•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

hybridhygro

3rd time lucky DWC scrog

Thought I should start a thread so you guys know I did not just find them picture I posted…lol…This is veg had to last 10weeks so it takes a bit of doing. Lots of neglect to start with…low light levels and hardly any food…

I started this berry bomb clone in a small grodan block, then into a jug with a small airstone.

gallery_9653_4215_118316.jpg

It looked like she was trying to flower looking at the trichomes. gallery_9653_4215_46917.jpg

I got a new 300w CFL Bulb and started feeding her, it done the trick, normal growth resumed. gallery_9653_4215_28269.jpg

gallery_9653_4215_338035.jpg

I do lots of LST (low stress training) on my scrog plants. Using pegs is an easy way but it dose damage some leaves. I only did this one time for a few hours. The rest of the LST was done by hand ; )

gallery_9653_4215_196760.jpg

Then the problem with soft water started.

gallery_9653_4215_402608.jpg

I soft top my plants I think the happened on the second or 3rd topping. …

gallery_9653_4215_299513.jpg

More LST

gallery_9653_4215_146106.jpg

I did not have any soft water nutrients but I did have cal-mag. I fed her 400ppm Cal mag.. BIG mistake! She went dark green…Never go above 250-300ppm cal-mag…

gallery_9653_4215_398708.jpg

gallery_9653_4215_332905.jpg

she looked well messed up for a few weeks…long roots but all out the bottom???

gallery_9653_4215_85766.jpg

I got proper nutrients for soft water and she’s looking good again.

gallery_9653_4215_318653.jpg

Topped her again last week. She’s got one more week in here. I’ll top her one more time before I move her into the flower tent.

gallery_9653_4215_524626.jpg

If I had not messed up with the Cal-mag I would have been overgrown by now so everything has worked out perfect : )

gallery_9653_4215_186903.jpg

This is us up to date : ) I don’t use anything fancy I only got the most basic of nutrients but I think I can get my 1gram per watt ambition this time : ) 3rd time lucky…Plus I’m called Robert (after King Robert Bruce) if you know the story. I’ll just try, try, try again until I do it, just like the wee spider.

Happy growing everyone

• Like 6

Plant looks like it recovered and is doing well. Good luck as you start to blossom! I'll be checking in. thanks :spliff:

• Like 1

Nice I do like a good scrog :wave:

Thanks mate, scrog and DWC are still pretty new to me. but i'm getting the hang of it ; )

• Like 1

Hey Hybridhygro,

I am vegging a AK47 cut just now for a1m2 scrog in a 20lt organic grow

gallery_8118_3564_95333.jpg

Excuse the state of her,she has had a hard life up to now.About another week veg before the flip.

I will be watching your grow with interest

stay safe

• Like 2

She looks good ! She is a big plant. Keep it green. :wave:

• Like 1

Hey Hybridhygro,

Excuse the state of her,she has had a hard life up to now.About another week veg before the flip.

stay safe

I knew i had seen a scrog ak47. Some plants are real hard to scrog. velvet bud was a nightmar for me. Never see such a dark green waxy looking AK47 (i grew only ak for about 5 years) She looks good mate. soon as you flower her she will fill up your space : ) look forward to seeing it..all the best mate

• Like 1

Sweet cut in a nice DWC...my all-time favorite method.

She looks beastly mate, nice job.

As an aside, urban's AK looks like it's bouncing back but that dark shine is not a sign of good health, waxiness on plants that are not naturally waxy ( like aloe vera, jade plants...etc) is a bi-product of stress. It darkens and becomes reflective to be more efficient at reflecting light than absorbing it :)

Peace

RM

• Like 2

Sweet cut in a nice DWC...my all-time favorite method.

She looks beastly mate, nice job.

As an aside, urban's AK looks like it's bouncing back but that dark shine is not a sign of good health, waxiness on plants that are not naturally waxy ( like aloe vera, jade plants...etc) is a bi-product of stress. It darkens and becomes reflective to be more efficient at reflecting light than absorbing it :)

Peace

RM

Thanks for the kind works bro. She's be a monster by the time i'm done with her...lol...thanks for the waxy green info. i'll keep an eye out for that in the future.

