•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Lexn

Shoreline (Devils Harvest Seeds)

High all,

Back with a new round with fem seeds from DHS.

The two little buggers are replacements. They are Chocolate Berry from uncle Esko.

They have grown for approx. 3w (except for the chocberrys) on 24/24 and have got their first dark this night.

gallery_22720_16822_4693454.jpg

Again some colouration issues.

My guesses:

-PH went wrong (cause: prewatering was tapwater with little amount of Sannie Bacto, after that all rainwater)

-Soil little bit to wet to long cause of the little drinking in the beginning.

For the rest they seem healthy. They've been fimmed the shorelines.

Greetings!

EDIT: they are in 15L of Canna Terra Pro +. The dirt should have buffered the first watering imo.

Hey there, what nutrients do you use? Are you able to measure pH? Why do you think something went wrong with the pH?

I don't really think they look healthy :innocent:

Thanks for poppin in Bio and Afternoon,

Its hard to believe there is an deficiency in something because its always fresh dirt from the growshop.

Should be enough dirt to depend solely on the dirt even for flowering because of the size of the pots.

I can not measure PH/EC; but again the size of the container should buffer it.

No nutes were used beside a few crumbs of Sannie Bacto to water in the pots for the first time with tapwater (->PH around 8 once measured localy)

(I put dirt in container, water, mingle, new layer same procedure, then plant seed)

But from what I seen with other this cant be the problem.

After that I watered after a week then every 3 days, all with rainwater. (approx 0.5L given aboven and now via dish)

Only other 'amendment' is Myco Symbiosis.

Another thing I can think of is the fungus gnats larvaes but its been treated with Nematodes and havent seen any new gnats last couple days.

Maybe it was the shock of some larvae eating the roots.

Greetings

I don't think it is caused by the gnats. The size of the pots are not the problem too. Since your using myco's and bacto pH shouldn't be the problem too.

That leaves us with two more option's.

- Nutrients

- Climate

What are the temperatures? In your first post in this topic.

Don't mind if I quote

They have grown for approx. 3w (except for the chocberrys) on 24/24 and have got their first dark this night.

You should defenitely not Give your plants 24 hours of light. The light schedule should be 18/6.

About the nutrients.

I am familiar with canna terra. According to my knowledge Canna terra professional is not holding enough nutrients for a lady with an age longer than a week.

If you will start to give them nutrients and on the normal night/day schedule you will be just fine.

• Like 1

Afternoon,

The reason why I opt for 24/24 is for a steady climate during veg. It may have been a bit dryer to be good but can't be the reason imo.

Temps ranged from 22-25°c(measured above the wing in a place with air circulation) with an averaged humidity around 40%.

The lamp hasnt been closer then 30cm (250hps).

About the nutrients, imo the size of the container should provide enough food for at least till flowering. Then I was planning on giving some BAC bio bloom nutes.

The rootsystem of a seed/clone can't be big enough to take all the nutes out of the dirt at the age of a week i'm thinking now.

Can the dried up top layer of the dirt cause an higher EC shock to the roots since I'm watering via dish ? (im just thinking here)

Greetings!

Yeah if you water from under you shoul keep the top layer moist too. 24/24 light regime is very bad and unnatural for the ladies. In combination with the dry top layer. Its a remedy for disaster. I am sorry to say that.

• Like 1

You dont have to apologise stating your opinion about something. I appreciate the input.

I will try to give alternate watering each time. One time above, next time dish, etc.

Greetings!

Hi mate,

Very interested by your results... Chocberry Shoreline mum. :yummy:

I have the impression to see broad mites almost everywhere cause in this moment and since a few month I was fighting with broad mite, fortunately it can't pass by the web... lol but be careful I live close of the Belgium. ;)

They bring in the beginning some burning tips and spot with rather dark green leaves looking alike many nutrients issues.

Then branches and leaves deformity, tips curling up & down, and again more burning or

discolored spot like bleach.

Also eggs look really alike relief on the mery stem (new roots or pinching damage)

Hope it's just me becoming mad... :lol: :kill: :smoke

Greets

Hiwatt

Lexn: I've always enjoyed your grow threads. I hope you can sort out your problem(s). Below I copied Canna's info on your soil mix. The last paragraph caught my eye. Are you using Sannie's tabs?

Terra Professional Plus

CANNA Terra Professional Plus formula was developed to fulfill the desire of creating the purest soil mix possible and to obtain the best effects with CANNA TERRA nutrients.

CANNA Terra Professional Plus is made up from raw materials each of the highest quality. Exclusive, high grade ingredients such as airy peat moss and different types of tree bark (as a substitute for perlite) are components of CANNA Terra Professional Plus. They have an antiseptic effect and increase aeration qualities. This has a direct result in promoting exceptional root development and formation of thicker stems, while faster metabolism combined with low sickness rates ensure an increased production.

CANNA Terra Professional Plus is enriched with special feeding mixes, containing all the elements plants need during their first week, meaning no additional feeding is needed at that time! The medium is also pH-adjusted for long-term control with a lime charge large enough to last an entire cycle. It has a mineral-nutrient starter charge that adjusts the initial level of nutrients up to a good beginning charge, correcting the ratios to work perfectly with CANNA TERRA nutrients.

Hiwatt,

I hope but think not im dealing with mites. ( i will check for sure ). Maybe a good dubi can relax your mite-infested mind :P lol

btw dont know iff i get you wrong but there are two separate strains :) no cross.

