•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

thesamyboy

Esko's Holy Princess Grow and Smoke Report by TSB

Holy Princess Grow and Smoke Report:

I grew 2 different cuts of Holy Princess and 1 cut of Chucky's Bride, about 8 plants total. I didn't grow the Chucky enough for her own report, but she is very comparable, so she is sort of wrapped in here. Find the whole report in my signature - Round 2.

Grow Info:

Take the following with a grain of salt, this is my own opinion from my grows, smoking and info from people's opinion I respect.

If you can, seek out the balanced or not Cindy dominant phenos. The Cindy dad is so dominant that the Cindy phenos are stretchy and while very tasty, are not taking advantage of the real possibilities these crosses have to offer. The cheese or SM phenos will have better structure and will explode with taste once cured. All the sweetness of the Cindy will be there, with crisp flavor from the other parent. Of course, Cindy phenos can be intense for some people... and too much is not fun at all, totally anxiety causing. No edibles from this stuff, just a few bowls or 2/3 of a joint will set you up for the whole night. I'll get back to smoking I'm a second. ;)

She is not hard to grow, but needs to be trained early and supported for best results. Pinching helps reduce her node distance a bit. She is not a big feeder but will show yellow leaves as N deficiency in flowering once the stretch stops or a week after, makes no difference really. Don't do a 3 week transition thinking it'll help, she is too fast for that, instead, start building up your Flo nutes a little faster than usual and watch out come week 6-7! The rewards will come. I flowered all of mine for 8 weeks, but she is a fast finisher, it takes a couple runs to adapt, not at all like growing an 8 week indica, in my opinion, so plan for that.

Here are some collected photos from a few grows of these ladies:

Good shot of the node distance:

gallery_3438_3326_44292.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_110491.jpg

Shots of various plants:

gallery_3438_3326_188082.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_274821.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_32407.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_43891.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_123702.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_30225.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_75583.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_53067.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_71328.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_176222.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_117320.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_47404.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_118759.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_11705.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_60991.jpg

gallery_3438_3326_186031.jpg

Now, the smoke report :D

gallery_3438_3326_301045.jpg

This bud has been curing for about 3-4 weeks and I have not smoked it in over a week. I have been smoking Sugar Punch, Jackberry, Mad Shack and KO kush so I am ready to experience this with a refreshed palette.

SPECS :

-Cindy 99 x Santa Maria by E$kob@r

-Flowered 8 weeks

-Dried and sweated for 10-11 days, cured for 4 weeks

-Smoked 2 bowls from a clean glass pipe

Smell: 9/10 - Absolutely fantastic smell in the jar, very sweet and skunky or in the Chucky's case, sweet and cheesy. Somewhere during the cure is a bubblegum flavor. This is just very sweet stuff. If I could grow a Chuck again, that would be a 10, IMO !

Taste: 8/10 - Sweet and a little leathery. I think it was the pheno #4 of Holy P that had that bubblegum aspect in the jar, and tasted like red fruit.

High: 8.5/10 - Comes on strong to the head and chest, it's definitely a little heart pumping for the first few minutes. The body high kicks in a few minutes later and I can feel my shoulder and how tense they are. I won't get much relief from this, muscles are not tense, I'm just more aware of everything. Sounds, taste, emotions, it's all a little heightened. This is very mood dependent and how much effort I put in, but if I am in a good mood, I'll have a great time. If i am not patient, I'll be plain mean. So beware ;)

CONCLUSION:

Overall, I love these cinderella 99 crosses, they are very intense, very tasty and can be great fun to grow if you work at it a little. I think esko has done brilliant work with these and of course the outcome of this project..

I said before that Bubblegum is something that comes to mind with these... turns out that is exactly what Esko's Boudica is all about - "blood orange chewing gum". I have too many projects right now, but my next order will include Boudica! Straight to the fridge as a backup pack for some awesome gear! A winner in my book and we'll see what I get when I pop the last of my Chucky's Bride seeds. :verrygood

• Like 16

Thanks tsb!! Great report...I'm all about C99 crosses too and almost ordered HP .... Boudica came out and I got it instead......after seeing your pic's and report I might throw a few in the next run!

