•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Wrecks

No mother perpetual SOG

Thanks, Saxo. Sticky is never a bad thing. :)

I was half thinking of giving my oldest round a shot of something, but I had a good lookover, and they don't look like they are wanting anything in particular that I can see. If there are any deficiencies, even mild ones, they show up immediately under these purple LED's. I'm sure anyone who's used them knows what I'm talking about.

Speaking of LED's, the question I've been asked most is about yield. I think you can yield well, but you really have to manage your height.

At 5 weeks, I am not going to feed these anything, so this first round will be 100% organic. There are 20 mains that have at least 3 weeks to go, so I think I can count on 2 ounces, for sure, from 90 watts. I'm hoping for 3 ounces. If each main averaged 4 grams, that would be 80 grams! :)

I'm actually glad that the last of my organic efforts is looking OK. I could take up where I left off.

gallery_6332_4033_141916.jpg

My first round in neutral media, fed with liquid nutes. I think a little of this F/N is going to go a long way.

This round will put the old Spiderman Special 90W LED to the test.

Here is 2 weeks of 12/12, pruned, and SC'd once, then again, for the last time, immediately after this picture was taken

gallery_6332_4033_81797.jpg

...and it goes on

gallery_6332_4033_137252.jpg

...and on

gallery_6332_4033_10184.jpg

...in perpetuity.

So, I want to get a couple of good harvests in, then I'll bring this thread to a close, because it will be totally boring after that. :) When I get a bunch of jars filled, I will move on to something else. I have 3 "12 weeker" strains on hand, so I think it will be one of those, seeing as I'll be all stocked up.

• Like 2

I made my room and spaces with some very specific dreamed up scenario's in mind, dudes, thanks for looking in. :)

I think that my next update will be on the 21st. That will be 8 weeks for the oldest round, and I'll most likely harvest it then.

For now, I'll just leave this with how things are right now.

gallery_6332_4033_82290.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_185715.jpg

gallery_6332_4033_101252.jpg

• Like 1

For me it has always been a love of growing, the harvested weed has a very close second. Enjoy

• Like 1

For me it has always been a love a growing, the harvested weed has a very close second. Enjoy

Randude I was just thinking about this. I love growing maybe more than smoking. Although I definitely love both.

Wrecks your buds are looking good. Fun watching them grow.

• Like 1

Nice grow wrecks!! Lookin' real good!!

Perpetual grows can be a lot of fun and make a lot of weed. I tend to agree with randude... I'm probably more into the growing aspect, although, I would like to get more into the 'medicinal' aspect of cannabis as well. I do enjoy the fruits of my labor on a daily basis... fresh from the jar!

Flora Nova is a good product, I know many that use it in soil. I've used it too, but now I prefer to use FloraDuo in soil... it's a customizable two part nutrient system... and it's less expensive than Flora Nova. I've been using it for a few years and getting better results than with FN. FloraDuo is cleaner and more pH stable than Flora Nova, as well.

It won't be long now, man! Keep up the good work wrecks!

DesertGrown

• Like 1

I grow perpetual, and it is sort of difficult to keep clones up. You have to think well in advance. Time to root the clones and time to veg them, a place to veg them and then flower. In a legal state one has to be careful with plant numbers to do it right. I get my flower room about 3/4 full and then buy or get as a gift plants from someone that has too many. This network is cool, as a lot of people grow more than they need to guarantee success and then have to throw away or give way plants. I just added two big bushy grape apes from an employee that are about three feet tall and two feet wide. Makes life a lot easier.

@ Mojo - Thanks for stopping in, and the well wishes. :)

@ DG - Thanks, man. :) I'm looking to the F/N for some consistency. By the time I'm done with this, I want it down to simple, repetative procedure.

@ Randude - Good to see you drop by. :) It sure does take some planning, and I had to forget all about plant count, but it is getting a lot easier, and more routine now. After a few rounds of this, I will look forward to growing a full round of something in big pots, and just watch them grow for weeks, without doing anything but feed and water

Hey Dogs.

I'll have enough weed to smoke from my organic round so that I will see the next round untouched through drying for a weigh-in.

It sounds like a lot, but I think these lights can do it.

It does amaze me what you pull out of your LED grows. Every time I consider a new light, I look at LEDs and then shrink away, figuring I'd give them a little more time to come out with the best thing since sliced bread at a lower price.

I still need to get a little light for a new mother cab, but I'm already leaning t5. Yes, I fear change.