Native,

Thanks for the info,

So like I thaught the dirt should have buffered my bad tapwater at first... Since it has a lime charge for an entire cycle.

I dont use any tabs no more, since I had some weird troubles in a previous grow with saltbuildup on top of the soil.

Afternoon,

It maybe havent been as clear but its the Plus dirt. I used the symbol + which you may have wread wrong like i wanted to add something to the phrase.

My conclusion leads the most to the highered EC of the topsoil which may have caused a shock. I can be wrong offcourse but Ive seen grows with more amendments in the same soil with no burns/colouration whatsoever.

Greetings!

Ah my bad. I did indeed read it wrong. Becase of the high EC topsoil blokkades are caused. So thats my conclusion too.

I think the best way to fix it. Is flush as much as possible water thru it. Good luck :)

Yes, I just poured 1l over the topsoil. I wont flush it in the literal sense since Im risking to kill the rootsystem by suffocation. (because the airroots cant breath due to many water).

In a day or 2-3 I'll pour again 1l over the topsoil. In the meanwhile nothing via dish.

I also have some Yucca at my disposal. Maybe I'll ad a few drops (less then recommended amount) so the toplayer holds it moisture better again.

Greetings!

High all,

3w 24/24

1w 12/12

This is going the wrong way again. I have a herma among the shoreline, i spotted balls...

I spotted a couple at the sidebranches to. She gots to go, unfortunatly (s)he was the healthiest looking.(right under)

gallery_22720_16822_536404.jpg

gallery_22720_16822_3090936.jpg

gallery_22720_16822_1550991.jpg

Sorry for the bad focus.

The other Shorelines didnt show anything yet.

I pulled them a bit to the side, as well with the chocberrys. These are a bit raised.

Lamp is 30 cm away, temps are good max 26 min 18 humidity around 50-70%

Hope with me the others turn out ok so I can have something at least - _ -

Greetings

you have me watching like always, broski :) fingers crossed all plants flower nicely for you.

try to give a bit less water. i had such yellowings from slightly overwatering a bit sometimes.

Thanks for watching along San, always nice to know!

I will keep it in mind. I'm already planning on using my tensiometers again for next round for a better feel when to water.

Now I'm just lifting the pots and watch the plants.

Normaly I'm gonna water the plants tonight with 0.5L each up top (last watering was last sunday, so 3days in between waterings).

Next week orso I'm gonna start giving it via dish again and see how they react.

Greetings!

EDIT: watering postponed

High all,

3w 24/24

2w 12/12

I wish to think they are doing better. The new growth seems to be darker again and they start stretching.

Again a shoreline (right) which show male and female preflowers. I got to capture it with camera. The other one (left) is showing just female pistil for now. It's at a very early stage so bit tiny to capture with my camera.

I'm planning on castrating them and hope none come back. I can easily change my mind and throw them away after all. All depends how well they behave now and my state of mind in the future :P (and the advice from dhs itself regarding this issue)

The chocberrys on the other hand are catching up ( still raised ). The more indica dom is showing mini female pistil(right), the sativa dom is stretching away but no sign of preflowers yet.

I watered them 20/03 with 0.5L each except for the chocberrys then 23/03 with 0.33L each except for shoreline right some more.

Now I watered them again with 0.33L each. Planning on drying them out 2 days now and give water on 3d day.

Still no nutrients been given.

My meter broke down and wont show min/max Humidity no more, just the current one. Temps are ranging from 18°Cmin to 25°C max

Still keeping the distance from lamp at 30 cm

gallery_22720_16822_4553377.jpg

Pics of the Shoreline Right Back

gallery_22720_16822_108593.jpg

gallery_22720_16822_1639441.jpg

Greetings!

• Like 1

good evening,lexn :wave:

what a pitty,looks hermie to me (when the 2 last pix from the same plant ?)

Hey Lex. I think You are correct about the nutes in new soil. The plants turn yellow for some reason ? They are not getting all they want. What they want is in the soil. They could not have used up all the nutes in good soil. In nature they grow in poor soil without going yellow at that age. Sick roots from too much water sounds like a probable cause ? Good luck.

Ghostpoet few balls are ok iff they dont return. With the previous grow I risked it and turned out good. Ill give it some time, see how it develops.

Saxo those are from the same plant, different branch.

Barney I think It indeed might have something to do with my watering techniques. Although the roots of the discarded plant(last week) were healthy white.

Greetings

The plant to the back left looks overwatered. It looks like nutrient lock-out due to too much water. I see a bunch of sticky traps that also suggest too much water. It happens to the best of us, but I only gave AfternoonDelight 1 "like" because you can not give 2. Nutrient issues are not opinion, they are, or they are not. Very Jedi.

There are meters available everywhere that test soil moisture. If you are growing organic, you should get one that is designed for composting, since it is optimized for bacteria, and they are what provide you with the nutrients.

Nil next round im gonna pop in my tensios again.

Also to all: I would want some advice how you guys start your containers of dirt.

Do you prewater?How you manage the waterhousehold during the first weeks where the plants dont drink much.

You dont want to dry out your soil but still dont want to suffocate the little seedlings.

For every layer of dirt I put in the container I water it and mix it a bit , then put a new layer of dirt and water it again and so fort till the container is filled.

But since that isnt the way for me personal I think, since I deal with overwatering. I was wondering how you guys started off.

Is there a golden rule to follow like 1/10 of total Liters of soil to PREwater?? (f.e. 1L water to water in 10L of soil?)

Sorry for the noobish question. But as you can see I'm struggling with it still :)

Greetings!