Nice Buds :icecream:

BQ

hey BQ, when I heard esko was working with C99, I had to get in on it!

I do feel odd going back for a second serving, but Esko does killer selections so I expect it to be even better.

thanks!

@thesamyboy wow mate your holy princess looks very nice

Keep up the nice work mate ,lovely pics to

Peace Out and Keep it Green

Awesome report TSB, and I agree on pretty much everything you have to say about C99 crosses.

I think esko missed the boat on this C99 male selection. He's obviously a champ in flavor and potency but what he brings to the grower is a huge pain in the ass and not really representitive of how crazy good the original C99 was to grow. She wasn't considered the best strain on the planet for her taste and power alone, Cindy was the whole package. Leprechaun Seeds C99 crosses are light years better no exaggeration.

That being said, I honestly think Cheese and C99 were meant for each other and with enough selection there IS a holy grail in there.

Thanks for sharing as always mate, enjoy that beautiful stash!

RM

yes, this is high class reporting there, samy ... very, very nice !!

you are dead on about the bubblegum poking through in some

phenos. the high is impressive and mighty. i love the holy ones.

i know you will strike gold again with the boudica, mate, hehe :)

this one is really nice as well. so, all the best and one love, tsb.

@Reverend Maynard

???

I have never smelled cannabis this good

I get the most compliments for it, and pass that on to esko.

Holy shit cans. Not for the faint at heart.

Kept the cut, she's a keeper.

(grown from 3 beans or so)

your opinions were partly a help for my descision to buy

those. strange to see you change your opinion so fast :blink:

i am sorry, but i am highly confused, mate. what makes you

think he missed the boat with his male so suddenly? did you

not say that chucky's bride is hands down your favorite smoke

so far? excuse me, but i am wondering about this a bit ... how

can something get from "the best" to "missed the boat" in such

a short time and no difference in the material you are judging

upon?

btw,

did you recieve mexican testers? these are really a dream

to go through and i guess you would really like/enjoy them.

you army dead on about the bubblegum poking through in some

@Reverend Maynard

???

upon?

btw,

If I'm not mistaken I believe his complaint as it were with eskos c99 crosses is mainly to due with how stretchy and spaced out the buds are. I get the impression that other c99 crosses can retain the taste and light speed effect in a more efficiently grown plant ie not a bondage session to fit into an area or an overgrown mess of small buds. I have one chuckys female vegging now I'm about to start a clone run on. She's not spaced out or stretchy so maybe more cheese leaning or maybe that occurs in flower for this strain. My males (3/4 seeds popped) were rather stretchy, 2 for sure where anyway. Think I kept the best loooking one just in case I want to play pollen wars.

Anyway, again I think Rev doesn't mean to diss eskos skills or final product, just he's a bit frustrated as I get the impression that if a stouter male was able to be used would bring a better or easier to grow plant with as good or better resulting buds and taste/effect.

Ps I hope to have my own smoke report in a month or two for several esko plants. 3 choc rain, one boudica, 2 lady cane, 1 cheeseberry haze. One of the choc rain looms to be the kush dom and is super frosted. All the rest is nice too. Super gear imo, at least to my noobie impressions. Chuckys, 3 blue santa females, and some kinky cheese and cheese99 will be coming next run. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the report. I often neglect to do these.

Still trying to figure out where HP will be in my future grow lineups. Assorted sativa doms are fooling around with my decision making process, you see. I have too many sitting in my refrigerator, whispering in my ear at the moment. ("Plant me! Plant me!" they cry. It's been keeping me up at night.)

There seems to be no sign of the SM bud structure at all. C99 is dominant in so many ways.

If I'm not mistaken I believe his complaint as it were with eskos c99 crosses is mainly to due with how stretchy and spaced out the buds are. I get the impression that other c99 crosses can retain the taste and light speed effect in a more efficiently grown plant ie not a bondage session to fit into an area or an overgrown mess of small buds. I have one chuckys female vegging now I'm about to start a clone run on. She's not spaced out or stretchy so maybe more cheese leaning or maybe that occurs in flower for this strain. My males (3/4 seeds popped) were rather stretchy, 2 for sure where anyway. Think I kept the best loooking one just in case I want to play pollen wars.

