•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Crowmax

Crow's growtents

Hi opengrowers!

Recently i bought a pack of reg. Herijuana and Chocolate rain.

Started to germinate 2 seeds from each pack and ended up with 2 chocolate rain seedlings. Herijuana seeds cracked but one didn't made it after that and the other died from my mistake.

So, after a month veg, i ended up with 1 chocolate rain female.

The chocogirl was under 105w fluoros all her life (she is around 2 months old now). And she is going to stay in veg stage for 2-3 more weeks, until i harvest some ak-47 that are in the flowering tent.

Some info about the setup used:

Veg tent: 80x80x160 cm, 105w fluoro lighting, exhaust fan, vent fan.

Flowering tent: 120x120x200 cm, 400w or 600w lighting, exhaust fan with carbon filter, vent fan

Nutes: trying AN micro and bloom to see if they are better from my old GHE grow, bloom, micro

Additives: some trichoderma and mycos from time to time to prevent root rot and help growth.

Medium: water! dwc style single pots or connected as a r-dwc

Growth style: usually scrog, because i run only 1 up to 4 plants per run.

Here is the chocolate rain, you can see some training i do now to the plant, so it can shape up better when i put in under the HPS. Her branches are very strong and often i have to brake them a bit before they become wood. The scrog net is kind of loosy but it helps me sometimes like this.

gallery_8799_4156_28779.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_75351.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_46245.jpg

The next 2-3 weeks updates gonna be kind of boring but what can we do, it takes time

• Like 2

Hi guys thanks for join in :smoke

A yesterday's photo from chocolate rain

Still under 100w fluoro, can't wait to put her under hps light and start her flower.

gallery_8799_4156_18357.jpg

• Like 1

Hi OG

1 week passed, and today the chocolate rain girl got under 400w hps light! Finally now she can grow and stretch all she wants.

Tomorrow i harvest the other grow, so the Chocogirl will be moved in the big flowering tent.

Feeding dosage is very low, only 0.5-0.6 EC she doesn't ask much!

Let me now take you a walk into the veg tent... the chocogirl

gallery_8799_4156_37425.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_176613.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_266994.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_106197.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_62084.jpg

and into the flowering tent, 2 ak47 plants, flushed and ready for harvest.

gallery_8799_4156_439006.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_592286.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_347955.jpg

• Like 8

I'll pull up a beanbag for this one. The Chocorain is alot of fun. Can't wait to see which pheno you got. I got 2 diff, one def leans to cocoa kush with good strech for about 2-3 weeks after you switch to 12/12, other is about 1-2 weeks, but has thin sativa finger leaves that weep the whole grow, buds have more cristals on them, but first run was not near the producer compared with the cocoa kush pheno, kept both and running again to get a better feel and see how they do with diff setup. Enjoy the ride.

I've always had a mind towards keeping plants green to the end, but I must say that your AK47's look like they will be very tasty.

I keep an eye on grow reports like this to see what others are doing, and if I like what I see, I try to incorporate it into my grow to some degree.

BTW, nice surprise pic with the AK47's. :)

Wow that AK47 looks great ! Like Wrecks noted about the leaves being shot is strange but it did not hurt the bud production. There are so many big, fat healthy colas !

:wave: Glad you liked the pictures guys.

@starinhazy I agree, and specially the good comments on this strain from the opengrow community made me buy the seeds. Your sativa pheno sounds like what i wish i find but my plant doesn't look much sativa. Good thing is there are still 8 seeds here waiting. You still running the chocolate rains? You post your grow here?

@Wrecks i'm happy you liked the pictures. Well a few things went wrong with the AK47 grow. First i switched to new nutes (Advanced Nutrients bloom and micro) and went straight away with producer's nute dosage recommendation. Then when i saw the 1.9 EC to my water mix i was too lazy to put it lower and just left it like that for 2 weeks :D Soooo... I can't really complain ... it's my fault but after some years of growing I can't have my grow at "High priority" anymore, because of other things running/to-do in life.

Also the strain sometimes motivates the grower to work with the grow, i grew the AK before and it's not really my taste anymore so i wasn't really in mood to keep things best possible.

@barney yes barney hopefully there are still some nice funky buds there. :kill:

I will post some harvest pics if you don't mind in a while! It was a busy night yesterday :dope:

Hi guys :comp:

a small update from the garden

At the weekend the plant will be moved in the bigger tent, and start 600w. Probably im going to veg 1 week longer under 600w, im don't know how much she will stretch in flowering... any ideas?

I have lost how old the plant is. Just for the history should be around 2.5 months old.

