•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

MikeTheTrich

Sour Diesel

its been a while but i sent lots of diesel crosses in as feebies

there was some real good plants come from those seeds for me and my pals

does anyone have any news ??

• Like 3

aj's cut is circulating in the uk right now, would be nice to hit her with that male corsaire. hit me up, i'll let you know who's holding her.

• Like 4

I'm always curious as to the difference between the European and American genetics.

Supposedly from similar breeding stock: afghan, Mexican , Thai , Columbian , Vietnamese , Cambodian.

Yet , the European stuff is mostly fruity and on the bland side. Same genetics .

To get more flavor, Camadian and American genetics are always reintroduced. We see it begin with Northern Lights ( Pacific Northwest) Blueberry ( Detroit, Canada) , Haze( Santa Cruz) ,Skunk ( Marin County , Ca) Salmon Creek Big Bud. Over time , those get bland and lose the skunk and pine flavors.

You see many posts asking why Sensi Star, Northern Lights etc are nothing like they were.

Then it's OG , ChemdogD , Sour D , The White , GSC, Urkle, GDP, Grape Ape, Girl Scout Cookies, Cherry Pie reintroduced to bring back flavor.

How is it with all the same genetic background , one gets a variety of flavors and the other gets

I sent ( foolishly ) Chemdog D and Abusive OG to England and the response was surprising . They had never smoked anything like it. I had been smoking weed with those flavor traits my whole adult life. Yet we were always told the Dutch stuff was top of the line .

Did I just grow all the wrong seeds?

I've got the original ECSD growing right now.

• Like 3

@Joker, we dont know what we got til its gone.....

• Like 1

Hey @Corsaire ! Very nice project !

I have a few questions for you ;) : what's the male used in the SD riri F2 you showed in your first post ? And what are you planning to do with your SD IBL male ? It could be interesting to make an IX with both the riri and the DHK then BX toward the riri and the DHK to create 2 different lines and then X the 2 lines at some point .

Curious about the characteristics of your chosen SD IBL male. I think I've grown SD IBL from the same batch as the one you selected your male from (around 2010 - maybe the latest batch ever produced by rez before he got raided by the DEA). I had a hard time getting them to sprout and almost every pheno I came up with were non stretchy plants. Good smoke, sour/floral but without the chemical/fuel like taste and definitely lacking potency compared to the riri cut.

I've read here and there that people suspected that pollen contamination with hindu kush male happened during the making of that latest batch ... Anyway I'm sure these crosses are going to be really interesting. There's definitely a need for some straight SD in seed form and working with both the riri and the DHK should provide both the quality and enough diversity to work good diesel lines !

Don't you want to start your own topic dedicated to this project ? If you need testers at some point, I'd be glad to help :wave:

Bonne selecta l'ami ;)

• Like 2

To answer MikeTheTrich question though I think your best bet for a straight Sour Diesel is the Dansk Diesel from Zen Seeds as already stated. It's an incross from rez earlier SD IBL releases. I tested this line and it's definitely SD with a consistent potency even though both taste and high don't really stand the comparison with the elite SD cuts imo. But I only tested 3 females from this line and considering the cheap price on those, it could be interesting to make a big selection to find something special.

Pics from my previous Dansk diesel grow :

Pheno n°1

gallery_2998_4844_427957.jpg

Pheno n°2

gallery_2998_4844_693332.jpg

gallery_2998_4844_288729.jpg

Pheno n°3

gallery_2998_4844_3216877.jpg

gallery_2998_4844_438578.jpg

• Like 7

My favorite SD so far has been Bulldog seeds Sour Diesel. I am sure it isn't legit as it is 70% Indica, but it has the best flavor and taste IMO. It is a very skunky, earthy smell/flavor. But it was only one plant in a 5 pack. And it was only around 12% THC. I lost the plant after a few years. It is the first SD plant I ever grew, so it is what I think SD should be. I have three plants in veg now. I am hoping to find that phenotype again.

sour_d_new.jpg

I have three Dr. Greenthumbs ECSD plants going. They don't have the flavor I was looking for. The plant with the best flavor was the worst producer. Luckily the plant with the highest THC percentage was the best producer. It is around 26% THC. The other two plants are around 20% THC.

ecsd1.png

I have a SD cut I got from Massachusetts that I was is the real deal. It tastes horrible. I can't even smoke it. I call the flavor "wet dog celery".

• Like 6

Currently crossing Alpha Diesel F2s with AlphaxCDSD females. Working with the Alpha x Sour Turbos as well. Idea is to stabalize Alpha Diesel with vigor

The circa 2010 SD's that rez put out had a hindu kush father most likely. I discontinued work with this line and went back to the Alpha which was his most recent best representation of the Rez SD line. Alpha= SD x ecsd clone

• Like 2

ey, cindy. i have this psycho diesel, that's (psychosis x alphaD) and

you just provided some background info on the AD for me, mate :)

thank you !!

AJ 's from LOUD seeds.