•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Amhazed

Is Sannie's Jack prone to mold?

Hello everybody, I have a question concerning SJ and mold.

Since I live in a very humid and hot place, that I plan on growing outdoor, and also since I really want to try SJ I was wondering if it may not be too dense and by that promote bud rot.

Apparently the strain has been really worked upon and it seems it's likely to be qui homogenous in grow patterns but still, isn't it possible to find one that would be less dense that would allow me to grow SJ here? (still, maybe it would be good anyhow) or should I search for a hybrid like silverfields?

Thanks in advance for your inputs

I am really looking forward to growing this weed.

Amhazed

I have got some Jack mold indoor I don't think she can go outdoor in a humid area, if it was warm and dry ok, I believe I've read same Cinderella can't go in a wet place despite friends already tried her out here...

I grew her without mold problems in a humid region, but it is something to watch out for. I did get mold with Shackzilla, but Shackzilla's colas are more dense.

It was indoors with no humidity control.

A sativa with smaller buds might work better for you. Maybe Amnesia, or some tropical sativa from USC?

SJ may not be as bad a choice for you, as big cola plants go, because when I grew the F6, it was all tails and somewhat airy. Then again, maybe it would act like a sponge.

I think if you grow in a humid region you better to choose outdoor specific strain if you want harvested something great, perhaps Killing Field or Jackberry as Jack crosses can do the job. Herijuana maybe more good...

oscilating fan ( I mean proper one which spins, apart from the blades action, from the left to the right and from the right to the left and so on) blowing on every plant sorted the problem out in my case. I had mold once when a fan broke in the end of flowering. I was too stoned and lazy to fix it and that was a HUGE mistake as lost 1/3 of the crop in the end.

Now experimenting with 12cm 24V computer case fans, few of them placed strategically should prevent mold too. These little things are very powerful in CFM and use very little electricity.

I found mold has a big chance to spread when there isn't enough air movement durring the dark period with the RH 60% or higher.

I assume any strain with big ass colas would be prone to mold, proper ventilation is the key. And hey, I live in the UK so when it comes to the humidity this is HELL !

for humid outdoor, there is some strong strains, like Holland's Hope for example.

I think Amhazed is looking for sativas.

I'd consider USC's double jam or the jamaican x columbian cross.

Thank you very much everyone and specially MisterD. Sorry I was very busy the last few days and I forgot a bit about that post.

Thanks for the suggestion and, as Misterdirt pointed out I am more looking for sativas than indica based strains or sativa leaning hybrids. But I am also considering some indicas for the dry season. As for humidity, if UK is more cold-humid and in the amazon it's hot and humid.

I already planned to put ventilators in the greenhouse but thanks for making me want to buy then sooner than later now.

As for SJ I was wondering how compact/airy it was. I will keep it in my wish list for later on.

I finally set some goals for this grow. First of all get strains that works here and be autonomous weed wise. Later on get strains which maybe more interesting on certain aspects but might be harder to grow in my climates. Then select for breeding the one that are growing well here and the one that doesn't but interest me. Should keep me busy for quite a long time. Even more since I will have to tune in my techniques which are mainly indoor related.

Thanks for suggesting DoubleJam and ColJam, I had them on my radar along with napalma which I would love to make charas of and BOOM ;)

Anyway the day is starting here, seems like we will have some beautiful and hot day. And wherever you are, It may not be as hot as here but I sincerely wish you a good one.

PS I am also looking at ACE seeds as they have many strains that would love it here.