Hey Hybridhygro,

stay safe

I just noticed we got the same tent bro ; ) you got creative making your scrog net corners. well done mate

• Like 1

I like the way you LST'ed with weight instead of strings/obstacles. I actually had a similar idea come to me in a dream a few nights ago... the premise is as follows:

You have glass marbles with mini eye-bolts screwed into each marble. Then, with twine, you can create a length that suits the height of the branch you're trying to weigh down. For soil at least, I figured leaving glass marbles laying on top of the soil wouldn't cause problems like them growing mold or something, even when watering... I dunno. Like I said, this came to me in a dream! :P

Anyway - that plant looks magnificent... Now lets see the flowers!

Awesome pics! What the hell is that camera model? I sure want one! I like how your plants look, happy and healthy, the way they should be! As should we humans! ;)

• Like 1

I like the way you LST'ed with weight instead of strings/obstacles. I actually had a similar idea come to me in a dream a few nights ago... the premise is as follows:

You have glass marbles with mini eye-bolts screwed into each marble. Then, with twine, you can create a length that suits the height of the branch you're trying to weigh down. For soil at least, I figured leaving glass marbles laying on top of the soil wouldn't cause problems like them growing mold or something, even when watering... I dunno. Like I said, this came to me in a dream! :P

Anyway - that plant looks magnificent... Now lets see the flowers!

Thanks buddy. i'm sure you could buy some ready made with holes in them ; ) you can use just about anything weigh them down ; ) it will be two weeks before i flip her into flower. i'll be posting pictures all the way to the end ; ) have a look at my test pictures for what the flowers will be like...lol...

How the roots are doing now. they looking a lot better to me, you can see the old discoloured roots, but they are turning back to white. I'm now using H2O2 in small amounts every few days. Not long now until I move her to the flower tent.

gallery_9653_4215_188020.jpg

• Like 5

It's good to see you had better luck than me with berry bomb. I had a whole 10pack refuse to germ. How was she to grow?

It's good to see you had better luck than me with berry bomb. I had a whole 10pack refuse to germ. How was she to grow?

Hey bud, that was hella unlucky. did you let them know? i would hassle the hell out them if it was me...lol...1st time was nft then clone, clone, clone. My mate got 3 Fem seeds gave me 2. kept the best one ; )

Berry bomb update.

I got her moved into the flower tent last night. Cleaning the big rope tub and air-stones & lines in H2O2. I’ll flush it well before I put her in the big tub. Then it’s a weeks veg to let her acclimatise then think about flowering her ; )

Pre LST

gallery_9653_4215_701936.jpg

After some Light LST

gallery_9653_4215_833120.jpg

She’s pretty big already

gallery_9653_4215_422409.jpg

You can see how I’ve opened up the plant to let more light get to the lower bud sites.

gallery_9653_4215_464031.jpg

I’ll post more soon as I do anything more ; ) I’m looking forward to this one.

• Like 4

Time for an update.

She got move into the 45ltr rope tub easy enough, She’s now on her low plinth. I let her settled in for a few days. She’s looking big, so time to flower this girl ;) 12/12 from now on.

I made up my scrog net again. It’s just drainage piping and 4 corners and some screws,string

gallery_9653_4215_258765.jpg

The net went in pretty easy. I’ll lower it when everything else is ready.

gallery_9653_4215_130288.jpg

How she’s looking before I monster crop her.

gallery_9653_4215_22295.jpg

Plant after a not too heavy monster cropping session

gallery_9653_4215_483781.jpg

Drop the scrog net on and pull some back though the net.

gallery_9653_4215_432691.jpg

Plant profile. I’ll be cutting away under the scrog net out over the next two weeks. Strip out anything not getting direct light.

gallery_9653_4215_246599.jpg

I’ll be moving and re-arranging things over the next week or two, trying to fill the net up.

gallery_9653_4215_291692.jpg

That’s it for now. I’ll take her vital statistics and post them next update

• Like 9

Awesome! So clear, could be an instructable. Looking at this helps me to envision my own scrog, regardless that you have a hydro and I a soilbased set up. Principle is the same though! Good luck with the grow, looking real nice!

• Like 1