•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sharkota

Why is this? Does anyone know exactly why?

gallery_8595_4302_5268.jpg

Those pictures are not mine, but same thing is happening to my young babies!! Could it be change of fertilizers? Could it be they got too dry? I feed them 1,0 Ec and ph 5,6 all the way!!! And it is Hesi, and starting to spray CalGreen from Metrop. They are regular seeds don´t know yet if they are male of female, so it means less than two month age.

Thank you.

What rev said...

As to burning with nuts, you would see a crispy curl at the edges that start on the tips, a ph issue would make the leaves look a lot worse. If you have been watering a lot, stop and let those roots stretch, when the soil is dry you might want to try half the volume of water each watering to let her recover a bit...

If it's under watering, the leaves will get crispy soon instead of just wilting with that discoloration, that's my 2 cents

• Like 1

Impossible to tell between over-watered and under-watered but it's either one.

Not a huge deal.

RM

Rev is right, telling the difference between under & overwatering is next to impossible... at least at first... the later stages make it obvious which one it is. Both issues will make the plants leaves droop or have a wilted look to them.

With overwatering, the leaves usually start to curl on the edges first; curling towards the underside of the leaf.... tips curl in & down. Chronically overwatered plants can experience leaf-drop(even green leaves)

Underwatering does the exact opposite; leaves start curling upwards at the edges, the leaves also take on a dry(even wrinkled) look to them.... tips curl up & out. Chronically underwatered plants will look similar to the description Gretstone gave above, concerning nutrient burn.

On a different note, I have experienced heat stress on plants that resemble the pattern on your leaves... early stages anyway, before the patches turn brown and become brittle. I thought of this because of the leaf edges shown, to me they look different than they would if it was over/underwatering; meaning, they don't seem to have any curl to them either way.

Sharkota, would it be possible to show a pic of the whole plant?

Looks like over watering. If you are pH 5.6, you have a problem. I was thinking nutrient lockout from over watering, which means not enough O2 to the roots. If your pH is 5.6, you could be seeing nutrient lockout for that reason. If you are not using bacteria for your nutrients, this may be a good time to use H2O2 . If the medium is already soaked, so a weak nutrient solution containing 2-3% peroxide can revive your plants if you do not water for at least a week after. A moisture meter helps.

If you do not have a moisture meter, you can use what I call the Dirty Sanchez technique. Plunge your finger deep into the medium, and count to 10. Pull your finger out, and draw it across your upper lip. The lip is sensitive, so it will be obvious if it is too wet.

Sorry guys, I didn´t mention, it is in Mapito, so overwatering is not a chance. I think it could have been over drying. Ph is perfect for Mapito, the Ec is perfect for Mapito. But after reading all the posts, I have start discarding chances and I think when mapito dries out, the salt build up can cause this burns.

I have removed the leaves too.

I feed them 1,0 Ec and ph 5,6 all the way!!! And it is Hesi, and starting to spray CalGreen from Metrop

-Whats yer basic EC level, what week of bloom are you in... ?

-Has the CalGreen been used (diluted) correctly? Have you sprayed with lights on? How far are the lights away?

Just some questions. I hope they get better!

Hi, the plants are better, they are on 18/6, less than two month old. Calgreen is mixed properly, following the instruction. The plants when they got burned where under those Growlyte 200W, no heat radiation. Yes sprayed with lights on, as Metrop says. As I mentioned before, I think they dry too fast, and the salt build up could be the problem, I have flushed with 1/4 strength of the 1,0 EC. my tap water is 0,2 Ec.