•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

flip

Amsterdam 2013 - Strains you must smoke?

Hey guys (and girls),

I'm next week in Amsterdam and wanted to ask if there are actual recommendations for very nice smokes?

As I want to see something from the city and do activities, it shouldn't be too stoney. :sleeping:

I know that there are a lot of good buds waiting for me and I can't go wrong with a few stores, BUT maybe

someone know something special that I would probably miss if I just decide there with my gut instincts.

So what would YOU definitely smoke if you were in Amsterdam next week? And Why?

PS: In this scenario It's just about the high, not the smell, taste, color or density.... :whistling

lovely greetings

flip

• Like 15

I maybe have particular tastes, it was not easy to me to find good smoke in coffeeshops.

Finally i found good one in grey area, and in other little coffees, out of the tourist area.

Price is atrocious.

good trip !

• Like 1

Ya, Grey Area is definitely our first stop on day 1 to get some Chocolope! It was my girlfriends and

my favorite daysmoke at our last visit. We tried also Greyberry for the night.

Do you remember a name of one of the little coffees?

What I really want to smoke this time is a strong psychedelic haze. Didn't find it last time, but hadn't

the time to try enough. I thought I will find it in Super Silver Haze, but was very disappointed from it. (Dampkring)

I like that kind of high that you could describe as "trippy".

• Like 2

If you grow you definetly dont want to spend cash on buds in the 'dam/ You'll end up paying 15 euros a gram for weed that's - in the best case - barely as good as yours...

If you still want to smoke weed try: Voyagers, Green Place, Grey Area - Morrison Haze at The Doors and Blue Cheese at Barneys.

I would advise you to smoke import hash - the Dutch or bubble or any name they use being bubble you can do yourself if you grow.

Import are in my opinion the only thing that's "special" in Dam when growing weed, i wouldnt even advise judging a strain based on what you smoke in dam. It might be a bad representation, poorly dried/cure weed, might not even be the strain it says it is...

If you end up smoking import hash:

DeGraal: A bit far away but one of the best coffee shop period. The hash menu is amazing. Gardela is one of the best morrocan at a bad ass price. Super cream is more pricey but a piece of art and well worht it's price. As far as black Kashmir is my favorite but again the entire menu is amazing!

Bush Doctor : again the menu speaks for itself. I'd go mazar i sharif though ;)

Optional: Blue Bird / Kashmir lounge / If your lazy : Damprkring/Tweede Kamer Rifman selection Sensabile.

Peace!

• Like 1

Ya, Grey Area is definitely our first stop on day 1 to get some Chocolope! It was my girlfriends and

my favorite daysmoke at our last visit. We tried also Greyberry for the night.

Do you remember a name of one of the little coffees?

What I really want to smoke this time is a strong psychedelic haze. Didn't find it last time, but hadn't

the time to try enough. I thought I will find it in Super Silver Haze, but was very disappointed from it. (Dampkring)

I like that kind of high that you could describe as "trippy".

Check out Dr Greenspoon/Utopia Haze/Liberty Haze at barneys. Although it's a big name type of coffee their weed is properly growned and cure - ass oppose to green house. I'd stay away from their hash that are way over priced thoug - again as opposed to green house where the malana cream is pretty bad ass.

Morrison haze is one of the tastiest haze i've smoked in Dam - with panama haze from green house at Htcc two years ago - i wouldnt call it trippy in a psychedelic way though. If the batch looks good you can have a look at Hawaiian snow at green house it's on and off but when it's good it's really good.

If by trippy you mean mood enhancing/giggly type of shit you should shoot for an hybrid i'd say. The haze in dam tend to be more of a mind fuck or some kind of "rocket fuel" more than social/happy sativa. Black hash have a high thas is very unique and sativa like you should give it a try ;)

Peace!

• Like 1

Hi guys. Good thread. I'm planning on a trip to a'dam at some point in the near future and was wondering the same thing.

I haven't been to nl for quite a few years, since I lived there for a short while. I used to go to a coffeeshop close to my apartment called "katsu", wich sold very good hash. Also smoked some blueberry that was probably the best tasting weed I have ever smoked.

Dampkring was another shop I sometimes went to when in the city centre but like I said, that was a few years ago so don't know what these places are like nowadays.

I always wonder if any coffeeshop's (a'dam or elsewhere) sell any sanniesshop strains..? Probably not, as his strains are not as 'commercial' as some of your more well known strains.. If there was I would definitely like to check them out.

Anyway good luck with your search for a trippy sativa mate :) and have a great time!

Peace.. Lung

"Betty Boop" coffeeshop has some of Sannies strains. If you want to know, what´s on the menu, you can visit "coffeeshopmenus.org" on the net. It `s not always up to date, but gives a good overview.

smile

• Like 3

I didnt found much trippy ganja, even the DrGreenspoun was disappointing.

Maybe at the grey area, WestsidePurple, one purple-pink bud covered of cristal, a anised aroma.

Try it and you will tell me!

Smoking 30 strains in 5 days is not really a good experience - you can't remember.

• Like 1

All I can say is, you guys are shattering my illusions of Amsterdam! Next thing you know you'll tell me Santa Claus isn't real.

• Like 4

Amsterdam is still a beautifull city, holland is beautifull. I'm sure you can find verry good ganja, it's not fast and easy. Its even better like this.

Hola,

didn't expected that much input today, thank you!

The point why I generally prefer weed is that I don't need (or at least

just a bit) tabaco in my spliffs. I don't smoke tabaco normally and when

I do too much, it hits my circulatory hardly.

But I will definetely try some import hash! Just ordered some tabaco

replacement without nicotine for amsterdam. ;) DeGraal sounds perfect,

as I like chess and it's only a few streets apart from our hotel.

