•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

hybridhygro

3rd time lucky DWC scrog

Holy smokes, Bob, she sure looks happy and well! Like like like! You have figured out what works for you and stick with it. Just look at that evenly filled yummilicious canopy, folks. How much left you reckon Hybrid? What is your estimated yield on that grow?

• Like 1

Hey buddy, she’s got 30-35 days to go. It’s had to estimate what I’ll get at this stage. I’m not obsessed about yield, I want to hit 1g per watt at some point but I’ll be happy with 0.5g this grow. That’s 300g. For me quality will always be ahead of quantity :) with scrog you can have both ;) I'm still not sure DWC is for me? I might get a bigger nft tank and do a 2 plant nft scrog? got plenty time to think about it. then again if i smash this grow I'll stick with it...lol...

• Like 1

you did such a nice job training her and got such an awesome even canape, just killing it.

did you mention earlier she was under a 600? makes sense her being such a greedy drinker.

i'm going to predict / guestimate you'll get a little north of 400 grams. figuring that the bud at each tip is going to fatten real nice and that they will produce an average of 6 grams for each, and she has over 70 tips. yowza.

think that'll be enough for personal smoke?

have you read escobar's thread 'How to Grow Hydro Flood Style'? i highly recommend it if you haven't.

https://www.opengrow.com/topic/44421-how-to-grow-hydro-flooding-style/

the concept for flood and drain is wonderfully flexible and gives a lot of the benefits of DWC but is much more stable and forgiving. much more.

• Like 2

hey bro. I switched to 600w 2weeks into flower. i hope I can get 400g, that would be nice, enough to last me for a long flower next grow ; ) I got jackberry and Herijuana waiting in the wings for me next attempt :) I was away having a look at that link...Thanks for that ;) flood to waste looks good for me. i know a dude who runs his nft tank like a flood and drain set-up....I'm all over the place unsure what i'll try next? I've started in coco so that might be the way to go. flood and drain style ;)

if you already have clay pellets you can mix them with coco. they work very well together and give a very nice balance of drainage and water retention.

whatever method of hydro you use, a bigger reservoir will save you work and worry.

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice mate. i got the next grow in a homemade coco. perlight & pebbles mix ;) it was a slow start but they are getting there now. 5 or 6 weeks veg then hope i can flip them to flower ;) Even at 700ppms she's still eating half it in one night. I'll just keep it at that until the end. only 5 weeks to go :)

• Like 2

i wish i could love human woman with the same aspects i love for cannabis girls: fat and proud to be big eaters. and the stinkier the better.

what's cannabis have in common with a fat girl? they stink more in hot weather. drum rap.

• Like 4

Berrybomb update time day 36 flowering.

Is that a week already, well it’s 3 or 4 weeks to go and she’s looking no bad. No funky smells at the root zone, I can just lift the lid enough to have a sniff. All cool at the root-zone. She’s looking a bit darker now I started feeding her enough. She’s also showing slight burning at the tips. I’ve dropped the feed back down to 600ppm. I’ll just stick with this until a week before the chop. Pictures from last night.

The Canopy

gallery_9653_4215_389107.jpg

Closer shot

gallery_9653_4215_200223.jpg

The Artistic undergirth picture…lol…

gallery_9653_4215_820790.jpg

Buds front left

gallery_9653_4215_233082.jpg

Buds front right

gallery_9653_4215_507081.jpg

That’s us up to date…Any questions or advice are welcome :)

Uncle Bob

• Like 7

That is a lovely looking scrog, and it looks real healthy.

I dig the under shot. Very cool see where all of the work happened. :)

• Like 1

start of my favorite stage of a plants life with the early color blush and full crystaly coverage of the buds. beautifully photogenic.

i'm surprised you got any burn at less than 700 ppm, especially if she was eating enough to drop ppms in 24hrs. i'm not certain of what scale your pen reads in, it may be that that is a hotter nute mix than i've been thinking. unfortunately that will cost you a little in final yield but you caught it fast enough and got everything so nicely balanced now you're gonna kill the finish.

in mid flower i aim for an n/p/k ratio about 3-10-8 and i'll give two or three feedings at three to five weeks before finish with a p/k flower booster. starting around three weeks to end i drop ec to about 60% until trichomes get their first sign of clouding. then i lower ec in steps from 50% down to about 20% and only add back water till end. 5 days before cut, when trichs are a little less than 5% amber, i flush with clerex.

i would cut the last inch off the leaves that have burn and/or discoloration from under feeding. it'll help with light penetration and the plant won't waste energy trying to repair the damaged areas.

what i'm the most impressed by is how many flower sites she has and that there wont be anything but full sized buds with almost no popcorny crap.

this first run of bubblegummers from seed i let go mostly untrimmed but future runs will all be kept high and tight. the larf from them is better than what you might expect though, they get more light on lower branches in a vertical set up.

• Like 1

Hey @Oscart47 I got a small fish tank heater for when it’s cold (I forgot to put in tub this time) Don’t think I’ll need any chillers ? it never gets that hot here ;)

@DreamOfGreen. I don’t have any pk boost or anything apart from the base GHE nutrients I’m using. I do got Ripen (never used it before) for the week or 2 before the flush.. Your reduction method sounds sensible, I’ll give that a go. Thanks mate. I am playing around with the ratios to see if I can give her a pk boost ;) I’ll try to keep her happy until the finish ;) She’s filling out slowly but surely…I almost wrote surly…lol…hope she not a surly girl ;)

I know it’s only 6 days not a week but I thought I would do an update anyway ;)

We are almost there, not long to go now to the finish…just over 2 weeks …it’s a 6-8 week strain according to the breeders. That was 6 weeks yesterday. Day 43 today. She’s starting to show her purple colours again. It’s been cold and clear…I’m happy enough after seeing @Crowmax’s scrog. You can see the flower development in the pictures ; ) I’m using GHE Ripen for the 1st time, running that for10 days at 700ppm then flush for a week. This takes me to 10th April approx chop date ;) bubble hash (or @fatrasta style hash?) for my birthday later in the month ;) You’ll be getting bored with my pictures so I’ll put a few bud more shots this time ;)

Top View

gallery_9653_4215_641138.jpg

Some Bud shots

gallery_9653_4215_850534.jpg

gallery_9653_4215_145047.jpg

gallery_9653_4215_1151617.jpg

gallery_9653_4215_706422.jpg

17 days to go :)

• Like 1

Those look so yummylicious already! What's the smell like?

Lomons and skunk mate...lol...ona gel needed soon me thinks ;) fuck am stoned..i can hardly type...lol..

Hahaha - I second GhostPoet's reaction... things are looking great!

I counted 37 buds before I got lost :P But I'm guessing ~60 tops? What does everyone else think? Someone will count them for me, I know it - i'm just too lazy :P

Hahaha - I second GhostPoet's reaction... things are looking great!

I counted 37 buds before I got lost :P But I'm guessing ~60 tops? What does everyone else think? Someone will count them for me, I know it - i'm just too lazy :P

More likely around 70 I got lost after 50...

Lomons???...lol...Lemons!...!...I think I got to 70 one time ;) I’ll let you know in a couple of weeks. it would be nice to hit my target of 1g per watt. I don't think it will be this time? berrybomb has giving me all she's got (i think?) I would be happy with 350-400g for now…lol…The branch I seeded looks real heavy. Good sign ;) After jackberry and herijuana dwc it's Kolossus that's going in. I think this is when I'll hit my 1g per watt mark ;)