•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

sannie

Organic questions for sannie

This topic is opened because there is need for my customers to ask questions about organic products and discus about it.

So shoot if you want to know what you always wanted to know :book:

greetz sannie

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest BrockSamson

I read a thread posted back in 2008 about reusing B.A.C. soil. You gave a couple of really good answers in that thread, but I still have a few questions:

This is what I got out of the thread ; If I want to reuse the soil from my current grow all I would need to do is soak it with final solution, add lime (maybe a few extras such as worm castings, bat guano, humic acid etc...), and replace the top 2 inches of soil.

Wouldn't the roots of the previous plant inhibit root growth of the future plant (the roots would get in the way?)?

How long till the roots from the previous plant decompose and the soil is usable again?

Is this really all there is to it?

Wouldn't the roots of the previous plant inhibit root growth of the future plant (the roots would get in the way?)?

How long till the roots from the previous plant decompose and the soil is usable again?

Is this really all there is to it?

Just leave the roots in there and don't stir them up, this because the mycorrhiza is colonized on these roots and when stirring up the chanes will be broken, it can take weeks to colonize again.

The roots will be used as nutrients by the soil life, the best slow release nutrient you can have.

greetz sannie

• Like 8

Hi sannie got a question wanted to ask , I grow in bio bizz soil all mix and there nutrients my question is do I need to ph the feed ? As I herd on organics you don't need to ?

Hi sannie got a question wanted to ask , I grow in bio bizz soil all mix and there nutrients my question is do I need to ph the feed ? As I herd on organics you don't need to ?

I don't know bio buzz good enough to give you a good answer

When growing with organics icw soil life you don't need to measure ph and ec anymore

greetz sannie

• Like 1

Hi Sannie. Question when making your own soil mix is it important to let it 'cook'in the sun (outdoors) or can you just let it sit indoors? I ask as I did some outdoor this summer after taking info from a thread on Subcool's Supersoil and it introduced a lot of non beneficial critters to my flower room, spider mites and also at least a couple of Vine Weevil Grubs in the soil itself. Thanks.

I have a few questions about Bacto. The directions talk about a gram per square meter, but that's not handy when using pots. How many scoops of the little spoon per litre should I use? And can I mix in organic nutrients with Bacto, or should I give them separately? Is it a good a idea to add some bacto to a homemade aerated tea? Thanks!

I have exactly the same question than MostyMe Sannie...

I use to brew bacto in tea since 3 growth, adding mycorhizae at end just before watering, but I'm asking about... I think it is useful, just need confirmation ?

About cooking the soil Benefit cuts... I think you can make it indoor for 2 weeks (or more) if you have bugs outdoor. I need confirmation also...

Thanks mate, all the best.

• Like 1

When I use Sannies bacto I put one scoop in 3 liters of water then put one liter of that in each 15 liter pot one day after watering. Most of the time I add humic acid & molasses in the same mix. I have added guano or other organics at the same time if the plants need it.

The 1 gram bacto is for the amount of water you have to give on 1 square meter, so if you have 9X11 liter buckets on 1 square meter you can 0.1 gram of bacto on one 11 liter bucket.

Bacto is a organic product that can not be over done so there is enough space to experiment.

Using bacto in brewing thee is great, using mycorrhiza in thee has no sense because mycorrhiza will develop when they come in touch with roots so they will not multiply while brewing.

greetz sannie

• Like 4

How long do the organism in Bacto survive? Do the have to be regularly replenished, or do they continue to multiply and grow in the soil?

How long do the organism in Bacto survive? Do the have to be regularly replenished, or do they continue to multiply and grow in the soil?

The bacto will provide the needed bacteria into your soil, by using them frequently you will be sure the positive bactria will keep the upper hand. The cocktail of bacteria and humid acids will kick start your soil.

