•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

hybridhygro

Jackberry F4 & Herijuana DWC Scrog 2014

2 Jackberry + 1 Herijuana DWC Scrog 2014

2 Jackberry +1 Herijuana. Hybridhygro’s 1st time growing Sannie’s strains.

Here is the set-up for this grow.

Indoor / Secret Jarden DR100 grow tent

Light / 600w HM veg + Ajust-a-wing shade,600w Hps flower bulb + air cooled shade

Medium / DWC 45ltr tub + net pot + clay pebbles.

GHE Nutrients Grow Micro Bloom + Silica + Cal Mag.

This is done with thanks to Hygrohybrid who taught me how to scrog and grow dwc

Style. The 3 plants are in one large net-pot. I started from seed this time. This will be my 1st from seed scrog attempt. I started in root-riots then moved them on to coco. The plan was to do this as a coco grow, but they just sat there doing nothing for about 3 weeks? Change of plan, DWC it has to be. Soon as I moved them boom off they went ;) I’m trying to make this a picture diary with a wee bit of text for each picture. You will get the idea ; )

How i start Sannies seeds ;)

gallery_9653_4432_52522.jpg

How they looked after the transfer to dwc.

gallery_9653_4432_48502.jpg

Set-up for the 600w MH.

gallery_9653_4432_137737.jpg

The roots were getting to big for my 20ltr bucket.

gallery_9653_4432_43935.jpg

I had to improvise a lid and get then into the 45ltr tub.

gallery_9653_4432_339843.jpg

Some paper blocks out the light getting to the roots.

gallery_9653_4432_354228.jpg

I got my new lid for the tub and started to make the scrog cube.

gallery_9653_4432_299510.jpg

Started my low stress training routine,

gallery_9653_4432_383413.jpg

AT this point I think I should say they got mixed up and I’m not entirely sure what is what? I KNOW there are 2 jackberry and 1 herijuana…lol…they look like 3 deferent plants. As they look now in the pictures I think it’s Jackberry#1 and #2 at the front with Herijuana at the back. I soft topped the JB#1 Fimmed JB#2 and did nothing to herijuana. the JB#2 on the right is a beast. Tight internodes massive Indica leaves. JB#1 one on the right has bigger spaced internodes and just as big leaves. What I can see of Herijuana she’s doing fine.

Out the tent, this is the Herijuana ;)

gallery_9653_4432_216987.jpg

Got a bigger air pump ;)

gallery_9653_4432_389637.jpg

Pre-LST

gallery_9653_4432_487390.jpg

Post-LST

gallery_9653_4432_375491.jpg

Added some weight to the one on the right

gallery_9653_4432_403806.jpg

This is from tonight. I’m looking to put them into flower this weekend, I had a choice cut a bit off my scrog cube or raise the plants a bit. Added 2 breeze blocks and it’s perfect ; )

gallery_9653_4432_381697.jpg

After some HST and LST

gallery_9653_4432_381697.jpg

From Above

gallery_9653_4432_458480.jpg

Profile shot ;)

gallery_9653_4432_330266.jpg

We are all up to date with this grow. They are on 420ppm nutrients with the EC around 6.0. Things are looking pretty good considering I’ve never tried a scrog from seed or grown any of Sannies strains before…I’m impressed so far @Sannie ;) All 3 plants looks great. On a side not. My friend who gave me the seeds also started 2 Jackberry, both turned out to be males…lol…Good clones (thanks @fatrasta) are on the way mate ;) hells bells this is a big post. Sorry about that. Hope you can get through it all ;) more updates as we go from now on.

Impute, opinions (good or bad) advice, is always welcome

• Like 11

Looking like a great start on this one. Three strains instead of one, I understand that. Man's gotta have some variety.

Plants seem to enjoy your company and care, best of luck this grow, hope you get a couple of beasts.

You mention you started from seeds, are these fems or reg? curious.

• Like 1

im in for the show! looking great so far. im hunting through some jackberry phenos next time I get some free space available. I ran her outdoors but never saw the purple phenol I was looking for. cant wait to have a purple jackberry mother and do a full run of clones indoors and out. jackberry is a true winner, good luck and stay safe. amw

• Like 1

great looking grow btw, ill stick around as im very interested in jackberry as a mother plant. I ran her from seed and never found a purple phenol but ill keep trying till I get one,then its on with clones and perpetuals. very nice scrogg. never tried a scrog grow but love sea of green,training, topping fimming, lst supercropping and anything else that creates an even canopy so one day id like to do a scrog type grow with indica dominant strains from clone. damn, I love growing pot indoors!

• Like 2

oh oh, did that plant pop a nut? talk about big brass ones :rofl

Here for the show :popcorn:

Y'all stay safe

BalzOut

• Like 2

Looking like a great start on this one. Three strains instead of one, I understand that. Man's gotta have some variety.

Plants seem to enjoy your company and care, best of luck this grow, hope you get a couple of beasts.

