•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

ReverendMaynard

Rev Does Chucks 3 : Hunt for the Tilly Pheno

First off, the Tilly pheno doesn't exist (YET) but it's the only thing worth looking at in the Chucky's films and I personally think she's super hot and curvy so nothing wrong with that :D

This is my 3rd of eskobar's Chucky's Bride (C99 pineapple male x Exodus Cheese female) and hopefully out of the last 7 seeds I had left I'll find a ChBr pheno that I enjoy to grow as much as I love to smoke. The first pheno I kept and ran from clone was a bitch to keep as a mother, clone and had a bit too much nodal spacing...but the smoke itself is just mind blowing good in the smell, taste and high.

I'll also have the usual suspect along with the Chuck's this time around. The awesome cherry AK47 that I just performed miracles on to revive the mother and get her cloning again. She was cloning at a rate of 1/30 so cutting the roots back, transplanting her and putting her on a strict diet of super low EC, humus and silica she's made a complete 180.

The second strain I'm working with is Brothers Grimm's Apollo 11. This is not a rework, it's an original selection from an original BG seed pack. Super excited to grow it, not excited about how many pm's I will get asking for it.

Also on the bill I have been lucky enough to get a legit cut of the original Legends Seeds Legends Ultimate Indica. This one took a 3 month reveg as I pulled the clone from a mid Aug flowering outdoor plant so now she's in full veg mode and ready to give.

Here's a tent shot. I adjusted the color so it may look a bit weird but it's better than HPS orange :)

Back right is the AK mom, right is the Apollo 11, to the left of that is the LUI and the smaller plants in the 6" pots are the remaining 5 ChBr. 7 seeds popped, one died, one as sexed male (garbage) and one has sexed female)

gallery_3695_3952_448825.jpg

• Like 7

Wow Rev, great way to celebrate the new year and it's new laws for you: an all star grow!

I will be following closely for sure :D

Question about your soil and feeding: is that just plain light soil and you slowly started feeding them with your usual mix of AN Lucas style-ish + PK was it?

of course everything looks very healthy... can't wait to see what ladies you come up with from the chucky and discover these clones as well. :verrygood

Will watch this for sure. I have a chuckys mom that to me looks nice and not leggy but who knowa how she will act in flower as I haven't run her yet. She'll be coming up soon though as my current run winds down.

I'm glad to read that you're going on a pheno hunt on chucky's - along with all that bad ass genetic (I wont send no pm dont worry :P )

I'm running CB right now, go tthat "legy" pheno you talked about and an other one that's more on the cheese side. Really excited about trying them out i've been on a hunt for a legit cheese for a while and it seems like i found it. I'm leaning towards trying each and every eskobar cheese cross as it's clones seem like the real deal. No one from barneys to DNA got me such a legit cheese profile...

Anyway, i'll look closely on your own grow, best of luck!

Peace!

Wow Rev, great way to celebrate the new year and it's new laws for you: an all star grow!

I will be following closely for sure :D

Question about your soil and feeding: is that just plain light soil and you slowly started feeding them with your usual mix of AN Lucas style-ish + PK was it?

of course everything looks very healthy... can't wait to see what ladies you come up with from the chucky and discover these clones as well. :verrygood

Great to have you here brother. All I'm using is ProMix BX. No more "Lucas" style with the Jungle Juice...too many issues so I'm back using 3 parts, and using those 3 in equal qty's as suggested for veg. Per 3g of tap water I'm using 7.5ml of all 3 parts, 3ml of DNF Black (humic acid) and 3ml of Botanicare Silica Blast all pH'd to 6.0 as per ProMix instruction. This all comes to 1.1EC or 550ppm. From what I've noted so far, for the setup I'm using...this is the golden veg mix :)

My license is good until April 2014 :)

Will watch this for sure. I have a chuckys mom that to me looks nice and not leggy but who knowa how she will act in flower as I haven't run her yet. She'll be coming up soon though as my current run winds down.

Right on man, hope she smokes anything like what I've seen so far!

I'm glad to read that you're going on a pheno hunt on chucky's - along with all that bad ass genetic (I wont send no pm dont worry :P )

I'm running CB right now, go tthat "legy" pheno you talked about and an other one that's more on the cheese side. Really excited about trying them out i've been on a hunt for a legit cheese for a while and it seems like i found it. I'm leaning towards trying each and every eskobar cheese cross as it's clones seem like the real deal. No one from barneys to DNA got me such a legit cheese profile...

Anyway, i'll look closely on your own grow, best of luck!

Peace!

Haha, the only ones to pm me in the past for the cherry AK are 0 post members doing google searches.

Speaking of DNA, I may be folding Kosher and/or Holy Grail Kush into this grow, all fems so straight seed runs with no selections.

Cheers all,

RM

The second strain I'm working with is Brothers Grimm's Apollo 11. This is not a rework, it's an original selection from an original BG seed pack. Super excited to grow it, not excited about how many pm's I will get asking for it.

This is kinda sad! Not sure why this bothers me so much but it does. People shouldn't ask for things, especially from people they don't know. Just my take on it. Looking good otherwise and here is to hoping you find that mother of ChBr you are looking for.

It's inevitable islay. I think people just can't let go of how canna forums used to work and how this one works. This ain't Over Grow!