I will also try a haze from barneys. Not sure yet which. Wanted that last

time too, but the place was overcrowded and didn't seem that sympathic to us.

Growed some Hawaiian Snow a few years ago and liked it much, maybe I do

a comparison. :P Also I think I must try some more stuff from Grey Area.

But what really got my attention is that Betty Boobs has some Killing Fields!

(coffeeshopmenus.org/Betty%20Boop/Menus/Betty%20Boop.html)

Also growed it some day and really really liked the smoke. So I have to

try it! But do someone know about the quality from Bettys stuff?

greets!

• Like 1

Katsu coffeeshop. And another one for Grey Area. Hope you have a fun vacation. Peace.

• Like 1

All I can say is, you guys are shattering my illusions of Amsterdam! Next thing you know you'll tell me Santa Claus isn't real.

Be proud that what you grow is up to par with what guys are smoking in cali or canada. Amsterdam use to be up there but Canada took the lead for a while and now the US seems very much like the #1 place for dank - again i love amsterdam, not only for the import hash but the vibe is bad ass people are super friendly and relax - except for the bud tenders :P

If you ask me everything weed related in dam tend to suck - and museum prices - but the rest is bad ass and well worth it - plus being abble to smoke nepalese, kashmir and morrocan in the same day is better than christmas to me :)

Peace!

never been, hopefully someday. Enjoy the trip!

Another vote for Grey Area and Katsu. If Grey Area still have Yellow Cab on the menu, hit it. They carry a lot of DNA gear and that's not a bad thing at all.

• Like 2

Again, thanks for all your opinions! I just deliver a few questions more... ^_^

Any particular stuff to try on Katsu? Or just the overall quality?

And any tips for coffeshops/smoker friendly places with a nice ambient? Not about the weed, just for chilling

and smoke some weed I already bought. :spliff:

And at last but not the least: Any none smoking related tips to go to in Amsterdam?

I was disappointed to see someone was disappointed with Dr. Grinspoon. :( That is one I would like to try if it was available.

• Like 1

All I have to said is that almost all the CS I like are close of the Singel district (Graacht), Amnesia, Prix d'ami, Homegrown Fantasy, Abraxas... all was great for me and if you pass door and can buying something the Grey Area.

Near Nieuw Markt the Green place also friendly with good choice... B)

p.s: thought it was pretty longtimes but all I mentioned had good review since years.

The special amnesia in the amnesia coffeeshop have something special. Not necessary extraordinary, but worth a try, to be sure.

And a place to chill out, and meet some stoners, can be the lucky lake. Its near amsterdam. Nice place for a a couple of days!

Paradox and Hill street blues on the market - get a milk shake - are two of the best place to chill out in my opinion.

@Wrecks: get half a g or a 5 euro bag and make your own opinion on it ;) It aint the best sativa on earth but the batch i've smoked had a nice ginger taste and the high was enjoyable..

Peace!.

• Like 2

Beware there are two different hill street blues, hill street blues on the market is next to one of the best coffe shop when it comes to tasty weed - Green place Honnestly some of the tastiest strains i've smoked in the last two years where there but it aint cheap though - they make a bad ass milk shake - i'm not the type to spend on food and beverages so take my word for it - and budtenders are chill and play good music.

Hillstreet blues -not on the market - is more of a Bluebird or 420 type of atmosphere if i remember, more chaty cool to meet people while the one on the market is more a chill out and meditate type of place like tweede Kamer or Paradox ;)

Have fun - and dont forget to bring a towel haha

• Like 1

Hey!

Sorry for the late reply, there were some strange things happening with the server systems

I administrate while I was in holiday and didn't get out of work when I was back at home.

If I have much real life stress, I don't even think about forums. ;)

It was fucking rainy in Amsterdam so that it wasn't as nice as it is in summer. I love to just

walk through the streets, watch street artists, feel the vibe and just be outside. But nevertheless

it was a nice trip because of the coffee shops. ;) Through the rain in many shops were

no seats left and if you walk to a specific shop and get unbelievable soaked (not just wet),

it's really depressing if you can't get inside with a nice seat.

So we started to give a shit about my list and mainly just took the shops that were on our ways

anyway and offered a nice sit.

I won't list all the clubs and bars we were in for sit/drink/smoke, because we were in a lot

to get away from the rain. But I will try to get the "smoked" list complete:

- G13 Amnesia (Dampkring) -> first place on day one to get away from the rain after checking in. nice bud and a good start!

- Yellow Cab (Grey Area) -> one of the best buds and highs this trip! want some more!

- Super Lemon Haze (Greenhouse) -> nice smoke in the Vapocane, really liked the high

- (xxxxx?) Cheese (Grey Area) -> shit, heavy hit after all the "light" sativas the whole day long, nice! not even sure about the name

- LA Woman (Grey Area) -> it was the replacement for Chocolope. Nothing to really complain about but the buds wasn't as nice as the others from Grey Area and I liked Chocolope (and Yellow Cab) more. But nevertheless nice! Grey Area only delivered high standards.

- Killing Fields (Bettys) -> nice strong high!, not much different from that what I've grown (isn't criticism)

- Laughing Buddha (Barneys) -> light smoke, good for the morning, but nothing special in compare to other smokes. overpriced!

- Dr. Grinspoon (Barneys) -> very very disappointing, it was like money trashing.

- Gardela (DeGraal) -> very disappointing too, but cheaper. it was just exactly like the shitty stuff I can buy here on the streets so that I was thinking about if I really got Gardela. After this misstep I coudn't argue my girlfriend and her brother to try some more hash. But we were anyhow very satisfied with some buds from other shops and liked to stick with nearly pure weed joints. (all non tabacco smokers) Ah, and the bong from DeGraal (that we needed to smoke the hash) was the worst bong I ever smoked.

peace

flip :tu

• Like 1