You mention you started from seeds, are these fems or reg? curious.

They were Regs Bro ;) I got lucky with my 3 girls, my friend got all the males :) 3 beasts on the way ;)

• Like 1

You seem to have that DWC method really dialed in, Hybrid!

:verrygood

Did you choose to do those two strains together for any particular reason, or was that just what you had to start with? the only reason I ask is because some strains feed so differently.

I can't wait to see these BEASTS develop!!

:icecream:

p.s. love that altar btw!

• Like 2

You seem to have that DWC method really dialed in, Hybrid!

:verrygood

Did you choose to do those two strains together for any particular reason, or was that just what you had to start with? the only reason I ask is because some strains feed so differently.

I can't wait to see these BEASTS develop!!

:icecream:

p.s. love that altar btw!

Hey bro thanks for asking. I got the seeds off my mate, he got the indica mix and gave me half the pack. i did ask sannie and indican for advice but looked it all up myself and i think i should be ok ;) they all look fine. I might have to flip then tonight as they are getting so big ;) I'll do an update if i do flip then? take it easy mate

• Like 2

Jackberry + Herijuana Update.

I flipped them to 12/12 last night, I thought I had better get this done as they are getting real big now. I change back to the 600w, new bulb + new Rhino pro-filter, Air cooled shade set-up just like last time. I’ll keep a close eye on the temperature for a day or two. Just make sure nothing has come lose ;) While I was doing the monster crop I had to take a big leaf off the plant at the back, it’s got 9 segments just like the one at the front. Now we know! what is what :) Herijuana on the left, the other two are the Jackberrys.

Monster cropped the 3 of them about 2 or 3 inches below the scrog net

gallery_9653_4432_483779.jpg

Plants are looking pretty sorry for themselves

gallery_9653_4432_576610.jpg

Pulled up all the branches I snapped over

gallery_9653_4432_493534.jpg

I’ll just keep re arranging everything for the next week or two

gallery_9653_4432_234525.jpg

I’m not worried about under the net just now. I can start that in a week or 2.

gallery_9653_4432_328455.jpg

That was last night…phew glad to have got that done ;)

• Like 4

Hi @Link420, thanks for saying that mate :) you don't need a lot of plants or a lot of space to get a good harvest. I like one plant scrog best. this was just to speed things up a bit ;)

Switched to the 600w air cooled shade, it’s a tight fit. The air is pulled in through the filter then pushed out through the shade taking the hot air with it.

gallery_9653_4432_95825.jpg

All 3 plants have responded well the monster crop session. No signs of slowing the growth any stress ;)

gallery_9653_4432_419456.jpg

It’s amazing how fast the plants bounce back after heavy monster cropping. The support the net gives the plant helps keep the stress to a minimum.

gallery_9653_4432_322699.jpg

Off to a good start with lots of tops popping up all over the place.

gallery_9653_4432_537663.jpg

I’ll keep pulling them back under and out to the next space in the scrog net until I run out of space.

gallery_9653_4432_221235.jpg

• Like 6

The plants are trying to burst out the net. The net is a bit loose but good enough to do the job (I hope) :)

gallery_9653_4432_324779.jpg

I’ve started trimming the underside of the plant. Just a layer at a time, not to much in one session. Keep the stress low as possible at all times.

gallery_9653_4432_489392.jpg

This is the way I got the spread out. The Herijuana looks like a plant I could do my one plant scrog thing on ;) I got 2 clones rooting right now ;) give one to a friend and keep the other one as a bonsai mum :)

gallery_9653_4432_452770.jpg

I’ve stepped up the food to 540ppm and slowly switching to the bloom regimen over the next week. ;) take it easy until next time

• Like 3

Jackberry and Herijuana Flowering day10 update

As you can see they seem to handle or maybe even like my rough treatment. It’s a jungle in there now. They are looking more like what I’ve been trying to get to.

gallery_9653_4432_428752.jpg

I still got a few spaces in the net ;) only 1 bad snap out the 3 plants (no bad at all, it was only a small branch) :)

gallery_9653_4432_374700.jpg

You can see how much the net is straining under the pressure. I hope it don’t all fall apart on me???…lol…Making slow progress on the under-girth just a few leaves every night ;) I need to get it done before the transition to flower is finished. I don’t mess with them when they are in flower at all, just food and light at that point ;)

gallery_9653_4432_352752.jpg

The ppm’s are at 540 EC 5.8. I’ll keep a close eye on them as this is the 1st 540ppm feed, if I see any signs of nutrient burn I’ll flush and lower it to 420 again ;) That’s it for now ;)

• Like 4

Hi Hybrid

Love that ScrOG, especially since I haven't tried one myself yet, your berrybomb looked quite good too, a bit overfed maybe? Did it taste good?

We're growing almost total opposite, I,ve been doing SOG with multiple strains in a perpetual growstyle, just can't control myself. Your's look cleaner and more controlled than the mess im messing with. Sorry, tired and rambling.

