•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

MikeTheTrich

Sour Diesel

I am looking into purchasing a pack of Sour Diesel seeds and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on which breeder has the best/most legit SD. I was looking into maybe Connoisseur seeds SSSDH or Cali Connection Original SD or maybe even Humboldts Amherst SD. Although I'm not usually one for growing Fem seeds, I'd be willing to this time if its necessary to acquire that REAL SD.

• Like 1

Quite a topic...considering west coast and east claim to have the desire first....As far as legit...Research your buy...Some of them u named had horrible reviews from what I read.....i don't bash seed breeders or company. ...although couple I should ( $500 on 1 and $700 on another) cause they ripped me off....

i wanna say sour d or was it chemdawg..Idr...One was from a hermie...so that gene will always be present...i love sour d...I'll be watching cause I had same question ...n it lead me here..

my experience over many years is one word HYPE....places like sannie n other small community have the best genetics...because it's not commercialized. ..it's a bunch of cool people coming together to share And not charge ridiculous prices for average genetics. ...you really want a sour plant. .I've never had but I've heard great reviews. ..and hard to get cause he sells out so quick....loompa farms....heard wonderful things ...

Look around here I'm not 100% sure what is here...maybe a sour ....I've grown sannie gear out long ago and always top notch. ...I'm sure the others here are too....sannie and crew are quality

Oooppsss yeah forgot...loompa supposed to be dropping soon.....but flavor is what you craze....There are some very flavorful genetics here....and the prices are great....i love sour d n the high....but some of these fruit flavors out there ....just remarkable

Dynasty seeds has pineapple diesel. ..like i said more here then i know of

• Like 1

That's a tough one Mike, no one has a legit seed of SD. The breeders you mentioned I would skip, your best bet is probably to find a cross from a solid breeder. The USC dudes have a sour kush ,which is ecsd x their purple chitral kush. Not sure if they have it in Sannies, but hit up those dudes, that cross looks crazy. Besides that , living where you do, I believe when dispensaries get up and the ball starts rolling, finding a decent SD cut shouldn't be hard.... Lots of growers out here with lots of gems, ready to come out of the shadows.... In the meantime, if you like blue dream pm me

• Like 1

Well I'm glad I asked because I know there's a lot of imitators out there. I figured it was something you would have to know somebody to get the real thing.

Zen Seeds (DK) also bring Sour Diesel as Dansk Diesel some years ago, seems it appears sometimes when they restocked.

I have tried the first bunch it was really great for 20€/10 reg seeds. Look at Zen seeds or Cannapot/Hemcy shop for retailer.

I have some pics of them in my gallery... also some ending hermi like in the Rez, very sour taste and produce very well !

Almost all the people I know having grown the original clone or seeds said me it can be closer. Just need to pick a pheno.

Good luck for your research.

• Like 2

DNA'a Sour Diesel isn't "pure" but it's a legitimate offering and gave at least a keeper per pack. I also really liked the whole pack of Dinafem's Diesel which gave a couple of very-close-to-pure chemd girls.

These really are the only two "D's" that I've grown from paid-for seeds that were worth a piss. I really wish Jordan or Chimera worked that line when it was fresh, i can rely on those dudes for authenticity.

Peace

RM

• Like 2

yeah, hiwatt ... you're dead on. zen seeds version is rez' "SDv3" F2'd. they are very

close to the real thing (or when there is no access to the elites that are around ;))

• Like 4

True sour diesel actually has hermi tendencies and was clone only, but produces sterile pollen majority of the time. Occasionally you will get a seed and this is why sour diesel spread so quickly. Also when you have the true cut, you will be able to tell by the smell, and the structure of the plant. Don't forget that it can be difficult to grow indoors and I would not recommend it for inexperienced users or first time growers, its not a stable strain.

My recommendation is not the pure Sour Diesel you seek, but DNA/RP's Sour Kush. It's very tasty. Has a nice buzz. There is quite the stretch with it but she fills out with nice yields. I may grow it again :) Peace.

• Like 2

What about cuelvo sour diesel from MTC seeds (Sour diesel x Turbo diesel)?

Look at cannazon on the web.

Or..

Triple Deez ( Sour Turbo x Black Diesel) Speciality: Low in smell strong diesel taste. Look at cannacollective u.k.

It´s from cabin fever breeders.

smile

Reservoir Chemdawg Sour D. 5/5 female, all very nice yielders, very chemmy/sour fuel, most potent out of 11 strains I grew outdoors. Most diesel smelling strain I've ever had was Gryphon from Motarebel. Also grown outside last year but not nearly as good of results as Rez ChemSour. Take care.

Dynasty seeds has pineapple diesel. ..like i said more here then i know of

I think that's just a description of the scent of the 'B' pheno. It doesn't seem to have any diesel in its background.

esko's free seeds riri SD x c99 pineapple male

This is one of my all time smokes

would i grow them out again fuk yeah , at a drop of a hat

grtz carper

• Like 3

I second Hiwatt's and Santero's recommendations of Zen Seeds' dansk/danish diesel. I've only grown a selected cut but that one was really amazing. Very, very powerful sour diesel taste and good potency and yield. The type of weed that taste really good until the very end of the joint. Sometimes this cut would hermit a little bit in week 10 or 11 but always sterile pollen so not much of a problem.