Anyway, again I think Rev doesn't mean to diss eskos skills or final product, just he's a bit frustrated as I get the impression that if a stouter male was able to be used would bring a better or easier to grow plant with as good or better resulting buds and taste/effect.

I got a short, non-stretchy girl, too. She's wonderful to smoke, but not a big producer. I'm actually hoping for a stretchier version of Ch Br. next time I grow it.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm not really knowledgable in this hobby to know wtf I really like or not yet. I guess I do have my preferences and all,, but still way too new at the game to discount something like chuckys because of it being stretchy etc... now I'm not calling out Rev at all because tbh I very highly value his opinions; one of the peeps i look up to most on the forums with LaVie, the breeders here and many others that post here that are too. But I should say with some confidence that Rev is way more knowledgable than myself, and also everyone has their own likes and dislikes as well. The fact he loves the end product turned me onto chuckys. The fact he doesn't like the structure isn't a deal breaker for me as I have no holy grails now and almost anything I run is an upgarde to what I had. I have years more learning snd sampling before I would be picky enough to skip chuckys based on structure, but I can see where Rev and his snobbiness (j/k) due to his elite ak, and other assorted gems wold he more picky

• Like 1

Nice nice. I have been scouring my room for my 2 packs of Chucky's Bride, already I have grown through 2. One of my faves, a keeper. Maybe I will give Boudica a grow after I get through his Sour D, BB. Thanks for sharing. I have had and heard nothing but gems from esko seeds. Until I find my CB, I germinated TGA Cheesequake to fill that flavor void. Still, cannot wait to find those two packs lol. Good luck on your future grows. Peace.

I found nothing to dislike the structure on CB...seemed like a fairly straight forward plant to me, with little need for support. Reserva Privada Sour Kush, OG Kush...those plants flopped all over. Chuck is one of the best all-rounders I have grown and smoked, an absolute stunner with few needs, low feeder. Good luck with your grows. Peace.

@thesamyboy wow mate your holy princess looks very nice

Keep up the nice work mate ,lovely pics to

Peace Out and Keep it Green

Thanks Rhino, each time is a little better ;)

Awesome report TSB, and I agree on pretty much everything you have to say about C99 crosses.

I think esko missed the boat on this C99 male selection. He's obviously a champ in flavor and potency but what he brings to the grower is a huge pain in the ass and not really representitive of how crazy good the original C99 was to grow. She wasn't considered the best strain on the planet for her taste and power alone, Cindy was the whole package. Leprechaun Seeds C99 crosses are light years better no exaggeration.

That being said, I honestly think Cheese and C99 were meant for each other and with enough selection there IS a holy grail in there.

Thanks for sharing as always mate, enjoy that beautiful stash!

RM

Thanks RM, I've had some months to enjoy these so it was time for a report.

I think I know what you mean with the C99 male... if I recall though, Esko mentioned sorting through many many males to find one that was not autoflowering but would still bring it, making sure the strain was stable that way was first priority. Honestly, I am glad that out of all the things Esko felt he had to compromise on, that node distance was it, because like you said, with some selection work, the potential for a kick ass pheno is so clearly there. I really hope that Boudica was that second round of selection meant to bring back around full circle :showoff:

I've got a couple more projects I need to start before I buy some more, but I've said it before, those Leprechaun Seeds guys have me 100% intrigued. The cindy crosses, the ISS and Romulan crosses all sound great and it's good to hear someone vouch for them.

you are dead on about the bubblegum poking through in some

Thanks for the compliment, I tried to put something nice together as the strain is worth it.

It takes some adjustment and for sure this is a strain that is easier to grow if you can dedicate some space and a scrog to it... The high is great, such a warm buzz with enough head action to make you feel lazy if you try to slack off, not bad to work with, as long as you keep dosage low... too much and a stressful situation will start to take it's toll and the headache is quick to come. For me at least.

