•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Guest BrockSamson

Glycerine Cannabis Tincture

Guest BrockSamson

Hey, I was hoping to get some people to post up some cannabis tincture recipes that have worked for you in the past.

I'm planning on creating a glycerine tincture ala the Beach Bud method (decarb>Add glycerine under heat>strain out glycerine).

The main questions I had were as follows:

Can I make this tincture out of hash? :

I've got 2 large garbage bags full of trim and popcorn buds, and I feel it would be easier to turn it into bubble hash first, and then change the hash into the cannabis tincture.

Should I only use popcorn buds for the tincture or can I use the trim as well?

Another idea I had was to just throw all the trim and popcorn buds into a large container with a whole lot of glycerine, let it sit there for a month or 2 and then strain out the glycerine.

I was looking for this glycerin at 4 different stores in a town. None stocked it, or acted like they knew whatnI was asking for. I now must search in a larger town, an hour north. Thanks for sharing...nice thread! Happy growing :)

best price I've found is here

I used to pay $12-15 a pint locally so was really happy to find this.

Food grade glycerin at Hobby Lobby, of course best bang for your buck on net.

My local health food store carries 100% USP vegetable glycerin in quarts and gallons for tinctures and soap-making. I can also get it at the organic co-op in my town - but they're more expensive unless you have a membership share.

I won't shop @HobbyLobby... I just don't like their political views and I won't spend my money with them. (note: that's my thing only and is not meant to stir up a controversy... so please take no offense)

• Like 2

Food grade glycerin at Hobby Lobby, of course best bang for your buck on net.

@ over 4 times the price of the link I posted I'm not sure how they are anyone's best bang. Just sayin'

• Like 1

I think thats two seperate statements beachbud...like you can get it at hobby lobby, BUT the best bang for your buck is the net.

Also real old school hippie type health stores carry it but id just do the net as well. Its so hit or miss with it.

• Like 1

@

Also real old school hippie type health stores carry it but id just do the net as well. Its so hit or miss with it.

Hah! The Health Food store I go to is anything but 'old school, hippie type'... lots of knowledgable, new-school hipsters working there - quite a few really nice-looking young ladies who are smoking friends as well... and a great source for my RO water when I need to mix up some innoculants for a new batch of soil treatment!

OK... there is one tye-dyed, long-haired Earth-Mother type who works there, too... she keeps trying to give me free samples of some weird colon-cleansing capsules every time I'm in there - proper poops must be her thing, I guess - hahaha!

Peace.

BB

yeah, it was two statements... lazy writing, sorry for that... I, too, avoid Hobby Lobby based on politics. Same for that chicken place... can't even think of what they are called, though I seldom buy fast food from anywhere, so it's not like I am punishing their bottom line.

yes, there are many places to get the stuff at a much better price than HL. Just a thought if you didn't want to commit to a large volume.

• Like 1

Same for that chicken place...

That would be Chik-fil-A... another company who will never see a cent of my cash. Like you, I don't do fast food as a rule - but I'll be damned if I ever support a company that takes such a narrow-minded stance against women.

BB

• Like 1

Lol! You must have a newer place lol! I mean theres whole foods n stuff where theres hotties but I was just sayin the small mom n pop nutrition stores have em. I managed over 15 healthfood stores and my staff was me and 3 very hot girls who knew their shit. Besides knowledge my biz philosophy was to hire beautiful women. It worked. but im not being narrow minded, just biz savvy