From Sannie's Extrema I got one chem-leaning pheno, which also had a very sour diesel taste and yielded well. Potency very strong but a little more indica on the buzz than dansk diesel. That might be an option though if you don't really trust other vendors.

Hope you find what you're looking for one way or another.

Sierra seeds....no longer around...R.I.P. kaluha kid.....years ago kk gifted me seeds of his sour d...first time ever growing sour d.....kk was a legend in my eyes. ....because that was the real deal..i smoked sour d first time n fell in love...As I sat at a green traffic light...n cars went by.....Motorebel has dealt with kk in past ...I've tried few since...and nothing holds a flame to his....not saying there aren't real dour d out there.....i just think your bigger "commercial" seed banks n breeders go for hype of sale...and money more important to them then preserving hertiage....Lots good info ...

As far as sour kush.....smell is way stronger...but never had one as strong as kk sour d.....and someday me and kk be blazing some sour d looking down smiling.....

When i started it was tough...Lots of fakes...but sites like this one will point you in the right direction. ...

good luck and remember nothing makes a better choice then research

Later

mitten boys

• Like 1

Well I'll come out and say it, Cali connection has quality controll issues, swerve is a hack who I can just see dancing around spraying colloidal silver over everything and hoping for the best out of his hacked gear with names capitalizing on the Cali name...

His OG description: "for those who require the Original Ganksta flavor"

People take this guy seriously? It's because Cali is in the name, people want FEMs, and he names strains after cuts.

Maybe he is a great breeder with latent talent and a wonderful eye for breeding but we will never know at this rate.

Check out James Loud with Loud seeds. Dude is at least legit and has been a grower for over 20 years. Moonshine man at rare dankness had a colorodo diesel f1 that is supposedly not hard to find a good pheno in a pack. Same dude who came up with the "moonshine mix" back in the day, he is a legit grower.

• Like 1

Hortilab uses a sour diesel v3 male from rez which was one of the best sd in seed form for a lot of his crosses, I found a nice sourd pheno in his super sour skunk also just grew connoisseurs ecsd x sssdh fems and all were very sour tasting also classic seeds has a sour d x chemdog that I will try sometime, rez may have been a dick but his sour d and chemdogs were pure filth

i grew an f1 of ECSD clone pollinated by reeferman's early purple kush. the grower who made it was called gangster and was from cali somehwere. he used a very purple kush leaning male to hit the sour d clone. i can say that the girls i got from this cross out of 10 beans i think i had 4 or 5 girls but the girls all leaned heavily to the sour d. all of them tasted and smelled like the sour d i have smoked in the past, but just not quite as intense of a smell and flavor, but still intense; sour lemon diesel funk. it was the strongest smelling thing i have grown inside. the skunk i used to grow outdoor in the 80's and 90's was stronger in smell i have to say. i got some sterile hermies too in all the girls in the last couple weeks of flower. i plucked them and everything was fine. my point being maybe that citral kush crossed with sour d by USC may be a real gem, dont know haven't grown it yet. but i would try it if i dind't have ten more beans of this other i mentioned, its cheap and would be well worth it if you find a chem pheno in it.

Hi here... :)

I've a SD project on the way... I recently sprouted some SD IBL F2 (SD IBL Riri cut is the mum, 2006 rlz) and SD IBL originals from Rez (2010 rlz I think, not sure), result was 4x SD IBL F2 and 2x SD IBL originals... SD IBL originals struggled to germinate but it seems to be good now, here are some pics of the SD IBL F2 in 3,6L pots :

2e35s9u.jpg

2chmheb.jpg

ev6ed1.jpg

ild7br.jpg

And the SD IBL originals in 0,8L pots :

34q0chg.jpg

35d711v.jpg

I plan to cross them (if I found at least one male :rolleyes2: ) to make a new SD IBL line close to the original lines, and also pollinate the ECSD clone to propose some interesting seeds... stay tuned... ;)

• Like 7

hehehe, the corsaire-SD-project B) it's cool that you'll use the dhk too.

(in my experience the riri makes strange / deformed beans sometimes ...

on the other hand, she is the better mother since she shows better in X's.)

best vibes for your project, mi hermano pirata pirate2_4.gif

• Like 2

There is two version's of Blue Dream. The most commonly found "indica" version is Blue Berry x Super Silver Haze. The 2nd and better "sativa" version is the Blue Berry x Santa Cruz Haze.

Bodhi has a hybrid that uses both version.

Hope this helps ya.

Happy Halloween, Brian

• Like 1

hehehe, the corsaire-SD-project B) it's cool that you'll use the dhk too.

(in my experience the riri makes strange / deformed beans sometimes)

best vibes for your project, mi hermano pirata pirate2_4.gif

Hey San mate... not in bed? :D

About the Riri, I plan to make a bx on it with the F2 to try to isolate the lavender trait on several generation... in fact, no need to speak about that now... :)

Thx bro, best vibzzz to you and yours... :wave:

• Like 3