I trust Esko to have improved the selection and taken it to the next level with Boudica, i think I will buy it and save it as a backup pack until I catch up with some projects. :tu

If I'm not mistaken I believe his complaint as it were with eskos c99 crosses is mainly to due with how stretchy and spaced out the buds are. I get the impression that other c99 crosses can retain the taste and light speed effect in a more efficiently grown plant ie not a bondage session to fit into an area or an overgrown mess of small buds. I have one chuckys female vegging now I'm about to start a clone run on. She's not spaced out or stretchy so maybe more cheese leaning or maybe that occurs in flower for this strain. My males (3/4 seeds popped) were rather stretchy, 2 for sure where anyway. Think I kept the best loooking one just in case I want to play pollen wars. Anyway, again I think Rev doesn't mean to diss eskos skills or final product, just he's a bit frustrated as I get the impression that if a stouter male was able to be used would bring a better or easier to grow plant with as good or better resulting buds and taste/effect. Ps I hope to have my own smoke report in a month or two for several esko plants. 3 choc rain, one boudica, 2 lady cane, 1 cheeseberry haze. One of the choc rain looms to be the kush dom and is super frosted. All the rest is nice too. Super gear imo, at least to my noobie impressions. Chuckys, 3 blue santa females, and some kinky cheese and cheese99 will be coming next run. Stay tuned!

Hey Vette!

You may have something really nice if you don't have a stretchy lady. How aggressive do the leaves look, if they look like a really mean wood-saw, that's cindy.

Compared to something that sort of branches and behaves normally, having a cindy pheno can be lots of work, especially when you have her vegging for a while and only then realize what special attention she needs.

And once you flower her and end up with your scattered buds taking up half the space, it doesn't feel like a neat job. And of course we all have our own limitations, how we want to grow and what's practical for our setup.

Yeah I'm not really knowledgable in this hobby to know wtf I really like or not yet. I guess I do have my preferences and all,, but still way too new at the game to discount something like chuckys because of it being stretchy etc... now I'm not calling out Rev at all because tbh I very highly value his opinions; one of the peeps i look up to most on the forums with LaVie, the breeders here and many others that post here that are too. But I should say with some confidence that Rev is way more knowledgable than myself, and also everyone has their own likes and dislikes as well. The fact he loves the end product turned me onto chuckys. The fact he doesn't like the structure isn't a deal breaker for me as I have no holy grails now and almost anything I run is an upgarde to what I had. I have years more learning snd sampling before I would be picky enough to skip chuckys based on structure, but I can see where Rev and his snobbiness (j/k) due to his elite ak, and other assorted gems wold he more picky

Esko's gear is always something special. He does lots of F1 crosses, so not every pheno will be a winner and not everything is super stable, but it's exactly what he says it is, and he works hard at selecting good parents.

I too could not deal with such a bushy, floppy plant, it would mean I need to pre-plan scrog screens while I'm still in veg, and I just don't have time / space for that with all the other things.

If I could dedicate a space to her, I would do it in a second and be rolling in some of the tastiest, sweetest bud around. Honestly, this weed has totally spoiled me. I really think it will be hard to match that flavor, future strains really have a lot to live up to if they want to make an impression.

Thanks for the report. I often neglect to do these.

Still trying to figure out where HP will be in my future grow lineups. Assorted sativa doms are fooling around with my decision making process, you see. I have too many sitting in my refrigerator, whispering in my ear at the moment. ("Plant me! Plant me!" they cry. It's been keeping me up at night.)

There seems to be no sign of the SM bud structure at all. C99 is dominant in so many ways.

I got a short, non-stretchy girl, too. She's wonderful to smoke, but not a big producer. I'm actually hoping for a stretchier version of Ch Br. next time I grow it.

I've got a full tent in veg right now, and am I'm pining to start some more seeds. I have to wait a few weeks, lots of the seedlings will have shown sex and we can't move them along.

It's not a full on Sativa by long flowering standards, but it packs a great buzz and is not for the faint of heart of the person looking to feel numb. The Cindy is very dominant, so I would seek out the balanced or other strain leaning pheno, generally speaking.

I've seen a few people grow these and the C99 x Shiva and structure and buds wise, that's clearly a Cindy controlled trait. The Cindy just needs lots of work and support, grown small, it would be a terrible yield. I had a nice an stout Chucky but it was male! Gotta keep searching, running small numbers of plants makes this a bit of a challenge, but I'm catching on to what I want to see in a plant so I can try to select a little earlier...

