•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

starinhazy

Caramel Candy Kush | KO Kush x Chocolate Rain | Some clones

last scrog grow I trimmed a lot, couple days after it got just as bushy...figured I would leave pretty much everything on top, just clean the middle leafs and the lower stuff to keep a good air flow :D

I removed literately bags of leafs...from now on I will let them be,

I will just remove the leafs blocking branches to grow properly with vigor :)

have a good one guys!

oldschoolsg

Well for this run, decided on trimming the leaves. Like you Misterdirt, I normally do not do this, but guess you should shake it up every now and then and see what you learn. I am not going for a full removal, only trimming some of the tips, I will leave good surface area for light absorption but trimming the tips off like hair I am hoping will improve light/canopy penetration. A lil here and a lil there.

Finished and it seemed to open things up nicely without the brutal destruction of the leaf removal altogether. I will see over the next day or two how they react, hoping I don't shock the hell out of them, but some of these fans are just taking up too much room and horading the light all to themselves.

Still curious on others opinions. Does anyone do this as a normal process? Will trimming the leaves effect output on the associated node that the leaf is attached to? I hope not, but we'll all see together on this one. I have tried for the most part to only trim leaves where the node was fully established possibly even out 2 or more shoots, hoping for enough infrastructure to support its growth. Time will tell..

Oldschool - did you notice that output was effected? How bad?

I haven't tried it, but Ed Rosenthal says if you remove a leaf that has a bud in its axil, that bud will suffer in growth. He said to try it on one side, and compare bud development with the other side.

Still, what if there's already a nice branch starting to grow? Those are the leaves blocking bud sites, very often.

People in legal states will have to start some controlled experiments.

• Like 1

I said I removed bags cause I have 3 big scrog and one growing in the more "traditional" way but with fishing weight to keep her a little lower. I removed a lot of foliage, but it wasn't that noticeable on them individually... I mainly worked on kind of extreme lollipop technique and removed a lot of stuff under the plants.

but, I did too remove several times fan leaves I found where in the way of nice future branches, I did not notice any slow/stop in the growth at all...that being said I might have overworked a bit my caramel candy kush one time..oups :unsure: ...my drizella scrog was getting out of hand! the foliage was so dense...I removed lots even on top to give her a chance to breath..2 days latter it was back too the same. I just figured I would let it go from there..I'm a couple days from harvest and it's looking good.

so my philosophy on that is: cut if it's in the way or not getting any light or getting to dense in your taste...as long as it's not to an extreme and the ladies have no shock I don't think it much matters .. as a matter I think it gives the chance for more branches so = more flowers! :)

:D awesome footage

Hello OG - Here is a mid-week update. Getting some crystals that are visible.....great stuff.

Top of canopy ios about 5" from the light, stretch appears to have ended, finally.

on with the show.

CCK1

gallery_8754_4189_750913.jpg

CCK1 close

gallery_8754_4189_1330869.jpg

CCK2

gallery_8754_4189_1504912.jpg

CCK2 Close (bubba leaning?)

gallery_8754_4189_1640421.jpg

KOKxCR

gallery_8754_4189_558157.jpg

KOKxCR close up

gallery_8754_4189_1108814.jpg

Sum Clones:

CB1

gallery_8754_4189_1319106.jpg

CB1 closeup (Great crystals)

gallery_8754_4189_442173.jpg

CR2

gallery_8754_4189_1721235.jpg

KO Kush

gallery_8754_4189_1621980.jpg

gallery_8754_4189_690673.jpg

And a sampling of what is coming next.....

Seedlings of Blue Chem - definitely looking like 2 different Phenos.at this point. One in front has more sativa leaf, while in the back seems to lean more to Indica.

gallery_8754_4189_432959.jpg

thanks for looking,.

• Like 1

looking super good dude! cutting down my cck tomorrow :dribble: most purple bud I ever had

keep up the good work B)

• Like 1

So the CCK has some purple in it or are you fighting colder temps? Any idea which phenos you have and more importantly, any pics to share? My Chucky's turned purple but I think it was colder temps that purpled her out. Thanks for the comments....

