•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

I'm new here, but really looking forward to next summer's outdoor guerrilla growing.

At least I'm hoping to find a strain that works here in 60N, hopefully no rudy in it. Perhaps canadian breeders are my best shot, or Alaskan??

Also the excitement of finding spots, losing them to animals, weather, police, "do-gooder-citizens", thiefs who are too lazy to grow their own, and possibly being just too stoned to remember the spot location...

Also preparing the spot, unpredictability of weather effects, mold, insects, rainy summer all this makes me tick.

I've never done a guerrilla grow, but people do it here, with some success, better or worse.

Looking forward hearing about your plans, and possible grows, as some of you are living in areas where you can grow as we speak.

Come have a chat, link your reports if you will, but from this year only, if possible.

Share experience, tips, problems, hopes, fears and yields, well in pics and words that last one is.

GhostPoet

• Like 1

soumi guerilla ....i guess,there not many strains(without rudy in it),that will stand the 60°North climate and the short summer :unsure:

maybe some semi-autos...good luck,GP

• Like 1

When is the season over for you up there? Will you get a killing frost before Oct. 1?

I grew a Chucky's Bride plant outdoors last summer, and she finished before the end of September.

For non-guerilla outdoor grows, you can make a moveable, light proof shelter to make them flower earlier.

I tried twice last year. Lost first few plants to heavy rain tipping plants and washing them away. Lost second set to flooding. Location location. At first I was like sweet it's raining. Then I was very concerned that it wasn't stopping. Then I couldn't even get to where the plants were. So not to close to a river or stream is a good idea.

• Like 1

My pops and I usually do a summer time guerrilla grow, 3-5 plants most times . Supplies him with his smoke year round , and supplements me when I run out . Been blue dream last couple years, absolutely wonderful out in the sunshine!!

When is the season over for you up there? Will you get a killing frost before Oct. 1?

I grew a Chucky's Bride plant outdoors last summer, and she finished before the end of September.

For non-guerilla outdoor grows, you can make a moveable, light proof shelter to make them flower earlier.

Possibly not, but very close. I could plant outside in may and harvest around oct 1st give or take week or two, but it needs then to be vegged indoors I think. I haven't grown guerrilla style yet, but I think I'm going to give Sannies seeds a go this year.

How was the yield and quality w your CB?

Yield was average. Quality was about as high as it gets.

I don't know what you mean by "quality." For me it's all measures taken as one. In scent, taste, bud density, "bag appeal," and ease of growing, it's around a 10 on a 1 to 10 scale. In potency, about 8.5 out of 10.

Cool to hear that Misterdirt. I might have a go with it or something else...

Yea, I meant something along those lines with "quality". Perhaps could have been a bit more precise with defining terms, but your answer was spot on!

Potency is not all, and then again one can't judge weed by how it looks or smells always. One of the strongest, if not strongest bud I scored once was from a jamaican dude, it looked like shit, had seeds, reeked miles away, but oh boy that minty, minty flavor and the high was soaring, crystal clear, happy high, no ceiling whatsoever. "dis no hydro shit, dis is sess.." never got what he meant by sess, perhaps I misheard... :D

Do you know any good minty sativa strains? If I remember right, Sannie doesn't have a minty one...?

..... I could plant outside in may and harvest around oct 1st give or take week or two, but it needs then to be vegged indoors I think. I haven't grown guerrilla style yet, but I think I'm going to give Sannies seeds a go this year.....

pre-vegging indoors is a must up there,when you want to have any success(we have to do it too,and i´m ~10° more southernwestern of you). not tested any of Sannie´s strains outdoors yet,but the only one sounds suitable to me is Heribei,imho :unsure:

Yea Saxo, pre-vegging's the plan. Have to look into that Heribei and drop Sannie a line, he must have an idea what could work. If it's Heribei, then it is Heribei. :)

A friend of mine grew Heribei that he was pleased with. This was just a little bit south of you, at 39 N, but I think it was bred for the Netherlands, which is what? 50N?

C99 crosses, like Chucky's Bride, are going to be your best bet for outdoor sativa up there. They tend to be fast flowerers. Also consider a sweet skunk from a Canadian breeder. I think Leprechaun has a C99 x Sweet Skunk, which might launch you into orbit.

• Like 2

I have never really had a top shelf experience growing outdoors, much less a Guerrilla grow. Here it would be the deer and back home it would be the rain.

For some people growing guerrilla could be the only reasonable option to get a decent yield for the winter... Besides it is a good excuse to go out into the nature and exercise a bit, as carrying water etc. is a sweaty job...

Up north one has to take into account that potency might be on the weaker side, buds can catch mold easily and all that.

I am now scouting for nice spots, google satellite maps are quite helpful in this, then prepping the soil, finding strains and pre vegging indoors...

All great fun!

The best guerrilla growing I did was in Iowa. Perfect climate for any weed that finishes by about November 1 or earlier. When I was able to tend them every day or every two or three, the buds were just killer. Massive amounts.

This was bag seed that must have been some kind of skunk - late 80s and early 90s.

• Like 1

No stalk like that. What strain?

With regular pinching back, they'd be bushes around 2 meters tall, and maybe 1.2 meters wide. The quality and the freedom from pests and disease was amazing. I just never got a fungus of any kind.

Looks like I need to check out the ship designing jobs in Iowa...

You know I was Almost in Iowa one time. I was driving my truck back from Marinette Wisconsin to Seattle in January 2005. We got a late start on Friday and I was suppose to start a new job on Monday and it was snowing heavily. We made it to some place in Minnesota and spent the night. I wake up go to get gas while the little lady took showers and continental breakfast. News said that it was going to snow 3 feet that day. I was pulling a trailer and in a bit of a hurry so I got the wife and we headed for South Dakota on I-90. Somewhere around the Minnesota and South Dakota state line there was a turn off for Iowa and I just didn't have time to step on Iowa soil that day. I hauled ass pulling that trailer through South Dakota about 60 miles an hour with a 50 mile per hour sidewind from North Dakota cutting me at an exact right angle. From the time I entered South Dakota I started seeing signs for Wall Drug and all that it had to offer. Wall Drug, 355 miles or something like that. I swear I seen a sign about every two miles after that just interrupted by giant tumble weeds crossing my path at 50 miles per hour. That strong side wind blew constant the length of the state. I mentioned it to a gas station guy on the other end of the state and he said, "Yeah, this place blows".

Oh I made the 2000 mile trip by Sunday Evening, unloaded and returned the U-haul trailer and made it to work the next day. I managed to duck under the armpit of that massive blizzard and that was great. If I had taken I-94 it would have taken 200 miles off of the trip, but put me right in the heart of that storm. That was a very lucky trip, all planned out to avoid North Dakota and it turned out well.

Now I need to go to Iowa and grow some big ass weed trees like Mr D.

(Dancing with Mr D video below)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpCA1cqmqsA

There are three areas to live in Iowa -- in or near Iowa City, in or near Ames and in or near Cedar Rapids/Waterloo. I suppose some would also say Des Moines. Otherwise, you're in a small town, and everybody knows your business. If your business includes a grow room, well that would suck, wouldn't it? Of course, if you owned a farm, you could pretty much do anything you wanted to do.

Was it something like this?

you can grow big trunks like this over here too,young padawan....

gallery_1237_687_178411.jpg

B)

• Like 1

Well I can only dream about trees like that, due to the climate, but who knows, if I find a prefect spot and prepare the ground with a ton of good compost, and the weather is optimal... Yeah, dream on..

Looks awesome, was that one of your grows Saxo?