•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

dasheesh

POTUS comes clean about cannabis .... finally

Actually the ACA website woman is a Colombian national. She isn't a US citizen.

I meant Sebelius (or however her name is spelled).

I'm not mod and I don't wanna be, but I think, "Its 6 yrs in and you obamaroids are still blaming bush,lol Give it a rest," gets into the political shit that's banned here. All the other political shit was cannabis-connected until then.

Slug it out to your heart's content, but if you drag non-pot politics into this board, you will bring the board down.

come on guys, chill out :)

get stoned, ehhhhh I mean medicated, and relax ;)

we are doomed, it's all about politics. there is corruption on every fucking level, it makes me so sad to stop and think how money runs the world..very sad my friends.

oh well, I'm just glad there still is a couple of good persons around. always treat someone with the same respect you want to get back.

peace

oldschoolsg

• Like 1

Wow this sure blew up, wow.

A little good news, a US President Finally saying the truth, that Most People already knew has turned into a political/racial fued. Stop that. United we stand, remember?

I know that if Obama wanted anything to happen on his watch, all he has to do is hint it. He can make things happen that are not in his immediate control. All he has to do is state that the drug should be rescheduled on TV and it would start to happen. But as MrD says, he wants to be taken seriously and supporting pot isn't taken seriously.

• Like 1

Thanks for the Jerry Springer moment guys :wave:

My grandmother said " If you cannot say something nice, say nothing "

I think I will go smoke some pot gallery_6278_2645_5969.gif

• Like 5

And this thread just proves why talking politics usually ends up....SUCKING BALLS

Its nice that Obama came out and said what everyone has known for all eternity, does it change anything?

Only time will tell...

The words he spoke were very strong even if they were spoken in a subtle manner. There has never been a sitting president who has come forward on this topic and in such a way. He doesn't have to answer to the voters again and this keeps him safe. Many countries in our hemisphere have been discussing the legalization of cannabis for some time now. Latin American nations have grown weary of the US war on drugs and the impacts it is having in their countries.

Having said this, his words are now reverberating around the world. He is the most powerful political figure in the world and he has now said we must move forward with legalization. Foreign governments are now going to begin discussing these words and taking actions such as the change of policy in Uruguay. Back in the 50's, US policy was to strangle out communism in southeast Asia first because it would cause what would come to be referred to as the Domino Theory. This theory states that by commissioning change in one country, surrounding countries would be forced to change on their own.

Unfortunately, this theory could never be proven because the Indochinese wars were nationalistic wars and the existence of world communism did not carry any monolithic force. The Sino-Soviet split that began between China and Russia had already begun on its own and unaided by this particular outside influence. In reality, these conflicts were caused by nothing more than disagreements between the two that escalated to other nearby countries. What little spread of communism happened in this region had more to do with the war in Vietnam and Vietnam's political ambitions than a direct involvement in or direction from the regional hegemony.

What is happening with cannabis can more likely be described as a Reverse Domino Theory rather than the more commonly known Communist Domino Theory. The Reverse Domino Theory is applicable to cannabis because in entails a political influence in the region rather than an induction of military aid. The influence in this case would be a direct reduction in crime involving those who traffick in cannabis and the eventual collapse of the of the criminal organization. Money raised by and for the sovereign state also has an empherical influence that once examined has a positive and intrinsic value. These values can be seen and studied and depending on success, have the power to influence surrounding sovereigns and induce the prescribed change within their own borders.

As you can see, when examined scientifically, it becomes obvious that change can be directed within a country or set of countries with little to no military force used. The POTUS as the world's most powerful leader has the power in his words to cause such political change the same way he can cause an economic shift that are directly related to his foreign policies. Other countries, seeing the most powerful figure in the most powerful country in the world, will now be open to committing to their own change. It's like all the kids in the neighborhood wanting to wear the same kind of shoes the local basketball star wears because they associate it with success.

These words of his were very powerful and are going to continue to reverberate around the world. Look for major discussions to begin around the world that will be directly related to his comments.

• Like 1

..... come on..........

I agree that Obama has a lot of clout and his talking on TV in support of it will have a lot of influence on other countries, but it is not absolute. Canada, for instance, is a very proud country and does things opposite to the US, possibly to prove that they are not influenced. In many ways the same could be said about Mexico. A lot of counties, people and cultures Hate the American culture and repel against it.

Anyone that thinks that legalizing marijuana is a small thing hasn't got a clue. The impacts on law enforcement, prisons, probation departments, drug counseling, the impacts on commerce are huge. The shifts that would happen would be world changing. 2,000,000 people are in American prisons, and half of those are for drugs. A good many of those are in for marijuana. A change to legalization would be one of the biggest changes to happen to this planet in 100 years. It would touch everyone in some way or another.

I believe the reason that communism failed in the USSR is because it goes against human nature. People need a reason to try harder, there has to be a personal reward. You can keep people at bay for just so long and eventually water will seek it's own level and the will of the people will come to be.

The words he spoke were very strong even if they were spoken in a subtle manner. There has never been a sitting president who has come forward on this topic and in such a way. He doesn't have to answer to the voters again and this keeps him safe. Many countries in our hemisphere have been discussing the legalization of cannabis for some time now. Latin American nations have grown weary of the US war on drugs and the impacts it is having in their countries.

Having said this, his words are now reverberating around the world. He is the most powerful political figure in the world and he has now said we must move forward with legalization. Foreign governments are now going to begin discussing these words and taking actions such as the change of policy in Uruguay. Back in the 50's, US policy was to strangle out communism in southeast Asia first because it would cause what would come to be referred to as the Domino Theory. This theory states that by commissioning change in one country, surrounding countries would be forced to change on their own.

