•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Wrecks

No mother perpetual SOG

The tall man told me once to cut the bullshit, and grow some smoke! I lost my way there for many months. Growing is funny; great lengths of time can go by for nothing if you are being a fuckup.

I thought hard, and took things a step or 7 back, and am trying a way I had thought about long before I ever got seeds and lights.

At one point, this plant was in a 1L pot, and bad soil with a pH of 5. Nonetheless, it gave me 12 clones. They took awhile, and were rough, but got me started on my way. A little heavy with the soil organics, so I tone down one ingredient one notch @ next soil mixing time.

gallery_6332_4033_116204.jpg

Here's what that plant is powered by. My new hybrid light. Don't be jealous, now.

gallery_6332_4033_826.jpg

I had 12 rooted cuts that I planted into a fairly hot soil mix. Within a week, they were ready to top, so I took the 12 tops and am rooting them now.

I was anxiously watching for roots, and expecting the worst. These cuttings actually seemed to just keep growing, and I was thinking my nutes were way too high in the "mothers", and they wouldn't root, and just eventually die.

It ain't so! :)

Day 12 after cutting

gallery_6332_4033_22635.jpg

Here are the plants that will go into flower tomorrow; 3 weeks after that old mother plant went in. With roots showing from my latest cuts (whew!) in a timely fashion, it puts me on track to take cuts / flip / harvest / jar every 3 weeks, for a 9 week flowering period, if necessary. This is an "8 weeker" Skunk.

gallery_6332_4033_199720.jpg

The cuts.... Fuck that. The clones! :)

gallery_6332_4033_196014.jpg

The veg room

gallery_6332_4033_201443.jpg

This would bore the tits off of most of you, I think. I see many who grow multiple strains; each top shelf genetics.

I want to get in a rut for awhile. This way also gives me a chance to adjust things every 3 weeks. I want to lay in a good supply of this. I can always do some trading, if I get tired of smoking it. I have some Kali Mist fems that I would like to try growing, and I could give it a good try if I had a nice big stash of weed.

Hopefully I don't puke out. I'm just going to water and watch the first plant. There may be enough soil organics in there to see them through, seeing as they have tip burn now. We'll see.

Here's my current soil mix;

4 L Sunshine mix #4

1 L perlite

2 heaping tablespoons Turkey Trot (composted, granulated turkey manure) 6/4/6

4 heaping tablespoons Alfalfa Gold (alfalfa meal / worm castings / bone meal /humic acid) 4/5/3

30 ml Lime

15 ml Rare Earth (for silica; could use more, but had none before; maybe more down the road)

2.5 ml sulphur (15 ml is just waaaay too fuckin' much!)

GH Subcultures M&B

1 Love

• Like 7

Someday I'll settle down and dial into just a few different strains. Someday.

But i still have about 120 strains to go. Hope the rest home allows me to grow.

• Like 4

fuck yea, that's how to do it wrecks!

@ Mr. D;

I hear you on the rest homething. So many strains, so little time. I guess I need to have weed for patience in growing, then maybe I would dabble with new stuff.

@ Robo and Sam;

Thanks for the well wishes, dudes! :)

Cloning is one of the biggies in this way of growing. If I blow my clones, the rhythm is finished. No reason for that to happen; I just duplicate what I did before.

Made it to my first 3 week switch :)

gallery_6332_4033_66411.jpg

I took cuts a little late last time, but 2 are showing me their roots @ 12 days, so I'm going to plant them all out today. I like Saturday mornings for green jobs.

Although the first to flower look OK, I've been re-thinking my damn organic soil nutes. I just know that they'll become deficient later on, and I'll be guessing, and wondering if those nutes cause bad pH drop too, because it makes the soil pretty hot. I'll end up with excessive amounts of 1 thing, and none of another.

I'm ordering up some liquid nutes today, and starting today, I'm planting everything out into plain Sunshine Mix #4 with a couple tablespoons of Rare Earth for some silica, and some myco/bact. innoc's, and use Flora Nova, and take it from there. At least any adjustments I have to make from there would be based on knowns. I have a feeling that the F/N will rock the house, anyway. :)

I now have in my possession Flora Nova grow and bloom, and the last round of clones I planted out were put in neutral media, so I will have to use the F/N for that round.

As I look at my first 2 rounds that were planted into hot soil, I am now wondering if I should just keep going on with that soil mix, and keep the F/N in reserve.

You can see 1 older fan with yellow spots, but that one seems to be the exception so far. They've received only water.

30 days 12/12

gallery_6332_4033_13446.jpg

This pic of the next round looks pretty sparse and kind of scraggly. I took these about 1/2 hour after lights out. I think they relax pretty fast at bedtime. They are looking good, just a crappy picture.

