•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

GhostPoet

True breeders and seedbanks worth their salt

Most people are not "breeding" in the classical sense anyway. Not in the aspect of whole picture plant improvement. I've said it before and I'll say it again. If I can create ONE truly stable, single pheno seed line, in my lifetime, I'll consider it a massive success.

• Like 5

Man: If you can take a landrace Paki, a Columbian Red and landrace Jarillo, hell maybe NE Malawi amd Viatnamese Black too and work it proper for 30 yrs I will seriously congratulate you. Like shake you're hand and take u to dinner. :)

Being a "breeder" may mean different things to different people. The dudes that do the above type of breeding are something special. And especially nerdy. Love it

• Like 7

For all the hate on Polyhybrids, Sannie sure does have some really incredible ones.... Sugar Punch for example. I love growing that line so much. Every plant is different but they're all good to great with a few rare plants. Last run I did 20 seeds and I found 3 definitive keepers for life and a bunch more I had to sort through before killing all but one of them. Now I bought 50 more seeds to find more.

• Like 1

Og raskal white fire og is on another level. I have been around this stuff a long time & this is amazing in all categories. I realize they are expensive but if his other offerings are anything like wifi it is totally worth it. I only wish he did some sativa too.

Southern Humboldt seed Collective

2 hours ago, Shoeless said:

I came across this site after someone said Motarebel has a new seed Co. Lots of known breeders, they just had a restock of Hazeman gear along with others.

https://www.dcseedexchange.org/

I must state that I have not used this seedbank, but there plenty to read on RIU.

It's one of the good ones, I use them.

Baq

• Like 2

yep, just a heads up ...

'motarebel' sold his brand to an old partner (mr.g) in jan2018 (... not "our" mr.g here, haha)

BUT, not many know that buying from "motarebel"-label nowadays is NOT mota anymore.

he renamed his brand a while ago and his creations go by "greenrebelfarms" now ;)

no more testing, no testing, cheaper beans and experiments = more "hype-ish" crosses

(using. Cookies, OGs, rare clones etc.) ... i wish him best of vibes for his new venture !!

his creations were always very good and his new stuff will surely convince as well, imho.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@santero I just got some green rebel gear going a lemon gas x 91 chem  mota still got some interesting stuff peace  

• Like 4

ooh yeah, the lineage sounds amazing :)

in love the chem91 !!

i bet it will totally rock your cabs, enjoy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad you cleared that tup for others. Somebody brought this up a while back but doubt most saw it. 

Keep us informed Paps! Sounds great!

peace

mrG

• Like 1

For anyone interested, DC Seed Exchange is legit, Paul is a great guy to work with. I bought 2 strains during 420 sale, DMAN Seeds Yeah Buddy and Cannabeizein Pineapple Chakra.

Freebees

Mass Medical Strains - (5) Fisheye OG and (5) Star Pupil x Weapon X

Doc's Dank - (5) Triple Purple Rhino x Bear Creek Kush

Cannabeizein - (10) Tree of Life BX

(5) Perkins Cut BX F2 - I sent in a couple thousand, they sent 5 back. A note said to see how they cook. :)

They sent more in Freebees than I bought, how cool is that?! And shipping was very quick as well. Highly recommended for anyone wanting to order in the US.

20190428_144857.thumb.jpg.74be8433cf04702f3c6da1d5db931f31.jpg

• Like 4

Yes D.C Exchange is a great vendor,I have a few orders under my belt always great swag and freebies...

• Like 2

Man, I can't wait to see your grow of that Chem91 cross. Wonder where he got the Chem? I don't know Lemon Gas but sounds like a dream cross. enjoy! peace

• Like 1

On 5/27/2019 at 8:27 PM, Papalag said:

Mota sells his greenrebel line there 

yup, sure does. some nice prospects on various genetics there. as has been said they are legit !:ph34r:

• Like 2

old thread but as far as breeders go, Archive and Dynasty. i am also in Oregon and am partial to them but they have amazing gear. When we get product from Deep Creek Gardens which is dynasty genetics grown to their max potential, the results are incredible. 

• Like 4

Damn, another $200+ pack of seeds company? Fuck that! They may be good but I won't be smoking it. 

Those sort of prices piss me off. Glad I'm not on the west coast. I'm fucking sick of people separating everything into upper class or lower class. Seems like every swinging dick on the west coast has designated themselves a "boutique" breeder. Good luck with that. That's the only place I seem to be seeing $200+ seed packs. I would expect some guarantees when I get into those prices. Even Bodhi's seeds are under $100.

Most breeders are famous for 1-2 strains and I've rarely heard of one that has more that two or three that are epic. So, because they were cool enough to get one or two epic crosses, that doesn't translate into every strain you make warranting those prices. That place will never be known for 90% of those strains.

Just like how the whole industry is suffering from a glut of flower product, seeds will be next, imho. I'd love to try them, but doubt I ever will. As much as I respect ProfP, I'm sorry, but I'm not allowed to smoke his gear because I'm not in the right income class at the moment. So.... color me skeptical. They would never be my first choice for seeds. 

/rant

• Like 2

On 4/18/2014 at 1:52 PM, ReverendMaynard said:

You guys see Chimera's latest drop at HD? He's been working on it for quite a while, Blockhead should go off the shelves like wild fire. That's a breeders cornerstone right there.

you cant mean hemp depot...what seedbank?

10 minutes ago, yahooman said:

nevermind..lol

i see the post is 5 years old

:D

19 hours ago, UMphreak McGee said:

old thread but as far as breeders go, Archive and Dynasty. i am also in Oregon and am partial to them but they have amazing gear. When we get product from Deep Creek Gardens which is dynasty genetics grown to their max potential, the results are incredible. 

Hey bro, I meant know ill will towards, you. Just ranting... I'm sure that stuff is great, and wish I had the kind of money to buy the expensive stuff, but I've been in the worst financial shape of my life atm, and I get more pissed at my own situation and project it onto things that I can't control... 

I've been noticing a lot of the older breeders are talking about the future of seeds and the prices on podcasts.... lots of opinions. I'm also noticing a lot of the old timers are letting some of there stuff go to others without all of the money and hoarding thing. Sort of an attempt at releasing the bottleneck of genetics.

I'm hoping to do some serious selection work soo, to see if I can find some hidden gems myself. Almost every breeder I've listened to, has always stated that getting that special strain is more about doing the tedious work of looking for it. If you can grow enough plants out you can locate it easier and faster. I'm starting to get enough raw genetics to try some stuff soon. 

Makes me want to live in Oregon or Washington, again. I bet it's a lot easier to get onto that stuff than me. Must be nice to get fresh Dynasty genetics straight from the nursery. peace

I heard good thing about that one..I think @webeblzr grow that out last year and was raving about how he and his wife both loved it.

I noticed a couple of seeds growing on the bottom of my Humboldt Kush x Sugar Punch... I chopped all of my males early except one... it was a Bodhi Sunshine Daydream. It was on the back porch and a pod or two broke open. It took me a day or two to decide I didn't want to mess with the pollen this run, so I chopped them all. I had planned on saving pollen from a few, but I'm not set up to do it good.

So, I figure that was the only pollen that was loose in the house, and I'm pretty glad, actually. I must have brought some back into the flower room on my clothes. But, that could be a nice cross!! We'll see... 

Hey @Sacred Plant Warrior, I'll answer your PM in a few.. I'm still waking up. I had a hell of a time with my neck and back last night and am still screwed up this morning... It's easing a bit...drinking coffee and trying to get my wits about me, lol...