Nice nice. I have been scouring my room for my 2 packs of Chucky's Bride, already I have grown through 2. One of my faves, a keeper. Maybe I will give Boudica a grow after I get through his Sour D, BB. Thanks for sharing. I have had and heard nothing but gems from esko seeds. Until I find my CB, I germinated TGA Cheesequake to fill that flavor void. Still, cannot wait to find those two packs lol. Good luck on your future grows. Peace. I found nothing to dislike the structure on CB...seemed like a fairly straight forward plant to me, with little need for support. Reserva Privada Sour Kush, OG Kush...those plants flopped all over. Chuck is one of the best all-rounders I have grown and smoked, an absolute stunner with few needs, low feeder. Good luck with your grows. Peace.

Well you must be doing something right if your girls are strong enough to support themselves. The kush I've grown always had hard, woody stems that wouldn't even bend well, much less flopped over.... interesting how experience will differ like that. She is easy to grow though, doesn't eat too much, isn't sensitive, fast grower...

I'm glad I've tried these, but I can honestly say I wish I had waited for Boudica and just started with that. Esko's stuff is that good that the work in progress is good smoke, but the dude knows shit we don't and I trust the outcome of this project to be all the things we wish it was... I'm sure that we weren't the only ones noticing the great parts of these strains and the parts that needed fine tuning ;)

Thanks again everyone for all the kind words, sharing your opinions and info, makes this place what it is :verrygood

• Like 1

I love the part where you clear your head for the smoke test by puffing up SugarPunch & KO Kush for a week.

• Like 2

I love the part where you clear your head for the smoke test by puffing up SugarPunch & KO Kush for a week.

Well yea... ;) what else is a responsible toker supposed to do ?

I actually didn't even open the jar that whole week, so the smell and taste and high was accentuated and easy for me to pinpoint, but it's not like I didn't smoke for a week and my tolerance is down... Actually, I would not smoke Holy Princess if I had no tolerance, that would be stressful I'm sure. :whistle:

@Reverend Maynard

???

upon?

btw,

San, first of all quoting back an opinion I made on my own, based on my experience with a strain that I actually paid for is not really getting the point of open discussion. You took my quote completely out of context for exactly what reason? What I said above is about GROWING the strain, and I don't ever remember saying I liked that part. Again I smoke 7g of dank per day as prescribed so maybe I'm not always typing what I really what to express? Regardless, dude this isn't the first time you pulled this on me so it's anything but unexpected :D

While Chucky's still my favorite smoke of all time (I have access to more strains than you would imagine), it is by far NOT my favorite plant to grow and to me, the entire experience makes for a great strain.

After working with Chucks for the better part of 2013, I think I have the right to say how I felt/feel about it at any particular moment, or change my mind about it because as I went on I learned. I'm sure you take notes on your grows, at least I would expect that from anyone who runs as many strains as you do.

Back quoting me and seemingly holding my own words against me isn't a sport of gentlemen. That being said, that doesn't make me feel any less respect for you...we have something in common, and that's dank. I'm cool with that being where it ends :)

All that matters here is that TSB has a grasp on what I was saying. It wasn't meant as a knock against esko and I may turn around after selecting from these last Chucks beans I just popped and change my tune again...regardless whatever I have to say about then, it'll be honest, precise and hopefully helpful.

IMHO a 7 week finishing plant that stretches 300% and is genetically predisposed to showing deficiencies in perfect conditions is not a growers strain. It's a smokers strain. Holy grail plants are both.

As for Mexican freebies...there's enough vultures here to take what they can get for free, I'll pay for my beans so I can be honest about them when I can take the time to make reports like the one you back quoted on me :)

Take it how you feel like taking it, hopefully it's not negative.

Peace

RM

Very thourough bro! Makes me wish I had 2 of these plants in flower right now that I would love to cross with Selene...but, oh well..

As far as San n Rev, as I read this thread, I could see what San was getting at, but I knew Rev was talin bout structure. Sometimes these forums are like texts, they get taken out of text! Happens all the time with me. We bs as we go, and when its n a text or forumour emotional states or humor can be misunderstood.

But hell yeah, you gys have me intrigued about the taste and quality of this strain...sweeet!