I think I have the 50/50 pheno, I don't have any pictures unfortunately but it was pretty similar to what keev and misterdirt diplayed here: https://www.opengrow.com/topic/44641-caramel-candy-kush/page__st__80

I did have cold temp and several times up to 12 degree celcius between night and days so yeah....plus the water I gave was not exactly warm :P more on chili side...my place is cold lol

I would expect very nice results from where you are now! :)

I think the cold night slowed her down

my temps during the ladies night can dip down to mid 70's, trending mid 80's with the lights on. Humidity is averaging around 35-50, not getting any more humidity than that due to the winter and dryness in the house.

Did you find a keeper that you are still running from CCK? Which Pheno did you prefer?

I have the hardest time killing a pheno off and narrowing my choices down to one.

When I grew it, the Bubba pheno was incredible, but I was useless after a hit or two. The Ms. U. pheno was a little less stupifying, but I can't say it was less powerful. I also had another pheno that wasn't all that impressive, but it also doesn't look impressive. You'll have no problem recognizing it if you get it. Scrawny, small buds, leafy -- but massive trichs for a massive hash yield.

Anyway, both main phenos can be keepers. For me, the Bubba pheno was better, since I usually only use indicas an hour or two before I go to sleep.

It's the first seed I poped of that strain :)

I was lucky enough to get a female, I was just looking to get one plant to enjoy the buds..not into selection right now, try to keep my plants number to a minimum for the moment

def the massive thrick misterdirt is talking about...amazing production

So I am planning to harvest some pollen for seed making. Going to attempt the water drop method that I learned about here.

Here is the dude box - very basic - a UHaul Wardrobe box with some under the cabinet flouro lights. I made to DWC systems out of Cat litter containers, came out nice, and these dudes dont seem to mind the isolation. Obviously growth has slowed get out from under the sun, but their balls are getting bigger since I put them in here about 10 days ago.

Does anyone know if the pollen quality and genes would be affected by doing these envioronmental switches? I think it could impact quantity, but I am curious about quality being altered. I havent experimented with males much so any insight on that would be appreciated.

An overhead view.....

gallery_8754_4189_660403.jpg

The CCK Dude

gallery_8754_4189_896263.jpg

The Chucky's Bride Dude

gallery_8754_4189_2568141.jpg

does anyone know if the CCK2 that I have is the Bubba Pheno? It definately leans to a more indica structure and stature.

@MRd - I am hoping to have one of each. I dont think either seem to be scrawny to me. I prefer the shorter structure under my grow situation, small cab, but the CCK1 I have really seems to have filled in a scrog nicely, so I am now torn between the two.

@oldschool - I am hoping that CCK1 is more the 50/50, but maybe that is my #2. I should know more in a few more weeks as these ladies spread their legs...

my pheno def look like you cck dude..last summer I killed a male chucky he was so fck huge and healthy...lost of peps on opengrow would have loved it to breed!

I was so bummed out when I saw it was a dude, outside grow, he was fck huge already mid July

I am thinking the CCK Male I have is a 50/50 or slight Ms.U leaner. Structurally it is more similar to my CCK1 than the CCK2.

Can't wait for the day I can do an outdoor grow. When we move to America that is free, then it will be ON, trust that and all of you can check those tree logs', til then I gotta work my little cabinet every 3-4 months, fly low to stay safe.

• Like 1

Stem rubs aroma this evening....

CCK1 - Pineapple, citrusy berry

CCK2 - Cherry, berrry

KOKxCR - Dark Watermelon funk, with a bright sweet undertone

Tomorrow is end of week 3! Everything is looking amazing, and the crystals are everywhere.

So thankful for my Can fan and PHAT filter, between the Chuckys bride and the Caramel Candy Kush, when I first open the door, wow, didnt expect that.

I can't tell. When mine were more mature, the buds looked just like the ones in the pics at the shop. I couldn't tell what I had until then.

I am not seeing the leafy-ness of the less desirable phenos that I had, so you probably have a keeper there. Maybe both.

time will tell I guess on the phenos, the ladies are really starting their dance though, will post an update soon.