I use it as a kind of aspirin, when I see my plants are having a rough time bacto will always help them.

greetz sannie

• Like 3

An other question about trichomes, I find that resin from plant fully organic grown, looks not alike "mineral" resin, the glands (the stem not ball) seem shorter... It's like the resin gland is closer of the buds and leaves organically. Is it my growing skills or I have a bit true ?

Thanks

An other question about trichomes, I find that resin from plant fully organic grown, looks not alike "mineral" resin, the glands (the stem not ball) seem shorter... It's like the resin gland is closer of the buds and leaves organically. Is it my growing skills or I have a bit true ?

Thanks

I have not noticed this yet.

What I do know is the biggest difference between mineral and organic growing is the taste of the end product !

greetz sannie

I have not noticed this yet.

What I do know is the biggest difference between mineral and organic growing is the taste of the end product !

greetz sannie

Ha ! Then it seems that my organic growing skills just begin to expand.

I remarked also that my last organic growth in soil/coco mix bring more resin despite I put only water because the mix was already strong amended.

Thanks to have wrote your experience Sannie... :smoke

Greetings

Hi there.

Just starting to use Sannies organics, i have one doubt, im making a 50 litter pot for one big plant, how much Bacto i have to use for the transplant??, in the bottle says 1gr/litter for clones and 1gr/sqm every 2 weeks.

As i understand, for the transplant i need to use 1gr/litter, so if i use 8 litters of watter for the 50 litter of soil i need to use 8 grs of Bacto for the first time and then after 15days if plant needs, add 1gr/sqm??

Also one more thing, using this organic method there´s no need to adjust ph and ec??

Thanks befforehand ;)

Hi there.

Just starting to use Sannies organics, i have one doubt, im making a 50 litter pot for one big plant, how much Bacto i have to use for the transplant??, in the bottle says 1gr/litter for clones and 1gr/sqm every 2 weeks.

As i understand, for the transplant i need to use 1gr/litter, so if i use 8 litters of watter for the 50 litter of soil i need to use 8 grs of Bacto for the first time and then after 15days if plant needs, add 1gr/sqm??

Also one more thing, using this organic method there´s no need to adjust ph and ec??

Thanks befforehand ;)

When transplanting a seedling (after germing) to the bucket of soil you can use 1 gram a liter bacto, when using bacto while growing you can use 1 gram (dissolved in water) with every square meter.

When growing with 4 steps from sanniesshop there is no need to adjust PH, even better your soil will love the extra lime. Your soil life will regulate the needs of your plant. In other words : plant asks and soil life provides what is asked.

greetz sannie

• Like 3

When transplanting a seedling (after germing) to the bucket of soil you can use 1 gram a liter bacto, when using bacto while growing you can use 1 gram (dissolved in water) with every square meter.

When growing with 4 steps from sanniesshop there is no need to adjust PH, even better your soil will love the extra lime. Your soil life will regulate the needs of your plant. In other words : plant asks and soil life provides what is asked.

greetz sannie

Hi.

Understood, i´ll follow the 4 steps very carefully.

Thanks for the fast replay ;)

Hi Sannie,

A question about reusing soil. I know you recommend replacing some top soil with fresh stuff and growing directly on top of that, roots and all still in there. But how about when you are not planning to grow for a while? Can I just store my pots whole for a few months and then reuse them, or should I empty my pots and get rid of (most of) the roots before I store my soil?

Hi Sannie,

A question about reusing soil. I know you recommend replacing some top soil with fresh stuff and growing directly on top of that, roots and all still in there. But how about when you are not planning to grow for a while? Can I just store my pots whole for a few months and then reuse them, or should I empty my pots and get rid of (most of) the roots before I store my soil?

You can leave your pots for a couple of months if they are stored dark and moist, the roots will be fuel for the organisms. If the mycorrhiza stays alive I can not say for sure. ( I think they do)

greetz sannie

• Like 1

The tolerance of AM fungi to freezing and drying is known to shift between AM fungal taxa.

By WIkipedia. :) So it seems some of them will get through.

The myco that Sannie sells should be able to stand some drying, given that it's dry when you get it.