I see you're from Scotland. I have some friends there in Dornee I think that's the name. Highland, westcoast, haven't been there yet, I worked with them here in DK.

Liked the taste of Jackberry, quite a mellow stone though. The Heri is very woody sandal like, sometimes almost tasteless with a bit of hmm in the throat, got me quite stoned sometimes when I had it, kind of a buzzing sweating forehead. You probably know all that.

May your blossoms flourish long and good luck with that grow.

Will be checking back when they start to fill out a bit.

G'night opengrow

your berrybomb looked quite good too, a bit overfed maybe? Did it taste good?

Liked the taste of Jackberry, quite a mellow stone though. The Heri is very woody sandal like, sometimes almost tasteless with a bit of hmm in the throat, got me quite stoned sometimes when I had it, kind of a buzzing sweating forehead. You probably know all that.

Hi bro, I think I under fed that berrybomb :) I did not do the transition to flower very well on her last time...I hope I can do better this time around?... As for the taste and stone, I know nothing about Jackberry or Herijuana…I was more interested in growing Sannie’s Killing Fields. My mate got the indica mix i got the sativa mix then i seen Soliloqueen (I see you also have one) Now I got a few to get through before I grow Killing Fields. I might change style again? Go back to nft and see what I can do with an nft scrog? Like you, I don’t go for all that wine tasting bollocks when I’m talking about my weed, all I can say about berrybomb is it tastes of fruits (citrus) and gets me stoned to the bone every day ;) see you when it gets interesting :showoff:

I don’t go for all that wine tasting bollocks when I’m talking about my weed, all I can say about berrybomb is it tastes of fruits (citrus) and gets me stoned to the bone every day ;)

good enough buddy, I'm the same. 1.gif loving the time spent to fill the screen 30.gif much :grinning_respect:

• Like 1

I like trying to figure out scents and flavors, but I am not that good at it. In most weed, the flavor is "smokey" unless it's so obvious it slaps me in the face.

I think there are sets of scents you can buy to practice identifying them. When we're all legal and legit, I'm getting one so I can go to weed tastings and be properly obnoxious.

• Like 2

I think there are sets of scents you can buy to practice identifying them. When we're all legal and legit, I'm getting one so I can go to weed tastings and be properly obnoxious.

That made me laugh :lol:

Day 14 update.

Two weeks in and all is look good. I keep changing the water every 3rd day and they seem to love it. 560ppm E.C. As you can see I been busy under the net (no light gets to it so I chop everything not getting any light.

gallery_9653_4432_383149.jpg

It looks harsh but the bit above the scrog net is where all the action is ;)

gallery_9653_4432_273730.jpg

I’m still unsure if my net is going to hold out or collapse on me? Lol

gallery_9653_4432_123164.jpg

So far so good

gallery_9653_4432_499615.jpg

• Like 3

Day 22 update.

As predicted the scrog net is falling apart. It’s popped out on both sides at the back plus the cube don’t touch the ground on the right hand side any more. Why did I go for such a flimsy construction? Should have stuck with tried and tested net…Good idea just poorly executed ;) The pictures are from the 19th …before I noticed the net was broken ;) I stood back a bit for the pictures.

The two Jackberry have totally dominated the space, poor Herijuana has been pushed right out to the side.

gallery_9653_4432_465676.jpg

I just started the full bloom schedule 560-700ppm (MAX) 6-micro 9-bloom ratio, I might go 4 -11 for a few days next week for a PK boost. If I see any signs of sadness I’ll switch back to the old ratio plus ad some cal-mag to the mix again if needed?

gallery_9653_4432_62001.jpg

All in all I’m pretty happy with how things are going. I’ve learnt a good few lessons again on this run.

gallery_9653_4432_126401.jpg

• Like 2

Update, Day 28 flowering (half way?)

All is coming along nicely in the tent, you can see my fix for the scrog net falling apart, My Shiva and Ganesh statues came in handy :) I might need to move them when it’s all falling the other way ;) we shall see?

gallery_9653_4432_176868.jpg

Just a small bit of burn on the leaf tips lets me know to drop the nutrients a bit…back to 560ppm until the end.

gallery_9653_4432_209231.jpg

The buds are stacking up nice, I just wish I had took more time to top them all one more time before I put them into flower. More topping = more tops.

gallery_9653_4432_30005.jpg

The good news is both my Herijuana clones are rooted and I’ll get a proper look at her in the future, you can see how pushed out I’ve got her.

Some early bud pictures, I’ve been out with the sugar duster again making them look frosty ;)

gallery_9653_4432_146566.jpg

If you look close you can see some purple in this bud :)

gallery_9653_4432_17344.jpg

Herijuana buds look nice, I’ll get a better look at her next time ;)

gallery_9653_4432_159121.jpg

I’ll try to resist posting loads of picture between updates, but I can’t promise ;)

• Like 9