Peace

RM

• Like 1

Having grown both of them i wish i had kept a Kosher cut rather than thinking i would find a kosher pheno in the holy grail pack. Both are great, but Kosher is something special when holy grail is a mix of #18 and Kosher, just a watered down Kosher if you ask me, just like exodus Ksuh was a watered down Exodus rather than a bad ass cross.

I'm effrayed they came up with to much cross they might not have tested as seriously as their old school stuff. Kosher is something special though, not the usual Kush - HGK is quite stretchy!

I might jump into Dynasty's Kushes as many of them seems quite unique themselves - cck!

Peace!

Looks good Rev ! Keeping the focus on quality. Do you have a 5000K cfl to light those ladies in the photos ? I hope the other seedlings all show female. :smoke

Thanks barney, second lady Chucks popped up tonight. They all look identical so I'm thinking variance is going to be subtle, a selection challenge I gladly accept! All raised on 6500k CFL's :)

Also found some spider mites tonight. All plants treated with Dr Doom aka MF_Doom (for any underground hiphop fans out there ;) ) Not a crazy infestation so it'll be neem for on-going treatment after another hit of the Doom.

Peace

RM

• Like 2

Thanks barney, second lady Chucks popped up tonight. They all look identical so I'm thinking variance is going to be subtle, a selection challenge I gladly accept! All raised on 6500k CFL's :)

Also found some spider mites tonight. All plants treated with Dr Doom aka MF_Doom (for any underground hiphop fans out there ;) ) Not a crazy infestation so it'll be neem for on-going treatment after another hit of the Doom.

Peace

RM

SOFA KING is still one of my all time favs! That whole album is great.

• Like 1

Just a quick update:

Spider-mites are getting their asses raped by Doktor Doom...the shit is bad ass. The trick as most know is to get these little douche bags on the hatch/lay cycle. I'm on the second cycle now, and with tent temps at 83, which is ideal for spider-mite reproduction, hopefully that's the end of them. All because I took that LUI cut from outside and didn't quarantine it...my bad.

Other than that minor hiccup, all of the plants are looking bad ass. 4 Chucky's Brides have shown their vagina's, I'm betting that the 2 remaining are either 1 female and 1 male or 2 females which would make that a 8/10 female pack. They are very uniform other than size/vigor. Selection may not be that difficult, the largest most vigorous female wins every god damn time. Smells range from Hubba Bubba bubble gum, Maynards Wine Gums, Cheesy nut-sack aka Parmesan, old Cheddar and old school skunk spray.

Pics coming sooner than later,

Peace

RM

• Like 3

7 seeds, 1 weak sprout culled, 1 male culled , 6 females. First 3 popped, 2 of 3 females. 8/10 ladies from a regular pack = growers lean.

1 weaker girl already cut and composted, 1 more girl will get the same fate tonight, leaving me with 3. 2 of the 3 are identical to the previous selection, this pheno showed up in 7 of the 8 ladies from this pack so it's definitely the dominant.

If I can pass on anything to anyone, it's don't flower every female that comes your way, fill your space and time with the strong and unique plants that will reward you. If you're new, learn how to identify things like hybrid vigor(not just large plants in a short time, it's also massive root systems, thick cell walls etc), early structural pattern, sexual maturity time and other subtle traits like smells, trichome development).

• Like 2

That dominant pheno is probably the one the breeder was shooting for. Sounds good so far.

( spider mite douche bags FTW :) )

We'll see what the shorter more compact pheno brings :)

Spider mites are no match for pyrethrins. They die instantly and as long as you stay on top of the hatch cycle it is 100% effective.

Should be interesting to see if you got the low stretch pheno that I had. I had nothing to compare it to, but I'm thinking a stretchier pheno would have had more room for buds.

Jennifer Tilly, from the movie Chucky's Bride :)

She's a good looking lady, lots of curves...just how I want this shorter pheno to develop like.

• Like 1

Jennifer Tilly, from the movie Chucky's Bride :)

She's a good looking lady, lots of curves...just how I want this shorter pheno to develop like.

If you find her, you have to share some photos :dribble:

gallery_6278_2645_4046.jpg :likken: :likken: :likken: :likken:

• Like 1

haha.

Here's an update. Selection has narrowed the remaining ChBr down to 3. 2 regular pheno's and 1 shorter, stockier. These will go to the finish.

Cutting a healthy female plant down for the sake of a better environment for the more desirables? No brainer.

Front are the ChBr, center is the one I'm really interested in. Back left is Apollo 11 and right is the LUI. A bit of leaf damage from the Doktor Doom apps, but I'd rather that than mother fucking bugs!

gallery_3695_3917_375239.jpg

Peace

RM

• Like 2

Some weird looking curling leaves in the center cbh plant, did that doktor doom stuff did that?

Grdz e$ko,

yeah that's from the Doktor Doom esko, I timed the application for lights off but the coating was enough to smother some of the tissue and cause some damage 18 hours later when the lights came on. With the higher, dryer temps the applications really had to be 3 days apart to get the hatch cycle under control. Now they heal and get ready to enter flowering.

Thanks for popping in,

RM

Good stuff Rev, hopefully that stocky pheno puts out.

Glad you got the bugs under control, nothing like seeing happen in Flo and not being able to treat it correctly.

Thanks man. I would gladly cause some damage in veg to control those bastards. So far all inspections clear but have to keep a close eye.