'll finish this year is like that. She finally showed early flowering last week. One week later there are thumb sized buds. She probably won't be done till mid-end Oct. though.

(knowing ur weather) Keep checking the plants for bud rot. Any brownish or dark purplebrown slightly looking fuzzy areas. A majority of the time a brown sugar leaf with a brown slippery looking stem if pulled will reveal something ugly underneath. It's invasive and usually starts inside the bud spreading quickly.

My last Herijuana X Jackberry is turning purple too and covered in icing but not done yet.

-Passion

• Like 4

Yesterdays pics

Permafrost

gallery_7799_4972_527440.jpg

Silverfields x Boudica

gallery_7799_4972_2078131.jpg

Two Kollosus females that are left

gallery_7799_4972_1654775.jpg

gallery_7799_4972_304684.jpg

gallery_7799_4972_1008241.jpg

More gold in my pan

gallery_7799_4972_1228291.jpg

• Like 11

The Silverfields x Boudica is thirsty, she needs water!! :doctor:

The last pic is incredible, the gold rush continues... great! :verrygood

Greetings SiCKNeSs :wave:

• Like 1

It has been raining. The Silverfields needs a bigger pot or to be put in the ground.

I am really enjoying my gold prospecting. I have a good spot.

• Like 1