I don't blame you for going tried and true, MD. LED's are high priced, and there are still a lot of sketchbags out there. I knew just enough when I bought my lights to want 2 watt diodes.

I think they will get better and cheaper as time goes by. Maybe a nice retirement home closet grow. ;)

Seeing as this round seems to be going strong, I am going for a deeper canopy than ever before. The lower nodes are responding by growing stalks, so maybe they will make nice little nugs down there. It will be interesting to see how these turn out. I hate to admit this, because low power draw and heat with LED's is what got me into growing, but I wish I had a 250w HPS in there. Instant QP+

Anyway, I am excited for the future of these little goons as is. :)

4weeks 12/12

gallery_6332_4141_28713.jpg

I know what you're thinking; I am, too.

If it is to be that way, I will dance the dance. :)

I've been trying to figure out how "deep" a canopy to keep. Under 1000w HPS, it's about a foot or less on hybrids and sativas brfore the lowest buds are too leafy and underdeveloped to be interested in for more than cooking or hash. On a mad scientist (way on the indica side) even lower buds are pretty dense.

My canopy has been Anything but even in the past few cycles. Too many strains, and varying starting times. I found that I can dip 100 Watt CFLs anywhere in the canopy. I am here to tell you those big CFLs make some dense frosty nugs.

I have an even canopy now and will have a pretty good harvest in about 6 weeks, but I don't rely on that. For a period in time I was harvesting about two plants every two weeks. Next cycle is going to be pretty cool now that I have the Girl Scouts involved

The first harvest from this perpetual deal. I've screwed up a bit, and smoked lots of immature stuff, but these 9 remained at 8 weeks, my target to harvest this round from day 1. This is also the last of my organic soil(less) haphazard strangeness. I'm glad that at least at the end, I had adjusted stuff to make a plant go all the way through with just water.

gallery_6332_4141_60729.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_217964.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_50757.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_113878.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_52276.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_105745.jpg

Too bad we didn't have smell-o-vision. When I started handling them, I got a full blast of I don't know what, but it smells really strong and good. Putting a fresh bud right up to the nose and sniffing kind of burns. Extremely pungent.

I think this is going to be some nice weed once it's slowly dried to smokeability. It has tasted pretty good flash dried and immature.

• Like 4

Thanks very much for the positive vibes, Rev., Robo, and Ran. Makes me feel good. :)

It's a lot of work, soil, and water, but this perpetual growing is going to be great for keeping me in weed. I have a few avenues for trading when I start getting sick of smoking the same pot. I'm going to keep this going until I have a stupid amount stashed away, then it's Sativa time.

In a way, this post is like starting over. I have no more plants in questionable soil; I'm all neutral media and F/N now. The change is nothing short of dramatic, which highlights what a fuckup I've been for the last couple of years *sigh*

Anyway, redemption can be a real cool hand, and I may have some coming. It will be more than just the nutes; I think my methods and management are really going to pay off now.

These are at 5 weeks. I just gave them a healthy dose of flower nutes, so they will probably only get water until the end. I have more going on under the net this round than I've had above it in previous rounds. I will be leaving it all untouched until I get a final dried weight from this.

gallery_6332_4141_56744.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_174806.jpg

Look, Ma! I'm growin' weed! :)

• Like 1

I did some pruning and training this morning, so I took my trusty Powershot with me.

These will go into flower a couple of days from now. I just pruned all of the lower growth off. I've found that this Skunk starts stretching as you are carrying them over to the flower room.

gallery_6332_4141_51706.jpg

I just can't resist pulling out the old nets. I Think I could just supercrop and arrange, but the net helps me make the most of the lights; in this case, 1/2 of a 90 W LED, and 2 - 23 W CFLs. 91 watts of raw power! They seem to be doing OK. I can't say I can see any difference in growth from one side to the other.

gallery_6332_4141_146771.jpg

I trimmed a few fans from these, just to get a little more light down below.

40 days 12/12

gallery_6332_4141_129091.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_128026.jpg

gallery_6332_4141_12988.jpg

• Like 1

Nice job Wrecks.

Alway's great to see something different than most people do.

What kind of sativa's are you going to grow when the jars are filled up enough? And wil it be with a 250 Watt's or more than that.

Grtz,

Ikke

Hey Ikke. I have some Kali Mist, I think I'll see what I can do with those. Lights will be the same; 3 - 90 waters.