Unfortunately, this theory could never be proven because the Indochinese wars were nationalistic wars and the existence of world communism did not carry any monolithic force. The Sino-Soviet split that began between China and Russia had already begun on its own and unaided by this particular outside influence. In reality, these conflicts were caused by nothing more than disagreements between the two that escalated to other nearby countries. What little spread of communism happened in this region had more to do with the war in Vietnam and Vietnam's political ambitions than a direct involvement in or direction from the regional hegemony.

What is happening with cannabis can more likely be described as a Reverse Domino Theory rather than the more commonly known Communist Domino Theory. The Reverse Domino Theory is applicable to cannabis because in entails a political influence in the region rather than an induction of military aid. The influence in this case would be a direct reduction in crime involving those who traffick in cannabis and the eventual collapse of the of the criminal organization. Money raised by and for the sovereign state also has an empherical influence that once examined has a positive and intrinsic value. These values can be seen and studied and depending on success, have the power to influence surrounding sovereigns and induce the prescribed change within their own borders.

As you can see, when examined scientifically, it becomes obvious that change can be directed within a country or set of countries with little to no military force used. The POTUS as the world's most powerful leader has the power in his words to cause such political change the same way he can cause an economic shift that are directly related to his foreign policies. Other countries, seeing the most powerful figure in the most powerful country in the world, will now be open to committing to their own change. It's like all the kids in the neighborhood wanting to wear the same kind of shoes the local basketball star wears because they associate it with success.

These words of his were very powerful and are going to continue to reverberate around the world. Look for major discussions to begin around the world that will be directly related to his comments.

:lol:

We can only hope so,but dont hold your breath ;)

Okay, so let me see if I have this straight. Obama, who we have witnessed at 'beer summits' with 'Joe the plumber' and others, thinks cannabis is either no more dangerous than alcohol or less dangerous in terms of impact on the individual (he said both), yet he still views it negatively and thinks it should stay a Schedule I. But he's cool with alcohol, which he sees as more or equally dangerous. No wonder our country is so screwed up. That just makes absolutely no sense!

He's had six years to lead the legalization cry. He hasn't done it. Now, he's being pulled into it against his will and he's playing both sides. He doesn't want to say its bad and he doesn't want to say its good. The usual double talk. Instead of clinging to the railing and dipping his toe in the pool, he should just jump in and do the right thing. CHANGE. Remember?

:lol:

We can only hope so,but dont hold your breath ;)

Okay, so let me see if I have this straight. Obama, who we have witnessed at 'beer summits' with 'Joe the plumber' and others, thinks cannabis is either no more dangerous than alcohol or less dangerous in terms of impact on the individual (he said both), yet he still views it negatively and thinks it should stay a Schedule I. But he's cool with alcohol, which he sees as more or equally dangerous. No wonder our country is so screwed up. That just makes absolutely no sense!

He's had six years to lead the legalization cry. He hasn't done it. Now, he's being pulled into it against his will and he's playing both sides. He doesn't want to say its bad and he doesn't want to say its good. The usual double talk. Instead of clinging to the railing and dipping his toe in the pool, he should just jump in and do the right thing. CHANGE. Remember?

No, you do not have this straight.

Is it a good thing that he is talking about cannabis? Hell yeah,but could he do more? You goddamn right he could ;)

He begged for the job ,now he has it ;) He needs to Roll up his sleeves and get to work :D

DOGS

• Like 1

If he is so worried about minorities being abused by the system , he could fix it ;)

No he can't. You should go read article 2 section 2 of a document called The Constitution of the United States. This document, which is seldomly read by the citizens of the United States, includes all the powers of the Chief Executive. I am going to guess you have not read it because it is very clear with which responsibilities he has been duly charged.

• Like 1

Being the master of time and space, and superseding any paltry earthly authority, I have only one thing to say;

• Like 2

...... will have a lot of influence on other countries.......

...i´m hopeing so! we actually imitating all the US shit,but since the NSA-scandal i´m not realy sure

• Like 1

America has been the driving force behind prohibition worldwide. Mostly because we can afford it, or could till recently. The rest of the world will be happy to drop this burden soon as we do.

Everything that happens happens because of money. That's the only thing that motivates our govt and the people who own it.

Its true for the NSA fiasco too.

The real agenda of the NSA; to find all of the off shore tax shelters so the IRS can start taxing that, and to follow the flow of money laundered here in the US so we can start charging for that service. Also to spy on industry worldwide to give ours an advantage.

The idea that its actually being done to thwart terrorism and protect citizens is a child's fairy tale.

They are after the money.

• Like 8

Ed Rosenthal said this today

Although many see this as progress, it is not enough, especially from a former editor of the Harvard Law Review, a trained lawyer and professional writer. Barack Obama knows the difference between facts and opinions, for him to make such a statement is the opposite of progress and should not be celebrated because knows better."

No he can't. You should go read article 2 section 2 of a document called The Constitution of the United States. This document, which is seldomly read by the citizens of the United States, includes all the powers of the Chief Executive. I am going to guess you have not read it because it is very clear with which responsibilities he has been duly charged.

yes he can ,its called work ;) stop playing Bball and golf and get his ass to work :lol: I admit the guy talks a good talk but thats about all he does .

Oh and I have a pocket Constitution I take everywhere with me ;) Maybe he needs to read it.