•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

The_Organic_Obsession

First Post……It could be a good one.

next round I'm ditching my rubbermaid containers for 15 gallons root pouches

can't wait to see what comes out of it :D

• Like 1

Haha If you saw the top side of the grinder I would agree. Its in bad need with hash caked to the teeth.

I will never clean the screen though. I have plenty of hash from my trim. I want the trichs from the weed I grind up to go in my joint :)

Dude

• Like 4

Just a quick update. I am overseas and hate typing on the tablet.

Things are just going great in the flower tents. I have no complaints other than canopy may be an issue in the short tent. I am only running that one at 450 watts so I should be able to press pretty hard up against the light (air cooled).

Took a few pics about 5 days ago.

Here is Nuke BBSD at 3.5 weeks. This plant has it all. It would be a production SOG guys dream. Quick cloner and veger. Strong stems with the perfect stretch and amazing looking / smoking buds in 8 weeks or less with a plenty solid harvest.

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/gallery/album_4271/gallery_9737_4271_354800.jpg[\img]

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/gallery/album_4271/gallery_9737_4271_426969.jpg[\img]

Big flower tent starting to hit stride, everything 1.5 to 3.5 weeks in.

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/gallery/album_4271/gallery_9737_4271_1428877.jpg

Smaller flower tent just getting going at 1.5 weeks. Everything has greened up as expected after the much needed up potting. Lemon Thai is green now and exploding in her 20 gallon pot, will probably be a real handful.

https://www.opengrow.com/uploads/gallery/album_4271/gallery_9737_4271_2105820.jpg[\img]

Pretty stoked on Sugar Punch. I have 5 phenos, two may be similar. They went into flower around 8 inches tall a month ago and have exploded since. Only two weeks ago they were showing first pistils and three phenos are already budding hard with frost. My tallest pheno is going to be dark purple from the looks of the lowers. It's the last to flower but looks like it will be making dense nugs. It will be real interesting to see how that one builds from here. I should have a better idea on the phenotypes in about a week once they all start to build. Will be looking for everyone's feedback on which may be keepers. All are cloned.

Dude

Sorry. Freaking tablet didn't html the pics in right, but the links work on my end.

Dude

• Like 3

Lets talk Sugar Punch....Talk about a vigorous strain. Here are the five of them about 2 weeks after showing first pistils.

gallery_9737_4271_2689255.jpg

Looks like I have a green, tall, slower flowering that I would guess favors SSH at this point. Left in the pot, top bent over.

Three green, medium height faster flowering phenos. These three are really packing fast and I would be shocked if they went 10 weeks. Look to be hybrid but with more of The One bud formation similar to some killing fields phenos. I am better there is something nice in one of these three. They are through the middle in the pic.

Then I have the last one. I am definitely intrigued and for once not sure exactly what to expect from her as she gets more into flower. This is the tallest plant, last to flower, with the smallest buds. But the odd thing is it is a super indica bud formation showing up. Rock hard looking nuggets from the get go. This one is also going to be very purple. It is purpling from the bottom up with the lower nugs being very purple and the main cola just starting to show. This one is in the back right in the pic above from 2 weeks in.

So here is a current shot of the Sugar Punch pheno that is the wild card. They are almost to 3 weeks actual flowering now.

gallery_9737_4271_1940966.jpg

Any idea what to expect outa this gal?

Dude

• Like 7

Pure Fire...

;)

• Like 1

Haha that is sort of my expectation. The confusing part is the slow to flower, super stretch, with indica bud formation....

Would be nice to have a super purple grapey one and a powerful bubblegum green one. So far this strain is living up to the hype.

A guy can hope...

Dude

Watch for a caramel pheno too...when it looks ready, wait one more week. You'll be glad you did. :)

• Like 1

10-4.

Is that the first one you grew that finished up quick for you?

I am not one to harvest early on anything unless it's something I know well and optimize in the flower time for potency and effect. Otherwise they are done when they are doneeee. Only had a couple kushes that I like on the early end. Most stuff is better when it finally gives up.

Btw - have 2 female LBT's showing pistils and starting to get vigorous in the stretch. Thanks stranger!

Dude

Talking about pot size... I have found that often Most of the roots are on the surface and it is almost like I don't need a bigger pot. My timing for the last pot is usually about two weeks before flower though. Maybe more of the pot would be used if I vegg'd longer.

Hey Dude ! I grew 4 SP plants, 2 short & 2 tall. They all had the same aroma, affect & shape of buds. The shorter ones finished about 8.5 weeks, the taller ones went 10 weeks. I did not get any purple or pink. As good as the smell is, the high is even better ! Looking good Dude, Enjoy. This was one of the short, fast ones.gallery_7552_4147_1342188.jpg

• Like 7

awesome sugarpunch barney!

:wave:

Talking about pot size... I have found that often Most of the roots are on the surface and it is almost like I don't need a bigger pot. My timing for the last pot is usually about two weeks before flower though. Maybe more of the pot would be used if I vegg'd longer.

Odd - All of mine tend to be at the bottom....A big solid mass of fine roots normally. I normally run 5 Gallons with a few 3 gallons staggered in with small plants. Loving these 20s though! Are you sure you aren't too damp? Otherwise I would say it comes down to Veg time and how much light you got on em!

I can tell ya this lemon thai is filling the 20 gal pot with roots. Thing has a freaking trunk going on.