9 days 12/12

gallery_6332_4033_19874.jpg

The problem with my solid nutes in the soil was always too much pH drop. Outside there is real dirt to buffer that stuff, I guess. Lime can take care of that, but if I get nutritional issues, I'm not sure I'm prepared to solve them properly, I would just be going by symptoms, and I'm sick of fucking symptoms!

I would love to see round after round of this skunk pull through with 100% organic soil nutes. Being able to just water is great, and this is a fast strain, so I should be able to pull it off.

In the meantime, I have to feed my next round F/N, so I'll have at least 1 round to try and compare. If they obviously just burst forth, I'll switch totally.

Happy growing and consuming all, and thanks for the look-see. :)

• Like 4

when using solid nutes you can't tell what the plant is getting throw the roots - it's not my cup of tea and not my first chose to use (outdoor is something ells) and there is so many good LIQUID nutes so i don't know why not to use them (F\N :)

the girls looks good after all - nice deep green!

I hope you understand my broken English.

wish you the best!

I understand you just fine, JD. :)

Why not use the liquid nutes? Good question. I am still undecided, but I will be using F/N for at least one round.

I'll have to see about growth difference, and smell and flavour in the finished product.

Everything takes so long in growing.

I'll call this 5 weeks into my no mother perpetual grow, although preparations started long before then. I should have called it organic no mother perpetual. After 1 round of feeding liquid nutes, I'm going back to soil organics. It makes it so easy, if you can moderate your pH with those hot soil solid nutes in soil-less media.

This is the first run. 5 weeks 12/12. Given only water so far, and that is all they will get to the end.

gallery_6332_4033_120059.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_191209.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_139922.jpg

Even with my burned out smell and taste, I begin to smell a sweetness in the air, and I can already testify that they are getting tasty. ;)

Here is the second run at 2 weeks of 12/12. Soil organics again, with a little different mixture than the first, which was a little hot, and nutes gave a pH drop; so, a bit less nutes, and a bit more lime.

gallery_6332_4033_202944.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_160817.jpg

Here is the next round, going into flower in 1 week. The one in the upper right, and the one in the upper left were held back from the previous round, and topped to give me more cuts. They should be leeched out enough to take the liquid nutes along with the other ten, which were planted into neutral media.

gallery_6332_4033_91213.jpg

And my next round of little buddies

gallery_6332_4033_243926.jpg

Soon, all areas will be full, and my first harvest isn't too far away.

I am thinking now that regardless of the results of my upcoming use of liquid nutes, I will go back to the organics.

I love being able to just water. I've even just been using straight up tapwater, no pH adjustment. My water has consistently tested at pH 6.8 max. Maybe that helps balance out those acidic nutes, and the lime takes care of the rest. lol, maybe. I'm enjoying working with this Orange Bud so far, anyway.

• Like 1

i hear ya wrecks. do u lollitop the branches/ take off some growth? maybe for such small ladies, u could leave some growth on them. i think the extra foilage will also allow slightly higher ec, so less burn etc.

• Like 1

OK, this is just an all text update, or whatever you want to call it. I live by myself, and no one knows I grows, so this forum is my outlet, and I'm going to unburden myself right now.

Two things have been bugging me just lately;

#1 I smoke too much pot, and the only drug problem I have is running out. Eventually this will remedy itself, as this perpetual thing progresses, but I am way impulsive, and after tasting this stuff at 6 weeks, I'm going to smoke the fuckers early. Even early and green, I'm enjoying it. There is no question when handling/trimming. It is not a faint odor. Put a pound of orange peels in a blender, and stick your face in it; same deal. It has some THC in it as well.

I've promised myself that I will never, ever sample anything again, or harvest early simply for the sake of getting high.

#2 I've been torn up about whether to keep going with the soil organics, or go totally neutral, and use liquid nutes.

I've decided once and for all to use Flora Nova for many successive rounds.

Back to square one. No perlite, (I'll manage the hydration) no turkey shit, no "Alfalfa Gold", no lime, no sulphur.

I want to pick a happy medium with pH. If I pH'd my tap water to, say 6.3, and with nutes mixed, it goes to 6, I would be thrilled with that, and so would the little skunkers, I think.

It's been quite awhile since I've posted pics of finished plants. It's bad, you know.

What does anyone think about GH Rare Earth mixed in the media for some silica action? Should be pretty harmless.

Now, post this drivel, or delete? WTF, I stopped caring about looking cool about 8 years ago.

• Like 1

Now that I have unburdened and diminished myself, I feel better, but enough of this gay banter. I am like a self flagellating Timex; I give myself a lickin' but keep on tickin'.

This grow is marked in 3 week increments, the latest being today, so I thought it would be a good time for an update.

I promised myself to leave all of my flowering plants alone until the end. No more tasting. That way lies madness, for me.

This round was given an initial pruning at 1 week into flower, and then supercropped on day 16.