I will do another update at the weekend

Some pics

First pic, just want to comment that i left her a bit starved for few days. EC dropped at 0.3 EC from 0.6. Now i feed her with 0.8EC and see how she is doing. Also had some PH unbalances (4.1 ph for a couple of days) because she drank all the water and i hadn't checked it in time.

gallery_8799_4156_230931.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_66585.jpg

here i want to show you how much i had to press the branch so it doesn't overgrow. First time i do so extreme branch braking to control the grow... she looks fine tho.

gallery_8799_4156_18922.jpg

Another pic i want to share with you guys are the chocolate rain clones, with some crazy rooting. Haven't seen that before in my grows. They showed roots very fast at 1 week. Usually what ever i clone it takes for sure 2 weeks to show root.

gallery_8799_4156_47926.jpg

• Like 1

Day 1 flowering today ^^

Moved at the big tent (120x120x200cm) and 600w hps light.

E.C @ 1.0 (AN micro, bloom and GHE diamond nectar inside).

gallery_8799_4156_274375.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_47910.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_219552.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_150452.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_1620.jpg

• Like 2

Very cool man...I literally just found about 9 seeds of heri x choc rain....both excellent by themselves..also cool together

Guest BrockSamson

Looks great crow, It's always good see another scrogger. That Ak-47 looks like it yield pretty well. For some odd reason, at least it seems to me, once the plants are in the full fledged flower (past week 7) the leaves no longer matter and the buds fill in either way. The same shit happened to me last grow.

Going to have my eye on this grow (would like to see how the choco rain reacts to the scrogging)

btw ,do you trim under the scrog? I don't know if you've tried it before, but it "supposedly" increases yield (the plant focuses its energy above scrog). I haven't tried it without, so I wouldn't be able to tell you the difference.

gallery_8402_4060_4775389.jpg

I don't know about you, but for me this is an oh shit moment everytime (even though this is technically what scrogging is all about)

gallery_8402_4060_2143378.jpg

• Like 2

hey brock, loving your scrog. i usually cut off lower third of all my plants, but im not in scrog. people i know i scrog do it also tho. and add a fan underneath the canopy. they say the additional air underneath does wonders.

@BrockSamson Hi! Chocolate rain so far reacts nice to scrog, no problem at all and i break her branches a lot.

And yes i did trim last grow, on this one i did again but it seems like it needs more. Probably will do at around 2 weeks flower one more round.

1 week flower

only 3 pictures because things are still ''boring''

i added a second fan down to move air under the screen.

EC is around 1.0-1.1 and they eat AN's micro, bloom nutes.

They have some small signs of underfert (some lower lefs gettings yellow and die) but i don't want to push the EC up, maybe will try up to 1.3 this week.

gallery_8799_4156_135842.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_127894.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_112636.jpg

@Crow - Looking great, get ready for some stretch! That Chocolate Rain loves to keep going. Both pheno I have go hard for at least 2-3 weeks once you switch. Chucky's bride also has some decent stretch but slows after 1-2 weeks. In terms of the 'log. check it... I am finishing up and still need to add my final notes on Chocolate Rain, then was going to add some updates form a clone run I did as I am getting to know the individual plants, Esc0b@r released some great genetics there.

Thanks for the information starinhazy ! I hope she goes well.

How your chocolate rain buds taste and smell?

2 weeks and some days into flowering

Some photos from the day before yesterday, quick snap photos

Excuse my wrong white balance on camera, result too much green looking photos, next time i will photo them with lights off.

EC is still 1.0-1.1 (AN micro & bloom) Looks like they could eat a bit more, maybe 1.3 EC)

She has nice trichomes already on her fan leafs and some on the flowers. Not any smell yet.

gallery_8799_4156_46163.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_152295.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_124132.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_190669.jpg

• Like 1

Looking good Crow. I got some chocolate rain seed last month and plan to crack some next month. Thanks for showing yours.

I hope you find some good phenos barney

Fresh photos, lights off, 17 days flowering

She looks healthy generally so im not going to raise EC more than 1.1-1.2

She has many many small branches and growing tips under the screen. I try to trim them off but i can't reach everywhere (1.2m x 1.2m tent) and im not so young anymore to stay in weird positions trimming :(

gallery_8799_4156_361222.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_604022.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_485683.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_683698.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_187686.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_142503.jpg

gallery_8799_4156_21878.jpg

• Like 5

I've really been enjoying this thread, looking really good! Choc Rain is surely on my next order. Subbed and will pop back in to see how it's going...

gp