Dude

• Like 1

Alright time for a photobomb.

I haven't been on much the past few weeks. The real world has got me busy and this grow is pretty much taking care of itself to this point.

Here is the main tent. Everything is between 3.5 and 5.5 weeks into flower.

gallery_9737_4271_1936612.jpg

gallery_9737_4271_1965446.jpg

gallery_9737_4271_1156138.jpg

gallery_9737_4271_2497257.jpg

Hog AK at 5.5 weeks. Already starting fade and the buds are swelling. Making its final push now and will be pulled down in the next week.

gallery_9737_4271_1096842.jpg

Holy crap can this SSSDH stretch from clone. I was sort of worried that this clone may not be big enough when I put it into flower. Well without the servere bondage she would have already been through the roof of my tent..... This plant is as slow to get into flower from clone as it was from seed. Shown at 4 weeks.

gallery_9737_4271_215011.jpg

SSSDH again

gallery_9737_4271_1491932.jpg

JBK a few days short of 5 weeks. The end is near.

gallery_9737_4271_180542.jpg

Nuke BBSD a few days short of 6 weeks. Frost factory. Probably just one more week to go.

gallery_9737_4271_249292.jpg

Indica Alley -some of the fast finishers stacking up.

gallery_9737_4271_1058216.jpg

The sugar punch clan. Would have to check notes, but probably just short of 5 weeks after showing pistils.

gallery_9737_4271_2054038.jpg

The purple has migrated to the top of the interesting sugar punch pheno. Still building super dense buds, but pretty slowly, big spear shape.

gallery_9737_4271_1697981.jpg

What I was thinking the SSH pheno. Last one to flower, starting to hit stride.

gallery_9737_4271_1392224.jpg

These two are pretty identical. Looks like they will be medium flower time yielders.

gallery_9737_4271_733282.jpg

This gal is a little different than the last two. Looks like it will be the fastest finisher and lowest yielder. It looks like its trying to pick up some density, so we will see. Super frosty buds with resin like super glue and a kind of chemical sweet smell right now. Could be very good.

gallery_9737_4271_435627.jpg

Well everything was going well until this pic... This is the smaller tent running a 600 dimmed to 450w. Everything in here is looking killer except my poor lemon Thai. She got big and green for me after transplant, then started to yellow some on the buds immediately under the HPS which wasnt terribly surprising. It didn't help that I forgot to put a fan in here (there is air motion from the vortex, but its more passive than direct). This is normally veg space and I have been distracted. So I came home this week and she looks really bad. Every other plant in here is tolerating the HPS with no head space, so I should have taken the clue that something more was at play. I now think she has might have a stem issue. I burried her down to the bottom of the 20 gallon trying to keep height down and I dont like what I am seeing. Lesson learned, now to see if I can salvage her of if she goes off the deep end (which would be a shame).

gallery_9737_4271_1541643.jpg

PS - Tip of the week. Don't foliar 10 minutes before your HPS lights come on! I normally foliar a couple hours before lights on with fans blowing. Came home from a long business trip and wanted to foliar before the lights came on, only had 10 minutes, knew better. Raped my pistils! That was a week ago and you can't tell now but it probably stunted them a few days or cost me a few grams.

Dude

• Like 7

My lord what an operation. I hate to even look. My op is going nowhere really. I need to move, that is all I can say atm.

• Like 1

been a while since I've stopped by, dude.

your tent is cranking - as always!

I put the LT twins in a 13 gal pot together...ready for flo in another week or so!

• Like 2

Sorry Guys - I have been swamped lately with another project.

This grow has been literally growing itself with a splash of water twice a week on my part.

The good news? Everything looks super happy and I already harvested one Nuke BBSD and the HOG AK at 7 weeks. Both were very done.

The crazy bad news? I actually lost that huge Lemon Thai. Lesson learned. You run these big no til smart pots fairly moist in general. Kind of like the soil outside. Well In effort to keep that thing manageable in a short tent, I had buried about an foot of mature stem down in the pot when I transplanted. Stem rot took it out, completely dead a day after the last pics. Lesson learned!

The upside is that I was able to take the rest of the plants and put them in a circle around the perimeter of the short tent and crank it up to the full 600w. The yield loss probably wont be much different, but damn I wanted to refill the jars with LT. Oh well, the clone is still alive and well.

Hope everyone is well!

Dude

• Like 6

sorry for your lost dude

• Like 1

I am glad you have that LT clone. I check in to see what is up with that one. I have a couple LT seeds I am going to pop soon.

• Like 1

Nah thats the worst part..she is not sensitive at all. Aggressive grower that just likes nutrients, root space and light. Shit just happens. I have never had this issue indoors, but the new method is replicating the outdoors so it kind of makes sense. Without lessons how would we learn? The Sugar Punches are still rocking the other 20 Gallon....and doing it well.

I have clones of all my keepers before they hit flower so no worries. Was just hoping for a nice lil QP of LT in the stash. I will have to conserve the existing jar in the meantime. Shit is a phenomenal smoke.

I do have two female Lemon Berry x Lemon Thai from a gracious member that are looking delightful. Much better bud structure on these over the LT so that is a plus and I doubt the flavor/buzz will disappoint.

Dude

• Like 3

@ dude

Are you running the clackamas coot/bluejay tea in your no-tills? aloe/malted grain/coconut water/agisil/kelp

-Passion

• Like 1