Minutes after supercropping on day 16

gallery_6332_4033_162464.jpg

5 days later, they've shown me that they enjoyed this crushing and bending. Here's 3 different angles

gallery_6332_4033_8851.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_197275.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_164628.jpg

I switched my latest round to 12/12 this morning. I pruned some lower growth to make things easy for watering, and encourage top growth. This is the maximum number of pots I can fit in there, about 18 liters worth of soil, altogether. They got their first feeding of Flora Nova This morning, so I should really be able to see any major difference over the next few days.

gallery_6332_4033_189557.jpg

That F/N is some nasty shit! :) I shook the living fuck out of it, then stirred the hell out of the water, once added. It's like some kind of dark matter.

It will be interesting to see how cuttings respond from plants that were fed with these nutes. 3 weeks from now should see a pretty good difference in everything, I look forward to not touching anything, and giving proper updates until the successful end of a round

Ciao for now. :)

I like the way you do this grow.

I should try it once in my PLL Mirror box.

Thanks for the idea.

Thanks, B. :) So far, I like using many plants in small pots.

Now, I would just like to get my cuts to root a little bit faster, and all at the same time.

hey wrecks, check out self watering seed trays by burpee, these things are great for cloning. high sucess rate, low maintainance, and hears the kicker dude all cuts root within 9 to 12 days all at the same time! check out my cloning with self watering seed tray thread dude, these have made cloning fun for me and they kick fuckin' ass too! you gotta try these if you are having trouble cloning bro, seriously. peace and congrats on your new setup btw! go check out my 7 anesthesia clones under a 1000 watts, i used the self watering seed tray to produce every single fuckin' clone you see in that thread. i used everthing from rockwool to peat/coco pellets to bubble cloners/aero cloners and none have cranked out consistent results as well as the burpee self watering seed tray bro! peace and wellness to you and yours, amw

Thanks for stopping by, amw. I had a look at your thread before, and I am doing something very similar. Same principal, anyway. I have good success, just playing with temperature, which seems to be the most important factor for me.

Good to have your heads up, I may check your thread out again for a fresh idea or two. :)

I've been thinking and wondering a lot about my grow for the last few weeks. I've changed a lot of stuff, and I see a couple of good results, so I am eager to share my thoughts.

I was wondering a lot about how cuts that were taken from plants fed with liquid nutes would root. They are doing just fine. These 12 cuts, or should I say clones, were taken 15 days ago; 4 from soil organic donors, and 8 from liquid nute donors. 11 are showing roots, and the last one is looking good.

gallery_6332_4033_13731.jpg

The last of my use of soil organics for awhile. 3 weeks + 3 days. I think they'll turn out OK.

gallery_6332_4033_202253.jpg

Here is 24 days 12/12 in soil organics on the left, and 2 days 12/12 with liquid nutes on the right. Both had 2 weeks veg.

I did supercrop the 1 on the left a few days ago, but still, this is what I call rampant growth! Stalks, stems, leaves, everything is already bigger.

Makes me a little sad in a way for the past, and that this F/N is stomping the guts out of my organic efforts. :(

gallery_6332_4033_124345.jpg

I've tried out flooding the tables a couple of times, but they take a long time to suck it up, and I felt that top watering doesn't get the media so supersaturated. Plus, there's something satisfying about seeing that run-off come out. :)

I top water everything, but still, I want to make things as easy as possible. I don't want/need much lower growth, so clearing a path down low is no problem, and the old syphon with a wand and valve, and 5 gallons to work with makes watering a breeze.

gallery_6332_4033_142401.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_58774.jpg

I think I'll keep supercropping. That seems to be the easiest way for me to get a nice even canopy with no nets. I also like the way those lower down, separated ones chunk up.

• Like 2

These perpetual grows are very interesting to me, how many flowering/veg chambers do you have to manage in this setup to do this efficiently, is it only 2? I so want to try one of these, but it would require me to go back to dirt and I have been hydro for so long now. It is a tough thing to think about, with all the years I have been taking it easy with hydro. Thanks for sharing Wrecks, gives me more to think about and I love learning.

Thanks for stopping in, Starinhazy. I have 1 veg. room and 3 flowering stations. One 8 weeker strain keeps everything pretty much occupied; I have no room for other projects.

This allows me to do everything on a 3 week rotation.

Fresh clones are planted out, grown for 1 week, then topped for clones, vegged for 2 weeks, then into flower; cuts root over two weeks, then it begins again.

I don't think I'll do this for too awfully long. There are a lot of pots and plants to manage, and the cops would love to mention my plant count, should I ever get busted.

• Like 2

I'm going to do some lower pruning and supercropping on the latest round to go into flower, so I thought I'd put up some pics before I did that.

Here is 4 weeks of 12/12 organic

gallery_6332_4033_38663.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_216479.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_46483.jpg

Here is 1 week of 12/12 fed with f/N

gallery_6332_4033_174329.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_118938.jpg

This is just silly

gallery_6332_4033_177915.jpg