• Like 4

you gys have me intrigued about the taste and quality of this strain...sweeet!

the quality and taste will never be a problem, and if peepz get or don't get what

really makes the structure in CB, then it comes down to simple opinions and these

have been expressed. you sure would dig her a LOT, bro :) (yo, hit her with a

heri-male and create an immensly tasty clusterfeck, hahaha).

@samy

sorry for all the mess in your beautiful report, mate.

esko did select from the offspring of his previous work for his "boudica".

so, it still was the "bad" male... if you ask rev ... even doubled up now.)

so, if you ask rev (???) ... "boudica" would be:

(cheese x eskos badly selected c99-male)

mated to

(santa maria x the very same, bad selection C99 male)

but this can't be right ...

i am sure esko knows his stuff (more then rev anyhow, imvho).

@rev

hahaha, no need to explode over this. i just don't like the flip-flopping opinions

(and the reasons about how opinions change from one day to the other). don't

be mad, rev .. i just noticed it and was the one that said it. hope you don't hate

on me now or so ... i just wondered about your sudden flip, that's it ;)

rev, u know i have respect for you. why would i go and buy a strain after

reading your opinion if it was not important to me ?? ... keep cool, eh? ;)

it is strange to read that your favorite strain has a male that "missed the boat".

i just wondered about that, but it is not the first time either that you contradict

yourself ... no problem, we are all just human and "errare humanum est".

also, it was not your opinon alone, mate (but i am done quoting for now ;)).

i am definetly keeping my opinons in check next time. i did not know this is

souch a tragic thingy, lol. it was not my intention to hurt you the way i did,

mate :(

btw, did you ever flower out a clone that just rooted and one that had some

more veg? did you notice them have different stretches, but coming form the

same motherplant?

for example:

i did flower out a holy princess that was just rooted. she was 7cm height and

she ended with a heigth of about 47cm (hundreds of % in stretch). but when

i run this lady vegged for a few weeks, she stretches not more then 150% ...

is it the "missed boat"-male in the cross ... or just the way i grow the plant?

(btw, the cheese is the stretcher not the c99, LOOL ;))

i may be a supernoob, but is this not right, what i say? (genuine question, btw.)

• Like 1

I think San and Rev need to sit down and smoke a big blunt of chuckys and hp lol.

San, I think he wasn't mad in the sense of you questioning him, but. Moreso I think he took it as you were calling him a flip flopper of opinion. His point if I'm not mistaken is that he has two opinions. One for finished product which is stellar, and another about how he percieves chuckys as a bear to grow. So I think while youeach have your points of concern, I don't think you are on the same page abiut why the wires got crossed in communication. At the end of tye day Escobar chose this male for whatever reason he did. I'm sure he had a reason. Now maybe rev doesn't like that choice, but it doesn't make anyone right or wrong. Just differences of opinion. I think the offense taken with rev was more someone questioning his integrity, objectivity and honesty; which I think he work hard at maintaining.

There may he some cultural differences in how some things are phrased as well and or taken in or out of context. We're all freinds. Let's play nice in the sandbox :)

• Like 2

I think San and Rev need to sit down and smoke a big blunt of chuckys and hp lol.

i'd be down for that, of course ... bro, rev knows i am not attacking him ;)

what u say about the stretch-thing, rev? you do have more experience

then me ... and maybe have noticed something similar befroe as well?

OK... Here's my Shiva99 female (update)! 74 days from seed..... I like the structure of this plant ..... next week I will hit the lower branches with Shiva99 pollen and unlock this bitch.

gallery_8111_3929_1009271.jpg

Also keep in mind that Ms Universe is 1/4 C99....Space Queen (Romulan X C99)....lots of C99 floating around the shop between Esko and Prof. P ....I guess I need to go a head and crack my Boudica seeds so we can add the final product to the mix. :)

• Like 2

@ vette

If San was at my front door, I'd welcome him in with a bouquet of joints of strains he's probably had wet dreams to, smoke him silly, read my last post back too him in the tone I intended it and there would be no mistaking how it was intended. A lot of what I learned about taking notes is that what I wrote yesterday can and will change tomorrow. It's part of evolving with the subject you study.

I apologize to TSB profusely for that happening in his awesome thread :)

• Like 1