Wife took the kiddies for the afternoon as we got the 14x filtered Vector, first time on the 14x, so doing a lil bho run. I am shooting pics of the run and will post l8r. Got three trays - a KO Kush, a White Rhino wit a lil KO Kush, and then a Northern Blue with a lil KO Kush. Had alot of KO trimmings...

So far, done with spray and just about done purging the gas bubbles. Soon I can scrape and then start the vac purge.

Hope you all are having an equally enjoyable Sat. should be an elevated Saturday night.

caramel candy kush is coming down for real for in a couple hours, will let you guys know! will have some siccor hash tonight yeah! :)

• Like 1

not sure about the yield yet since it's not dry, but the buds look very dense so we'll see how bad they'll shrink

it's amazingly full of thrichomes, will use the trims for to make some butter probably. smoked the scissors hash with my girlfriend after we were done trimming..we were knocked on our ass right away. very potent stuff! looking forward to some cured buds. amazing colors and the thickest stems I had in my little garden!

so low yield of extremely potent stuff, that's what I thought too! :D

peace hope we'll see some more pics very soon!

oldschoolsg

So Oldschool, did you have a low yield? Not clear on your statement Very interested in any pics you would like to share.

hash run pics are coming...stay tooned.

the thing is I got a new camera and have trouble installing the fc** program, plus I suck very badly with it...when I do remedy this issue and am amble to post pics, I will ask my girlfriend to take some nice ones and show you.

I did not trim very deeply seeing how it was frosted as hell, it's not yet shrank so it's hard to say. I don't have a balance so I cant really know for sure, but it doesn't matter cause it's all for personal consumption ...I would say it will probably give around 2 ounces of good dry bud. hope i'm not to optimistic..

my other strains will trow more bud, I wanted that one for the flavor and potency and was expecting that kind of results. I was thinking maybe slightly more since I started her from seed mid october and she has been most of her life under a 600 hps...

keeping in mind what it's worth on the black market and that I've grown it myself organically I'm pretty happy

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I grow for personal only, so yield is not everything, but its important as we make choices about what gets in the garden and goes for multiple rounds. Time will tell on mine.

Here are some shots from my BHO escapades this weekend, hope you enjoy.

I use stainless steel turkey baster as the tubes, and they can hold 10-14g of product, packed extra tight.

(2) tubes of KO Kush

(1) Tube White Rhino, with a lil KO Kush

(1) tube with Northern Blue, lil KO Kush, and then some generic bin trim to top it off

I used trim and small throw away bud for this run and Vector 14X butane.

Used 3 bottles of butane, with one can per 2 tubes, then last can spread across all 4 tubes.

I spray til the liquid turns clear, then stop, move to next one and come back around in rotation. Usually each tube gets 2-4 drip intervals through my process.

I have one large oil slick pad that will be sprayed directly onto.

If anyone has any feedback for improving my process, LMK.

on wit the show.

My workstation (my grill) - not too many people grilling in the middle of winter, but whatevs.)

gallery_8754_4208_2158233.jpg

3 trays sprayed

gallery_8754_4208_1576291.jpg

KO Kush (sprayed directly onto an oil slick pad, no product loss and scraping is no more.)

gallery_8754_4208_1456788.jpg

White Rhino purged and scraping

gallery_8754_4208_2030595.jpg

White Rhino scraped

gallery_8754_4208_213711.jpg

White Rhino Melting

gallery_8754_4208_1231866.jpg

Northern Blue Scrape

gallery_8754_4208_653016.jpg

Northern Blue

gallery_8754_4208_1793461.jpg

KO Kush - initial purge and pre fold on Oil slick

gallery_8754_4208_38729.jpg

KO Kush Folded into a mound

gallery_8754_4208_710368.jpg

Into the Vac Purge

gallery_8754_4208_2188692.jpg

Vac - Purging

gallery_8754_4208_661592.jpg

End results from trim run..

KO Kush - .8g

Northern Blue .4g

White Rhino - .5g

Total 1.7g

Not a bad run from stuff that I would have tossed away in the past. Never again.

gallery_8754_4208_2150190.jpg

Happy Monday folks. Stay safe and elevated.

• Like 8