•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Zrex

What is your preferred way to blaze to preserve flavor?

I have not smoked with any regularity for decades. But when I did, I thought nothing could beat a roll. Some say a pipe, but not in my experience. Of course being young and dumb, that might have been due to lack of cleaning which usually only occured when it was so clogged up I could push a turd out of it :vomit-smiley:

So I'm interested to know what current thoughts on the subject are.

Now that I have found a medical reason to smoke again, I'm blown away by the cornocopia of different descriptions of tastes available. Back in the day, my favorite smoke smelled like a Christmas tree and left a disctinct almond flavor that I grew fond of. We didn't have a clue what strain this was, but if we could find it, we bought it. Browsing throw smoke reports and reading strain guides, I have yet to find anything remotely resembling this throw back retro smoke. I am keen to move into the 21st century, but I think if I could identify it, I would grow me some just for the memory. But back to the topic at hand, I prize the flavor, the surge in the lungs and lingering after-taste. Rolling my own might be wasteful, but if I'm growing my own, that really shouldn't be an issue... But is there anything better?

Thoughts? :popcorn:

For taste your spot on, just can't beat a joint.

I also really like a steam roller, its the glass version of our classic toilet paper roll with foil bowl.

Vaping. Never had clearer taste of the aroma.

. I second this statement, I have only recently started vaping, but it the best way to enjoy the flavor and full unadulterated effect of your herb. I always loved blue dream, then I got a cutting, and I loved growing and smoking it..... But then when I got a vape, it was like a whole new level of enjoyment . I still smoke a variety of ways, but if I want to really check something out ... I vape it .
  • Like 1

Christmas tree stuff!! My holy grail. I too grew up with that. It actually grew in the mountains of Western Colorado (Paonia) amongst the pines and very acidic soil. I had 30 year old seeds that failed to germ. sigh

What vape are you using Smokey? I have been a little unimpressed with the effects. The best effect I got with vaping was using a friends pyrex glass tube..

I use a Pax, it's a portable unit.... It was a little pricey at $ 250 , but in hindsight, very much worth it. Simple to use, simple design, not much to go wrong or break .

• Like 1

For whatever reason I have always prefered joints, just like god intended.

• Like 3

Joints or a fresh cleaned glass piece.

I think the fresh cleaned glass gives the best flavor, but I hardly clean them as often as I say I'm going to when I'm in the middle of cleaning it. So, I usually go for a nice J. LIking the way it tastes in the Hemp papers I just got in. I rate them all equally that I recieved, Hempire, Raw, Pure Hemp, and Bob Marley. T

I remember Homerus describing some ancient tribes using it by throwing it on a fire inside a tent. I have always rolled joints myself but faced some minor lung problems past few years which are likely being caused by smoking tobacco/cannabis. I decided to quit smoking and start vaping but I'm still unsure when this will happen because I love smoking.

Clean glass pipe. Soaked in alcohol and then blown out with hot water.

Yes, as soon as you smoke a bowl or two, it's not clean anymore. Oh well.

For flavor: vape-also joints as a close second. Both have flavor, but different form each other IMO. I need to do comparison with the same ganja in both methods. Vaping feels like a protracted hassle to me, and it cuts the bottom end off an indica high and makes it more sativa-like., IMO. I don't think those other cannabinoids vape as well, but I do get the most true, complex flavor that way.

• Like 1

I love joints for flavor too, but only pure, no nasty baccy in the mix... I still can taste the paper no matter what brand I use, subtle but still there.

After a half a joint, it doesn't matter if the weed is dank enough.

Kamut, you are right about that vape-more sativa effect, I don't know why that is, perhaps like you said, all terpenes/cannabinoids don't vaporize? They should though, or do they have different vaporizing temp points?

Also, my little glass pipe with reed stem gives very pure flavor, pics in my gallery...

I smoked out of my dabuddha vaporizer for a month straight and decided to start smoking bowls again as I had done for years. I sparked up some killer green and to my suprise it tasted kinda leafy and so did all the other pot i smoked thru the bowl. that " leafy " taste the bowl gave me eventually dissapates after smoking bowls for a few days. I like smoking bowls and vaping,they both produce a different buzz.

GP, have you ever tried Club papers w/o glue? I can't taste that paper. It's terrible for passing, because it tends to unroll with too much handling. But allI taste is the weed.

Nope, Misterdirt, never tried ungummed papers. Haven't seen those in local headshops, but I'll ask around. We were speaking about max flavor, usually I roll with gummed papers and enjoy my joints without any problems... But thanks, I'll check those out! Any tips rolling with gumless?

I have not smoked with any regularity for decades. But when I did, I thought nothing could beat a roll. Some say a pipe, but not in my experience. Of course being young and dumb, that might have been due to lack of cleaning which usually only occured when it was so clogged up I could push a turd out of it :vomit-smiley:

So I'm interested to know what current thoughts on the subject are.

Now that I have found a medical reason to smoke again, I'm blown away by the cornocopia of different descriptions of tastes available. Back in the day, my favorite smoke smelled like a Christmas tree and left a disctinct almond flavor that I grew fond of. We didn't have a clue what strain this was, but if we could find it, we bought it. Browsing throw smoke reports and reading strain guides, I have yet to find anything remotely resembling this throw back retro smoke. I am keen to move into the 21st century, but I think if I could identify it, I would grow me some just for the memory. But back to the topic at hand, I prize the flavor, the surge in the lungs and lingering after-taste. Rolling my own might be wasteful, but if I'm growing my own, that really shouldn't be an issue... But is there anything better?

Thoughts? :popcorn:

Smokey i'm from the smokey's I should know a classical clean seasoned wooden pipe is best, imo. what is the best vaporizer to you use may I ask?

Nope, Misterdirt, never tried ungummed papers. Haven't seen those in local headshops, but I'll ask around. We were speaking about max flavor, usually I roll with gummed papers and enjoy my joints without any problems... But thanks, I'll check those out! Any tips rolling with gumless?

Roll as normal, but don't stop to lick the gum. After it's rolled, lick the outside - put the whole joint in your mouth and wet the whole thing, then let it dry.

If I have a pack, I'll take a pic and post it later. It is so unnoticeable that if you are smoking smooth weed, sometimes you don't think you got a hit, until you see the exhale.

"Vaping feels like a protracted hassle to me, and it cuts the bottom end off an indica high and makes it more sativa-like."

That has been my experience as well. For big-time flavor, the VapeXhale Cloud. (I haven't kept up at fuckcombustion.com--I don't know what they are selling now.)

Funny nobody mentioned a bong on here. I don't even like to be in the same room as a bong

only way i use mj is vaporizer...i've got 2 cousins who are old potheads..when i 1st got vapo i tried it out with em..neither one liked it. said they didnt get anything out of it..i personally would never again smoke a joint and draw all that crap into my lungs again...

Speaking of bongs, I saw the other day in the local headshop these fancy pancy glass bongs that cost a ton. Ice cooled percolators and all. Times have changed since I last used a bong...

I'd love to try the titanium nail/glass dome set up though... with some primo homemade wax...